What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cleveland Browns (12 Viewers)

Maybe Fleener if he gets past the Colts...with the WR depth we can still pick up later this might not be a bad idea.
2 Stanford TE's of exact measurements on the field at the same time...it could work.
Moore or Alex Smith? :bag: I guess it comes down to what they think of Jordan Cameron and by all accounts they like him a bunch. Probably could make better use of the pick than TE. I think the Colts are going to take him anyways.Jenkins and Upshaw would be interesting non-WR/OL picks. I think we can go defense here and still be fine at OL/WR in the 3rd and 4th.

Based solely on potential, skill set and ability - Id Take Jenkins in a heartbeat.

But like Mac said, we usually shy from the "bad boys" early in the draft... But this guy is a BEAST. He's already shown that he can match elite WRs, and I wouldn't bat an eyelash if he was the pick.

Like I said, some high profile names have said Jenkins is every bit as good, or better than Mo Claiborne. If the guy managed to get his head on straight here, he'd be the steal of the draft

Last edited by a moderator:
Browns fans should at least have reason to be optimistic.
You're new here right? Browns fans don't do optimism. At best we are mildly pessimistic about the most upbeat situations. I'm shocked half of Cleveland isn't in flames over the Weeden pick.

Vikings GM Rick Spielman informed the Browns last evening that he had a competing offer for Trent Richardson at No. 3 overall.

"And I beat it. We were pretty fired up," said Browns GM Tom Heckert. "Trent was the guy we really wanted and I'm glad it worked out." Spielman also confirmed to SI's Peter King that the Bucs were "hot on TRich's tail" to the point that the Browns "had to pony up."
That's the #### I like to read.We wanted it and we went full on to get it!!!!

Man, we've been missing that.

Now move up today if you have to, get WR Hill, and Ill be a happy man.
Not as high on Hill as others are. Would prefer Randle.
ESPN's Bob Holtzman reported on SportsCenter that Stephen Hill of Georgia Tech may be as high as the No. 3-rated receiver on the Browns' draft board.

It sounds like Justin Blackmon was No. 1 and Kendall Wright was No. 2. The Browns must not have been particularly high on Michael Floyd. Cleveland currently holds the 37th pick, but there are rumors that teams may be willing to trade up to No. 33 for Hill. We'd expect Hill to be a Brown if he gets to 37.
We'll see... looks like they may go WR, regardless.
More options at OL then WR considering we need more WR's for Weeden.Expecting to see a Wr taken and whover falls to us out of

Randle, Hill, or Jeffery is ok.

I prefer Hill even though he is rawer due to his speed advantage, and run blocking ability.

Weeden has an arm, threaten them with a big speed guy to get the safety out of the box to help Richardson.

I like Weeden. I just didn't like him at 22 with what was left on the board. I didn't think there was a threat to take him before we were up again. With that said if we have 6-8 years of starting caliber play from him and no more QB carousel I think it is safe to say we'll all be happy. Either way he's ours now so we might as well get on board and see what happens. :football:
This.

So does it look like one of these 3 options are going to happen?1. Trade down2. Claiborne3. BlackmonAny other likely candidates?
The Browns best move is probably trading down and getting another first rounder next year, so they have 2 first rounders in 2013 in case they find themselves needing to trade up for Matt Barkley. They need a QB and I don't think Flynn is the answer, and that's if Flynn even signs with Cleveland and not Miami or someone else.
It's no secret they loved Barkley and it screwed them over when he went back to school. But Heckert has said this week that Brandon Weeden is very smart and ready to play now. He either is seriously considering him or it's a smokescreen.
Maybe they can sucker St Louis into giving up a 2nd rounder to move back up to 4 for Blackmon. Then take Richardson/Coples whoever at 6, WR at 22, Weeden and a DB in the 2nd.
Not too far off, Captain.

If Heckert actually had Weeden at #13 on their board... then I'm more comfortable with him going at 22. Since Wright went before 22, and there are a TON of OL and WR available now, then basically all we did was miss out on DeCastro at 22. If Heckert thinks Weeden is that good, then I'd rather have the QB than the OG right now- and I love O-linemen.

