What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2010 Offseason Dynasty Trades (1 Viewer)

jeter23

Footballguy
We have all seen the value of players change dramatically during the offseason. Older vets become almost worthless and draft picks are pure gold. Also, it is always interesting to find the true value of upstarts/breakouts from the previous season.

Please post any trades you make in your dynasty league and provide all relevant league information (PPR, 2 QB, IDP, etc)

Last edited by a moderator:
14 team, PPR, start 2 RB's. Took over an orphaned team with a glaring hole at RB.

Traded my first round pick for Marshawn Lynch and a second round pick. I decided to target Lynch for a few reasons.

1) He is only 23. He's younger than some of this year's rookies such as S. Green, J. Davis, B. Scott, A. Foster etc.

2) He has produced TWO seasons of high quality already. His first two seasons in the NFL he combined for over 2600 yards from scrimmage (over 1000 rushing both years) and 16 TD's.

3) Good pass catcher with 47 receptions in 2008.

4) Only 3 fumbles lost in 741 career touches. Good ball security.

Everything went wrong for Lynch in 2009. Suspension, horrible O-line play, and a backup who produced in his stead. I can't see a scenario where a healthy and motivated Lynch does not get enough work and produce a top 28 finish among RB's next year, which makes him a starting RB in our league. Fred Jackson worries me, and I admit it's a gamble, but I think it could pay off very nicely.

14 team, PPR, start 2 RB's. Took over an orphaned team with a glaring hole at RB. Traded my first round pick for Marshawn Lynch and a second round pick. I decided to target Lynch for a few reasons. 1) He is only 23. He's younger than some of this year's rookies such as S. Green, J. Davis, B. Scott, A. Foster etc.2) He has produced TWO seasons of high quality already. His first two seasons in the NFL he combined for over 2600 yards from scrimmage (over 1000 rushing both years) and 16 TD's. 3) Good pass catcher with 47 receptions in 2008. 4) Only 3 fumbles lost in 741 career touches. Good ball security. Everything went wrong for Lynch in 2009. Suspension, horrible O-line play, and a backup who produced in his stead. I can't see a scenario where a healthy and motivated Lynch does not get enough work and produce a top 28 finish among RB's next year, which makes him a starting RB in our league. Fred Jackson worries me, and I admit it's a gamble, but I think it could pay off very nicely.
What pick was the 1st?

14 team, PPR, start 2 RB's. Took over an orphaned team with a glaring hole at RB. Traded my first round pick for Marshawn Lynch and a second round pick. I decided to target Lynch for a few reasons. 1) He is only 23. He's younger than some of this year's rookies such as S. Green, J. Davis, B. Scott, A. Foster etc.2) He has produced TWO seasons of high quality already. His first two seasons in the NFL he combined for over 2600 yards from scrimmage (over 1000 rushing both years) and 16 TD's. 3) Good pass catcher with 47 receptions in 2008. 4) Only 3 fumbles lost in 741 career touches. Good ball security. Everything went wrong for Lynch in 2009. Suspension, horrible O-line play, and a backup who produced in his stead. I can't see a scenario where a healthy and motivated Lynch does not get enough work and produce a top 28 finish among RB's next year, which makes him a starting RB in our league. Fred Jackson worries me, and I admit it's a gamble, but I think it could pay off very nicely.
What pick was the 1st?
Not sure exactly (haven't looked a tie-breaks yet). It will be somewhere between 6th-8th. The 2nd rounder is the 2.01 pick. For the sake of argument, though...I would give up as much as the 1.03. IMO I would trade my favorite player in the draft this year, Ryan Matthews, for Lynch and the 2.01 (Gilyard, Devine, or someone who falls). In all honesty, I don't value my draft picks as much as most people, as I often miss on the prospects I take. I would rather have my first rounder be a 23 year old with two stud seasons under his belt who had a poor (but healthy) 2009.

I dont feel as bad about my trade now seeing some others feel the same way I do about Lynch!!

About three weeks ago(or so) I made the following trade(12 team, PPR, start 2 RBs, 1 TE, 1 Flex and 3 WRs), I had a 1st rd bye and the other team was looking to trade for the future:

I traded: Reggie Bush and my 1st rd pick (which would end up being the 1.10)

I Received: Marshawn Lynch and Jermichael Finley

It seemed to be a no brainer at first, but then Lynch continued to receive less then 5 touches per game to end the season and I became very worried! But I still think with his age and what he has already accomplished that he is a RB to shoot for this year in Dynasty trades(or at least I hope)? Yes Fred Jackson is very good and has now proven this yet another year, but he will be 29 this Feb. and I am hoping eventually makes way to Lynch for good(unless Lynch is traded)?

My fingers are crossed. At least I did get Finley too out of the deal. :shrug:

Lynch got replaced by a more explosive 29 year old journeyman RB midyear and is a strike away from a longer suspension. Travis Henry trajectory anyone? I'd own him but I wouldn't give up much to do so ... wow.

