Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

My wife is really smart

bostonfred

Upon seeing me eating Fig Newtons, some girl I was hooking-upw with in college asked, "You ever wonder what's inside a fig newton?"

She thought fig was some sort of synthetic creation.

-----------------------------

Just a few month's ago at work, several of us as work were talking about Andrew Zimmern's show. In particular, an episode where Andrew was eating some animal's cooked penis. I forget how we segued into it now, but I said that I would eat a bull's penis. One of the ladies then asked, "Both of them?"

Another lady and I had a puzzled look on our faces so I had to ask, "What do you mean both of them?" She then said (paraphrasing), "A bull is a big animal so it has multiple penises."

The other lady and I then stared at each other again in amazement before I explained to this adult lady the one male, one penis rule.

Snakes have two

Watching Penn State's bowl game the other day for at least a half hour before my girlfriend asks if the old guy on the sideline (Joe Paterno) is the owner.

You answered Yes, right?
I just told her he was the head coach. Didn't bother trying to explain the differences between college and pro sports.To her credit the reason she asked was that he didn't appear to be doing anything and wasn't wearing headphones.During baseball season she wanted to know why teams had to keep playing games if they had no chance to make the playoffs.

We were flipping back and forth last night between MNF and the NLCS. Now in all fairness my wife is not much of a baseball fan at all. But I played softball and both of our sons played little league and some HS baseball. At one point in the baseball game somebody on the Giants hit one into the gap and headed for 2nd. I said "Nice double". The wife says "I never understood what that meant". I asked her what she meant. She said "A double. What's it mean?" Because I eventually want sex sometime in the near future I just said "It means he made it to second base. If he made it to third base on that hit it would be a triple." She just replied with "Oh." :loco:

Good thing it wasn't a grand slam or home run!
Stu: "Home run!" GF: "Wait... wasn't that a grand slam??" Stu: "No..." :raiseseyebrow: GF: "But it went over the fence." Stu: "Yeah..." :raisesothereyebrow: GF: "I thought a home run is when they run around all the bases, and a grand slam goes over the fence." Stu: :slowblink: GF: "Oh yeah! A grand slam is when he hits it out of the stadium!" Stu: "You're so pretty."

I married this woman.

• Like 2

Watching Penn State's bowl game the other day for at least a half hour before my girlfriend asks if the old guy on the sideline (Joe Paterno) is the owner.

You answered Yes, right?
I just told her he was the head coach. Didn't bother trying to explain the differences between college and pro sports.To her credit the reason she asked was that he didn't appear to be doing anything and wasn't wearing headphones.During baseball season she wanted to know why teams had to keep playing games if they had no chance to make the playoffs.

We were flipping back and forth last night between MNF and the NLCS. Now in all fairness my wife is not much of a baseball fan at all. But I played softball and both of our sons played little league and some HS baseball. At one point in the baseball game somebody on the Giants hit one into the gap and headed for 2nd. I said "Nice double". The wife says "I never understood what that meant". I asked her what she meant. She said "A double. What's it mean?" Because I eventually want sex sometime in the near future I just said "It means he made it to second base. If he made it to third base on that hit it would be a triple." She just replied with "Oh." :loco:

Stu: "Home run!" GF: "Wait... wasn't that a grand slam??" Stu: "No..." :raiseseyebrow: GF: "But it went over the fence." Stu: "Yeah..." :raisesothereyebrow: GF: "I thought a home run is when they run around all the bases, and a grand slam goes over the fence." Stu: :slowblink: GF: "Oh yeah! A grand slam is when he hits it out of the stadium!" Stu: "You're so pretty."

I married this woman.

Well to be fair she's smokin'.

You answered Yes, right?

I married this woman.

Yeah but that not why we here.

This is...

I'm watching an Oklahoma State basketball game (I'm an alum so this has happened dozens of times in her presence).

Her (puzzled): "What does Okla Street mean?"

Me: "Umm... Okla St is short for Oklahoma State."

Her: "But then why doesn't Memphis have that... oh, never mind." :mellow:

Before the draft:

Her: Whoever picks 1 should draft Johnny Manziel

Me: Why?

