What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread) (8 Viewers)

'Leeroy Jenkins said:
I only have 3 episodes of Sherlock in my queue. :confused:
Each season is three episodes (each episode is 90min) and there are two seasons.
Only season 1 is in my queue. I thought season 2 was up.
I don't think the DVD has been released states side yet, not sure how Netflix handles it.
Oh my bad. I must have misinterpretted what somebody else wrote. Carry on.

'Leeroy Jenkins said:
I only have 3 episodes of Sherlock in my queue. :confused:
Each season is three episodes (each episode is 90min) and there are two seasons.
Only season 1 is in my queue. I thought season 2 was up.
I don't think the DVD has been released states side yet, not sure how Netflix handles it.
Oh my bad. I must have misinterpretted what somebody else wrote. Carry on.
It's available...ahem...by other means, as well.

Over the last month or so we watched:

WWII in HD- 5 stars. Only cutaways from the WWII footage is to show locations on a map and talking with vets.

Better this World- 5 stars. Documentary on a group of young adults planning to protest at the 2008 republican national convention, after being enticed by an undercover agent they make some real bad calls and end up charged as terrorist.

An Inconvenient Tax- 4 stars. Documentary on our tax code, why it is what it is, and (IMO) mediocre solutions on how to fix it.

Aftershock: Beyond the Civil War- 4 stars. Encompasses the struggles immediately following the abolishing of slavery.

Bill Moyers: In Search of the Constitution- 4 stars. We only watched the episodes that sounded more interesting to us, they range from the creation of the Constitution to Constitutional issues we face today. They bring in different historians/justices/philosophers/religious experts so it provides a wide view of people's opinions.

The Flaw- 4 stars. Similar to Inside Job, but focuses more on income disparity as a possible cause of the housing bubble/financial crisis. Lacking in some facts or explanations, i.e. they show charts of exploding income disparity but don't nail down what caused it.

Is The Killing worth starting? I pretty much know how season 1 ends (heard a lot about it in media last year) but does Season 2 make Season 1 worthwhile?
eh not really. I watched the first season and didn't bother with the second until the last episode. It's a very frustrating show as it feels like there is a lot of potential but the execution is just terrible. I would not bother.

SEASON 4 BREAKING BAD NOW STREAMING!!!

If you have not seen this yet you should start watching form the beginning. AMC will only be airing 1 episode per week, likely will start a 3 episode rerun after the 1st 2- weeks so now is a great time to start watching this if you have avoided it for any reason to this point. Season 5 will be split into 2 seasons with 8 episodes now, another 8 episodes next year Spring/Summer, great time to jump on board.

If you have not seen this yet you should start watching form the beginning. AMC will only be airing 1 episode per week, likely will start a 3 episode rerun after the 1st 2- weeks so now is a great time to start watching this if you have avoided it for any reason to this point. Season 5 will be split into 2 seasons with 8 episodes now, another 8 episodes next year Spring/Summer, great time to jump on board.
Huh?

6 Days To Air the making of South Park.

I always love behind-the-scenes docos and a look at the creative process. Could have covered a lot more history of South Park (pretty much focuses on the episode after their return from Book of Mormon on Broadway). But still worth a watch even if you're not a fan of SP.

I always love behind-the-scenes docos and a look at the creative process. Could have covered a lot more history of South Park (pretty much focuses on the episode after their return from Book of Mormon on Broadway). But still worth a watch even if you're not a fan of SP.
The consistent quality of content this incredibly small group of people develop in an incredibly short amount of time is simply astounding.

Huh?
Season 5 starts tonight but for those that ave been watching a season at a clip like some of us who played catch up...gonna be wild to only watch 1 episode and then what a week...that has not been the case to tho point.

The consistent quality of content this incredibly small group of people develop in an incredibly short amount of time is simply astounding.
LOFL at them showing up to the Oscars in drag dosed. That's freaking nuts. And I was in tears watching Trey's delivery of "cuddle fish and asparagus."The Glenn Gould doc is awesome for any fans of his or just fans of classical music. The Beethoven doc is okay, but it does have Helene Grimaud, who is pretty much my biggest crush on the planet right now.

I still don't know what you're saying MoP, but it doesn't really matter.

IFC's Greg the Bunny Season 1.

If you don't like the "Dead Puppet Storage" episode please post here so I can put you on ignore. Several other very awesome ones on here.

Under The Boardwalk: The Monopoly Story

If you play(ed) the game or like Word Wars, I think you will like this. Pretty much like every doc that tackles something nerdy and tries to make it serious.

Last edited by a moderator:
The original Death at a Funeral, not the crappy American remake, is on there. Made me cry laughing again, years after watching it the first time.

Holy Rollers

documentary about the largest organized blackjack team in the US at one time, made up entirely of Christians, called the Church team

Captain America and Thor were both awesome. The Punisher was good too but a little more dark and gruesome than I care for. Really all the Marvel movies have been great.

Punching the Clown - very witty situational comedy about a singer-songwriter who moves to L.A.

The Graduate - classic comedy.

Holy Rollers - hasidic jews smuggling ecstasy, good portrayal.

Factotum - gritty, dry loser comedy with matt dillon playing bukowski.

Midnight Cowboy - another good one from dustin hoffman's heyday.

Other well known titles: The Cable Guy, Rounders, Swingers, A Clockwork Orange, Fight Club, The Big Lebowski

Well, not a fun one to watch, but interesting is "Children Underground". It's a documentary about Romania where they wanted to increase the workforce so they outlawed abortions and contraception. I hate going political, but it's a pretty good demonstration of why the idea of outlawing abortions and cutting money to social service programs is not a good idea for a country to try.

It's a not-real-complicated caper shoot em up move. But the acting is good, there are a few deep layers that don't rely on "twists" and cliches, and there are some fantasist scenes.*.

*opening scene, interview at the donor clinic, bagman talk at the cantina, ransom call, doctor in the bathroom...

Users who are viewing this thread