Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Passwords, PINs, Combos

Juxtatarot

How Many?  

32 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Don't write them down, for Pete's sake. That would be a security violation.

Case sensitive, of course. But not always.

Four characters rarely works. Maybe 6. Maybe 8.

Make sure to have at least one letter, one number, one special character. But not always.

This password may expire in 30 days, 90 days or never. But you won't know initially so good luck in picking which "system" you'll use.

Don't use the same character more than twice.

Don't ever, ever use the same password twice.

I have no idea how many I have but I am starting a list. I'm guessing about 70. 50 for work and maybe about 20 for personal use.

It's really unmanageable. I rely on e-mail reminders, security questions (first pet, high school mascot, etc.), and my friends in India for many "resets". My main "system" includes the month, year and my first ever ATM PIN when I was 17 years old. This seems to fit the requirements less and less these days, however.

Don't write them down, for Pete's sake. That would be a security violation.

Case sensitive, of course. But not always.

Four characters rarely works. Maybe 6. Maybe 8.

Make sure to have at least one letter, one number, one special character. But not always.

This password may expire in 30 days, 90 days or never. But you won't know initially so good luck in picking which "system" you'll use.

Don't use the same character more than twice.

Don't ever, ever use the same password twice.

I have no idea how many I have but I am starting a list. I'm guessing about 70. 50 for work and maybe about 20 for personal use.

It's really unmanageable. I rely on e-mail reminders, security questions (first pet, high school mascot, etc.), and my friends in India for many "resets". My main "system" includes the month, year and my first ever ATM PIN when I was 17 years old. This seems to fit the requirements less and less these days, however.

Roboform

what you need to do is develop your own password encoding systemuse some form of the name of the site or whatever plus your own special stuffthat way you can have a different password for everything but you can guess it if you forget

I do something similar. I got too many pin #s, so I just wrote them all down on a card in my wallet, but buried them in a long number sequence that only I know how to read.

Car license plates have worked great for me. It's a random letter/number grouping that is easy for me to remember. That, plus a couple extra letters/numbers based on the site makes things pretty easy to remember.

I can also safely write down the passwords thanx to this. I just write down the extra letters and my code word for license plates I use (obviously never the car I'm driving now).

what you need to do is develop your own password encoding systemuse some form of the name of the site or whatever plus your own special stuffthat way you can have a different password for everything but you can guess it if you forget

:shrug: I have 1 pin combo, and 1 password algorithm. Works great, very easy.

If your PIN is 1226 you can write on a card

And read the corners clockwise.

just make your passwords like this:

amazon.com: kaa123azon

yahoo: kaa123yah

FBG: kaa123fguys

It would be more like

FBG: kaa123trainwreck

I have 1 generic password for sites I don't care for privacy/data isn't important. (6 characters-alphanumeric)

Then three 7 digit passwords that I sandwich between a standard letter combo and numeric/symbol if needed for my more private data looks like: abc7DIGIT#character. The seven digit passwords was my old ICQ number, childhood telephone number, and pager coded word. I usually have to try a couple of times for each site but that's my standard PW.

Don't write them down, for Pete's sake. That would be a security violation.Case sensitive, of course. But not always.Four characters rarely works. Maybe 6. Maybe 8. Make sure to have at least one letter, one number, one special character. But not always.This password may expire in 30 days, 90 days or never. But you won't know initially so good luck in picking which "system" you'll use.Don't use the same character more than twice.Don't ever, ever use the same password twice.I have no idea how many I have but I am starting a list. I'm guessing about 70. 50 for work and maybe about 20 for personal use. It's really unmanageable. I rely on e-mail reminders, security questions (first pet, high school mascot, etc.), and my friends in India for many "resets". My main "system" includes the month, year and my first ever ATM PIN when I was 17 years old. This seems to fit the requirements less and less these days, however.

what is the biggest problem of using the same password twice. If it is a good password for a trusted secure site, is there a risk someone there can assess your password? I use the same password multiple times. I have a couple passwords I use on sites where no secure data is, like here. And I have a couple harder passwords I use on secure sites. I would hope it is not possible for people at those sites to see my password.

Archived