We can always resign Steinbach if we're in a pickle. We'll get a solid OT today. Not time to panic yet. Let's see what Heckert comes up with today. If we get starters at WR and OT then we'll be great.

Yea so that brings up what do you do with Colt if there is no interest? Pretty sure you can't bring him back without a helluva kumbaya moment.

Yea so that brings up what do you do with Colt if there is no interest? Pretty sure you can't bring him back without a helluva kumbaya moment.
if there's no interest, my guess is that Colt realizes what his value is, comes back in, works hard, and waits for his next opportunity. his only other choice is to ask to be cut.

Not a browns fan, I kind of hate them
2. Telling McCoy yesterday that you weren't drafting a QB. That outright lie will bite them in the behind down the road.
Bummer. #### happens. Deal with it McCoy.
i supposethere was no reason that #### had to happen thoughmaking a habit of lying to players for no reason is just a poor ideadeal with them like men
Broncos and Jets this offseason both made what the Browns did to Colt look miniscule with treatment of their quarterbacks. It's a dawg eat dawg business.
did the broncos ever tell tebow they were not looking at manning?ditto the jets and sanchezit is not drafting him, it is telling McCoy that day that they were not picking a QBno need to do that
Mary Kay Cabot ‏ @MaryKayCabot#Browns source said a report by espn's Schefter that club told Colt McCoy they wouldn't draft QB in 1st round was inaccurate.
B-Deep... :hey:

Kinda hoping we can move down 5-10 spots here if nobody is standing alone at the top of our board. There's gonna be great value mid-late 2nd round and we can get a pick back.

looks like we have our pick of OTs here. also, who the hell is Brian Quick?
Just one of the bunch of WRs teams are going to start valuing in the next 3 rounds. Little early maybe.I think he blocked the extra point (or was it FG) versus Mich.ESPN...still puts up QB and RB as team needs. Terrible.

if there's no interest, my guess is that Colt realizes what his value is, comes back in, works hard, and waits for his next opportunity. his only other choice is to ask to be cut.
The Chargers did something similar to Brees - look how that turned out. Who knows, maybe this lights a fire under McCoy and he beats out Weeden.

If Heckert actually had Weeden at #13 on their board... then I'm more comfortable with him going at 22. Since Wright went before 22, and there are a TON of OL and WR available now, then basically all we did was miss out on DeCastro at 22. If Heckert thinks Weeden is that good, then I'd rather have the QB than the OG right now- and I love O-linemen.We can always resign Steinbach if we're in a pickle. We'll get a solid OT today. Not time to panic yet. Let's see what Heckert comes up with today. If we get starters at WR and OT then we'll be great.
The only problem I had with the pick was what other team was going to take him before 37? Trade up if need be but I thought 22 was too high. It looks like they got the player they want though and if he turns out to be good then 22 vs. 37 won't matter.

The Chargers did something similar to Brees - look how that turned out. Who knows, maybe this lights a fire under McCoy and he beats out Weeden.
they mentioned that on nfl radio today. competition is usually a good thing.

Schwartz. not one of the three we were thinking.

anyone know about him?

at least i was right about the tackle. ;)

OVERVIEW

Schwartz is a versatile player who does many things well but doesn't stand out in any one area, and that's likely the rep that will stay with him through the draft. Schwartz is a guy who makes it off effort and smarts. He has decent size for a tackle, and doesn't display strong skills that would encourage a move inside to guard. His size and productivity at Cal will earn him consideration in the fifth or sixth round.

ANALYSIS

STRENGTHS He can get overpowered in the run game, but Schwartz plays with good technique. He is effective in his pass set and can sit back and let bigger players run into them yet still be effective by walling them off. He is a heady player who takes good angles to blocks and rarely falls off them.

WEAKNESSES Schwartz's average athletic ability is the greatest knock on him. He is a bit stiff in his movements and out of his stance, and can struggle when working to the second level. He may need to move inside because of the liability he could be outside at tackle.

Mayock's take: "This is a guy that wins ugly -- but he wins. His stock has been rising ever since the Senior Bowl. His technique and the angles he takes are phenomenal. He's a plug-and-play right tackle, so he better be a starter right away."

