What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread) (7 Viewers)

yep. wide range of the spectrum from fully functioning to barely. Netflix and it's amazing... the people, young and old, on the show are pretty incredible and inspiring as humans- so honest, genuine, earnest and heartfelt. I want my kids to watch because the lessons they're learning are lessons people not on the spectrum should be learning too (but haven't or don't).

There's a few shows on the spectrum out there by Netflix 

Now that I'm done with Severance, trying to pick my next series to binge. Nothing's really jumping out at me. (My first choice would be Stranger Things 4, but I promised my son I'd wait until he got back from camp and watch it with him)

My options:

• WeCrash (Hulu)
  • Winning Time (HBO)
  • Mr. Inbetween (Hulu)
  • Upload (Amazon)
  • The Old Man (Hulu)
  • Schitt's Creek (Netflix)
  • Mr Robot (Amazon)
Anyone want to weigh in? If you can make a strong case in favor of any of these, or another series not on this list, that would probably be enough to sway me
Winning Time, then The Old Man

Thank you!  Will look at this one.

Loved the first season!  Just loved it.  But I'm a huge Steve Martin fan, and Martin Short was absolutely brilliant.  Not watching the new season yet since, other than Better Call Saul, I won't watch a show until it's over.
Selena is way underrated, IMO. She was perfect for the role and showed some chops. I'd argue she made me laugh more than the others at times.

Now that I'm done with Severance, trying to pick my next series to binge. Nothing's really jumping out at me. (My first choice would be Stranger Things 4, but I promised my son I'd wait until he got back from camp and watch it with him)

My options:

• WeCrash (Hulu)
  • Winning Time (HBO)
  • Mr. Inbetween (Hulu)
  • Upload (Amazon)
  • The Old Man (Hulu)
  • Mr Robot (Amazon)
Anyone want to weigh in? If you can make a strong case in favor of any of these, or another series not on this list, that would probably be enough to sway me
Bojack Horseman 

My options:

• WeCrash (Hulu)
  • Winning Time (HBO)
  • Mr. Inbetween (Hulu)
  • Upload (Amazon)
  • The Old Man (Hulu)
  • Mr Robot (Amazon)
Mr Robot

a li'l wikkidpimpin™ - my cousin Kathleen is an award-winning choreographer/director of musicals, specializing in revivals. when London's West End was looking to reopen after the pandemic, they engaged her to restage her 2011 Broadway revival of Cole Porter's Anything Goes. its oldfashioned tapdanciness made it the feelgood hit of the season over there, so much so that they filmed it, a la Hamilton, to show in movie theaters. it was the 3rd highest UK grosser its opening wk and has spawned national & international touring companies of the ol' chestnut. the producers could not find a distributor on this side of the pond. so sold the film to PBS. it will be shown as part of their Great Performances series tonite (check local listings). wikkid say it might just put a smile on yo face and add some bounce to yo step.
I posted in the Irish wake thread, but I watched this one last night. Wikkid, as always, right on about the “smile on yo face” and “bounce to yo step”.

Family and I watched Leave No Trace last night. Based on a true story about a father who is a veteran with PTSD and his daughter who live in the woods and have different ideas about integrating with society. Bit of a tear jerker and probably the best PG film I've seen in a long time.

Family and I watched Leave No Trace last night. Based on a true story about a father who is a veteran with PTSD and his daughter who live in the woods and have different ideas about integrating with society. Bit of a tear jerker and probably the best PG film I've seen in a long time.
It was FBG Movie Club movie a while back. Great film imo.

The terminal list is not what i expected it to be and is very good. i have 2 episodes to go and hope i’m not let down in the end but this show is awesome. amazon prime

This is next on my list after I burn through The Boys.  I have 4-5 more of the current season to go and then I'll move on to this.

I noticed a terrible "industry" score for it (on Rotten Tomatoes) but a very high "public" score.  Will be interesting to see how it is.

Last edited by a moderator:
CGRdrJoe said:
The terminal list is not what i expected it to be and is very good. i have 2 episodes to go and hope i’m not let down in the end but this show is awesome. amazon prime
I’m done with 3 episodes and really like it as well. Interested on where it goes.

