What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cleveland Browns (9 Viewers)

Lets talk Isiah Crowell. How do you guys think Crowell will do against the steelers at home? Will it be a close game...(trying to keep Pitt out of playoffs), or will it be a lopsided affair? Big Ben with a weak performance vs the ravens lst week might suggest he may choke?, or bounce back? talk to me

Lets talk Isiah Crowell. How do you guys think Crowell will do against the steelers at home? Will it be a close game...(trying to keep Pitt out of playoffs), or will it be a lopsided affair? Big Ben with a weak performance vs the ravens lst week might suggest he may choke?, or bounce back? talk to me
Austin Davis is the qb. Our defense blows. Pittsburgh is angry.

I made a nice chunk in this same scenario a couple years back, Steelers in Cleveland week 17 needing a win while the Browns were out of it. Spread was only 3. Steelers won 41-7 I think

and Urban is no savior, just like Tressel before him.

the Buckeyes were awful this year once all the assistant coaches left. they have a good record because their players are so much better than their competition, which would not be the case with the Browns.
Urban has won at every college stop he's had including the perfect season at Utah. But he has no pro experience of any type and doesn't run a pro offense.

why did ben throw o tds and picks against the lowly balt def?? ....any given sunday,.. plus browns at home
Mike Tomlin coached Steelers routinely show up small in spots like that one. I don't think it's ever happened two weeks in a row though.

Just read the news Farmer is to be fired (on rotoworld that is, not actual news). Oh darn, what a shame to lose the worst GM in NFL history.

I dont care about Pettine, just as long as Farmer is gone

Hiring a coach with an eye on a redshirt freshman QB in college would be the ultimate long play.

That sound like Jimmy Haslam to you?

I remember Geep from the last search. Maybe it was for OC though.

Having a hard time fighting the urge to win to seal the Steelers fate for once.

So when Pettine is canned, the Browns will look to their 5th Head Coach in 7 seasons and 6th in 9 seasons.

2016 ????????

2015 Pettine

2014 Pettine

2013 Chudzinski

2012 Shurmur

2011 Shurmur

2010 Mangini

2009 Mangini

2008 Crennel

Change GM

Change coaches

check

Pains me to say all these things, but I think they have to be done if we ever want anything good to happen here

Trade several of our aging players who have value (yes this means thomas and Haden, as long as we get 1st rounder + compensation)

change uniforms, as in complete overhaul (just keep the Browns name, but nothing else)

begin plan for either retractable roof or dome

Likely none of that happens, but it needs to. Painful but necessary

new GM will not have final say on roster per Haslam.

wtf?
Nope, some lawyer cap dude.
Peter King@SI_PeterKing 29m29 minutes ago
Peter King Retweeted Adam Caplan

Hmmm. Hope the new coach likes analytics.

Adam CaplanVerified account@caplannfl
#Browns owner Jimmy Haslam promotes executive VP, general counsel Sashi Brown to executive VP of football operations.

Adam Caplan@caplannfl 32m32 minutes ago
Adam Caplan Retweeted Peter King

Had similar thought. And Brown will control 53-man roster.

Last edited by a moderator:
Change GM

Change coaches

check

Pains me to say all these things, but I think they have to be done if we ever want anything good to happen here

Trade several of our aging players who have value (yes this means thomas and Haden, as long as we get 1st rounder + compensation)

change uniforms, as in complete overhaul (just keep the Browns name, but nothing else)

begin plan for either retractable roof or dome

Likely none of that happens, but it needs to. Painful but necessary
Lauren Brill@LaurenBrill5 3h3 hours ago
Team source tells me Joe Haden lost respect in locker room. #Browns

Oh and get this. Justin Gilbert said he didn't want to play today according to this tweet:

Lauren Brill@LaurenBrill5 3h3 hours ago
Browns team source tells me Justin Gilbert told coaches he wouldn't go into game today. #browns

Thank god. Worst GM in NFL history.
Until our next one.
Not possible. Just not
Sticking with this?
Rumor is that Ron Wolf's kid is the target for GM.

Ron had spoken with Jimmy and his kid's name has come up for other GM jobs in the past but its only a rumor and they are not worth much however Sashi Brown is the guy who will make the final call on any personnel decisions which isn't conducive to finding the best GM candidate. Add Ron Wolf's kid has never been a GM before but he has literally been coached-up to be an NFL GM since he was a kid and has much more experience heading into any GM job than Ray Farmer had.

--------

Tom Pelissero@TomPelissero 50m50 minutes ago
Haslam on Sashi Brown: "He will have the ultimate say on the roster." So the "GM" will not decide who's on the team or who the coach is.

Jason La Canfora@JasonLaCanfora 1h1 hour ago
So the Browns will in fact have Sashi Brown atop football operations. He'll be very involved with coach/GM search

Head coaching rumors have already begun to fly.

---------

Jason La Canfora@JasonLaCanfora 12m12 minutes ago
Browns arequesting interviews with Teryl Austin, Doug Marrone, Adam Gase and others. Unique structure will be topic of conversation I'm sure

Jason La Canfora@JasonLaCanfora 3m3 minutes ago
Teryl Austin is going to be a hot candidate again. Will ge interest from multiple teams. Miami, Cleveland among them...

Jason La Canfora@JasonLaCanfora 2m2 minutes ago
Teryl Austin's agent, Eric Metz, said he is in the process of lining up initial interviews now. Metz also represents Mike Caldwell...

Jason La Canfora@JasonLaCanfora 1m1 minute ago
Mike Caldwell is Todd Bowles' assistant head coach who did a great job for upstart Jets this season and is gaining recognition as well

Users who are viewing this thread