:confused: Getting tired of using this thing, but lots to start to follow for the off-season
At the top of the thread, under the "ADD REPLY" and "NEW TOPIC" buttons, there is a drop-down box labelled "Options".Choose "track this topic".There is no need for the marker icon to track a thread.... :)

16 team PPR league with pretty standard lineups (1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 flex). I traded Kevin Smith and Donnie Avery for the 1.03. I guess the other guy thought he was buying low on both of those guys.

One interesting trade that went down today in my league:

Party A Gave: T Brady, Mathis (DE)

Party B Gave: Big Ben, DQwell Jackson (LB)

Party A was/is concerned about the impact of an injured Welker on Brady in 2010.

TD-only league: Got shot down trying to get ADP. Offered 4-1st rounders for him (two in 2010 and two in 2011)

zealots, 12 team standard scoring 53 man dynasty

team A: Jason Campbell, Ray Rice

team B: Philip Rivers, Jacoby Jones

:blackdot: Getting tired of using this thing, but lots to start to follow for the off-season
At the top of the thread, under the "ADD REPLY" and "NEW TOPIC" buttons, there is a drop-down box labelled "Options".Choose "track this topic".There is no need for the marker icon to track a thread.... :)
but it is fun having :blackdot: posts spread all over the board..One board I am on has "I wanted to be a part of this thread, but had nothing to add" yellow man..anyway back to trades and thanks

Zealots, 12 team standard scoring 53 man dynasty

I traded Austin Collie for the 2010 1.04 rookie pick.

Haven't finalized the deal yet, but in a 10 team dynasty league with IDP's (no PPR, pretty much standard scoring), I am working on a deal that will bring me Stewart...

Will likely be something like this:

My Brandon Marshall and Hakeem Nicks for his Jonathan Stewart.

My trade partner is thin at WR, so I know Marshall will be part of the deal, but we're still working out who the other WR will be...

We have 30 man rosters in-season but have to trim them down to 20 a week after the Super Bowl (+ a 3 man taxi squad). I am already stacked at WR - Fitz, Marshall, Boldin, Jennings, Rice, Harvin, Nicks, Schillens - and am a little thin at RB.

I dont feel as bad about my trade now seeing some others feel the same way I do about Lynch!!About three weeks ago(or so) I made the following trade(12 team, PPR, start 2 RBs, 1 TE, 1 Flex and 3 WRs), I had a 1st rd bye and the other team was looking to trade for the future:I traded: Reggie Bush and my 1st rd pick (which would end up being the 1.10)I Received: Marshawn Lynch and Jermichael FinleyIt seemed to be a no brainer at first, but then Lynch continued to receive less then 5 touches per game to end the season and I became very worried! But I still think with his age and what he has already accomplished that he is a RB to shoot for this year in Dynasty trades(or at least I hope)? Yes Fred Jackson is very good and has now proven this yet another year, but he will be 29 this Feb. and I am hoping eventually makes way to Lynch for good(unless Lynch is traded)?My fingers are crossed. At least I did get Finley too out of the deal. :)
Honestly, I think Bush + a first is worth Finley all by itself. Lynch is just pudding.

traded away: Roddy White & Greg Olsen

received: Mike Sims-Walker, Vernon Davis, & Chaz Schilens

I grew frustrated with Olsen and VD is a top 3 TE in my book. Sims-Walker has the talent to score just as many points as Roddy White. Schilens has WR2 potential if Oakland straightens out there QB sitch

1.5ppr 45man roster IDP

Traded O.Daniels/Breaston for Celek/C.Ingram/5th.

Too much in the air with Daniels' contract and injury status. Breaston was my WR5/6 in a start 3 league and who knows what happens with boldin or even what happens when Warner retires.

Pairing Celek as my starter with Finley as my flex play.

Jeez, it's pretty crazy that it wasn't until post #28 until we finally saw a trade that was actually fair.

12 team PPR

I offered my 1.12 rookie pick for Harrison and was turned down. I thought it would be turned down but there were quite a few people in the Dynasty Thread who seem to think he isn't worth a first at all so I thought I would try.

Trades that just went down in a 10 Team Dynasty. Roster Limits/Scoring/Lineup Rules in my signature

Team A gave up

P. Thomas, M. Bell, V. Jackson, S. Smith (NYG), Delmas

Team B gave up

MJD, Sproles, Garcon, Meriweather

Team B then gave up

Hardy, S. Smith (NYG), Olsen

Team C gave up

F. Jackson, Lynch, Scheffler

10 team PPR

I GIVE:

Reggie Bush

Jerome Harrison

Dustin Keller

#6 rookie pick

#9 rookie pick

I GET:

MJD

Early Doucet

My starting lineup is now:

Rodgers

Chris Johnson

Jones-Drew

Fitz

V Jackson

Colston

Sims-Walker

Finley

Classic case of people overpaying for 1st round draft picks...and not even very good ones.

az_prof said:
12 team PPRI offered my 1.12 rookie pick for Harrison and was turned down. I thought it would be turned down but there were quite a few people in the Dynasty Thread who seem to think he isn't worth a first at all so I thought I would try.
I think he may be a strange case where a good many would not consider giving up a first to acquire him if they don't already own him, and his current owners probably won't move him for a pick not in the first half of the first rd. -I could be wrong, but just the feeling I'm getting about him right now.

