What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cleveland Browns (6 Viewers)

At least we're not the Lions. :oldunsure:
Damn right.

Lions weren't going to let you beat us to the bottom. We had to find an even more ridiculous way to lose than you did on Monday.
Still not sure it was more ridiculous. I have seen way more Hail Marys than FGs in a tie game returned for a TD with no time left.
Both endings were rather ridic. It wasn't just a Hail Mary...it was an untimed down after a strange face mask penalty while the Packers were tossing laterals around.

At least we're not the Lions. :oldunsure:
Damn right.

Lions weren't going to let you beat us to the bottom. We had to find an even more ridiculous way to lose than you did on Monday.
Still not sure it was more ridiculous. I have seen way more Hail Marys than FGs in a tie game returned for a TD with no time left.
Both endings were rather ridic. It wasn't just a Hail Mary...it was an untimed down after a strange face mask penalty while the Packers were tossing laterals around.
Right but the BS facemask penalty wasnt the Lions fault. When the refs hand the other team the game it means you are unlucky. It doesnt add to how bad you are.

Well, we're both bad. I heard since 1999, we are only 5 wins behind the Lions.

But we have a more recent playoff win.

:thumbup:

that's like saying we're both useless wingmen (DET / CLE), banging the scraps when the lights come on at closing time at the bar, but ours was slightly less fugly.

my frat bro is from detroit and we talk each other off the ledge more than we should.

tank for ? I want to lose out and draft top 2.

ONLY chance we have in the next 5 yrs is to get a friggin QB.

We'll get a top two pick then the qb we pick will tear up his knee in a motorcycle accident ####### around in a parking lot.

that's like saying we're both useless wingmen (DET / CLE), banging the scraps when the lights come on at closing time at the bar, but ours was slightly less fugly.

my frat bro is from detroit and we talk each other off the ledge more than we should.

And if we did get the #1 pick and there was no stud QB to be had, we HAVE to trade down at least like two times and pick up two more 2017 1sts and hope maybe THAT is the year the next Luck or whoever comes out, and trade whatever we need to to get him.

It just HAS to be done that way. Has to.

We'll get a top two pick then the qb we pick will tear up his knee in a motorcycle accident ####### around in a parking lot.
Remember the commercial where the team drafts the guy #1 and he falls down the stairs walking to the stage? I could see something like that.

And if we did get the #1 pick and there was no stud QB to be had, we HAVE to trade down at least like two times and pick up two more 2017 1sts and hope maybe THAT is the year the next Luck or whoever comes out, and trade whatever we need to to get him.

Well no team has 2 2016 firsts and as of now nobody has 2 2017 firsts either. What then?

Well no team has 2 2016 firsts and as of now nobody has 2 2017 firsts either. What then?
Why would a team need two 2016 1sts or two 2017 1sts?

Trade pick 1 down for a high 2016 1st and a 2017 1st.

Then trade that 1st for another mid 2016 1st and another 2017 1st

Example, pick 1 traded down two times with the end result being something like pick 12 and two 2017 1sts.

Blow..............it..................up................like no other blow up before. New front office and coaches. Trade everyone. Tank the next couple years and stockpile 10 first rounders for 2018. Retain whatever young guys have promise.

0-16 the next two years is fine. The stadium will still sell out every game

All the while building a dome.

Last edited by a moderator:
If there are three 1st round QB's and two of them are going to be good the Browns will take the one that will be bad.

Look at the Manziel draft.

Manziel

Bridgewater

Carr

all on the board.

We not only take Manziel, we burn a 3rd round pick to move up and take him.

Guess who's back? Back again. Johnny's back! :excited:

Fantasy Championship right here. You know if Travis isn't done for the year.

My biggest fear is Manziel gets to start and plays well enough that we don't take a QB.

Browns keep #1 and take Bosa.

Not a huge fan of Bosa and his game translating to the NFL.

My biggest fear is Manziel gets to start and plays well enough that we don't take a QB.

Browns keep #1 and take Bosa.

Not a huge fan of Bosa and his game translating to the NFL.
- No running game

- No WRs who can make plays

- Joel Bitonio injured placing revolving door rookie Kam Irving at LG meaning any QB will be under instant pressure

- Defense putting the offense in a hole

- No margin for error

- team has checked out on coaching staff suffering worst loss since 2005 yesterday

- sloppy penalties on both sides of the LOS

- only weapons are TE Gary Barnidge and pass catching rookie RB Duke Johnson

Not the recipe for any QB to play well so if Johnny can overcome all of the above to force the team to not consider taking a QB next year then he SHOULD be named NFL MVP and be the rules for the HOF should be changed to elect him the second the season is over. Its not happening.

