What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cleveland Browns (8 Viewers)

You got me.  You win.  I agree, Sashi didnt even bother to try.  You would be the best lawyer of all time.

I wonder if Sashi is going to the parade?

Sashi shoulda stayed in the office and kept calling and offering the same things over and over.  Who cares if they keep saying no?  Its like in my dynasty leagues.  Some owners just keep offering the same things over and over hoping i will either change my mind or accidentally click accept.  

But nope, he spent 45 minutes trick r treating.  Probably with his phone left back at home as to not be bothered. 

Sashi shoulda stayed in the office and kept calling and offering the same things over and over.  Who cares if they keep saying no?  Its like in my dynasty leagues.  Some owners just keep offering the same things over and over hoping i will either change my mind or accidentally click accept.  

But nope, he spent 45 minutes trick r treating.  Probably with his phone left back at home as to not be bothered. 
Yep.  Haters gonna hate.  Funny, isn't it, how the hate comes first then everything is twisted / spun to that premise?  Speculation becomes truth.

Njoku, Ogunjobi and Myles ranked at top of the entire NFL rookie class.

PFF post season numbers underscores what we saw.

Myles best defender on the team.  Ogunjobi ranked fourth best in limited play.

https://twitter.com/BrianSpoon/status/949279593487364096

Top-5 @PFF graded #Browns on defense in 2017:

1. Myles Garrett - 88.4
  2. Briean Boddy-Calhoun - 84.5 
  3. Jason McCourty - 83.9
  4. Larry Ogunjobi - 82.
  5. 0errick Kindred - 82.0
----------------------------------

Breaking down how our top rookies ranked with the entire NFL rookie class.

--------------------------------

Eric Brown‏ @FauxIDs 17h17 hours ago

Replying to @BrianSpoon @PFF

• Myles = #1 rookie edge defender
  • Njoku = #1 rookie tight end
  • Ogunjobi = #2 rookie interior defender

Myles is a rare building block.

I loved Njoku heading into the draft and think he will make a significant leap next year.

Ogunjobi stood out in camp and the preseason.  I think he should be starting over Coley and I think that happens next year.

I'll add that Peppers was night and day from what I saw at the beginning of the year to what I saw at the end of the year.  I really like him as well and see him making a huge leap next year along with Njuko. 

Last edited by a moderator:
yup, good thing they fired Sashi and kept Hue.  

i’m going to go ahead and pencil in the parade on my calendar for next year. 

Bracie Smathers said:
Njoku, Ogunjobi and Myles ranked at top of the entire NFL rookie class.

PFF post season numbers underscores what we saw.

Myles best defender on the team.  Ogunjobi ranked fourth best in limited play.

https://twitter.com/BrianSpoon/status/949279593487364096

Top-5 @PFF graded #Browns on defense in 2017:

1. Myles Garrett - 88.4
  2. Briean Boddy-Calhoun - 84.5 
  3. Jason McCourty - 83.9
  4. Larry Ogunjobi - 82.
  5. 0errick Kindred - 82.0
----------------------------------

Breaking down how our top rookies ranked with the entire NFL rookie class.

Eric Brown‏ @FauxIDs 17h17 hours ago

Replying to @BrianSpoon @PFF

• Myles = #1 rookie edge defender
  • Njoku = #1 rookie tight end
  • Ogunjobi = #2 rookie interior defender

Myles is a rare building block.

I loved Njoku heading into the draft and think he will make a significant leap next year.

Ogunjobi stood out in camp and the preseason.  I think he should be starting over Coley and I think that happens next year.

I'll add that Peppers was night and day from what I saw at the beginning of the year to what I saw at the end of the year.  I really like him as well and see him making a huge leap next year along with Njuko. 
How did Ogbah not make the list? I thought he was the most impactful player on D.

Alex Smith and Darnold. 

Watch. 
Maybe.  If they think Darnold will become a pro-bowl quality player, I could see it.  That scenario begets the question of how to measure a college QB's ability to develop.  Right now, Kizer shows me as much ability.  Will either of them develop into a top tier QB?  How would anyone know?  What do you look for? 

