What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cleveland Browns (3 Viewers)

Heck, they can even keep Petine through this process. The coach isn't anywhere near as important as the GM if we did this.

And Petine isn't the worst ever, and is probably as good as whoever we would replace him with, so if they wanna keep him then fine. Just make sure he is guaranteed a few years of pay, and agrees with the understanding of "this is a total rebuild, you dont start a 38 year old QB over the young 1st round rookie".

kOOk said:
MAC_32 said:
kOOk said:
MAC_32 said:
kOOk said:
Yeah but how about their D in this next matchup?
the defense is one of the worst in the league.
It's a thoroughly depleted Baltimore team and on Monday Night. Tremblay has them ranked 2nd. Dodds 4th.
I'm all for creative thinking, but all this says to me is they haven't watched much of this defense this year. It's New Orleans bad.
The teams they played this year were not the trash bin they face Monday. No Smith, Flacco or Forsett. And they come off a bye for a rare nationally televised game.
There's no pass rush, the db's constantly get burned, they can't set the edge in the run game, lb's and safeties repeatedly over pursue runners in the open field or just plain miss tackles, they get run over in the four quarter once worn down, coaches are playing guys out of position, and they get penalized a ton.Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
2015 Browns Chat:

(I know, humor me)

Like the Matchup this week, McCown is going to be in a lot of lineups. How do like Travis Benjamin's chances? Seems like he did better with Manziel; Josh seems less inclined to take shots downfield.

kOOk said:
MAC_32 said:
kOOk said:
MAC_32 said:
kOOk said:
It's a thoroughly depleted Baltimore team and on Monday Night. Tremblay has them ranked 2nd. Dodds 4th.
I'm all for creative thinking, but all this says to me is they haven't watched much of this defense this year. It's New Orleans bad.
The teams they played this year were not the trash bin they face Monday. No Smith, Flacco or Forsett. And they come off a bye for a rare nationally televised game.
There's no pass rush, the db's constantly get burned, they can't set the edge in the run game, lb's and safeties repeatedly over pursue runners in the open field or just plain miss tackles, they get run over in the four quarter once worn down, coaches are playing guys out of position, and they get penalized a ton.Good luck.
I would agree here. I understand the idea that the RAvens have lost their offensive core, but we suck, and we have nothing to play for.

The Browns don't even have the added motivation of having been beat by Baltimore last time. So we suck, we beat them last time, and we have nothing to play for.

I am not saying they definitely won't be some sort of comedy of errors for the Ravens, but I just doubt it. They probably try and shorten the game as much as possible and run clock when they get the chance.

2015 Browns Chat:

(I know, humor me)

Like the Matchup this week, McCown is going to be in a lot of lineups. How do like Travis Benjamin's chances? Seems like he did better with Manziel; Josh seems less inclined to take shots downfield.
Yes, we will probably win this week. Baltimore might be the one team we are better than right now. Yayy

I would rather lose. Not joking. I want 2014 and #1 pick.

kOOk said:
MAC_32 said:
kOOk said:
MAC_32 said:
kOOk said:
I would agree here. I understand the idea that the RAvens have lost their offensive core, but we suck, and we have nothing to play for.

The Browns don't even have the added motivation of having been beat by Baltimore last time. So we suck, we beat them last time, and we have nothing to play for.

I am not saying they definitely won't be some sort of comedy of errors for the Ravens, but I just doubt it. They probably try and shorten the game as much as possible and run clock when they get the chance.
Appreciate all the input from both of you. Thanks. It's interesting that the FBG experts have them so high this week (#2 and #4). Dodds and Maurlie must mostly base there opinions and/or projections on the state of the Baltimore offense. At least much more than the Cleveland Defense. Because if what you two are saying - how bad this D is - then I find it hard to believe 2 experts could see this D so differently from 2 Browns experts.

On top of that, FBGs has them ranked 12th for the rest of the season.

I have never looked at rankings from any experts ever when setting my lineups, and I am one of the most successful FFPC dynasty players. I find the "experts" generally do nothing more than look at the couple previous weeks when making rankings, or throw a couple of total outlandish guys up at the top to try and get lucky and make themselves look good.

