What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread) (11 Viewers)

Just finished The Alpinist. Holy jeebus those people are just wired different. I got anxiety several times just watching. 

Nine Perfect Strangers (Hulu) - a group of people check into a wellness resort with varying issues to resolve, with a dark undercurrent going on with the people that work there. Lots of great performances and some well known actors (Michael Shannon, Melissa McCarthy, Nicole Kidman, Regina Hall, Bobby Cannavale). I can see possible Emmy nominations. Wasn’t sure about this one in the beginning, but it gets gradually more intense. 4 episodes in so far, and I’m in for the long haul. 
Powering through this. Pretty good. Good characters. Great actors.

I'm like 6 in and still decent. They do the cliffhanger thing well at end of episodes.
It just got to a point for me that I just wanted it over. Liked it overall, but sort of dragged at end. 

Maybe I've just seen too many of these limited series lately - Nicole Kidman apparently does all of them.

Anybody watching Day of the Dead on SyFy? Has a Znation feel to it if you like the campy zombie type of show.
Are you still watching it? I am just because I started it, but it really is bad. No headshots, zombies can do things and remember, bites seem to be no big deal if you get medical attention and water seems to activate it even though we've seen nothing that triggered it. They seem to blame the company but the Hatfields and McCoys already were zombified way before the company and of course the mercenary company guys are taking orders from a random construction foreman. Znation was so much better. I think the smart zombies comes from that newer Romero movie that had the leader zombie, but you still had head shots. This is any cut off body part moves. It's so all over the place and corny. Can't believe have watched them all.

Weird tangent: You ever notice Kidman's ear lobes? Seriously. Check it out sometime. They try to hide them most of the time, but there was an episode later in the season where they were on full display. Never seen anything like it.
So the earlobes didn’t make an appearance in the finale. I googled though, that is weird :lol:

Great final episode though and wrapped it up nicely. Reviews for this series weren’t great, I was into it. Had a lot of underrated actors in it. 

Whenever my wife and I are in a tv rut, I come here to see what shows are being mentioned that we haven't seen yet.  It's resulted in a pretty good track record to the point where now she asks me to "go wherever you go and figure out a good new show for us to watch."

So I see these posts and, because I don't like to read much at all about a show before I try it out, I just did a quick google search to see what platform it's on.  The blurb next to the search result saying it's on Hulu also says, 

so I told her I have a new comedy for us to watch.

Needless to say, it's nothing like what we expected.  :)   But five episodes in and we're enjoying it, so thanks!
yeah, it should say dark comedy at least.

I finally wrapped up Mr Inbetween over the weekend. :(

flat out loved the break the 4th wall moment at the very end.

didn't love the multi-episode road trip. I get why it was included, but felt a little long and impactless, past being the ultimate catalyst for his moving on.

I finally wrapped up Mr Inbetween over the weekend. :(

flat out loved the break the 4th wall moment at the very end.

didn't love the multi-episode road trip. I get why it was included, but felt a little long and impactless, past being the ultimate catalyst for his moving on.
yes, that look synced up to the music was amazing. the way the tension ramped up in that whole scene was great.

It just got to a point for me that I just wanted it over. Liked it overall, but sort of dragged at end. 

Maybe I've just seen too many of these limited series lately - Nicole Kidman apparently does all of them.
it definitely peaked somewhere in the middle. the first half was much better.

BeTheMatch said:
Weird tangent: You ever notice Kidman's ear lobes? Seriously. Check it out sometime. They try to hide them most of the time, but there was an episode later in the season where they were on full display. Never seen anything like it
It's like an ear growing another ear.

shuke said:
BeTheMatch said:
Weird tangent: You ever notice Kidman's ear lobes? Seriously. Check it out sometime. They try to hide them most of the time, but there was an episode later in the season where they were on full display. Never seen anything like it.

Holy ####.  I'll never not be able to not see that now.

Oh cmon.  It's not like they are Jennifer Anniston's nipples on Friends.  

Just finished the 3rd and final season of Lost in Space. Not an unexpected ending, but they tied it up nicely. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Anybody watching Swagger on Apple?

Fiction about 14yo basketball players/teams (and a couple stars) in the DMV area...maybe around Baltimore. It's up and down, and maybe heavy-handed, but not bad if you like sports and coming of age stuff.
finished this one up.

it's decent. for fans of Friday Night Lights (I think- I never really watched).

I know racial awareness is a trigger for some of you, so be aware it deals with some of those issues (kneeling, police harassment, BLM, etc), and is a little pat with some of the answers and interactions... but overall handled fairly well, IMO.

Really like the first Episode of Station Eleven.  Read the book, have a feeling of really liking it, but remember very little about it.  

Witcher season 2 is out on Netlix. Kinda sorta enjoying it, can't remember the plot and some of the characters from season 1 very well though, so 24% confused so far.

And Mr. In-Between is one of my all time faves. Trying to convince the wife to watch it with me. She doesn't really like violence but I told her it's an inspiring story about a divorced man struggling to support his disabled brother, spend quality time with his pre-teen daughter while staying at the top of his profession. Think I can sell that for an episode or two.

Witcher season 2 is out on Netlix. Kinda sorta enjoying it, can't remember the plot and some of the characters from season 1 very well though, so 24% confused so far.

And Mr. In-Between is one of my all time faves. Trying to convince the wife to watch it with me. She doesn't really like violence but I told her it's an inspiring story about a divorced man struggling to support his disabled brother, spend quality time with his pre-teen daughter while staying at the top of his profession. Think I can sell that for an episode or two.
Just finished it. More linear then season one so you should be able to keep up. Great show. The 3 protagonist are great characters. 

YouTube tv and Disney fail to reach agreement

I currently have YouTube tv has my main streaming service but I'm finding myself not really upset that it's gone. ESPN was a wasteland other than MNF. The kids channels most of my kids don't really care that much day to day. My wife is annoyed about ABC being gone but only for local channels. 

In the meantime they dropped the monthly price $15. So I got that going for me. Which is nice. 

foxco said:

I watched the first ep of Witcher S2 and really dug it. Watched a little more of the 2nd ep before going to sleep. Still a little cheesey, but feel like it's a better version of Wheel of Time.

For some reason, I always thought MR In-between was a guy "between" earth and heaven/hell avenging stuff : 🤣 not sure where I got that impression

Started The Lost Symbol on Paramount, very nicely done similar to the movies. Good recast of Langdon IMO. Also, 1 episode into Witcher S2, great start to the season.

Insein said:
YouTube tv and Disney fail to reach agreement

I currently have YouTube tv has my main streaming service but I'm finding myself not really upset that it's gone. ESPN was a wasteland other than MNF. The kids channels most of my kids don't really care that much day to day. My wife is annoyed about ABC being gone but only for local channels. 

In the meantime they dropped the monthly price $15. So I got that going for me. Which is nice. 
Usually it wouldn't affect me and I'd be fine with the $15 off but I hope they resolve it before the Bowl games.

Users who are viewing this thread