Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread)

KCC

First time I saw Rango was in the theater with my son. He fell asleep. I wanted to fall asleep. I found it to be incredibly boring. Much to my surprise, though, my son saw it was on Netflix and wanted to watch it. I asked why he wanted to watch it because I assumed he didn't like it, but he claimed he did like it. So, we've watched it a couple times on Netflix and I like it more each time I watch it.

Netflix desperately needs to upgrade their streaming UI.

I can't search by director, it doesn't list recent additions, expiration dates for existing titles aren't readily available, heck my new releases list don't even get updated! The categorization is absurd and often incorrect, there's no way to sort by year or rating or user score or anything. Crap B-movies (and worse) are listed right alongside studio-funded releases, often in a seemingly disingenuous attempt to make it seem like their selection is better than it is (i.e., rip-offs that look like the real deal, but are complete trash).

It would cost maybe a couple hundred grand to get this done with a few programmers in a few months, yet for a multimillion dollar enterprise they couldn't be bothered.

Edited by Anonymous Internet User

I can't search by director, it doesn't list recent additions, expiration dates for existing titles aren't readily available, heck my new releases list don't even get updated! The categorization is absurd and often incorrect, there's no way to sort by year or rating or user score or anything. Crap B-movies (and worse) are listed right alongside studio-funded releases, often in a seemingly disingenuous attempt to make it seem like their selection is better than it is (i.e., rip-offs that look like the real deal, but are complete trash).

It would cost maybe a couple hundred grand to get this done with a few programmers in a few months, yet for a multimillion dollar enterprise they couldn't be bothered.

I don't even screw with it. I find everything on computer and put it in the queue.

:goodposting:

Not sure what you're talking about with some of these as:

1) You can search by director

2) You can sort by year, rating, your suggestions

3) You can search for new releases

Now, if you're talking about on a specific device, then that probably has to do with your device and the Netflix software on it. But the actual site has most of those things you talked about.

Instant Watcher is your friend

• Like 1

updated Paste list of 100 best movies on Netflix Instant

So many movies on there I've been meaning to see...

Its not on instant watch anymore, but after I saw this I checked my queue for what was leaving soon, and Rumble Fish expired a couple days later so I watched it. Never saw it, good film. Definitely should have made this list.

Good link...thanks. It only lists the Apple app store on the site, but it is available on Android's Google Play as well...

Notable titles expiring soon...

"The Next Three Days" (4/15) - has Crowe and Neeson... any good?

"Donnie Darko" (4/15) - still haven't seen this :bag:

"The Man Who Wasn't There" (4/16) - Coen Brothers beautiful noir tribute. :thumbup:

Edit to add "Before the Devil Knows You're Dead" (4/16) - this one is good too

Edited by Disco Stu

"The Man Who Wasn't There" (4/16) - Coen Brothers beautiful noir tribute. :thumbup:

Don't let the hype ruin Darko. It's a weird little movie that's definitely worth seeing, though.

updated Paste list of 100 best movies on Netflix Instant

So many movies on there I've been meaning to see...

Its not on instant watch anymore, but after I saw this I checked my queue for what was leaving soon, and Rumble Fish expired a couple days later so I watched it. Never saw it, good film. Definitely should have made this list.

I just noticed "The Lady Vanishes" is streaming (until May 1) and isn't on the list. Seems like an oversight.

Edit to add "Before the Devil Knows You're Dead" (4/16) - this one is good too

Before The Devil Knows Your Dead is one of my favorites of the last 5 or so year. Great all around, but especially the acting from PSHoffman, Ethan Hawke, Albert Finney, Marisa Tomei, and Michael Shannon.

That and Donnie Darko are must sees for anyone who hasnt seen them. Next Three Days was decent, youre not missing anything special though.

Before The Devil Knows Your Dead is one of my favorites of the last 5 or so year. Great all around, but especially the acting from PSHoffman, Ethan Hawke, Albert Finney, Marisa Tomei, and Michael Shannon.

And the opening scene... :o:wub:

And the opening scene... :o:wub:

Philip Seymour Hoffman fan, eh?

Is Fringe worth tackling? First two episodes are pretty solid. Surprised I'd never heard of Anna Torv before and that she hasn't really been in much. Kind of a mature Blake Lively.

Fringe is awesome. One of the more complex mythologies out there though, after the first half of the first season stuff really starts going. They'll call back to stuff from the first season in season 4. Definitely not a show you can reliably watch and absorb after 4 beers, but awesome.

Is Fringe worth tackling? First two episodes are pretty solid. Surprised I'd never heard of Anna Torv before and that she hasn't really been in much. Kind of a mature Blake Lively. Wi

Fringe is awesome. One of the more complex mythologies out there though, after the first half of the first season stuff really starts going. They'll call back to stuff from the first season in season 4. Definitely not a show you can reliably watch and absorb after 4 beers, but awesome.

Wife and I tried it because we loved Lost, and Abrams created both. We have really enjoyed it. :thumbup:

Is Fringe worth tackling?

First two episodes are pretty solid.