Some are better than others of course, or so people tell me.

Follow who you want to follow, but I bet you probably just do better on your own without the help of "experts".

You probably know more about the Browns than those experts. They are likely looking at the recent injuries for Baltimore and would pimp up ANY team defense that was going up against them this week, all without even bothering to notice how terrible the Browns defense is, how it lacks playmakers, how the playmakers we did have arent even playing, and so on and so forth.

Hey, they might get a lucky fumble return for a TD or something, sure, but I am not putting the Browns D at the top or even close to the top of any rankings no matter who they play.

just burn the stadium down and be done.
This is not a bad idea.

And to add to that, for some reason, I have lately felt that we would be a more attractive place for players/coaches if we had a dome.
no, i mean burn it down and build another ####ty brew pub there.no more football.
I know what you meant.

I am willing to try with a dome. If that dont work, we burn down the dome and build the best brewery ever

Holy cow, a dome? You guys have something special whether you know it or not. You have tradition and unwelcome elements, build off of that. You need a new owner.
Ask any of the players, coaches, or front office prospects if they give even half a #### about our tradition.

It is special for the FANS, but does not help us win. We would rather win.

Holy cow, a dome? You guys have something special whether you know it or not. You have tradition and unwelcome elements, build off of that. You need a new owner.
Ask any of the players, coaches, or front office prospects if they give even half a #### about our tradition.

It's not recruiting. I don't understand the whole dome theory up north. - I think it does help with winning. Packers, Seahawks, Pats, Bears, Giants, Eagles all seem to have profited from bad weather games in past playoffs and trips to the Super Bowl. The Lions and Vikes haven't gone to the SB in their dome era. The Saints were considered at a major disadvantage going up to Philly a couple years ago. And it's been a long time I know but even post 70s the Browns have a winning playoff record at home. Get a southern or dome team up there December through January and even late November and you have an advantage.

The Cleveland Browns still control one of the 32 NFL GM jobs and one of the 32 NFL Head Coach jobs on Earth. The "nobody is going to want to come here" stuff is silly. Guys in the relevant lines of work need those jobs more than those jobs need them.

Yeah, there might be some very proven guys with a lot of options that would hold out for something else. So what? We brought super-proven Mike Holmgren in here and he kicked back, drank Mai-Tais and collected checks.

The Cleveland Browns still control one of the 32 NFL GM jobs and one of the 32 NFL Head Coach jobs on Earth. The "nobody is going to want to come here" stuff is silly. Guys in the relevant lines of work need those jobs more than those jobs need them.

Yeah, there might be some very proven guys with a lot of options that would hold out for something else. So what? We brought super-proven Mike Holmgren in here and he kicked back, drank Mai-Tais and collected checks.
Ok fine, nobody wants to come here unless the other 31 teams say no.

It's not recruiting. I don't understand the whole dome theory up north. - I think it does help with winning. Packers, Seahawks, Pats, Bears, Giants, Eagles all seem to have profited from bad weather games in past playoffs and trips to the Super Bowl. The Lions and Vikes haven't gone to the SB in their dome era. The Saints were considered at a major disadvantage going up to Philly a couple years ago. And it's been a long time I know but even post 70s the Browns have a winning playoff record at home. Get a southern or dome team up there December through January and even late November and you have an advantage.
It's not recruiting?? Last I checked we don't draft coaches, GMs, scouts, or free agents.

I am not saying the team would play better if we had a dome, but I think it would help attract players to want to play here more. Am I right?? Who knows, but I know it's not really possible for there to be less interest in playing here if you are a free agent.

We need some very huge, huge, drastic changes here. Completely blow up the team/organization, get a dome, and hope that it somehow makes us more attractive to non-sucky coaches, player personnel people, and free agents.

Or, I guess we can just keep spinning or sucky wheel and never amount to anything ever. I prefer not to keep doing that.

calling it now:

if the Browns beat the Ravens on MNF, Farmer and Pettine get one more year.
Calling this now, you are incredibly wrong.

Farmer is already fired IMO. He has be the absolute worst drafting GM in the league, topped off by being the worst FA signing GM in the league. Sorry but, wow, no. He is fired.

