What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cleveland Browns (7 Viewers)

Too much downside for my blood, but I'm not a GM/scout. For this to work, Weeden has to be starter day 1 and pay dividends no later than year 2... by dividends, I mean playoffs and moving forward.

If Weeden is the pick, then he better be the starter day 1 and pay dividends immediately.
He has to be... with the 22nd pick, and him being 28... dude is the starter. Hope to god he's ready for it...Could really set our franchise back if he's not the guy. :kicksrock:
Agreed.... My boner just deflated to be honest... waiting to see what's behind girl #2's pants... she's wearing too many clothes.

It feels like every year I complain about the same thing. Browns draft skill position players high. Steelers build their OL and DL. And they beat our ### 2x every season. It never ends! This year they lose their minds and take Weeden. And the Steelers grab a top OL in DeCastro.

Every year, we end up in the same place.

Any chance the Browns can move McCoy for anything of value now?
doubt they will move McCoy. Wallace could go though.
I agree that would be the smart move, but I just wonder if McCoy has the mentality to accept a back-up role.
don't think there's going to be much demand for him, he's not going to have much choice but to accept it.
Probably so.... was kind of hoping they could get a 5th for him.

So tonight is simply an admission of failure from H&H for McCoy and Hardesty. Way to go, fellas.
:lmao: Typical. Hardesty was a 2nd round pick who blew an ACL. McCoy was a 3rd round pick. But you're right, they should hit on every single pick and never look to upgrade.

Last edited by a moderator:
So tonight is simply an admission of failure from H&H for McCoy and Hardesty. Way to go, fellas.
:lmao: Typical. Hardesty was a 2nd round pick who blew an ACL. McCoy was a 3rd round pick. But you're right, they should hit on every single pick and never look to upgrade.
Hardesty was a bad gamble imo. 2nd round was too high for a RB w his injury history. on the flip side, the gamble did pay off with Ward.

bgp, enough already
:goodposting: Seriously man.BGP's draft:1st - OT2nd - OG3rd - DT4th - DE5th - DE6th - OT7th - OGChampionship!!! :excited:
:lmao: That almost looks like a Steelers draft, at least the high picks.Seriously.Let's look at the first two selections the Steelers have had in the last FOUR drafts:2012:Round 1: OG David DeCastroRound 2: ????2011: Round 1: DE Cameron HeywardRound 2: OT Marcus Gilbert2010:Round 1: C Maurkice PounceyRound 2: LB Jason Worlidis2009:Round 1: DT Ziggy HoodRound 3: OT Kraig Urbik (no second round selection that draft)LOOK at that. In the last 4 years, they've only taken ONE player NOT in the trenches in their top 2 picks. They are actually DOING what you are mocking me for....

The Steelers, as evidenced by their drafts, don't give a crap about skill position players. They just beef up the lines and maul everyone.

Hardesty was a bad gamble imo. 2nd round was too high for a RB w his injury history. on the flip side, the gamble did pay off with Ward.
I agree. You win some, you lose some. My point was that neither guy was a 1st round pick and expected to be the face of the franchise and that no team hits on every pick. I still think Heckert has hit more than he's missed. Throwing a fit over a 2nd round pick who blew an ACL is kind of lame. Not to mention that the guy is still on the roster. Last year was Hardesty's 1st year back from the ACL tear, and we know that recovery usually takes 12 to 18 months.... so it's possible that Hardesty could still be an asset. Richardson, as good as he is, is not going to get every carry. McCoy was a 3rd round pick and a flyer at the time. He wasn't horrible.... there could be worse back-ups.Sorry, I just get tired of the #####ing and moaning from some Browns fans. Sound like a woman. I usually try and turn negatives into positives. Like the Weeden pick.... not feeling great about it, but I trust Heckert and because I trust him, I'm somewhat excited to see Weeden play and wipe away my skepticism.

Last edited by a moderator:
I gave myself an hour before I posted.... Here it goes.

We gave up an A+ first round. We took an A+ and decided we'd rather be a high school dropout.

De Castro. Mercilus. Reiff.... NOPE!!!

Players who had NO business falling that far, fell straight into our lap AND WE PASSED FOR WEEDEN!!!????!!!!???

I'm sorry.... to each and every one of you who pitched the "faith in heckert" line, I fully expect that fith has now been pissed all over.

from a moment of glory at 3, to a coldblooded backhand with Weeden.

This team will NEVER learn.

Users who are viewing this thread