Surprised I'd never heard of Anna Torv before and that she hasn't really been in much. Kind of a mature Blake Lively.

I watched the first couple of episodes when the series was on, seemed too much like X-Files so I stopped. But now it is on netflix, I decided to give it a go again. I am hooked. 11 episodes into season 1, I love Walter Bishop. He is a crackup

Is Fringe worth tackling? First two episodes are pretty solid. Surprised I'd never heard of Anna Torv before and that she hasn't really been in much. Kind of a mature Blake Lively.

Fringe is terrific.

The cast is all great, the characters are fun, and Anna Torv...well...:wub:

Edited by Andy Dufresne

Look Both Ways

Excellent little Australian movie about loss and feelings of dread. Very entertaining and well-acted. Highly recommended.

From the IMDB description:

On a Friday after a horrific train crash, three newsmen in Adelaide must take stock: Nick, a photojournalist, learns he has cancer; Andy, a writer with two children who has a bad relationship with his ex, learns his girlfriend Anna is pregnant; Phil, an editor, realizes he's missing his children's growing up. That afternoon, Meryl, an artist who illustrates sympathy cards and constantly imagines disasters, witnesses a train accident kill a man. At the crash site, she meets Nick, and a relationship flowers over the next three days which makes them both question their lives, wants and needs.

Look Both Ways

Excellent little Australian movie about loss and feelings of dread. Very entertaining and well-acted. Highly recommended.

On a Friday after a horrific train crash, three newsmen in Adelaide must take stock: Nick, a photojournalist, learns he has cancer; Andy, a writer with two children who has a bad relationship with his ex, learns his girlfriend Anna is pregnant; Phil, an editor, realizes he's missing his children's growing up. That afternoon, Meryl, an artist who illustrates sympathy cards and constantly imagines disasters, witnesses a train accident kill a man. At the crash site, she meets Nick, and a relationship flowers over the next three days which makes them both question their lives, wants and needs.

Sounds like a bummer.

Look Both Ways

Sounds like a bummer.

I dig. Even given the subject, it's funny at times and definitely not a bummer.

Waiting for Superman.

Not as depressing as I thought it'd be. With all of the problems our schools have, the documentaryclaims that it's mostly beauraucrats that's stopping US education from being back on top. So at least it's not that our kids are dumb. It's also encouraging that we have visionaries that are changing the system from the top.

Netflix DVDs cancelled

Netflix streaming cancelled

:bye:

Be sure to keep us updated.

Sure. I cancelled because this site is absolutely :moneybag: Has seemingly everything, even new TV episodes that aired only a day or 2 prior, and its FREE. YWIA.

I will certainly still check out this thread for recommendations though.

• Like 1

Netflix DVDs cancelled

Sure. I cancelled because this site is absolutely :moneybag: Has seemingly everything, even new TV episodes that aired only a day or 2 prior, and its FREE. YWIA.

I love you.
  • Like 1

Netflix DVDs cancelled

I'll check this out at home tonight.

I'd be so awesome if my PS3 could run more forms of streaming video so I don't have to watch on my PC.

Netflix DVDs cancelled

I'll check this out at home tonight.

I'd be so awesome if my PS3 could run more forms of streaming video so I don't have to watch on my PC.

Vuze streams right to my PS3 for free.

Verdict on Hemlock Grove, anyone?

Got about 15 minutes into the 2nd episode and I bailed. Felt like I was watching Twilight/True Blood hybrid.

I watched the first episode and found it dreadful. Every character is truly ridiculous and not in a good way. It's marriage of plot and acting that only MTV and CW viewers could love.

Just watched "You've Been Trumped", about the construction of Trump's golf course in Scotland. I've never been a fan, but I had no idea just how much of a scumbag he really is. The way he treated some of the locals who live alongside the property is just astonishing.

Just watched "You've Been Trumped", about the construction of Trump's golf course in Scotland. I've never been a fan, but I had no idea just how much of a scumbag he really is. The way he treated some of the locals who live alongside the property is just astonishing.

I am no fan of The Donald but I am guessing that a "documentary" like this did not provide a complete perspective.

I am no fan of The Donald but I am guessing that a "documentary" like this did not provide a complete perspective.
I'm sure you're right. Donald only cares about profit though. All he talks about on twitter (other than politics) are ratings for tv shows/networks and his success. He lambasts msnbc and cnn not because of their content, but because they don't know how to get ratings. He sees no value other than dollar value in anything in life. He's a scum bag.

You should watch it and make up your own mind. Yeah it's biased, but listen to the words that come out of the man's mouth and watch what his organization does to these people. It's not like the events are made up.

Netflix DVDs cancelled

I looked around and this site looks like a streaming site and doesn't use torrents...? If so how do they get by doing this especially with the hbo, showtime, stars content? I guess I'm wondering if my cable company could come back and get me for using this site.

Netflix DVDs cancelled

I looked around and this site looks like a streaming site and doesn't use torrents...? If so how do they get by doing this especially with the hbo, showtime, stars content? I guess I'm wondering if my cable company could come back and get me for using this site.

f your cable company. tell 'em to bend over and take it