Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread)

KCC

Meh. Someone was trying to give the impression that they're "sophisticated" when coming up with that list.
That's a pretty fantastic list :shrug:
Looks pretty good. I actually havent seen 30 of them, although at least 1/3 look like something I wont have interest in seeing. Definitely going to try to pick a few Ive never heard of to stream though.

You see this in the Drive summary JDD? ;)

Bryan Cranston (Shannon), who never ceases to impress, took his less than supporting role and molded it into something notable

Meh. Someone was trying to give the impression that they're "sophisticated" when coming up with that list.
That's a pretty fantastic list :shrug:
Looks pretty good. I actually havent seen 30 of them, although at least 1/3 look like something I wont have interest in seeing. Definitely going to try to pick a few Ive never heard of to stream though.

You see this in the Drive summary JDD? ;)

Bryan Cranston (Shannon), who never ceases to impress, took his less than supporting role and molded it into something notable

:thumbup:

If you like "R" rated comedies and haven't seen the criminally underrated Outside Providence...it just got added to streaming today.

:goodposting:

/me StinkFingers Bunny Cote.

Good flick

I went to watch this last night and didn't see it on there. Did it really only stay on there for 4 days ?

First time I've logged on in a while, disappointed in the lack of new stuff other than some added seasons of some of my favorite tv shows (Futurama, South Park, Dr. Who to name some.) Recently got my girlfriend into the newest season of Mad Men, so probably go back and watch those again with her at some point.

Also the first season of "The Killing" is on there now. Looking forward to trying that out.

So, Ive never had Netflix but have been thinking about it. Seems here everyone is saying it sucks. Should I even bother? How long before DVD-released movies are available on it?

If you've never had it you will probably love it at first. It basically goes for most people: overwhelmed with tons of content at the beginning, blow thru said content in a few months to a year or more, then get dissatisfied as you run out of the stuff you really like and realize the new content only trickles in at a slow pace. Still well worth it for $8 a month though IMO.One thing I will give them is that they have gotten tons better at making sure they have more recent tv show seasons. Movies is a whole 'nother ball of wax though...

So, Ive never had Netflix but have been thinking about it. Seems here everyone is saying it sucks. Should I even bother? How long before DVD-released movies are available on it?

If you've never had it you will probably love it at first. It basically goes for most people: overwhelmed with tons of content at the beginning, blow thru said content in a few months to a year or more, then get dissatisfied as you run out of the stuff you really like and realize the new content only trickles in at a slow pace. Still well worth it for $8 a month though IMO.One thing I will give them is that they have gotten tons better at making sure they have more recent tv show seasons. Movies is a whole 'nother ball of wax though...
Perfect. This is what I wanted to know. Im gonna give it a shot. I can always cancel if Im not getting my moneys worth, and Im pretty sure Ill use it a ton for at least 6 months. :thumbup:

If you like "R" rated comedies and haven't seen the criminally underrated Outside Providence...it just got added to streaming today.

Good flick

I went to watch this last night and didn't see it on there. Did it really only stay on there for 4 days ?
Instant Watcher lied to me. It was listed with a 6/1 date on the upcoming list. Sorry. From my experience its almost impossible to find as a rental.

Good flick

Instant Watcher lied to me. It was listed with a 6/1 date on the upcoming list. Sorry. From my experience its almost impossible to find as a rental.
Looks pretty good...Hope it shows up eventually. I think I saw where the movie Brick was streaming. Anyone seen this? I was trying to find something decent that I haven't seen and am interested in Brick and The Killer Inside Me. Anyone recommend either of these ?

Watched all 5 seasons of Friday Night Lights

All 8 seasons of 24

All 6 seasons of Lost

First 3 seasons of Breaking Bad

First 3 seasons of Mad Men

Now watching all seasons of Battlestar Galactica.

Not sure what I will do when this is over. But I really love having this. I watch while I'm on the treadmill, at least twice a day. It's great.

Watched all 5 seasons of Friday Night LightsAll 8 seasons of 24All 6 seasons of LostFirst 3 seasons of Breaking BadFirst 3 seasons of Mad MenNow watching all seasons of Battlestar Galactica.Not sure what I will do when this is over. But I really love having this. I watch while I'm on the treadmill, at least twice a day. It's great.

