What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cleveland Browns (8 Viewers)

bgp, enough already
:goodposting: Seriously man.BGP's draft:1st - OT2nd - OG3rd - DT4th - DE5th - DE6th - OT7th - OGChampionship!!! :excited:
:lmao: That almost looks like a Steelers draft, at least the high picks.Seriously.Let's look at the first two selections the Steelers have had in the last FOUR drafts:2012:Round 1: OG David DeCastroRound 2: ????2011: Round 1: DE Cameron HeywardRound 2: OT Marcus Gilbert2010:Round 1: C Maurkice PounceyRound 2: LB Jason Worlidis2009:Round 1: DT Ziggy HoodRound 3: OT Kraig Urbik (no second round selection that draft)LOOK at that. In the last 4 years, they've only taken ONE player NOT in the trenches in their top 2 picks. They are actually DOING what you are mocking me for....
You're posting Steeler's drafts AFTER they have their QB situation squared away.

Mooch pointing out that Weeden beat all three QBs drafted ahead of him this year.
read that a few days ago, kinda funny.
Honestly, if the guy was 22 this thread would probably be ecstatic about the pick (with one exception).
please don't take this comparison too far, but how old was Favre when he finally retired? 41?
I like Weeden. I just didn't like him at 22 with what was left on the board. I didn't think there was a threat to take him before we were up again. With that said if we have 6-8 years of starting caliber play from him and no more QB carousel I think it is safe to say we'll all be happy. Either way he's ours now so we might as well get on board and see what happens. :football:

I hope I regret every word I just said.

But right now, Im not pleased. he was ours with our next pick, there was NO need to reach like that with the quality left on the board.

ugh.

bgp, enough already
:goodposting: Seriously man.BGP's draft:1st - OT2nd - OG3rd - DT4th - DE5th - DE6th - OT7th - OGChampionship!!! :excited:
:lmao: That almost looks like a Steelers draft, at least the high picks.Seriously.Let's look at the first two selections the Steelers have had in the last FOUR drafts:2012:Round 1: OG David DeCastroRound 2: ????2011: Round 1: DE Cameron HeywardRound 2: OT Marcus Gilbert2010:Round 1: C Maurkice PounceyRound 2: LB Jason Worlidis2009:Round 1: DT Ziggy HoodRound 3: OT Kraig Urbik (no second round selection that draft)LOOK at that. In the last 4 years, they've only taken ONE player NOT in the trenches in their top 2 picks. They are actually DOING what you are mocking me for....
You're posting Steeler's drafts AFTER they have their QB situation squared away.
What do you want me to say? That the Steelers showed endless patience with Korky after drafting him in 1995? And spent that time building up their trenches instead and winning lots of games instead of taking QBs high every other year?

Mooch pointing out that Weeden beat all three QBs drafted ahead of him this year.
Honestly, if the guy was 22 this thread would probably be ecstatic about the pick (with one exception).
please don't take this comparison too far, but how old was Favre when he finally retired? 41?
I like Weeden. I just didn't like him at 22 with what was left on the board. I didn't think there was a threat to take him before we were up again. With that said if we have 6-8 years of starting caliber play from him and no more QB carousel I think it is safe to say we'll all be happy. Either way he's ours now so we might as well get on board and see what happens. :football:
And that's the killer. Even if you like him, you knew he probably was going to be there later.

I waited awhile to post.

No idea what Heckert was thinking taking Weeden there.

I sincerely hope someone in the media asks him WTH he was thinking there.

Take one of the high quality linemen and if you love Weeden that much trade back up from 37.

As others have said, who was going to take him in the first round there?

I am very disappointed with that pick there.

We have to go RT at 37 don't we?

I hope Massie is still on the board there.

And that's the killer. Even if you like him, you knew he probably was going to be there later.
No you don't.

With Rieff and DeCastro still on the Board I could not believe they passed on that and still went Weeden. Completely agree he would have been there at 37 or possibly the 3rd round (I really hope the Browns didn't draft him at all). The guy only has 5 to 6 years of football in him assuming he can jump in and play at this level. Ugh, what a waste of a pick.

I waited awhile to post.No idea what Heckert was thinking taking Weeden there.I sincerely hope someone in the media asks him WTH he was thinking there.Take one of the high quality linemen and if you love Weeden that much trade back up from 37.As others have said, who was going to take him in the first round there?I am very disappointed with that pick there.We have to go RT at 37 don't we?I hope Massie is still on the board there.
If you use your second round pick on OL, are they basically saying we give up on passing in 2012? Would still have worst WRs in the league.

:lmao: :lmao:When did all the chicks invade this thread? What a bunch of pansies in here.IT'S ONE ####### ROUND YOU SKIRTS!
C'mon WG... cut it to me straight.I know Im overreacting because I expected a much better choice at 22, but it could work out.But at this moment in time, in total honesty, rate these first 2 picks from best to worst.Rich+WeedenRich+De CastroRich+MercilusRich+Reiff

:lmao: :lmao:

When did all the chicks invade this thread? What a bunch of pansies in here.

