What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Pick 'em pools (1 Viewer)

lefteye

Footballguy
Where are you guys leaning today? With all the teams resting starters, the more informed we are, the more likely we are to pick the right games. I'm a couple games back and very close to the money so I'd like to take some risks this week. I don't think I've done that so far.

I underlined and bolded the teams i think are going to win and added my reasoning. I welcome your comments and agreement/disagreement.

Indy @ Buffalo. I think Buffalo's 1st string is good enough to beat Indy's 2nd.

Jax @Cleveland. Tough pick here. I'm going Cleveland as they are all of a sudden playing well and I don't have much faith in Jax on the road in the cold.

Chicago @ Detroit. I would never pick Detroit.

SF @ St Louis. Same reasoning as Detroit vs Chi.

Pitt @ Miami. I know Pitt needs this game to get in but they consistently look terrible. They barely beat Balt and needed Balt to make every bad play in the book to do so.

NYG @ Minn. I'm a giants homer and season tix holder. There is no way this team goes into Minn and does anything but bend over. They may keep it close with some offense but the def is the worst since ray handley was the head coach.

Atl @ TB. Tough call here, I'm leaning Atl but I can be swayed.

NO @ Car. Can Car beat NO's 2nd string? I think so.

NE @ Hou. Is this NE's 2nd string or are they playing starters? Houston needs this game and NE's position is set(i think).

Phi @ Dal. Phi owns Dall and Romo will come up small again.

KC @ Den.

Balt @ Oak.

GB @ Ari. I"m not sure what's at stake in this game. I don't have much feel for it. I'm guessing the home team.

Wash @ SD. Is this SD's 2nd string or 1st?

Tenn @ Sea. I would've bet Sea if they hadn't gotten killed by TB.

Cinc @ NYJ. The jets are win and in. Hard to bet against them.

I welcome your thoughts and opposition.

I'm in the same situation, tied with one week to go. I agree with your picks except I'm going with Pitt. Ricky williams is banged up and I think Pitt pulls it out. Of the other games, I think GB/AZ and Phi/Dal could go either way. SD is tough because few offensive starters will see much time for the Chargers in that one. Still going with SD though. Good luck.....

I'm going with all the same teams, except I'm taking Pitt over Miami as my 6 point game.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with you guys taking Pitt. I'm a few games back and need a few risks. If you are in position for the money, I can't argue with you taking Pitt.

Considering how poorly Pitt has played this season, I could easily see them coming up small. Also, Lex Hilliard looked good in the limited carries he's had. I could see his fresh legs surprising Pitt a little. Miami can run the ball, no doubt about that. Here's to Henne kicking some steeler ###!

The Dal/Phi game is a toss-up, agreed. I'm not sure what to make of the SD game, I doubt anyone will pick Wash so it may be worth it to risk it if I fall behind in the 1 o'clock's and need to just go for it. I could also see Wash's players showing some pride with the firing of Zorn.

I'm also taking Pitt.

I'm leaning to the Bucs too. They've been playing well, and both Ryan and Turner are iffy...and the Falcons have nothing to play for.

I'm also taking Pitt.I'm leaning to the Bucs too. They've been playing well, and both Ryan and Turner are iffy...and the Falcons have nothing to play for.
I wasn't sure how to call this game. TB has played better since the QB switch. Any Atl homers out there to pitch in?

ATL does makes me nervous. I went with them since they are playing for back-to-back winning seasons.

Here are my picks with Points. I'm locked in now, and some I don't feel real good about, but it's too late now.

SF 16

NYJ 15

TEN 14

DEN 13

BAL 12

CAR 11

CHI 10

BUF 9

MIN 8

ATL 7

PIT 6

HOU 5

SD 4

ARI 3

CLE 2

PHI 1

Here are my picks with Points. I'm locked in now, and some I don't feel real good about, but it's too late now.SF 16NYJ 15TEN 14DEN 13BAL 12CAR 11CHI 10BUF 9MIN 8ATL 7PIT 6HOU 5SD 4ARI 3CLE 2PHI 1
I like the points assignment. We don't play that way. What site do you use to host this?

Here are my picks with Points. I'm locked in now, and some I don't feel real good about, but it's too late now.SF 16NYJ 15TEN 14DEN 13BAL 12CAR 11CHI 10BUF 9MIN 8ATL 7PIT 6HOU 5SD 4ARI 3CLE 2PHI 1
I like the points assignment. We don't play that way. What site do you use to host this?
You can do it with a MFL league site. They have survivor and pick'em with multiple options for the pick'em. We always have part of our entry fee go to each contest each season. The winner of each contest will have won entry fees for the next year so that keeps people interested. Makes week 17 fun as well.BTW, this is a great thread. Would support one of these next year for sure.

You can do it with a MFL league site. They have survivor and pick'em with multiple options for the pick'em. We always have part of our entry fee go to each contest each season. The winner of each contest will have won entry fees for the next year so that keeps people interested. Makes week 17 fun as well.BTW, this is a great thread. Would support one of these next year for sure.
we'll do it next year on Tuesday mornings so we can argue about it all week. Should be cool. If we're good, we all win together. If we're wrong, we'll blame each other. I'm still struggling with the miami pick. Ricky williams is gonna give it a go but Pitt has a lot to play for. Seems like they are the right pick but I need some gambles if I want to win something this season. ( I already won my side bets even with a terrible performance today)

I have a 2 game lead in my pick-em pool. I'm with the OP for most games, but I think the Steelers have a chip on their shoulder, and will win, especially now with R Williams being injured. The Steelers think the league is throwing games against the Jets to keep them out of the playoffs. I think the Pitt D really steps up.