If you liked 24 and Lost then Prison Break will be right up your alley. I'm the same as you, watch while on the treadmill, and the miles just flew by while I was watching that show.There are also some movies that are good to run to. With Ip Man and The Man From Nowhere you'll look down and all the sudden you've run a half marathon.What do you use for sound while you're on the treadmill? I haven't been able to find anything good that's reliable and cheap and can be heard over the treadmill without blowing itself out, so I'm stuck with stuff that has subtitles and for some reason 24's subtitles won't show up on the WDTV Live streamer.ETA: Legend of the Seeker, Heroes, Jericho, and SGU would all probably be good fits for you as well. Daybreak is super underrated and really fun to run to. And I'm just going to assume you've seen Firefly/Serenity. Edited by FreeBaGeL

Watched all 5 seasons of Friday Night LightsAll 8 seasons of 24All 6 seasons of LostFirst 3 seasons of Breaking BadFirst 3 seasons of Mad MenNow watching all seasons of Battlestar Galactica.Not sure what I will do when this is over. But I really love having this. I watch while I'm on the treadmill, at least twice a day. It's great.

If you liked 24 and Lost then Prison Break will be right up your alley. I'm the same as you, watch while on the treadmill, and the miles just flew by while I was watching that show.There are also some movies that are good to run to. With Ip Man and The Man From Nowhere you'll look down and all the sudden you've run a half marathon.What do you use for sound while you're on the treadmill? I haven't been able to find anything good that's reliable and cheap and can be heard over the treadmill without blowing itself out, so I'm stuck with stuff that has subtitles and for some reason 24's subtitles won't show up on the WDTV Live streamer.ETA: Legend of the Seeker, Heroes, Jericho, and SGU would all probably be good fits for you as well. Daybreak is super underrated and really fun to run to. And I'm just going to assume you've seen Firefly/Serenity.
I use subtitles and have the sound up loud, but if that doesn't work, then I watch it on my iphone with earplugs. I haven't seen any of the shows you mentioned except Heroes- I tried that. I figured it would be up my alley, but I couldn't get into it. Thanks for the recommendations.

Thor will start streaming on June 9th!

Once again Netflix cannot get Thor up and streaming the week the Avengers was released...oh no they wait until 5 weeks go by and thn start streaming one of the movies you might want to see before watching the Avengers.

Edited by Ministry of Pain

Once again Netflix cannot get Thor up and streaming the week the Avengers was released...oh no they wait until 5 weeks go by and thn start streaming one of the movies you might want to see before watching the Avengers.

It's almost like someone wanted to prevent them from streaming during the initial weeks of The Avengers release so that they could sell PPV buys to people wanting to see the other superhero movies before going to the Avengers. But to believe that, you'd have to think Hollywood studio executives are in it for the money. Which is crazy, right?

Good flick

Looks pretty good...Hope it shows up eventually. I think I saw where the movie Brick was streaming. Anyone seen this? I was trying to find something decent that I haven't seen and am interested in Brick and The Killer Inside Me. Anyone recommend either of these ?
Brick is good. Love the old school dialogue. It is about 100x better than Killer Inside Me which I thought was dreadful despite being a huge Casey Affleck fan.

:lmao:

Good flick

Brick is good. Love the old school dialogue. It is about 100x better than Killer Inside Me which I thought was dreadful despite being a huge Casey Affleck fan.

Good flick

I thought Brick was great as well and a movie you have to be really critical about to not think is very good, but I also think Killer Inside Me is worth the watch. Its sort of a slow burn western neo-noir with Affleck as a psychopath. If Netflix rates it really low for you maybe you wouldnt like it (for me, they give it a 3.9 but its at 3.0 overall). Now that I think about it, in regards to minimalist dialogue and sporadic yet gory violence, its similar to Drive - which is also streaming. Edited by Kenny Powers

I thought Brick was great as well and a movie you have to be really critical about to not think is very good, but I also think Killer Inside Me is worth the watch. Its sort of a slow burn western neo-noir with Affleck as a psychopath. If Netflix rates it really low for you maybe you wouldnt like it (for me, they give it a 3.9 but its at 3.0 overall). Now that I think about it, in regards to minimalist dialogue and sporadic yet gory violence, its similar to Drive - which is also streaming.
Forgot Drive was on streaming. Watch that one first. Seems to be a bit polarizing around here but count me as one of the guys that really enjoyed it.