Her: So they can trade him?

Me: :confused:

Her: He is the best, right?

Me: No, but why would they trade him?

Her: To get value

Me: I love you sweetie

ETA: In this situation, the effort wins her a lot of points... Happy that she even takes an interest :)

Edited by fantasycurse42
  • Like 1

My son and I were discussing the Packers injury woes at wide receiver (around midseason?) when she had an idea...

"They need more blockers out there to protect them."

He is 11 and about peed his pants. :lol:

She gets it from her Filipino mom though, who was still cheering for the Packers a solid fifteen minutes after I switched the tv over to the Saints and 49ers.

• Like 3

You answered Yes, right?

I married this woman.

Yeah but that not why we here.

My son and I were discussing the Packers injury woes at wide receiver (around midseason?) when she had an idea...

"They need more blockers out there to protect them."

He is 11 and about peed his pants. :lol:

She gets it from her Filipino mom though, who was still cheering for the Packers a solid fifteen minutes after I switched the tv over to the Saints and 49ers.

:lmao:

Is her mom related to Tiger Fan's wife?

Anybody say this one yet...

In the car driving.....

I'm cold: auto thermostat up to 95 degrees

15 mins later....

I'm hot: auto thermostat down to 55 degrees

Rinse, repeat.

ha. My wife does this with the house thermostat. Or will turn down the heat because it's too hot even though it's warm enough outside that the furnace hasn't kicked on.

Is there where we post about our wives hitting stationary items while driving into/pulling out of parking spaces that costs four digits to fix?

Twice in a few month span?

shiiiiiiiiiiiit, my wife has backed in to a porch with her drivers side door open as she leaned out the door to make sure she wasn't going to hit anything, backed over the hood of my mom's car which was parked directly behind her in our own driveway, and backed in to my car that was parked next to hers but separated by about 4 feet.

she has had plenty more wrecks and fender benders

• Like 1

Anybody say this one yet...

In the car driving.....

I'm cold: auto thermostat up to 95 degrees

15 mins later....

I'm hot: auto thermostat down to 55 degrees

Rinse, repeat.

"if you turn it up higher it will get warmer faster"

My wife isn't allowed to touch the thermostat anymore. She will crank it down to meat locker one minute and have it at roasting temp the next. I have finally convinced her that her internal thermostat is screwed and she needs to leave it to me. Took a while but I have finally won this battle.

Obligatory: My wife is so much smarter than I am in many ways but...

There are just some things I cannot get her to understand.

1. Anytime somebody in the family goes to the doctor/dentist and they prescribe those moronic 800mg tylenol/whatever tablets she insists on getting them from the pharmacy. I know that with our insurance the difference between these horse-pills and taking 4 regular OTC pills is just a couple of bucks but it drives me crazy.

2. We bought a fancy-schmancy dryer a few years ago (got a great deal on a display model). This thing has a ridiculous amount of settings. I'm pretty sure the Apollo 11 landing module had fewer buttons and knobs. All you need is a damn timer and a heat setting. One of the stupidest things about it is that it has some sort of "auto sense" mode where you put the clothes in and the dryer "senses" how wet the clothes are and then chooses the right temp and time. The wife insists on using that setting every time. It NEVER works right. You always have to reset it to run another 10-15 minutes to get the clothes totally dry. OR you can just manually set the temp to high and the timer to 40-45 mins and WALA...dry clothes.

3. Speaking of laundry...she insists on using the recommended amount of liquid detergent in the washer. There are basically 4 adults living in our house and our clothes are not that dirty. I haven't seen a grass stain in about 7 years. Not sure how many times I've told her "just put in half a cap...these clothes aren't filthy." Nope. And not just that she also seems to think we need to buy "stain boosters!' or whatever. A couple of weeks ago I had to tell her "WE'RE NOT FREAKING COAL MINERS!"

Edited by Officer Pete Malloy

The thermostat thing is just amazing to me. It's gotta be like 99% or more of females that don't understand the concept that the heat/AC does not work faster the more you turn it up or down. It reminds me of a kitten chasing a laser pointer for some reason.