IT'S ONE ####### ROUND YOU SKIRTS!
C'mon WG... cut it to me straight.I know Im overreacting because I expected a much better choice at 22, but it could work out.

But at this moment in time, in total honesty, rate these first 2 picks from best to worst.

Rich+Weeden

Rich+De Castro

Rich+Mercilus

Rich+Reiff
no way that's 1 imo

C'mon WG... cut it to me straight.I know Im overreacting because I expected a much better choice at 22, but it could work out.

But at this moment in time, in total honesty, rate these first 2 picks from best to worst.

Rich+Weeden

Rich+De Castro

Rich+Mercilus

Rich+Reiff
no way that's 1 imo
I know it's not... I put it at #4 in my rankings. I want to see what he or others think.It sure as hell aint 1 though

Rich+Weeden

Rich+De Castro

Rich+Mercilus

Rich+Reiff
Is it my 1st choice? Hell no. Wanted Reiff.But Heckert has shown and proven he knows talent and what he's doing in the draft. I'll reserve judgment until all 7 rounds are complete. This overreacting #### is ridiculous.

Rich+Weeden

Rich+De Castro

Rich+Mercilus

Rich+Reiff
Is it my 1st choice? Hell no. Wanted Reiff.But Heckert has shown and proven he knows talent and what he's doing in the draft. I'll reserve judgment until all 7 rounds are complete. This overreacting #### is ridiculous.
Do Hardesty and McCoy count in his talent evaluation? 2 years later picking their replacements early in the draft.

I waited awhile to post.No idea what Heckert was thinking taking Weeden there.I sincerely hope someone in the media asks him WTH he was thinking there.Take one of the high quality linemen and if you love Weeden that much trade back up from 37.As others have said, who was going to take him in the first round there?I am very disappointed with that pick there.We have to go RT at 37 don't we?I hope Massie is still on the board there.
If you use your second round pick on OL, are they basically saying we give up on passing in 2012? Would still have worst WRs in the league.
The odds of finding a quality WR at 3.04 are pretty good compared to other positions. I agree with taking WR late.

:goodposting:

1.) Fensalk is a closet Steelers fan just here to annoy us. Well done Fensalk.

2.) Seriously, some of you need to step away. If all you're going to do is complain, complain, complain, then what's the point? I really don't understand how that's being a fan, or even fun. I'm not saying that an occasional complaint is not warranted, but some of you complain about some things BEFORE they happen, and then almost everything after it happens.

3.) Go Browns.

Rich+Weeden

Rich+De Castro

Rich+Mercilus

Rich+Reiff
Do Hardesty and McCoy count in his talent evaluation? 2 years later picking their replacements early in the draft.
Hardesty got injured -- so, no, he doesn't count. (The knee he never had any problems with.) And, McCoy was a third round pick that showed more than expected. What do you expect from a qb taken in the third?

no way to really know if they could've gotten Weeden at the #37. if they say he was the BPA i have to believe them.

IF they got a pro-bowl RB and a starting QB in the first round, fans have to be happy with that, don't they?

no way to really know if they could've gotten Weeden at the #37. if they say he was the BPA i have to believe them.IF they got a pro-bowl RB and a starting QB in the first round, fans have to be happy with that, don't they?
You'd think.Didn't go exactly as I would have liked but I'm not going to complain about what we just got. HUGE upgrades to our offense.

IF they got a pro-bowl RB and a starting QB in the first round, fans have to be happy with that, don't they?
This one is.We all wanted RB/WR/OL/QB in some way, shape or form. When the WR we targeted got snagged Heckert took the QB. It was absolutely no secret they loved Weeden so it wasn't a shock. Should they have gone OL at that point? Maybe but look at the choices we have left coming our way today, not bad. I expect St. Louis to snag Hill with the 2:1 pick so we have a choice of 3 pretty good OL. Grab a burner in the 3rd or even try to trade back into the 2nd to grab someone they like and how has the draft drastically changed from what you envisioned?I do not like the way the Colt thing is unfolding. Reports out they told him yesterday afternoon that they wouldn't take a QB. Heckert, if for nothing else, doesn't lie. He's about as honest as you get when you can get some information out of him. My hope is they kiss & make up and bring Colt back as the #2 and boot the mother####er Wallace to the curb. I've never thought Colt was the answer, a serviceable back-up but not a true starter. I think he can handle that role just not maybe in Cleveland given the history.

This one is.We all wanted RB/WR/OL/QB in some way, shape or form. When the WR we targeted got snagged Heckert took the QB. It was absolutely no secret they loved Weeden so it wasn't a shock. Should they have gone OL at that point? Maybe but look at the choices we have left coming our way today, not bad. I expect St. Louis to snag Hill with the 2:1 pick so we have a choice of 3 pretty good OL. Grab a burner in the 3rd or even try to trade back into the 2nd to grab someone they like and how has the draft drastically changed from what you envisioned?
i was just going to ask about the OTs that are left. maybe he had a plan after all?