El Floppo said:
oh- you should absolutely see this. I think everybody should see it, as the lessons are relatable and the characters are remarkable. but as a parent of kids in there- definitely. 
Wife vetoed watching Love on the Spectrum. She's really big into TV as escapism, and the idea of a show built around one of her biggest anxieties holds no appeal. I'll probably watch it when she goes on vacation next week

Wife vetoed watching Love on the Spectrum. She's really big into TV as escapism, and the idea of a show built around one of her biggest anxieties holds no appeal. I'll probably watch it when she goes on vacation next week
I can understand that. When a show or movie feels too real or relatable in a bad way, I'm not enjoying myself.

run, don't walk, to watch this.
Just finished the first season of Mr. Inbetween. I liked it -- the main guy is a really interesting character, and the daughter is great, too -- although not much actually happens. Does that change in subsequent seasons or is it just kind of a vibe show?

BTW, at various points I had to turn on subtitles because I couldn't understand the accents. 

Started For All Mankind and am absolutely loving it.  Through Season 1. One of the best shows I've watched recently.  And that's only after the first season which wasn't even rated very highly.  Seasons 2 and 3 seem to be even better.  

Started For All Mankind and am absolutely loving it.  Through Season 1. One of the best shows I've watched recently.  And that's only after the first season which wasn't even rated very highly.  Seasons 2 and 3 seem to be even better.  
Different strokes for different folks. :shrug:

I liked 1, but didn’t really like 2

Dave Made a Maze -

low budget art flick with many lol moments and was quite pleasantly surprised at how good and funny this is.

Available to prime members.

I've had this on my mental list.  Need something "easy" to distract and deafen my sorrow over wikkid's passing.  Would this one qualify?
The center of gravity in the story is about a beloved person’s passing so probably not actually. 

Started watching The Bear tonight based on your love for it, despite this.  Actually the hardest part is that wikkid would have LOVED this show.  And also it's about Chicago Italian beef, with which we have such a deep connection given I sent him the Italian beef/sausage combo a couple of months before his passing, and he's declared it his favorite sandwich ever (see sandwich thread).

Setting aside all that, we're two episodes in and Mr. krista is loving it, as a chef.  When someone said, "heard!" in the first episode, he claimed there was no show in history that had had that.  Then he said, "I feel so validated and seen!  But this is also super-####### stressful.  That cockersucker left his ####### cigarettes on there and that killed me because it happens.  And then a 'C"?  A 'C"???  I got an A- once at the [restaurant deleted] and I was crushed.  A "C"??  Did that mother####er make a salad with his hands or something?"

”Yeah, the walk-in is 50% for keepin stuff cold and 50% for crying when no one can see you.”

The Old Man continues to impress.  No "action" to speak of in last week's episode, but we finally get to see the Angela-Emily "reveal" and we've moved to Morocco.  Two more episodes left in the season.

The Old Man continues to impress.  No "action" to speak of in last week's episode, but we finally get to see the Angela-Emily "reveal" and we've moved to Morocco.  Two more episodes left in the season.
Such a great episode, and feels like a ton to wrap up in 2 episodes.

under the banner of heaven on Hulu, 3 episodes in and so far it’s been a good drama based on real events. Andrew Garfield is the lead actor and it also has Sam Worthington, Gil Birmingham and one of the Culkins. 

A devout detective's faith is tested as he investigates a brutal murder seemingly connected to an esteemed Utah family's spiral into LDS fundamentalism and their distrust in the government.

Saw it in this thread pages ago and haven't been able to find it yet - who in here uses JustWatch or TV Time apps to keep track of their shows?  Trying to figure out how to best use them and need a little guidance.  So far all they seem to do is let you mark everything as seen/unseen and like/dislike...and that's about as far as the Youtube walkthroughs take you also.  When does it start actually helping me?  I'm 99% sure I'm just using it wrong

under the banner of heaven on Hulu, 3 episodes in and so far it’s been a good drama based on real events. Andrew Garfield is the lead actor and it also has Sam Worthington, Gil Birmingham and one of the Culkins. 