Even if we had a rushing attack, had all of our WRs healthy, had a defense that wasn't one of if not the worsta in the league, had a team that hadn't checked out mentally from a lame-duck coaching staff, and were competative and in the playoff hunt the schedule is brutal outside of the SF game Sunday but the Niners just knocked off Chicago on the road but after that we face:

- Seattle in Seattle and they are in the playoff hunt and they are just getting hot

- Kansas City in Kansas City and they are in the playoff hunt and are playing great

- Pittsburgh in the playoff hunt and they are in the playoff hunt

-------------------

Per Bosa. He has a high floor. I don't expect huge sack numbers but he's going to be a solid NFL player IMHO. The same cannot be said of any of the QB prospects but we will almost without question take one.

I want 2-14. Johnny has a nice shot at taking us there, and in more entertaining fashion than Davis. I am on board. Let's do it JF.

Sorry to all you Browns fans with the "I want to win now" mentality. Sorry, but it is not possible for the next couple years. I prefer we try and set the team up for something in 2018. I am not saying "try to lose", I just mean that every move we make needs to be with the intent of winning in 2018 and beyond.

There is no other way. We have the worst roster in the league.

Mayock was on a recent pod and next year's draft got mentioned. The host asked Mayock if he felt their were any potential franchise QBs and they all seem to think that their are two and possibly three legitimate franchise QBs.

The topic kept going back to one guy who they all like, QB Paxton Lnych. They ended that part of the conversation with the host saying the Cleveland Browns will take quarterback Paxton Lnych with the first pick in next year's draft.

Go to around the 10/11 minute mark to hear the QB conversation and Mayock's take.

LINK >> http://www.sports790.com/onair/the-proper-gentlemen-of-sports-52356/mike-mayock-on-the-proper-gentleman-14188620/

Mike Mayock from the NFL Network joined The Proper Gentleman of Sports and discussed the Texans' upcoming Sunday Night Football game against the Patriots, the NFL Draft, and much more.

Barnidge extension officially done.

-------------------------

Mary Kay Cabot@MaryKayCabot 6m6 minutes ago
#Browns Barnidge met with Jimmy Haslam before he signed extension. "It was me telling him I wanted to be here." Barnidge initiated meeting

Mary Kay Cabot@MaryKayCabot 9m9 minutes ago
Barnidge said he didn't opt to test the market because he wanted to repay #Browns. "I want to be part of the turnaround"

-------------------------

Just reported that WR Travis Benjamin he is 75-80% to extending.

Next year if Barnidge continues to play at his current level and Benjamin gets extended and also plays at his current level then just think of the possibilities if Josh Gordon makes it back and plays as he did in 2013 when he was the NFL receiving leader.

---------------------------

Nate Ulrich@NateUlrichABJ 3m3 minutes ago
#Browns WR Travis Benjamin said his agent continues to talk contract extension with franchise. Asked if they're close, he said it's 75-80%

----------------------------------------------

EDIT: Guess who JUST tweeted?

----------------------------------------------

Flash Gordon@JOSH_GORDONXII 3m3 minutes ago
In the best shape I been in over a year.. @TeamEXOS
1f3c3.png
1f4a8.png

One caveat on Manziel's future is Haslam, isn't he the big JM fan in the organization? That counts for a lot. So much ego with these owners, maybe he doesn't want JM to go to Jerry Jones. Stupid, infantile way to look at it but that might be the case.

How many ex-coaches is Cleveland paying right now, like 4-5? And they will soon be adding another I guess. If Haslam wants JM then JM stays. What the Browns need is a veteran football man to come in and run things. What used to be a Parcells but whatever the current equivalent would be. Unfortunately it all starts at the top and that may never be possible with Haslam.

One caveat on Manziel's future is Haslam, isn't he the big JM fan in the organization? That counts for a lot. So much ego with these owners, maybe he doesn't want JM to go to Jerry Jones. Stupid, infantile way to look at it but that might be the case.

How many ex-coaches is Cleveland paying right now, like 4-5? And they will soon be adding another I guess. If Haslam wants JM then JM stays. What the Browns need is a veteran football man to come in and run things. What used to be a Parcells but whatever the current equivalent would be. Unfortunately it all starts at the top and that may never be possible with Haslam.
He was a big fan. He's soured some. How much? I don't know and outside of Schiener I doubt anyone in the building really knows either.

You are right on every account. The issue is at the top with owner Jimmy Haslam. He is a carpet bagger owner who flies in late in the week with his buddies and they go to luxury boxes hidden from fans as a social gathering. He flies out and leaves no one in charge.

That is the problem ESPECIALLY on a losing team because guys are vulnerable and they can't display to anyone that they are doing their jobs so they vye to fill the ownership gap and turf wars begin between, coaching VS personnel.

