What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Why is Steve Smith (CAR) ranked so high this week? (1 Viewer)

GiantsRule

Footballguy
I know the Pats pass defense is suspect and Carolina has more swagger than they did with Jake Delhomme under center. Still, Matt Moore isn't much of a quarterback and Carolina is going into very hostile and cold territory in New England. Most sites (from the no-nothings like CBS Sportsline to the top FF message boards) have Smith as a high teens/low-20 prospect for this week.

What is this based on? Pats haven't lost two in a row before last week since the mid-2000s. With their playoff and division hopes on the line and DeAngelo Williams hobbled, what makes people think that the Panthers will muster up enough offense to get Smith something other than his "1 catch for 6 yards" statline he has when he's struggled?

And I could understand if it's the whole "name recognition" thing, but Smith has sucked most of the year and has been ranked accordingly before this week.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know the Pats pass defense is suspect and Carolina has more swagger than they did with Jake Delhomme under center. Still, Matt Moore isn't much of a quarterback and Carolina is going into very hostile and cold territory in New England. Most sites (from the no-nothings like CBS Sportsline to the top FF message boards) have Smith as a high teens/low-20 prospect for this week.What is this based on? Pats haven't lost two in a row before last week since the mid-2000s. With their playoff and division hopes on the line and DeAngelo Williams hobbled that the Panthers will muster up enough offense to get Smith something other than his "1 catch for 6 yards" statline he has when he's struggled?And I could understand if it's the whole "name recognition" thing, but Smith has sucked most of the year and has been ranked accordingly before this week.
He's on my bench which guarantees 7/116 2TD's.

I know the Pats pass defense is suspect and Carolina has more swagger than they did with Jake Delhomme under center. Still, Matt Moore isn't much of a quarterback and Carolina is going into very hostile and cold territory in New England. Most sites (from the no-nothings like CBS Sportsline to the top FF message boards) have Smith as a high teens/low-20 prospect for this week.What is this based on? Pats haven't lost two in a row before last week since the mid-2000s. With their playoff and division hopes on the line and DeAngelo Williams hobbled that the Panthers will muster up enough offense to get Smith something other than his "1 catch for 6 yards" statline he has when he's struggled?And I could understand if it's the whole "name recognition" thing, but Smith has sucked most of the year and has been ranked accordingly before this week.
He's on my bench which guarantees 7/116 2TD's.
I benched him for derrick mason this week.

I'm starting him over Cotchery and J Morgan (lost MSW) but I'm not feeling too good about it. What would make it more detrimental IMO is if Brady doesn't play for the Pats. Then Carolina can just pound the run all day and not worry much about NE scoring quick TDs on the other side and having to play catch-up.

The key to beating the patriots is to throw early and often. Since the patriots cannot generate a pass rush, any and all quarterbacks tend to have career days against this defense.

I have to deciode between him and Moreno...PPR...Im leaning toward Moreno but Im sure to make the wrong choice...

Benched for Austin, Jamaal Charles (flex), and *gulp* V-Jax.... Still thinking about that V-Jax call. It's between V-Jax, Jennings and Steve Smith. No matter what I do I'm sure I'll choose wrong...

Benched for Austin, Jamaal Charles (flex), and *gulp* V-Jax.... Still thinking about that V-Jax call. It's between V-Jax, Jennings and Steve Smith. No matter what I do I'm sure I'll choose wrong...
im choosing between him and vjax too. leaning vjax for some reason. just the gut feeling.

im choosing between him and vjax too. leaning vjax for some reason. just the gut feeling.
That's what I'm feeling. We can only hope that SD HAS to pass and actually compete for the first time in a long while @ Dallas. We also can hope that defeneses start rolling more coverage towards the #1 beast on the SD offense, Gates. Gates only has 118 and 167 in his last to games... We can hope...

Users who are viewing this thread