And now my 9 year old daughter is killing me with it.

her- "Daddy turn the heat up, its cold"

me- "I did honey".

her- walks over to thermostat..."you didnt turn it up high enough"

....it was 63 in the house, i turned it up to 67..........................it was 88 when I walked over there, and this is after about 50 different explanations over the past few months about how it works.

So we started a new thing. She loses her new IPOD for a day every time she moves the thermostat more than 2 degrees either way. It is working very well.

What type of punishment can be done for my wife? I expect answers he folks.

The thermostat thing is just amazing to me. It's gotta be like 99% or more of females that don't understand the concept that the heat/AC does not work faster the more you turn it up or down. It reminds me of a kitten chasing a laser pointer for some reason.

And now my 9 year old daughter is killing me with it.

her- "Daddy turn the heat up, its cold"

me- "I did honey".

her- walks over to thermostat..."you didnt turn it up high enough"

....it was 63 in the house, i turned it up to 67..........................it was 88 when I walked over there, and this is after about 50 different explanations over the past few months about how it works.

So we started a new thing. She loses her new IPOD for a day every time she moves the thermostat more than 2 degrees either way. It is working very well.

What type of punishment can be done for my wife? I expect answers he folks.

Have sex with her husband.

3. Speaking of laundry...she insists on using the recommended amount of liquid detergent in the washer. There are basically 4 adults living in our house and our clothes are not that dirty. I haven't seen a grass stain in about 7 years. [ Not sure how many times I've told her "just put in half a cap...these clothes aren't filthy." Nope. And not just that she also seems to think we need to buy "stain boosters!' or whatever. A couple of weeks ago I had to tell her "WE'RE NOT FREAKING COAL MINERS!"

Maybe you haven't seen a grass stain in 7 years because your wife is a laundry wizard that refuses to cut corners. Edited by pollardsvision
  • Like 3

1. Anytime somebody in the family goes to the doctor/dentist and they prescribe those moronic 800mg tylenol/whatever tablets she insists on getting them from the pharmacy. I know that with our insurance the difference between these horse-pills and taking 4 regular OTC pills is just a couple of bucks but it drives me crazy.

2. We bought a fancy-schmancy dryer a few years ago (got a great deal on a display model). This thing has a ridiculous amount of settings. I'm pretty sure the Apollo 11 landing module had fewer buttons and knobs. All you need is a damn timer and a heat setting. One of the stupidest things about it is that it has some sort of "auto sense" mode where you put the clothes in and the dryer "senses" how wet the clothes are and then chooses the right temp and time. The wife insists on using that setting every time. It NEVER works right. You always have to reset it to run another 10-15 minutes to get the clothes totally dry. OR you can just manually set the temp to high and the timer to 40-45 mins and WALA...dry clothes.

3. Speaking of laundry...she insists on using the recommended amount of liquid detergent in the washer. There are basically 4 adults living in our house and our clothes are not that dirty. I haven't seen a grass stain in about 7 years. Not sure how many times I've told her "just put in half a cap...these clothes aren't filthy." Nope. And not just that she also seems to think we need to buy "stain boosters!' or whatever. A couple of weeks ago I had to tell her "WE'RE NOT FREAKING COAL MINERS!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6QLMUwVBeY

3. Speaking of laundry...she insists on using the recommended amount of liquid detergent in the washer. There are basically 4 adults living in our house and our clothes are not that dirty. I haven't seen a grass stain in about 7 years. [ Not sure how many times I've told her "just put in half a cap...these clothes aren't filthy." Nope. And not just that she also seems to think we need to buy "stain boosters!' or whatever. A couple of weeks ago I had to tell her "WE'RE NOT FREAKING COAL MINERS!"

Maybe you haven't seen a grass stain in 7 years because your wife is a laundry wizard that refuses to cut corners.

I do the laundry 90% of the time, Gomer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6QLMUwVBeY

That movie is terrible.

Me: Watching any sporting event

Her: Who's playing?