"I can't sit here and say, 'Absolutely, we are all on board 100 percent.' No that is not reality."--Browns HC Mike Pettine when asked if the coaching staff and front office have been on the same page

Then whatever management that runs the business side of things is also under duress because someone always leeks to the media and then everyone is suspect so a vicious cycle begins and its all because the owner isn't a strong in-house established guy.

The Browns have had the worst owners since they have been back.

Al Lerner was a partial owner who lent his business jet to traitor owner Art Modell so the fans were suspicious of him from the start and he was old and died after only a few seasons. Al brought in Carmen Policy to run the business side but Carmen also wanted to run the football ops which was a disaster.

Randy Lerner took over when Al died. The son was weak and not cut out to be the front man of anything and he tried a number of different guys to run the organization and they all used the blueprint of Carmen Policy who took the money and ran. Mike Holgren was the worst of the lot.

Then Jimmy came and people thought, 'we finally got an owner' but he showed his stripes by brining in Joe Banner who brought in Mike Lombardi and then Jimmy had his FBI investigation and its been bad ever since.

Jimmy is the guy who discounted the $100,000 quarterback study that said we shouldn't take Johnny Manziel. He is the guy who fired his head coach after only one year and his GM and president and hired:

- GM with no experience

- HC with no experience

- HC hired a DC with no experience as a defensive coordinator

- HC hired an OC with no experience as an offensive coordinator

They were all inexperienced first timers learning on the job with a terrible team with a losing culture.

The issue is at the very top with Jimmy Haslam. He has to be THEE GUY and move to Cleveland and be at the facility and run his damn team. He can't fly in and fly out and leave the mess. Guys who are in-fighting trying to protect turfs or trying to run other parts of the team (see the text messaging fiasco when Farmer was vehemently trying to force Pettine to start Manziel). Its a mess and it starts with owner Jimmy Haslam.

I give Jimmy a lot of flack, deservedly so, but my understanding is he spends a lot of time in Cleveland during the season.

Thanks for the win Johnny. Way to help us get a worse pick to replace you in the offseason.
Haha. You aren't actually complaining about a win, are you???
I wanted to go 2-14. So yes, I am.

You aren't actually saying that beating the worst team in the league to go to 3-10 is something to be happy about are you? Nothing like good ol false hope for a week with a worse draft pick tacked on for good measure.

I am not sure if there is a top end QB talent in the draft for next year, but if there is, we can no longer get him.

But hey, this win feels great for 9 seconds so it's all worth it right? :shock:

Well I'll be damned. We still have the worst record in the league, tied with the Chargers and Titans, and should get stomped the next 3 weeks.

There is hope after all.

Well I'll be damned. We still have the worst record in the league, tied with the Chargers and Titans, and should get stomped the next 3 weeks.

There is hope after all.
The win dropped us two spots on the draft order.

The way Tennessee has been playing they'll probably lock up the top pick and San Diego isn't much better in the second spot.

Here is the current top-ten go to the link for the full read.

---------------------

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl-mock-draft/2015/12/13/10064384/2016-nfl-draft-order-titans-chargers-browns-cowboys

Three teams at the top have a 3-10 record, but a strength of schedule tiebreaker gives Tennessee the top choice over Cleveland and San Diego.

or now, here's the full 2016 NFL Draft order (will be updated after Monday's game):

1. Tennessee Titans: 3-10 (.498 strength of schedule)

2. San Diego Chargers: 3-10 (.527 SOS)

3. Cleveland Browns: 3-10 (.529 SOS)

4. Dallas Cowboys: 4-9 (.517 SOS - 3-8 in conference)

5. Baltimore Ravens: 4-9 (.517 SOS - 3-6 in conference)

6. Detroit Lions: 4-9 (.529 SOS)

7. San Francisco 49ers: 4-9 (.531 SOS)

8. Jacksonville Jaguars: 5-8 (.469 SOS)

9. New Orleans Saints: 5-8 (.512 SOS)

10. Chicago Bears: 5-8 (.524 SOS - 2-7 in conference)

Thanks for the win Johnny. Way to help us get a worse pick to replace you in the offseason.

You aren't actually saying that beating the worst team in the league to go to 3-10 is something to be happy about are you? Nothing like good ol false hope for a week with a worse draft pick tacked on for good measure.

I am not sure if there is a top end QB talent in the draft for next year, but if there is, we can no longer get him.

I know what you are saying. And at the same time, I prefer winning always over getting a better pick. You play to win the game! :)

I know what you are saying. And at the same time, I prefer winning always over getting a better pick. You play to win the game! :)
I would rather be a winning team than win yesterday.

It's never going to happen anyway, but that win yesterday is completely worthless and meaningless other than for some fans to feel happy for a half hour.