In all honesty, I don't value my draft picks as much as most people, as I often miss on the prospects I take. I would rather have my first rounder (Lynch) be a 23 year old with two stud seasons under his belt who had a poor (but healthy) 2009.
1,000 yards and 8 scores not equal to "stud". He may be a good buy low candidate but I think he could have had more cheaply.

although i think this thread may belong in the assistant forums.

I traded Cedric Benson and the 1.14 pick for Ronnie Brown and the 1.02 pick in my 14 team dynasty league after winning the championship this year. Really kinda torn as i am starting to really like Dwyer and Mathews in the draft and am excited to see what they weigh in and run at the combine/pro days. There the only two RB's I see as "feature back potential" this year. Thats no knock on Spiller but i see McFadden written all over him and am not going to take a chance on that even if he pans out to be the next Chris Johnson.... basically willing to not gamble on him.

My current stable of RB's are in no means elite but have serious potential for a dynasty league in Jonathan Stewart and Beanie Wells at the fore front so looking to add one of Dwyer/Mathews to round out that young core. Brown will be used as trade fodder when he is healthy next year and reclaimed his value back off the injury. Cedric Benson is a good RB 2 but selling high on him to me was a good idea. championship winning or not imo.

NPPR-Standard Scoring except TE's get 1pt for every two catches.

I gave up: O Daniels

I got: 1.8/2.8 picks (Rookies & Vets combined) I'm targeting Ingram (Taxi Squad)

I still have Celek, Gates, Casey and Cook

Oh and we start Two TEs

this just went down in my league:

Team A gave up Brohm, Brian BUF QB;Aromashodu, Devin CHI WR;Avery, Donnie STL WR;Murphy, Louis OAK WR; 2010 2.12 rookie pick

Team B gave up Dorsey, DeDe FA* RB;Jackson, Vincent SDC WR

Thought it was a little light for Vincent Jackson, but certainly some upside with those WR's

Here are a few that went down in my league recently. None by me. Not saying there all great examples of trade value.

Gibson, Brandon STL WR

2110 rookie 2.12

2110 rookie 2 10

for

Williams, Roy DAL WR

Bush, Reggie NOS RB

for

2110 rookie 2.12

2110 rookie 2 10

Floyd, Malcom SDC WR

Bush, Michael OAK RB;Garcon, Pierre IND WR

for

Jennings, Rashad JAC RB;Tomlinson, LaDainian SDC RB

Amendola, Danny STL WR

2010 1.8

2010 1.9

for

Foster, Arian HOU RB

2010 1.10

2010 1.11

PPR

Team 1 gave up: D. Anderson, B. Quinn, R. Bush, M. Sim-Walker, Dev. Thomas, J. Morgan 1.8, 1.12, 2.9

Team 2 gave up: B. Jacobs, P. Harvin, K. Britt, M. Wallace, J. Freeman, V. Shiancoe

Non PPR

Team 1 gave up: Felix Jones

Team 2 gave up: Mike Sims-Walker

and

Team 3 gave up: Pierre Thomas

Team 4 gave up: 1.6

Gibson, Brandon STL WR 2110 rookie 2.12 2110 rookie 2 10 for Williams, Roy DAL WRBush, Reggie NOS RB for2110 rookie 2.122110 rookie 2 10Floyd, Malcom SDC WR
Sneaky good trades here, as I am not sure the NFL will even still be drafting in 100 years.

Gibson, Brandon STL WR 2110 rookie 2.12 2110 rookie 2 10 for Williams, Roy DAL WRBush, Reggie NOS RB for2110 rookie 2.122110 rookie 2 10Floyd, Malcom SDC WR
Sneaky good trades here, as I am not sure the NFL will even still be drafting in 100 years.
I hope they paid in advance for those picks too.Commish: "Ok, you owe about $7500 in league fees for the next 100 years. I'll need that before I can process your trade"

2 trades in a 1 ppr league:

Team A gave up Hasselbeck, Alex Smith, Donald Brown, Devin Thomas, 2.3

Team B gave up Freeman, Tomlinson, Edelman, Massaquoi

Team A gave up Royal, L. Robinson, 1.12

Team B gave up MSW and Arian Foster

Zealots 53-man rosters, IDP

Gave up WR Mario Manningham + WR Darrius Heyward-Bey

Received WR Eddie Royal + LB DeAndre Levy

Users who are viewing this thread