I liked the trade up for Rich, some people are saying they did not need to do it but they cannot know that, nor could the browns.

Don't like the Wheeden. For those saying it is one pick, it is not just one pick, it is a pick of a QB, in the first round. You have to give this guy a few years now and if he flames out you could well be looking for a QB again in 2015

looks like Martin, Adams, and Massie are the top three tackles left.

seems like a lot of Browns fans don't like Adams. what about the other two?

I think they trade Colt. If they can get a good WR or OT or even use him to move up they could end up with decent upgrades at all 4 positions.

2.) Seriously, some of you need to step away. If all you're going to do is complain, complain, complain, then what's the point? I really don't understand how that's being a fan, or even fun. I'm not saying that an occasional complaint is not warranted, but some of you complain about some things BEFORE they happen, and then almost everything after it happens.
You must not have been a Browns fan for long.Fans pay the freight and have the right to complain as much as they want. You can rah, rah all you want, but that doesn't change the fact that bad decisions were made all the way around.

looks like Martin, Adams, and Massie are the top three tackles left.seems like a lot of Browns fans don't like Adams. what about the other two?
I'll take any of those 3.If they pass on WR at 37 it shows how much confidence they have in Little.Wouldn't shock me to see them go OLB or CB at 37.

You must not have been a Browns fan for long.Fans pay the freight and have the right to complain as much as they want. You can rah, rah all you want, but that doesn't change the fact that bad decisions were made all the way around.
What bad decisions?

looks like Martin, Adams, and Massie are the top three tackles left.

seems like a lot of Browns fans don't like Adams. what about the other two?
I'll take any of those 3.If they pass on WR at 37 it shows how much confidence they have in Little.

Wouldn't shock me to see them go OLB or CB at 37.
I would be happy with Janoris Jenkins (the Florida reject guy) at the pick. A lot of smart people saying that talent-wise he is the 2nd best CB in the draft. Either him or Martin if he is available. Mike Adams I want nothing to do with after his lackluster bench numbers. And I am an OSU homer.

What bad decisions?
1. If you were a believer in McCoy, not getting a deal done for RG3. Looks like the Rams screwed the pooch here too.2. Telling McCoy yesterday that you weren't drafting a QB. That outright lie will bite them in the behind down the road.

3. Using that second first on Wheeden at that time. They needed to either trade down or draft another player and then use #37 to move back into the first. They easily could have had a top ten talent and Wheeden if they had played things correctly.

1. If you were a believer in McCoy, not getting a deal done for RG3. Looks like the Rams screwed the pooch here too.
Browns were never giving up all those picks for RGIII. Glad they didn't too.
2. Telling McCoy yesterday that you weren't drafting a QB. That outright lie will bite them in the behind down the road.
Bummer. #### happens. Deal with it McCoy.
3. Using that second first on Wheeden at that time. They needed to either trade down or draft another player and then use #37 to move back into the first. They easily could have had a top ten talent and Wheeden if they had played things correctly.
There's no way of knowing who would be where at #37 or who could trade up at anytime to grab Weeden. They liked him, they wanted him, they took him. Don't think that makes it a bad decision.

I wonder if the whole concussion/ Colt's daddy issue had anything to do with this.
I don't doubt that it played a part but we will never know. Sucks if it did becaue Colt's daddy was right.
looks like Martin, Adams, and Massie are the top three tackles left.seems like a lot of Browns fans don't like Adams. what about the other two?
I said it about 10 pages back, Adams in a Browns hat tonight would make me play in traffic and I'm an OSU homer as well. He's a big pile of goo and with failing the drug test at the combine, dumber than a ####### stone.Massie then Martin :thumbup:

Looking at who is left on the board, going Wr at 37 does make miore sense.OL LeftGlennMartinAdamsMassieSiatolu (yeah he's a guard)Shwartz (sp?)WRHillRandleTEFleenerAllenGo OL in the 2nd and possibly trade up from the 3rd round spot.I still believe we could have traded back in the 1st and taken Weeden.

I wonder if the whole concussion/ Colt's daddy issue had anything to do with this.
I don't doubt that it played a part but we will never know. Sucks if it did becaue Colt's daddy was right.
I said it about 10 pages back, Adams in a Browns hat tonight would make me play in traffic and I'm an OSU homer as well. He's a big pile of goo and with failing the drug test at the combine, dumber than a ####### stone.Massie then Martin :thumbup:
:goodposting:I believe Massie is a better run blocker than Martin and Martin played left tackle last year.Massie is a right tackle with more strength than Martin.Adams no no no.

think they'll go OT in the second, maybe a WR in the third.

sounds like they are looking for a one dimensional deep speed guy who can usually be found later.

Users who are viewing this thread