I am not saying the players/coaches should try and lose. That would be stupid of them. But as a fan who would like to see the team make the playoffs at some point in the next 40 years, losing yesterday would have actually improved the odds of that.

So yeah, I prefer a winning team over a meaningless win

It's never going to happen anyway, but that win yesterday is completely worthless and meaningless other than for some fans to feel happy for a half hour.

I am not saying the players/coaches should try and lose. That would be stupid of them. But as a fan who would like to see the team make the playoffs at some point in the next 40 years, losing yesterday would have actually improved the odds of that.

Such a sad post by somebody that obviously is anti-JFF.

How well has the "lets suck today so we can be better next year" theory worked for the Browns?

I would actually like to see them win another behind JFF so we can finally stop drafting QBs and actually draft some talent around him.

Hated the pick (less than the Gilbert pick, but still hated it), but how can we not start JFF the rest of the year? Would it be so bad if he won some games and we actually had a few receivers for him to throw to next year? I really don't want to draft another QB.

He has a better QBR (54.2) this year than:

Josh McCown
Blake Bortles
Andrew Luck
Colin Kaepernick
Peyton Manning
Joe Flacco
Sam Bradford
Ryan Tannehill
Nick Foles

And this is with arguably one of the worst WR corps.
Lets add a few more to the list.

Manziel 2015 QBR - 57.6

Those he is above:

21 Matt Hasselbeck 56.3

22 Matthew Stafford 55.8

23 Derek Carr 55.7

24 Josh McCown 53.9

25 Blake Bortles 49.8

26 Andrew Luck 47.6

27 Colin Kaepernick 47.1

28 Peyton Manning 45.0

29 Joe Flacco 40.9

30 Sam Bradford 38.3

31 Ryan Tannehill 34.0

32 Nick Foles 30.0

Such a sad post by somebody that obviously is anti-JFF. How well has the "lets suck today so we can be better next year" theory worked for the Browns?

I would actually like to see them win another behind JFF so we can finally stop drafting QBs and actually draft some talent around him.
I am not anti johnny. I am realistic about johnny. He isnt very good AND an immature moron. Thats tough to overcome.

However, i would love nothing more than for johnny to light it up to show we dont need a QB with a top pick next year. I simply realize the chances of that are so tiny that i am not even factoring it into my thoughts about what i want for this team.

Ideally he plays lights out and we still lose our last three games, we get pick 1, and our new GM deals it for a boatload.

Or we could win another meaningless game and cut our 2016 draft pick value in half. Sounds like a plan.

Hated the pick (less than the Gilbert pick, but still hated it), but how can we not start JFF the rest of the year? Would it be so bad if he won some games and we actually had a few receivers for him to throw to next year? I really don't want to draft another QB.

He has a better QBR (54.2) this year than:

Josh McCown

Blake Bortles

Andrew Luck

Colin Kaepernick

Peyton Manning

Joe Flacco

Sam Bradford

Ryan Tannehill

Nick Foles

And this is with arguably one of the worst WR corps.
Lets add a few more to the list.Manziel 2015 QBR - 57.6

Those he is above:

21 Matt Hasselbeck 56.3

22 Matthew Stafford 55.8

23 Derek Carr 55.7

24 Josh McCown 53.9

25 Blake Bortles 49.8

26 Andrew Luck 47.6

27 Colin Kaepernick 47.1

28 Peyton Manning 45.0

29 Joe Flacco 40.9

30 Sam Bradford 38.3

31 Ryan Tannehill 34.0

32 Nick Foles 30.0
Lets see how this turns out when you factor in these last three games against teams who give a damn.

If we win at Seattle and/or at Kansas City and/or vs. Pittsburgh (if the game means anything to them) with him under center then I'll happily take the worse draft pick. If we're winning those games then he's probably playing well and we can actually spend a premium pick on something other than QB. I don't trust him as far as I can throw him, but we also have McCown under contract next year. He showed me enough this year to think he's capable of holding down the fort, if necessary.

The never ending conversation around here is we'll never be any good until we get the QB right. I think, really, it's we'll never be any good as long as we keep picking QB's while other teams are getting better at other positions. There are many reasons this team is 3-10, but QB play is not in the top 10.

Even if QB play has not been one of our top weaknesses, it is still a weakness, and a top end QB makes everything much much better.

Of course we will suck if we keep picking QBs high, but we still have to go after QBs till we get a good one or we will never win.

Though obviously we should only go after qbs high if they are a top talent unlike what we did with guys like quinn, weeden, and johnny.

There is no QB coming out this year worthy of a number 1 pick. Fact is, there will be little difference to the Browns if they pick first or fourth due to the number of needs they have to fill. Except from the standpoint that they could trade back for more picks at 1 than 4 I suppose.

Users who are viewing this thread