As much as Ive fallen out of favor with Darnold, if we let him sit and develop for 1-2yrs behind Smith, I'll allow it. 

Smith throwing to our weapons would be a dramatic uptick. As much as I dont love him, we're winning about 6 next season w him, w potential for more.

If we get Smith, you have to go QB at 1 - we'd FINALLY be set up for long term success

If we get Cousins, I genuinely think Barkley at 1 is a good pick. 

I do like me some Crowell (run), and Duke (pass)... But Barkley replaces both, on a whole new level.

If we get Smith, you have to go QB at 1 - we'd FINALLY be set up for long term success

If we get Cousins, I genuinely think Barkley at 1 is a good pick. 

I do like me some Crowell (run), and Duke (pass)... But Barkley replaces both, on a whole new level.
If we sign cousins then there is no QB high this year, which i would be fine with.

Cousins will require a long term deal and if thats the case then COUSINS is our "QB of the future".   I think he will just be hitting 30 when next season starts.  

Put me in the Smith and Darnold combo. I like Mayfield as well, but don't see him as a #1QB. Gotta go with Darnold on this one. As long as it's not Glass Joe, errr I mean Josh Rosen.

Dr. Octopus said:
Since this will be the third consecutive time the tag would be $34.5MM if the Skins use it on Cousins. Seems almost impossible that they could do that.
They could transition tag him for $28M.

Are you sure?  And if some what exactly would that mean?
Yes they definitely can.  Transition tag gives the player the right to negotiate offers with all other teams.  Should the player accept (sign) an offer from another team, the original team has the right to match but no compensation should they decline to match.

Franchise Tag has two flavors - Exclusive and Non-Exclusive.  Exclusive means the player may not negotiate with any other team.  Non-exclusive means the player may take offers from other teams but if the players signs an offer from the original team may match the terms of that offer.  Should the original team decline to match, they would get two first round picks from the team that signs the player.

Are you sure?  And if some what exactly would that mean?
"But the Collective Bargaining Agreement provides another route. Washington could apply the franchise tag this year and the transition tag in 2018. By rule, this would result in only a 20-percent increase over Cousins’ $23.94 million compensation in 2017.

While the transition tag carries no compensation, it would Washington the right to match any offer Cousins attracts on the open market in 2018. The question then would be whether Cousins wants to sign an offer sheet that Washington would be inclined to match, or one that Washington wouldn’t match."

https://twitter.com/terrypluto/status/950345388468432896

Seems like the Browns were willing to offer the 1.04 (Houston pick) for Garopolo and the Pats had no interest in moving him there.

There were other reports of the front office people going home early near the deadline. The Garoppolo deal was supposed to show they were not doing their jobs.

But the information I received back then was right, even though it made little sense to me.

Truth is: The Browns (and everyone else but San Francisco) never had a chance to discuss a Garoppolo deal.

I know that Brown was willing to part with Houston's first-round pick and other goodies. He would have been willing to help Belichick shop around for a backup quarterback to help the trade work.

Last edited by a moderator:
How did Ogbah not make the list? I thought he was the most impactful player on D.
Ogbah was not a rookie this year.

He was a rookie in 2016 and finished third in total QB pressures only to Joey Bosa and Yannick Ngakoue.

He was recognized as one of the best up-and-coming second year players this year before his injury.

Go to the link for the full read.

https://dawgpounddaily.com/2017/06/02/cleveland-browns-emmanuel-ogbah/

Emmanuel Ogbah working hard to build on solid rookie season

Seems like the Browns were willing to offer the 1.04 (Houston pick) for Garopolo and the Pats had no interest in moving him there.
Well that changes things a lot.  So the question (that we'll probably never really get answered) is did he do it to spite Kraft?  Or was he really being a humanitarian and doing it for JG's benefit?  I'm gonna lean toward the former, BB's never been one to worry about what's best for the (former) player vs. the team.

Not quite accurate.

The Patriots traded Jimmy-G on October 31st and their record was 4-7.

At that time the pick Clevaland owned by Houston was not the #4 pick.

It was in the 9 to 12 range.