A devout detective's faith is tested as he investigates a brutal murder seemingly connected to an esteemed Utah family's spiral into LDS fundamentalism and their distrust in the government.

Andrew Garfield got a much-deserved Emmy nomination for this today. It was excellent. I appreciate that they strayed from the nonh-fiction format of the book to create an interesting character and dynamic, made it a more enjoyable watch IMO.

I am genuinely excited for HBO’s the last of us because the director involved did the mini series Chernobyl and it’s been so long since we’ve had a good post apocalyptic type show. I know video games haven’t translated well to movies but I feel like this one could be different. (Even if you haven’t played the video game)

The Serpent - Netflix

Burned through this over the last few nights. It's good. I recommend if you like crime dramas based on true events.

Couple of very minor negatives.  Probably could have been told in 6 episodes instead of 8. A little too much of the flash back and flash forward sequences. A portion of the time I wasn't sure if was watching a past or present.

Loved the underdog story line of the low level Dutch Diplomat that kept the case alive over the course of a few years. Pretty good production.  I didn't think there was anything cheesy about it. 

Saw it in this thread pages ago and haven't been able to find it yet - who in here uses JustWatch or TV Time apps to keep track of their shows?  Trying to figure out how to best use them and need a little guidance.  So far all they seem to do is let you mark everything as seen/unseen and like/dislike...and that's about as far as the Youtube walkthroughs take you also.  When does it start actually helping me?  I'm 99% sure I'm just using it wrong
I don't have an answer to your question, just want to comment that it's a good one.  I'm in the same boat.  For the most part, I only use JustWatch to search for shows/movies to see what platform they're available on and then I did click the button on a few movies and documentaries to notify me if/when they become available on any of my streaming services, but I haven't received any alerts to date.

So I'm also interested in what more I could/should be doing with it.

Infección - Peacock (free). Venezuelan zombie movie! Nothing to see here - just typical zombie stuff, nothing new. They made the strange choice to solve the whole movie while the main character was unconscious 2 minutes before the end of the movie… maybe they ran out of budget. The only thing that really worked here was a good sense of movement and mayhem - just everything breaking down everywhere they turned.  Not worth watching, though.

The End? - Tubi. Italian zombie movie! Businessman stuck in an elevator with a partially open door during the breakout. Interesting setup - awful place to be for long, but safe from zombies. I squawked a but when he used his water bottle to clean some blood off of his hands - dude, you might wish you had some water to drink soon.

The setting was pretty dismal - he kept watching his coworkers get attacked while unable to help. All phone calls ended the same way.

Low budget, poor zombie makeup, but cool camera angles/lighting and decent use of shaky cam to hide it, something that is usually irritating but was good here.  Zombies were hard to kill, no paper skulls. Weird drawn out final sequence, very Italian - they didn’t know how to end it.

I did like them acknowledging  that shotguns kick and are deafening in an enclosed space.

Always cracks me up that every language uses OK - always sounds funny.

Worth watching.

Juxtatarot said:
Anyone watch the new Bill Burr special on Netflix yet?
I haven't yet but almost got tickets to it.  Fell through.

Not a streaming thing but if you have an opportunity to see anything you enjoy at Red Rocks or The Gorge, just do it.  I've been to both and can't think of a negative to say about either.

I haven't yet but almost got tickets to it.  Fell through.

Not a streaming thing but if you have an opportunity to see anything you enjoy at Red Rocks or The Gorge, just do it.  I've been to both and can't think of a negative to say about either.
I watched it last night. Very funny.

Terminal List - Its gotten terrible reviews, but I've enjoyed it. You obviously have to put aside your critical thinking hat a bit. But watching Chris Pratt and Riggins do badass things in and around Northern California and Mexico is pretty fun. It could use a little humor once in a while. But otherwise, so far (I'm 6 episodes in), its been good.

Terminal List - Its gotten terrible reviews, but I've enjoyed it. You obviously have to put aside your critical thinking hat a bit. But watching Chris Pratt and Riggins do badass things in and around Northern California and Mexico is pretty fun. It could use a little humor once in a while. But otherwise, so far (I'm 6 episodes in), its been good.
5 episodes in myself and I also like it.

Users who are viewing this thread