What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cleveland Browns (14 Viewers)

Nice knowin' ya, Antonio
Nothing lost there, IMO.  Just means more reps for Higgins.  Dude had hands of stone.  I'm guessing he failed another drug test, but we'll probably never know the real reason.

On the plus side, they activated OL Forbes.  He looked good before his injury.  Hoping he can add some needed depth - maybe replace Hubbard?  I'm afraid of Watt eating Hubbard alive tonight.  Need to get a real RT.

Was almost to the point where it was fun to be a fan again. Instead, break the brown bags back out. Simply can't continue to support this team in it's current state.

what the actual ####?

Was almost to the point where it was fun to be a fan again. Instead, break the brown bags back out. Simply can't continue to support this team in it's current state.
The Browns just can not stand success. Plan & simple. I hate that BS happened at the end of what was a pretty solid game by our guys. I sincerely hope Freddie got up in his ### as soon as he walked in the locker room but I doubt it. Regardless, I'd plan the rest of the season w/o him and probably 2-4 games w/o Oganjobi.

####### Browns gotta Brown :no: :wall:

Why this sentiment? The team doesn’t support his actions. Go watch Odell and Jarvis see the replay for the first time on live tv. Check out Bakers post game on field interview. 

That said, it will be interesting to see how the entire situation is handled by the league. Myles will get his. Pouncey/Larry should get a couple. Mason should too for his actions on the ground AND for continuing to charge at Myles who was already restrained by DeCastro.

Guy leads the league in personal fouls, if I'm not mistaken. He was quickly getting a rep breaking Siemian's ankle on a late hit and now he does this. Seems awfully odd how he's always finding really sick plays on the field.
I think there is a massive difference between late hits, unsportsmanlike conduct, and what happened last night.

I think there is a massive difference between late hits, unsportsmanlike conduct, and what happened last night.
It seems like an emerging pattern with him is what I'm saying, and it escalated crazily last night. But they're part and parcel to each other, to some degree. They're all undisciplined, emotive actions.

It seems like an emerging pattern with him is what I'm saying, and it escalated crazily last night. But they're part and parcel to each other, to some degree. They're all undisciplined, emotive actions.
Undisciplined? Yes. Both before the snap and after the throw. Yuge difference between that and dirty though. Last night's inexcusable action was the first thing he's done that had that thought flow through my head.

Garret was stupid for even rushing the passer hard on that play, stupider for actually going after Rudolph like the play mattered, even stupider for going after him at all after he threw the ball, and even stupider for retaliating after rudolph was pissed about it.

Alright...take a breath...

, stupider for actually going after Rudolph like the play mattered, even stupider for going after him at all after he threw the ball, and even stupider for retaliating after rudolph was pissed about it.
1.  The play did matter.  These guys play til the whistle is blown.  That's how they all play - not just Garrett, but even the Steelers Defense.  Do you think they let up just becuase they were down by 2 scores with less than 2mins to play?  Nope.

2. Watch the sack again.  Garrett buried his head into Rudolph while he had the ball in his hands.  He was going for the sack.  He had no idea Rudolph tried to throw it.  He was doing his job by sacking the QB.  It happens all across the NFL.  Nothing dirty on this play.

3.  This I agree with...No reason to go crazy with the helmet.  Rudolph was embarrassed and frustrated, so he was overly emotional.  Garrett fed into that and he also became overly emotional.  I'm sure things were said, and we all saw the physical confrontation from both sides that turned into an egregious action by Garrett with the helmet.  That escalated way too quickly and looked purely emotional.

I'm not condoning Garrett's actions at all, but I think you're becoming a little too emotional yourself.  If Garrett would've stopped after the sack and walked away, you wouldn't be talking about your first two points.  That is football.  Your third point is an issue and is not football.  

Good job by the defense last night, especially Burnett and Joe the Show.

eta:  Baker needs to improve.

Last edited by a moderator:
Baker needs to improve.
If you look at the last four games, you can see his improvement.  