I like NO. Sure, they will rest players, but at least half of the starters will still have to play. How many suit up? 40? Then you have a punter and a kicker. Now, you need 22 players out of 38. Some regulars still have to play. I think NO wants to stop the losing before it becomes a habit.

The Colts are a tougher pick. Painter looked worse than awful. Still, I have a hard time taking the Bills. I think I will stick with the Colts.

I have a 2 game lead in my pick-em pool. I'm with the OP for most games, but I think the Steelers have a chip on their shoulder, and will win, especially now with R Williams being injured. The Steelers think the league is throwing games against the Jets to keep them out of the playoffs. I think the Pitt D really steps up. I like NO. Sure, they will rest players, but at least half of the starters will still have to play. How many suit up? 40? Then you have a punter and a kicker. Now, you need 22 players out of 38. Some regulars still have to play. I think NO wants to stop the losing before it becomes a habit. The Colts are a tougher pick. Painter looked worse than awful. Still, I have a hard time taking the Bills. I think I will stick with the Colts.
Regarding NO. I haven't seen Brunell on a football field in a long time. I have no idea what to expect from him but Carolina has looked good and wants to finish the season 8-8. JStewart has looked very good and the Def can cause some problems with a solid pass rush. You're in the lead, I'd go NO. If you're trying to catch the guy in the lead, I'd go Car.

I have a 2 game lead in my pick-em pool. I'm with the OP for most games, but I think the Steelers have a chip on their shoulder, and will win, especially now with R Williams being injured. The Steelers think the league is throwing games against the Jets to keep them out of the playoffs. I think the Pitt D really steps up. I like NO. Sure, they will rest players, but at least half of the starters will still have to play. How many suit up? 40? Then you have a punter and a kicker. Now, you need 22 players out of 38. Some regulars still have to play. I think NO wants to stop the losing before it becomes a habit. The Colts are a tougher pick. Painter looked worse than awful. Still, I have a hard time taking the Bills. I think I will stick with the Colts.
Regarding NO. I haven't seen Brunell on a football field in a long time. I have no idea what to expect from him but Carolina has looked good and wants to finish the season 8-8. JStewart has looked very good and the Def can cause some problems with a solid pass rush. You're in the lead, I'd go NO. If you're trying to catch the guy in the lead, I'd go Car.
I flipp flopped already.. going with the Bills. If S Smith were playing... but he isn't.

Indy over Buffalo

Jacksonville over Cleveland

Chicago over Detroit

San Francisco over St Louis

Pittsburgh over Miami

New York Giants over Minnesota

Atlanta over Tampa Bay

Carolina over New Orleans

Houston over New England

Philadelphia over Dallas

Kansas City over Denver

Baltimore over Oakland

Arizona over Green Bay

San Diego over Washington

Tennessee over Seattle

New York Jets over Cincinnati

I flip-flopped to Pitt. I hated making the switch but....
I flip-flopped back to miami. Live by the sword, die by the sword :unsure:
LOL... I understand completely.Just had a thought... what if a guy in my pool saw this thread? That would be a bad thing, as I have a 2 game lead! :unsure:
Henne on the sidelines, this pick isn't looking too good. The rest are looking pretty good!

I flip-flopped back to miami. Live by the sword, die by the sword :scared:
I flopped back to Atl...so far so good.
Nice! With Minny killing the giants, it appears that the ari-gb game is meaningless. Any thoiughts on how this goes? I have some faith that leinart will play decently with those wr's, are GB's backups any good?Holy krap, Roeth just fumbled at Miami's 20 or so yard line!!!!! Miami trailing by 3 with an absolute miracle happening in the 4th. Holy krap!

I flip-flopped back to miami. Live by the sword, die by the sword :scared:
I flopped back to Atl...so far so good.
Nice! With Minny killing the giants, it appears that the ari-gb game is meaningless. Any thoiughts on how this goes? I have some faith that leinart will play decently with those wr's, are GB's backups any good?Holy krap, Roeth just fumbled at Miami's 20 or so yard line!!!!! Miami trailing by 3 with an absolute miracle happening in the 4th. Holy krap!
Jinxed myself. Miami interception at the 2. At least Houston just took the lead!

Not too bad getting three wrong. Got a little nervous in a few games, but I'm in the money no matter what happens tonight.

Not too bad getting three wrong. Got a little nervous in a few games, but I'm in the money no matter what happens tonight.
I concur Kleck. Unfortunately, my miami pick went against me. Had it gone right, I would've taken 2nd overall as I was 1 of very few who took Miami. As it is, I'm in 4th regardless of outcome tonight. I'm not sure if that's in the money or not.[edited to add]Too bad we didn't know GB would keep their starters in until the 4th. I would've taken either teams starters against the other teams 2nd string in that scenario!

Last edited by a moderator:
Lost with Denver, NO and AZ. Not a bad week, with the Jets looking solid. Had a 2 game lead, looks like I'll win the pool by 3. I won a couple I was worried about, but Dernver was a shock... fortunately, everyone else took Denver too.

Users who are viewing this thread