What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cleveland Browns (7 Viewers)

Jesus....

At this point, I'm fine with Farmer building his roster. No Gordon, no playoffs. Might as well bring Johnny along and build the team.

I'm flabbergasted.

Absolutely.

Bitonio was a GREAT pick when we had Gordon... not now.

####. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

I'm flabbergasted.

Absolutely.

Bitonio was a GREAT pick when we had Gordon... not now.

####. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK
Cmon Soul, can't bash a guy who drafts to build a team rather than fill needs.

I wanted Lee also, but if he thinks this dude is more valuable for us then so be it.

But I do think we SHOULD trade up for a WR now.

Good. I wanted offensive line before receiver. Thanks for not panicking Farmer.
I need to calm down.

The pick is gorgeous... I love it.

But Im panicking about WR. We have to move up...
Why panic man??? Have a glass of wine, relax champ..............panicking gets you nowhere.

But I do want to trade up, too good of value left at WR for us not to get one of them, and the guys I want wont be there at 68 or whatever our next pick is

Good. I wanted offensive line before receiver. Thanks for not panicking Farmer.
I need to calm down.

The pick is gorgeous... I love it.

But Im panicking about WR. We have to move up...
Why panic man??? Have a glass of wine, relax champ..............panicking gets you nowhere.

But I do want to trade up, too good of value left at WR for us not to get one of them, and the guys I want wont be there at 68 or whatever our next pick is
I don't mind moving up as long as the price is right. This is a deep draft at WR so hopefully Farmer won't have to give up much.

this is a stupid question and I should be able to easily find this....................but somebody give me a link to a draft tracker that also has all the trades readily available

Play smash mouth football and let the D win games.

See.... I'm already convincing myself that this year is not a wash. Glass is always half full.

I don't mind moving up as long as the price is right. This is a deep draft at WR so hopefully Farmer won't have to give up much.
Deep yes, but if we can get a 1st round talent at WR at a pick in the mid 2nd, I am fine giving up chart value, if not a bit more, to do it
Good point. I like the kid from Penn State, but I'm the last person who should be judging college football talent. I watch the Big 10 and then a few random big games each year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Relax. Let's see what happens.

Lee

Robinson

Latimer

Moncrief

Adams

Landry

Matthews

Miss anyone in this tier, or two?

@mikefreemanNFL: Source confirms to me ESPN report Josh Gordon faces suspension and source says chances of reduced penalty "not all that great."
If the Browns have known about the situation for 2 weeks and didn't take a WR yet either they think he isn't going to be suspended or they have some other drafting plan in place.I guess we will find out soon.
There's still a few useful veterans like Santonio Holmes and Miles Austin out there.

As a Browns and Skins fan, I don't know how I ever get through a draft with any hair. So much time pulling it and/or scratching my head.

Per NFL.com Bitonio also has the best 40, vertical jump, broad jump, 20 yd & 3 cone results of ALL the OL in this draft.

@mikefreemanNFL: Source confirms to me ESPN report Josh Gordon faces suspension and source says chances of reduced penalty "not all that great."
If the Browns have known about the situation for 2 weeks and didn't take a WR yet either they think he isn't going to be suspended or they have some other drafting plan in place.I guess we will find out soon.
There's still a few useful veterans like Santonio Holmes and Miles Austin out there.
Didn't realize that... wouldn't mind taking a flyer on Holmes.

Evan Silva‏@evansilva18m

#Browns updated Offensive Line:

LT Joe Thomas

LG Joel Bitonio

C Alex Mack

RG John Greco

RT Mitchell Schwartz
I like this... I don't watch the line as much as some of you, but it seems like it takes Schwartz a few games to wake up and then he's fine. Another guy I like in the 3rd is Mewhort from Ohio State. Guy is pretty versatile.

I like this... I don't watch the line as much as some of you, but it seems like it takes Schwartz a few games to wake up and then he's fine. Another guy I like in the 3rd is Mewhort from Ohio State. Guy is pretty versatile.
Mewhort is A MEAN SOB.

Would be a Farmer/Pettine type guy for SURE

Soul I saw your post on the Browns forum.

I'm Memphis Brown there.
good stuff. I dont post there much, but am today

Evan Silva‏@evansilva18m

LT Joe Thomas

LG Joel Bitonio

C Alex Mack

RG John Greco

RT Mitchell Schwartz
Two years ago he was a rookie and he was facing Philadelphia's wide-9 pass rush in his very first start. Don't forget that was T-Rich's first start AND Brandon Weedon's first start. The first time in NFL history that ANY TEAM had ever started three rookies at, QB, RB, and O-line. No other team had ever started both rookie QB and RB before let alone three rookies.

Mitch struggled in that game but quickly came up to speed. He ranked in the top-five of ALL NFL RTs, not only rookies but ALL RTs over the final month and a half according to PFF.

Last year he struggled but we had issues galore with our G positions especially the RG who lines up next to Mitchell. Both Pinkston and Lavauo got injured and we had awful O'Neil Cousins starting next to him for the first two months.

During that time he injured his foot so it was a combination of putrid RG play and his own injury.

Over the final month of last year he once again started to round back into shape but he had injured his foot.

Pettine has been saying all along that Mitchell Schwartz is fine at RT. He's said it very-confidently so I think he will be fine.

The line looks good and we also signed Paul Mcstan or something like that from Seattle who can also play RG.

Adam Caplan ‏@caplannfl 1m
Last year, #Browns quarterbacks threw 9 TDs and 2 INTs when targeting Gordon and 17 TDs and 18 INTs when targeting all other players.

Evan Silva‏@evansilva18m

LT Joe Thomas

LG Joel Bitonio

C Alex Mack

RG John Greco

RT Mitchell Schwartz
Two years ago he was a rookie and he was facing Philadelphia's wide-9 pass rush in his very first start. Don't forget that was T-Rich's first start AND Brandon Weedon's first start. The first time in NFL history that ANY TEAM had ever started three rookies at, QB, RB, and O-line. No other team had ever started both rookie QB and RB before let alone three rookies.

Mitch struggled in that game but quickly came up to speed. He ranked in the top-five of ALL NFL RTs, not only rookies but ALL RTs over the final month and a half according to PFF.

Last year he struggled but we had issues galore with our G positions especially the RG who lines up next to Mitchell. Both Pinkston and Lavauo got injured and we had awful O'Neil Cousins starting next to him for the first two months.

During that time he injured his foot so it was a combination of putrid RG play and his own injury.

Over the final month of last year he once again started to round back into shape but he had injured his foot.

Pettine has been saying all along that Mitchell Schwartz is fine at RT. He's said it very-confidently so I think he will be fine.

The line looks good and we also signed Paul Mcstan or something like that from Seattle who can also play RG.
Sounds about right. I'm a halfwit. I just noticed that 3/4 of the games you didn't even notice Schwartz... which is what you want in an offensive lineman. The games I did hear his name were early. Makes sense based on what you just posted.

Last edited by a moderator:
I may be a supreme idiot - but my gut is telling me the Browns dont think Gordon is gone.
Or the Brown's front office are supreme idiots and are taking a very risky gamble. Hey, we got our QB! No one to throw it too, but we got our QB!!!!!!
I would say it's a much bigger gamble to draft for need reacting to bad news.
I would agree if there weren't good WR options there at the time. But there were some fantastic players available at the position, so it makes no sense.

Users who are viewing this thread