Even Haslem isn't stupid enough to be hoodwinked if they win this one game at home against the current obvious worst team in the NFL. He is thinking of FUTURE national TV games as well ya know.

Why would Clev beating a terrible Balt team who is riddled with catastrophic injuries save anyone their job?
agree.

and forget about the dome ghost. that stadium is what, maybe 15 yrs. old?

maybe the better idea is to let haslem pull a model and move the team and change the name. then we get another shot at "expansion"

Why would Clev beating a terrible Balt team who is riddled with catastrophic injuries save anyone their job?
agree.

maybe the better idea is to let haslem pull a model and move the team and change the name. then we get another shot at "expansion"
put a retractable roof on the thing. Or a giant glass sphere. I dont care. Everything about the franchise needs to be overhauled. It's all terrible

agree.

put a retractable roof on the thing. Or a giant glass sphere. I dont care. Everything about the franchise needs to be overhauled. It's all terrible
That's not how it works.

OK, how about a win over the Ravens tonight, plus wins over the 49ers and Steelers?

think that would be enough for Pettine to get one more year?

agree.

That's not how it works.
They actually had plans and a price quote on that exact thing, or so they said on the radio. Cause as you know, everything you hear on the radio is true.

Either way, check and see if your sarcasm sensor is broken.

OK, how about a win over the Ravens tonight, plus wins over the 49ers and Steelers?

think that would be enough for Pettine to get one more year?
Umm, no.

A horrible year is a horrible year.

I am not saying Pettine will be gone. But I am definitely saying that if Haslem plans to fire him that Haslem is a total idiot to fall for the "we ended on a good note going 500 in our last 6 games, two of which were against bottom rung crap teams" stuff.

Although, maybe Haslem is a total idiot, so you could be on to something.

Do people actually think an open air stadium in cold weather and/or snow gives the Browns an advantage?? I mean really??

For one we will never make it to a meaningful game in that kind of weather, not to mention even if we did it's not like all our players are born and raised here and have played 50 crap winter weather games.

Total phantom advantage.

Do people actually think an open air stadium in cold weather and/or snow gives the Browns an advantage?? I mean really??

For one we will never make it to a meaningful game in that kind of weather, not to mention even if we did it's not like all our players are born and raised here and have played 50 crap winter weather games.

Total phantom advantage.
Built properly, sure.

Total phantom advantage.
Built properly, sure.
What on Earth does this mean?

Total phantom advantage.
Built properly, sure.
was the question rhetorical?

:thumbup:

Total phantom advantage.
Built properly, sure.
was the question rhetorical?
Would you please explain what you meant by "built properly"?

If you build a team properly then you can use the elements to your advantage. No hope for this team to build it properly though.

If you build a team properly then you can use the elements to your advantage. No hope for this team to build it properly though.
Ok, this is why I asked you to elaborate. I was talking about the open air stadium giving us an advantage, and you said "if built properly". I thought you were talking about the stadium, hence, why I asked you to elaborate.

I disagree with you anyway, since even if we did manage to build the team to fit the weather, it MIGHT give us an advantage maybe one game, maybe, considering other teams also play in crappy weather, we probably dont have home field throughout, plus the super bowl is usually nice weather.

PLus if you build a team for snow, you probably are at a disadvantage the first 13 games, making it sorta hard to make the playoffs, and even if you did, you wouldnt have any home games.

Cleveland doesn't get much snow before January. You build the team to handle cold and wind. A team full of soft midgets accomplishes the exact opposite of that.

Cleveland doesn't get much snow before January. You build the team to handle cold and wind. A team full of soft midgets accomplishes the exact opposite of that.
So you are saying build a good team. Well, yeah. You can have a dome and build a team that is good in the dome and also outside. Several teams are built that way right now actually.

Well that was entertaining at least. What a game.

Well, you got a nice lucky pick-6 from Dansby. That is like a 1 in a million. 10 points. Not bad.

Well, you got a nice lucky pick-6 from Dansby. That is like a 1 in a million. 10 points. Not bad.
It's his 2nd of the year, fwiw.

Users who are viewing this thread