A+CFClassic Browns.Classic.
:rolleyes:How many people were congratulating the Browns for Jabal Sheard last year? Or TJ Ward before that?If there's one thing I trust Heckert with it's picking linemen. How much does the ### #### media know about Tackles anyways?

A+CFClassic Browns.Classic.
Why, because one thing posted here said 5th/6th? The only OT that we've been talking about that I haven't heard anything negative about is Massie. That's not to say he's perfect either or he'd be gone. Also, since nobody has made a trade yet it's pretty clear nobody wanted to strike early today. If Heckert took his #1 tackle left on the board over similar ranked players I think we at least owe this kid and front office a chance on the pick. I really don't think we wanted a guard so they probably thought Glenn wouldn't translate to RT in the pros.

I had him to the Browns in my final mock in the third round. He's a deep threat I figured they needed.
FINAL Fensalk Browns Mock:1.04 RB Trent Richardson1.22 OT Johnathan Martin2.04 CB Jayron Hosley - a team that makes CB a priority has to love this guy, so just a hunch here.3.04 WR Brian Quick4.04 DE prospect

I had him to the Browns in my final mock in the third round. He's a deep threat I figured they needed.
FINAL Fensalk Browns Mock:1.04 RB Trent Richardson1.22 OT Johnathan Martin2.04 CB Jayron Hosley - a team that makes CB a priority has to love this guy, so just a hunch here.3.04 WR Brian Quick4.04 DE prospect
Browns picked a lineman in the 2nd. They also picked linemen last year with their 1st and 2nd. Has that earned BGP's approval? Or should they have picked a lineman at 22 as well?

Browns picked a lineman in the 2nd. They also picked linemen last year with their 1st and 2nd. Has that earned BGP's approval? Or should they have picked a lineman at 22 as well?
A long snapper would've been a better pick at 22.

Do the Steelers pick linemen from Cal? Because it seemed like he wanted the Browns to do everything exactly like the Steelers.

Offensive overhaul in progress. They weren't lying!

I'm all in. Make Weeden a game manager type until he's completely comfortable and feed Richardson and keep feeding him the ball.

I like the fact that they have a plan and are working the plan. I'll take Criner next, please. Or Randle.

After a day to think about it, it comes down to this. Holmgren, Heckert, and Shurmur have staked their jobs to a reach at QB in round 1 who is 29 years old come kickoff time. If he is not the answer, if they have to consider Matt Barkley next draft, it won't be Holmgren or Heckert doing the considering. Randy Lerner is going to fire everyone and we start all over again.

That is a high risk move. No front office wants to be in this situation, but its where ours finds itself, and by its own making. Good front offices don't end up in situations like this, that I'm certain of.

The Browns will be starting a rookie QB this year who probably isn't all that good anyway. Its a developmental year against a brutal schedule. The only way the Browns don't end up with the top pick is if Weeden plays out of his mind.

I'll set the odds at 80% that Holmgren and Heckert are shown the door before the 2013 draft.

I'm all in. Make Weeden a game manager type until he's completely comfortable and feed Richardson and keep feeding him the ball.

I like the fact that they have a plan and are working the plan. I'll take Criner next, please. Or Randle.
:thumbup: Same here.I know a WR or two, or three is needed. That said, and I'm sure the whiners will flame for this statement, but I'm still high on Little and don't see a huge difference between him and Julio Jones. I didn't expect anything from Little last year because he was a converted RB turned WR, played what, 1 full season at WR in college? And then missed his senior season. Jones dropped his fair share of passes last year and had a better QB throwing to him, and an overall better offense around him.

I'm high on Greg Little. I think the Browns would do well to find a competent WR, preferrably a deep threat. Heckert can only do so much in this draft and it's not a draft rich in WR talent, so no need to draft a WR just to draft a WR. I hope they get a guy or two, but if not, then maybe they can sign an old vet after cuts to hold the fort down.

That isn't going to happen. 1. Pat Shurmur is still calling plays.

2. With Colt McCoy at QB last year, in year 1 of the WCO, Shurmur called 570 pass plays to 415 run plays. This is a pass-first team.

How do you ignore someone again? I'll keep looking, but any help in the meantime would be appreciated.

ETA: Never mind... found it.

Users who are viewing this thread