What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

My wife is really smart (1 Viewer)

I have a kegerator that can hold 4 kegs, each with their own tapper. New beer to try saturday night and the wife asks if she can go get a beer. She has never got one before, I have always done it. I tell her sure, but I am of course a bit nervous. I tell her it is the one labeled "Black L." Just take the black rubber piece off of the faucet and pull the handle toward you. Told her it might spit a tiny bit because I just hooked it up. She scoffs at me and reminds me that she did go to college and went to parties and has even tapped a keg before.

20 seconds later she comes in all wet and pissed off with a half full cup of mostly foam. "A tiny bit" she yells super annoyed. I cant help but laugh and ask her what happened. She told me it basically exploded all over and she almost dropped her cup from the force. I instantly knew she had forgotten to take the rubber piece off. I take the cup and dump it in the sink and show here the rubber piece in it. I hand her the 409 and a rag since I know it must be all over the walls too.  

Hopefully next time she will actually listen to me.   

I have a kegerator that can hold 4 kegs, each with their own tapper. New beer to try saturday night and the wife asks if she can go get a beer. She has never got one before, I have always done it. I tell her sure, but I am of course a bit nervous. I tell her it is the one labeled "Black L." Just take the black rubber piece off of the faucet and pull the handle toward you. Told her it might spit a tiny bit because I just hooked it up. She scoffs at me and reminds me that she did go to college and went to parties and has even tapped a keg before.

20 seconds later she comes in all wet and pissed off with a half full cup of mostly foam. "A tiny bit" she yells super annoyed. I cant help but laugh and ask her what happened. She told me it basically exploded all over and she almost dropped her cup from the force. I instantly knew she had forgotten to take the rubber piece off. I take the cup and dump it in the sink and show here the rubber piece in it. I hand her the 409 and a rag since I know it must be all over the walls too.  

Hopefully next time she will actually listen to me.   
I would try to temper those expectations, bub.

She started working from home.  I am now her in-house IT department. I had no idea what those guys go through. Today she told me the printer broke her network connection.  I asked why she thought that and it was because it worked last week and the only thing she did was print.  So anyways,  her password expired.

My wife is not only really smart, she's really tough.

Recently, we had a warmish (low-40s) winter day, so I used the opportunity to patch in a couple of missing bricks at the very base of the chimney (not load-bearing, as the house was still standing).  So in the colder weather, I'm taking a brick I happened to have in the garage and cracking it down so the pieces will fit; mixing up some mortar; blending in some paint so the color kinda matches the existing tuckpointing; lying on the ground to fit it all together.  Not an easy effort on a cold day.  But the rest of the night, I had to tolerate my wife rubbing her arm and bemoaning the fact that her shoulder was sore because of a shot she'd gotten earlier that day.    

Fred,

Has she mastered the English muffin mini-pizzas yet?
I had forgotten all about this.  

Still no by the way.  She has figured out the slow cooker and can bake cookies/ brownies from a mix but that's about the extent of it.  She gets a lot of prepared foods from the grocery store.  Painful. 

I too am married to a genius who is never wrong and has become very VERY good at pointing out when I'm wrong (even if there is a slight percentage chance that I'm actually NOT wrong).  I have taken to the phrase "Thank you for correcting me" anytime she points out my wrongness.  

I don't think she likes that very much.

Let me first preface this by saying my wife is actually very smart.  I wouldn't be with her if she wasn't.  However, things like the following occur that give me pause.

I had a couple of letters that needed to go in the mail but I was out of stamps.  The wife offered to get me stamps and mail them.  Awesome, wife.  2 hours later she comes back saying she couldn't find stamps anywhere.  She tried CVS, Walgreens, and the post office.  I was like, "they didn't have stamps at the post office?". No, the machine was broken and not taking cards.  I then asked, "so you were at the post office but the letters didn't get mailed?  Wasn't there a teller there to mail it."

At this point there's extreme defensiveness and a run back out to get them mailed.  I wasn't going to dig any further into that brain fart.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Let me first preface this by saying my wife is actually very smart.  I wouldn't be with her if she wasn't.  However, things like the following occur that give me pause.

I had a couple of letters that needed to go in the mail but I was out of stamps.  The wife offered to get me stamps and mail them.  Awesome, wife.  2 hours later she comes back saying she couldn't find stamps anywhere.  She tried CVS, Walgreens, and the post office.  I was like, "they didn't have stamps at the post office?". No, the machine was broken and not taking cards.  I then asked, "so you were at the post office but the letters didn't get mailed?  Wasn't there a teller there to mail it."

At this point there's extreme defensive and a run back out to get them mailed.  I wasn't going to dig any further into that brain fart.  
The worst part was you were mailing them to CVS and Walgreens

I too am married to a genius who is never wrong and has become very VERY good at pointing out when I'm wrong (even if there is a slight percentage chance that I'm actually NOT wrong).  I have taken to the phrase "Thank you for correcting me" anytime she points out my wrongness.  

I don't think she likes that very much.
I'm in the same boat.  Whenever I'm proven wrong (still a vast minority of the time, but increasing in frequency as I get older) she will make a big deal about how she was right and that I never admit that I'm wrong.  But, when I'm right, I just give her a subtle "oh, surprising" in a sarcastic tone and move on.  Yet she goes on and on about how I have to rub it in whenever I'm right.

Pot....kettle....

At this point there's extreme defensiveness and a run back out to get them mailed.  I wasn't going to dig any further into that brain fart.  
Couldn't she just buy stamps at the grocery store?  Or the UPS store?  That is one major brain cramp.

I'm in the same boat.  Whenever I'm proven wrong (still a vast minority of the time, but increasing in frequency as I get older) she will make a big deal about how she was right and that I never admit that I'm wrong.  But, when I'm right, I just give her a subtle "oh, surprising" in a sarcastic tone and move on.  Yet she goes on and on about how I have to rub it in whenever I'm right.

Pot....kettle....
thankfully this never happens to me.  i haven't been right in.... 17 years.

Mrs. Rannous said:
Couldn't she just buy stamps at the grocery store?  Or the UPS store?  That is one major brain cramp.
I wish she was a little more self deprecating because the irony that she couldn't find stamps or get a letter mailed AT THE POST OFFICE is pretty friggin funny.  

Captain Cranks said:

That is...uhm, well, that is to say your wife... What I'm trying to say is... Never mind, I just can't come up with a nice way to say it.

Users who are viewing this thread