Being even more accurate the Pats weren't even taking calls from the Browns the last week before the deal took place so Houston's record the week before Halloween at that time was 4-6 when the Browns would have even had an opportunity to make an offer.

They lost to Baltimore the week of the deal to lower their record to 4-7.  Five continuous losses pushed the final record to the 4th pick but at the time the Browns made their last offer the Houston pick was around the 12 to 15 selection not the 4th pick.

Not quite accurate.

The Patriots traded Jimmy-G on October 31st and their record was 4-7.

At that time the pick Clevaland owned by Houston was not the #4 pick.

It was in the 9 to 12 range.

Being even more accurate the Pats weren't even taking calls from the Browns the last week before the deal took place so Houston's record the week before Halloween at that time was 4-6 when the Browns would have even had an opportunity to make an offer.

They lost to Baltimore the week of the deal to lower their record to 4-7.  Five continuous losses pushed the final record to the 4th pick but at the time the Browns made their last offer the Houston pick was around the 12 to 15 selection not the 4th pick.
It’s just the pick that turned out to be the 1.04. That’s all I meant.

It’s just the pick that turned out to be the 1.04. That’s all I meant.
No one knows why Belichick 'seemed' to take a lower offer.  Patriot beat writer Mike Reiss put forth a number of reasons and one the reasons is Bill wanted to move Jimmy to the NFC so that he would not have to face him which makes sense.   So I think it was a number of things added together.

I've heard lots of things including a local Cleveland radio report stating that Belichick felt like he got the short end of the negotiations with the Browns FO during the Jamie Collins trade and did not want to deal with them again.  

I don't think anyone knows what happened but I doubt Bill Belichick would turn down the Houston pick if he felt it would climb to #4.

I'm sure their is more behind the scenes that we may never hear to get the full picture.

@RapSheet 

The #Browns are interviewing former #Bengals OC Ken Zampese today for their vacant OC job under Hue Jackson, source said. They'll interview #Texans QB coach Sean Ryan on Wednesday.

@RapSheet 

The #Browns are interviewing former #Bengals OC Ken Zampese today for their vacant OC job under Hue Jackson, source said. They'll interview #Texans QB coach Sean Ryan on Wednesday.
Hue: so, I'll be calling the plays and making the game plans. Wanna be our OC?

Sean Ryan:  :mellow:

Hue: sign right here, Kenny.

Browns fans: is it 2019 yet?

MAC_32 said:
Hue: so, I'll be calling the plays and making the game plans. Wanna be our OC?

Sean Ryan:  :mellow:

Hue: sign right here, Kenny.

Browns fans: is it 2019 yet?
I guess there's no way for Hue to do anything right, in your eyes, huh?

No one knows why Belichick 'seemed' to take a lower offer.  Patriot beat writer Mike Reiss put forth a number of reasons and one the reasons is Bill wanted to move Jimmy to the NFC so that he would not have to face him which makes sense.   So I think it was a number of things added together.

I've heard lots of things including a local Cleveland radio report stating that Belichick felt like he got the short end of the negotiations with the Browns FO during the Jamie Collins trade and did not want to deal with them again.  

I don't think anyone knows what happened but I doubt Bill Belichick would turn down the Houston pick if he felt it would climb to #4.

I'm sure their is more behind the scenes that we may never hear to get the full picture.
We had a offsite work trip Friday. During the trip, someone said there was an article out that said the reason the Pats traded him was because Brady went in to Kraft and said make it happen. Did anyone see this kind of story anywhere? I admittedly didn't look for it, mostly because I don't care why the Browns didn't get him. They didn't get him, and that's all that matters to me. But I wonder if there is any truth to the story.

@NathanZegura Just now on @Browns_Daily @john_keim just said that Cleveland is the “last place” he would envision Kirk Cousins playing in 2018 and said he would be “absolutely shocked” if Cousins signed here

@NathanZegura Just now on @Browns_Daily @john_keim just said that Cleveland is the “last place” he would envision Kirk Cousins playing in 2018 and said he would be “absolutely shocked” if Cousins signed here
5 years 150 million bucks says he would be wrong.............................but yeah, I dont see him here either.  

Users who are viewing this thread