Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Am I getting old and cranky?

Thorn

One of my FB friends, a girl I know from grad school, had her baby overnight. Today there is a new picture posted. Do they wait until the baby is cleaned up or even for the umbilical cord to be cut? Do they wait until the bloody towels are put away? Do they give mom a minute to straighten her gown so that half her boob is not hanging out? No.

Am I getting old and cranky or is this incredibly tacky? Shouldn't that moment be for her family and maybe some very close friends? Why should I be in on it? I don't know, I don't have kids, but I would think that if/when I do, I won't feel compelled to share the first seconds of my child's life with everyone I (kinda sorta) know. You'll get a picture when we've had our private moment and we're good and ready.

/rant

Do they give mom a minute to straighten her gown so that half her boob is not hanging out? No.

:lmao:
Um. She is a very pretty girl but (understandably) she's not at her best in this shot.

A guy I grew up with showed a video of his sons birth at the kids first birthday party...we were downstairs and he puts in this video..I thought he was kidding at first..I thought it was totally out of line and his wife was pissed as hell. some very unflattering clips of her to say the least. And nobody there really wanted to see it..all you heard was "ugh..gross"

Why do you feel the need to press your moral beliefs on a "private moment" onto others?

I'm assuming this is sarcasm right? Otherwise, putting it on Facebook kind of throws the "private moment" argument right out the window.

One of my FB friends, a girl I know from grad school, had her baby overnight. Today there is a new picture posted. Do they wait until the baby is cleaned up or even for the umbilical cord to be cut? Do they wait until the bloody towels are put away? Do they give mom a minute to straighten her gown so that half her boob is not hanging out? No.Am I getting old and cranky or is this incredibly tacky? Shouldn't that moment be for her family and maybe some very close friends? Why should I be in on it? I don't know, I don't have kids, but I would think that if/when I do, I won't feel compelled to share the first seconds of my child's life with everyone I (kinda sorta) know. You'll get a picture when we've had our private moment and we're good and ready./rant

There are some pretty good examples of things like this that shouldn't be shared on FB at Lamebook.com.

A guy I grew up with showed a video of his sons birth at the kids first birthday party...we were downstairs and he puts in this video..I thought he was kidding at first..I thought it was totally out of line and his wife was pissed as hell. some very unflattering clips of her to say the least. And nobody there really wanted to see it..all you heard was "ugh..gross"

:lmao: This makes me laugh really hard.

On a similar note, I posted pics of my colonoscopy in my office once. Was that tacky of me?

You had a colonoscopy in your office?
Doesn't everyone? He said he was a doctor. :bag:

I have friends who posted updates and pics to their facebook every 15 minutes or so during labor. They posted pics immediately after as well.

A few months after she gave birth we were visiting and they were talking about how they were worried about another friend who was giving birth that day. "Its been 14 hours and they haven’t posted to their FB"

On a similar note, I posted pics of my colonoscopy in my office once. Was that tacky of me?

Doesn't everyone? He said he was a doctor. :unsure:
That wasnt a colonoscope he used. :thumbup:

Doesn't everyone? He said he was a doctor. :lmao:
That wasnt a colonoscope he used. :lmao:
:o Uh oh.

Archived