Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Software that lets you forcast your financial planning ie. bills/incom

fissure man

Basically I'm looking for a solid financial planner that allows me to enter all my bills, income, expenses and forecasts my left over income so I may plan for savings/investments/repairs/etc...

Can any of you recommend one?

Are they worthless?

Any free versions?

Thanks so much in advance.

Mint is OK, but it still seems kind of bare-bones. Hopefully the Intuit people will bring in some upgrades, and debug the software.

The thing that makes (or rather, "made") Mint special was that it was dead simple and very intuitive. I'm guessing that the Intuit folks will ruin it by this time next year.

Mint is OK, but it still seems kind of bare-bones. Hopefully the Intuit people will bring in some upgrades, and debug the software.

The thing that makes (or rather, "made") Mint special was that it was dead simple and very intuitive. I'm guessing that the Intuit folks will ruin it by this time next year.
Yeah, adding features, like, manually adding in transactions, or fixing the budget page so that my $1200 rent check and a $600 transfer stop showing up as "Everything Else: $15", will totally ruin it.

Whats wrong with Quicken? I got it this year as a deal with TurboTax and it seems a lot better than 8 years ago when you had to enter everything manually.

:lmao: I got Quicken last year and love it. See no issues here.
the only problem i've had is that i'm constantly reconciling inaccurate balances. I think it's because I'm capturing account transfers incorrectly. but it's way off....i just want to use it to keep a spending budget and see investment values in one place, so it doesn't need to do much

• 1 month later...

I currently have Quicken 2007 and now Intuit is making you upgrade to Quicken 2010. I use it mainly to track investments in my ESPP and then transfer over to TurboTax. I want to expand my use to more monthly budgeting.

The TurboTax/Quicken "deals" this year have been either lame or non-existent.

I guess my questions are:

- Do I need Turbotax premium in order to bring in my Quicken capital gains or can I get by with TurboTax deluxe?

- Is there a competitve product that will bring in my Quicken account history?

You could always set something up in Excel too.

:lmao: Simple solution is often the best solution.
I'm a super excel nerd and I won't waste the time of trying to build something that's already built and serves my needs (i.e. Quicken). By the time you build all your ledgers, your budget, any reports, or what have you, you wasted so much time you might as well have stuck with Quicken. :lmao:

Archived