Good flick

I thought Brick was great as well and a movie you have to be really critical about to not think is very good, but I also think Killer Inside Me is worth the watch. Its sort of a slow burn western neo-noir with Affleck as a psychopath. If Netflix rates it really low for you maybe you wouldnt like it (for me, they give it a 3.9 but its at 3.0 overall). Now that I think about it, in regards to minimalist dialogue and sporadic yet gory violence, its similar to Drive - which is also streaming.
I enjoyed TKIM for the most part but it kind of fell apart towards the end. It kind of went American Psycho where they were trying to make some kind of grander statement but that statement mostly missed for me. Still it was pretty good overall.

Haven't seen Brick but am going to queue it up.

Forgot Drive was on streaming. Watch that one first. Seems to be a bit polarizing around here but count me as one of the guys that really enjoyed it.
Thanks again for those recommending Brick. I'll be watching it tomorrow. I have seen Drive twice and definitely am one who enjoyed it as a fan of Gosling and the style and approach in which the movie was made. If I have time I will also check out Killer Inside Me. It seems like something I could dig if I don't go into it with too high of expectations. AS a Netflix subscriber, I am happy that this thread is continuing to get replies. It has been a great resource for finding recommendations, despite a few misses here and there. :thumbup:

Sons of Anarchy Weeds

The Rum Diary popped up in my que. Didn't get to see this at the theaters, usually enjoy Depp.

The 1st half to 2/3 of the movie were solid. The last 1/3 of the movie kind of fell apart for me but the scenery and photography of Puerto Rico was beautiful and there is a little skin in the film too. Overall 3/5 stars.

Anybody use/familiar with Crackle(.com)? Someone told me about it yesterday and just checked it out. While their quantity of content (especially TV shows) is not near as vast as Netflix, I think their movie quality is actually better than Netflix at first glance - and its free. Im not sure how long movies stay up there, but it looks like they add 20-30 per month and have about 250 up there now. So movies up there now include:

The 6th Day

Adaptation.

Basic Instinct 2

Big Daddy

The Big Hit

The Cable Guy

Candy Man

Defendor

Deuce Bigelow: European Gigolo

The Devil's Backbone

Easy Rider

Elegy

Flatliners

Fright Night

Ghostbusters

Ghostbusters 2

The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus

It Might Get Loud

Kung Fu Hustle

Layer Cake

The Messengers

Moon

Panic Room

REC

Red Hill

Reign Over Me

Resident Evil

Revolver

SWAT

Seraphim Falls

Slacker

Snatch

Spun

The Square

Starship Troopers

Stranger than Fiction

Talladega Nights

Various music documentaries and concerts (Pearl Jam, The Who, Queen, U2, Beastie Boys, Van Morrison, and others)

Not a great list by any means, but enough decent stuff to keep me occupied if I want to watch a movie, and enough movies to make me consider getting rid of Netflix IW.

Just finishing up mad men. Not sure if there is enough to make me hang on to the streaming service anymore. 24 and Lost are two of my top 5 shows of all time, but I don't think I can make that investment in time again.

I feel like I'll watch lost again one day, but maybe another 5 to 10 years.

:lmao:
Shut it off after about 20-30 minutes...Natalie Portman showed up and ligthsabers were sprung out by everyone...I don't know what the hell was going on in that movie. I might try again.

Anybody use/familiar with Crackle(.com)? Someone told me about it yesterday and just checked it out. While their quantity of content (especially TV shows) is not near as vast as Netflix, I think their movie quality is actually better than Netflix at first glance - and its free. Im not sure how long movies stay up there, but it looks like they add 20-30 per month and have about 250 up there now. So movies up there now include:The 6th DayAdaptation.Basic Instinct 2Big DaddyThe Big HitThe Cable GuyCandy ManDefendorDeuce Bigelow: European GigoloThe Devil's BackboneEasy RiderElegyFlatlinersFright NightGhostbustersGhostbusters 2The Imaginarium of Dr. ParnassusIt Might Get LoudKung Fu HustleLayer CakeThe MessengersMoonPanic RoomRECRed HillReign Over MeResident EvilRevolverSWATSeraphim FallsSlackerSnatchSpunThe SquareStarship TroopersStranger than FictionTalladega NightsVarious music documentaries and concerts (Pearl Jam, The Who, Queen, U2, Beastie Boys, Van Morrison, and others)Not a great list by any means, but enough decent stuff to keep me occupied if I want to watch a movie, and enough movies to make me consider getting rid of Netflix IW.

Talladega Nights? Ummm no.