Vs PIT, BUF, DEN, NE....who all have arguably top 10 defenses in the league, Baker's stats:

90 of 143 (63% Completion) for 898 yds, 6 TD and 1 INT

The first 6 games....

112 of 198 (57% Completion) for 1496 yds, 5 TD and 11 INT

Is it perfection? No.  

Is it improvement?  Most definitely.

Browns’ DE Mayles Garrett suspended indefinitely

Browns’ DT Larry Ogunjobi suspended one game

Steelers’ C Maurkice Pouncey suspended suspended three games

Both teams fined $250,000, Garrett must meet with Commish before reinstatement

https://twitter.com/NFLfootballinfo/status/1195383502113509378/photo/1

HTF Rudolph gets nothing out of this is bull####
More is coming.  I think they just announced the suspensions first.  Rudolph has to get some sort of fine out of this.

More is coming.  I think they just announced the suspensions first.  Rudolph has to get some sort of fine out of this.
Screw a fine, he needs suspended too and I don't care if he's a QB. Garrett didn't go after him on his own.

Garret was stupid for even rushing the passer hard on that play, stupider for actually going after Rudolph like the play mattered, even stupider for going after him at all after he threw the ball, and even stupider for retaliating after rudolph was pissed about it.
Was Tomlin stupid for not taking a knee? Or for having his 1st string QB dropping back for a pass on that play? Remember when fans were bashing Freddie for almost getting Baker killed in a meaningless situation?

Was Kitchens stupid for having his 1st string defense in the game at that point? 

I bring these to the table only because of where you went with this (and I also agree with @Peak reply to your post, Myles did nothing wrong on the actual football play).

Browns’ DE Mayles Garrett suspended indefinitely

Browns’ DT Larry Ogunjobi suspended one game

Steelers’ C Maurkice Pouncey suspended suspended three games

Both teams fined $250,000, Garrett must meet with Commish before reinstatement
The league was close to nailing this perfectly.

If Rudy gets out of this with just a fine that will be unfortunate and wrong imo, but not all that surprising.

Pleased Pouncey got at least 2 games. He should not be on the field in Heinz in 2 weeks. I don’t think Larry should be either and I would have given him 2 games, but 1 game isn’t horrible here.

Screw a fine, he needs suspended too and I don't care if he's a QB. Garrett didn't go after him on his own.
Rudolph should not be suspended. He did not do anything worthy of suspension. Just be patient and street justice will take care of the problem. Not retaliatory, but now that he's shown you can get in his head others will. Until he's eventually flushed out of the league. Nature running its course.

You can stick around in this league if you're a bad quarterback. You just have to be mentally tough. And provide Monday-Saturday and February-August benefits as a backup. Maybe he can do the latter, but he showed last night that he is definitely not the former.

You can stick around in this league if you're a bad quarterback. You just have to be mentally tough. And provide Monday-Saturday and February-August benefits as a backup. Maybe he can do the latter, but he showed last night that he is definitely not the former.
Not so fast. He's a rookie...and with Browns players taking cheap shots , he relied on rookie WR'S. He also has his starting RB out, and rookie replacements and an O line that is playing terrible. Considering the team was close in the 3rd quarter, it's about what you would expect.  He has had decent games.

Meh, I'm just emotional over it but still think Rudolph should be out 2 games for his role. They can knock it back to 1 game and move on. I know he'll get his, he showed his true colors last night.

Funny story, there are a group of us HS buddies texting about this and one of them brought up we played against his daddy in HS, Brett Rudolph. They and mainly he, whooped our ###. He damn near broke my buddies arm on the opening drive of the game. Small world. 

Meh, I'm just emotional over it but still think Rudolph should be out 2 games for his role. They can knock it back to 1 game and move on. I know he'll get his, he showed his true colors last night.
I’m shocked he was made available to reporters after the game. Is that mandatory? 