Me: A vs B.

Her: Where are they playing?

Me: They are playing at B. The home team is always the second one listed on the little TV scoreboard.

We have had this conversation about 2,697 times.

Me: They are playing at B. The home team is always the second one listed on the little TV scoreboard.vs

Condition her to think of "vs" = "at"

no offense but our auto sense setting works great and you shouldn't dry everything on high....:unsure:

Me: They are playing at B. The home team is always the second one listed on the little TV scoreboard.

CMon man, she is just trying to pretend like she cares about sports.

I think I would have to ask my wife 90000 times what kind of flowers we have outside. If I ever did ask, I would immediately just not pay attention.

Either that or she is dumb.

My 6yr old daughter is so proud to show me the several ways she can identify which team is home vs. away (listed 2nd on the score graphic, logos on the court/ice, the colors worn by the home fans, which team gets the most cheers, etc.).

Want me to send her over and talk to your wife?

no offense but our auto sense setting works great and you shouldn't dry everything on high.... :unsure:

Good for you. Never said I dried everything on high, Chach.

Had to try Aircraft Carrier question:

Me: Do you know what an aircraft carrier is?

Her: a plane.

Me: An aircraft CARRRRIER..

Her: Is a plane.

I can't hold it anymore, i snorted laughing.

Her: What are you doing? You are a dork.

Me: An aircraft carrier is a boat.

She is shaking her head no.

Me: You know those huge boats that planes land and take off on?

Her: Those are only in the military.

Me: Yeah..

Her: You didn't say Military aircraft carrier.

I had to walk away laughing. :lol:

To be fair to her, the civilian ones are a lot different.

Maybe you haven't seen a grass stain in 7 years because your wife is a laundry wizard that refuses to cut corners.

So you're complaining about her using an extra half cap of detergent 10% of the time? (Assuming you are sticking to the 1/2 cap the 90% you do the laundry...you are making out like a laundry detergent boss!) ;)

Edited by SeaDogStat

3. Speaking of laundry...she insists on using the recommended amount of liquid detergent in the washer. There are basically 4 adults living in our house and our clothes are not that dirty. I haven't seen a grass stain in about 7 years. Not sure how many times I've told her "just put in half a cap...these clothes aren't filthy." Nope.

They cost a little more up front, but those laundry detergent pods are great for this. We used to go through a box of detergent every couple of weeks -- just two of us, mind you -- because she'd fill that measuring scoop to the brim, despite the fact that I had taken a Sharpie and marked the line for a regular, non-crapped-in load of laundry.

Since I switched us to pods we buy a box maybe once a month now. I'd estimate we save ~30% on our detergent costs.

My 6yr old daughter is so proud to show me the several ways she can identify which team is home vs. away (listed 2nd on the score graphic, logos on the court/ice, the colors worn by the home fans, which team gets the most cheers, etc.).

Want me to send her over and talk to your wife?

please

So you're complaining about her using an extra half cap of detergent 10% of the time? (Assuming you are sticking to the 1/2 cap the 90% you do the laundry...you are making out like a laundry detergent boss!) ;)

Yes

• Like 1

Yes

Lol...okay then

3. Speaking of laundry...she insists on using the recommended amount of liquid detergent in the washer. There are basically 4 adults living in our house and our clothes are not that dirty. I haven't seen a grass stain in about 7 years. Not sure how many times I've told her "just put in half a cap...these clothes aren't filthy." Nope.

They cost a little more up front, but those laundry detergent pods are great for this. We used to go through a box of detergent every couple of weeks -- just two of us, mind you -- because she'd fill that measuring scoop to the brim, despite the fact that I had taken a Sharpie and marked the line for a regular, non-crapped-in load of laundry.

Since I switched us to pods we buy a box maybe once a month now. I'd estimate we save ~30% on our detergent costs.

This is very true. I will not have anything other than pods in the house. I don't do much laundry, but I remember how often we used to run out of detergent. Since we invested in those we double the time between detergent purchases. Same with the dishwasher pods, but to a lesser extent.