Anyways, next man up. Need to get Vernon back on the field. If not, are we looking at Smith and maybe Lawrence sliding outside in a timeshare?

Who’s ready for the Chad Thomas era to really begin now?

Why this sentiment? The team doesn’t support his actions. Go watch Odell and Jarvis see the replay for the first time on live tv. Check out Bakers post game on field interview. 
Because I find it hard to support a team that has been so horrible for so long, that has been the punchline for jokes for so long, that finally looks like maybe they are turning a corner, be right back in the news for all the wrong reasons. And this one is egregious. This wasn't some fight or minor infraction. This is basically an unseen-until-now level of total buffoonery. It's  all there is on every news station everywhere. I can't turn on any single news program without seeing it. When you can't wear a piece of team's gear without people snickering, then something is wrong. It's an institutional problem.

Because I find it hard to support a team that has been so horrible for so long, that has been the punchline for jokes for so long, that finally looks like maybe they are turning a corner, be right back in the news for all the wrong reasons. And this one is egregious. This wasn't some fight or minor infraction. This is basically an unseen-until-now level of total buffoonery. It's  all there is on every news station everywhere. I can't turn on any single news program without seeing it. When you can't wear a piece of team's gear without people snickering, then something is wrong. It's an institutional problem.
They had Browns hats for sale at Ocean State Job Lot a few years ago for $2.99

"Go root for Buffalo" - Phil Savage

Not so fast. He's a rookie...and with Browns players taking cheap shots , he relied on rookie WR'S. He also has his starting RB out, and rookie replacements and an O line that is playing terrible. Considering the team was close in the 3rd quarter, it's about what you would expect.  He has had decent games.
The Pittsburgh offense has been unwatchable since he took over. The offense's objective has been to not screw up and rely on the defense to win. They're run heavy and when they do throw it's almost exclusively of the short and horizontal variety. Their entire game plan is to not allow him to lose the game. It worked until last night and it had everything to do with the Browns offense. They didn't allow the Steelers defense to make those big plays they've relied on all season, which forced the Steelers offense to be functional to win. And they weren't. Because this guy is terrible.

The two teams meet again in a couple of weeks, and there's a lot they can do to put this to rest.  I think both coaches don't want this to escalate and will be all over their guys between now and then.  In fact, here's video of Tomlin addressing his players: Be Nice (contains some bad words)

• Laughing
Reactions: OPS
Do you think they let up just becuase they were down by 2 scores with less than 2mins to play?  Nope.
Ummm yes.  It happens all the time, as it should.   This was 8 seconds.  It wasnt even possible for the Steelers to win.  Literally not possible.

Ummm yes.  It happens all the time, as it should.   This was 8 seconds.  It wasnt even possible for the Steelers to win.  Literally not possible.
Then why did Tomlin have his offense out there trying to throw deep?  Why didn't Rudolph just take the knee and give up?  These guys play the game from whistle to whistle.  It was literally not possible for the Steelers to win on their previous drive with 2mins left.  Why didn't they take a knee there?

You make no sense?  Why even play the game if they're just going to say "Damn...I give up.  You win." with time left on the clock.  They were playing the game.  Both sides.  Offense and Defense.  Had the QB took a knee and Tomlin threw in the towel (as you are suggesting), we wouldn't be talking about any of this right now.  SMH

He did not instigate to the level where it would be suspension worthy.  At all.
I could certainly get behind this if there were not 2-3 threatening behaviors prior to the helmet swing/contact. Unfortunately that’s not the case and I’d be ignoring important factors in the situation. 

He did not instigate to the level where it would be suspension worthy.  At all.
So you're saying Rudolph didn't:

- React like an over-emotionally (some have said Petulant) child to a legal hit/tackle after having a crappy 4 INT game?

- Grabbed Myles' helmet first - was the aggressor and instigator of the whole sha-bang?

- Kicked Myles in the groin during initial scuffle while grabbing and twisting Garrett's helmet?

- Continued to attack Myles once they were separated by the DeCastro and other players?

These fellows don't agree with that idea:

Deion SandersMason Rudolph should be significantly fined as well for trying to rip @MylesLGarrett helmet off his head which ignited the retaliation. He's not without fault in the unfortunate matter. This is a physical,emotional game played by men. Let's not forget that. @nflnetwork  #Truth

Nate Burleson: That @steelers & @Browns fight was a wild scene but it could of been avoided! and since everybody wants to play the blame game, here’s my list of individuals that are at fault. @MylesLGarrett @MaurkicePouncey @Rudolph2Mason What are y’all thoughts?

Max Kellerman: [Mason Rudolph was the one who started the fight." @maxkellerman thinks the reaction to Myles Garrett has been "hysterical."

By no way am I condoning what Myles did, and I think his suspension is warranted.  But let's not act like Rudolph was innocently crying on his knees praying for mercy when big, bad Myles came calling with a lead-filled helmet attempting to strike down upon him with great vengeance and furious anger.

:loco:

Then why did Tomlin have his offense out there trying to throw deep?  Why didn't Rudolph just take the knee and give up?  These guys play the game from whistle to whistle.  It was literally not possible for the Steelers to win on their previous drive with 2mins left.  Why didn't they take a knee there?

You make no sense?  Why even play the game if they're just going to say "Damn...I give up.  You win." with time left on the clock.  They were playing the game.  Both sides.  Offense and Defense.  Had the QB took a knee and Tomlin threw in the towel (as you are suggesting), we wouldn't be talking about any of this right now.  SMH
If you dont see the difference between 2 minutes left and 15 seconds left I dont know what to tell you, other than to look up the definition of "literally".

They actually did take a knee on the very next play in case you missed that.

I never said Rudolph wasnt at fault.  I said he shouldnt be suspended.  
So attempting to remove a player's helmet isn't suspension worthy?  I'd refer you to the Courtland Finnegan fight from a few years ago.  Let me know how that turned out.

Also, I'm pretty sure cleating someone in the groin is a suspension worthy offense.  What's different from doing that and stomping on another player?

If you dont see the difference between 2 minutes left and 15 seconds left I dont know what to tell you, other than to look up the definition of "literally".
Let me ask it a different way, if the offense lines up to make a play with 15 seconds left, is it your thought that the defense should just stand around with their hands on their hips saying, "Go for it.  We already won.  Go get that TD, Rudy!"

Seriously?!?

I'm trying to understand where you're coming from, but it just doesn't make any sense.  I have never seen Pittsburgh take a knee and concede a game.  I've also never seen a defense not line up, even if/when the offense lines up to take a knee.  They are playing a game.  It goes until the final whistle.  What exactly would you expect them to do differently?  Obviously the scuffle shouldn't have happened, but you were talking the actual game play specifically.  I really don't see where you're coming from, and I'm sure I'm not the only one reading this thread who feels/thinks the same way.

This team has no discipline. They took a chance on Kitchens for some reason and it isn't working out. He's in over his head. Embarrassing organization. The only bright spot was Mayfield rightfully calling out Garrett last night. Finally some maturity from somebody on this team.

Let me ask it a different way, if the offense lines up to make a play with 15 seconds left, is it your thought that the defense should just stand around with their hands on their hips saying, "Go for it.  We already won.  Go get that TD, Rudy!"

Seriously?!?

I'm trying to understand where you're coming from, but it just doesn't make any sense.  I have never seen Pittsburgh take a knee and concede a game.  I've also never seen a defense not line up, even if/when the offense lines up to take a knee.  They are playing a game.  It goes until the final whistle.  What exactly would you expect them to do differently?  Obviously the scuffle shouldn't have happened, but you were talking the actual game play specifically.  I really don't see where you're coming from, and I'm sure I'm not the only one reading this thread who feels/thinks the same way.
Ever watch the pro bowl?

Users who are viewing this thread