What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cleveland Browns (14 Viewers)

This offseason, my mindset is that the Browns are playing with House Money.  I'm enjoying the ride, as many didn't think they'd be where they are today.  I want a good competitive game.  Leave it all out on the field.  Win or Lose, that's all I ask.  Make us fans proud, or at least prouder than we are today.  I have no doubt Hunt will run angry.  I have no doubt Chubb and Baker feel they have more to prove.  I have no doubt that all of those that missed last week's WC game are itching to get out there and feel that playoff atmosphere.  Take that energy and be competitive.  Let them know the dawgs are in town and make that team work and sweat and bleed for every yard, every step.  Be competitive and play like there is no tomorrow.

So, some good news for you guys:

1. Sammy Watkins is out. This is huge. The Chiefs offense just doesn’t operate right without him in the lineup. It allows defenses to double team both Hill and Kelce.  Chiefs offense is gonna struggle tomorrow.

2. Linebacker Willie Gay will not play. He is a rookie, but he is the one linebacker the Chiefs couldn’t afford to lose. He has the speed to cover sideline to sideline and chase down running backs. The rest of our linebackers are slow and ineffective for the most part.

1. Sammy Watkins is out. This is huge. The Chiefs offense just doesn’t operate right without him in the lineup. It allows defenses to double team both Hill and Kelce.  Chiefs offense is gonna struggle tomorrow.

2. Linebacker Willie Gay will not play. He is a rookie, but he is the one linebacker the Chiefs couldn’t afford to lose. He has the speed to cover sideline to sideline and chase down running backs. The rest of our linebackers are slow and ineffective for the most part.
No.

Correct Mac.  They wont struggle.  Our D is..........goo

So now they'll score 36 instead of 38?

Will be glorious if Myles breaks out of his drought, especially if we predominantly bring only 4. I’m expecting some push from the middle as well. KC will score, but hopefully we can hold them to a few FGs and get a couple loose or tipped balls. 

First downs early, establish LOS dominance, develop the playaction/boots, and SCREENS. Execution.

Let’s go Browns!

Last edited by a moderator:
Will be glorious if Myles breaks out of his drought, especially if we predominantly bring only 4. I’m expecting some push from the middle as well. KC will score, but hopefully we can hold them to a few FGs and get a couple loose or tipped balls. 

First downs early, establish LOS dominance, develop the playaction/boots, and SCREENS. Execution.

Let’s go Browns!
No pressure. No lucky bounces yet, but we’ve “held” them to a couple FGs.

Nobody is ballin on the offensive side but Baker. Early in the game they were daring us to pass. Wish we moved Baker around more. Terrible execution for the most part. 

Totally stiffed at the end of the half. Disgusting display by the officiating crew.

Let’s go Browns!

Great season for you guys.  Oh so close to making it to the AFCCG.  Tough loss, but this team is on the rise. Stefanski did a great job this season.  Hope your team makes it further in the coming seasons. :yes:  

In a very tough division and the schedule will be a lot tougher next year you won't be playing the NFC East.  No lock the Browns even get back to the playoffs next year.  When Mahomes went down this was their chance to win.  Higgins fumble was huge you can't make that kind of mistake vs the defending champions and then despite that because Mahomes was out you had the ball with 8 mins left down 5 needing to go length of the field to get the win.  If you had told me before the game the Browns would be down 5 with 8 mins left with the ball I would have taken that 100 times out of 100.  They couldn't get anything going on the most important drive of the season.  Got 1 first down and then -1 yard run, incomplete pass and then 2 yard pass.  Punt.

Henne on 3rd and 14 not being able to contain him........blowing 2 timeouts.  

Will all be haunting all offseason. 

Once Mahomes was out we should have been playing as up tempo as possible adding possessions to the game.

Instead we were lazily taking all the clock.  Even when Baker called time out he was waiting for the play clock to run down to 1.  That is NOT the crap you do when down 5.  So frustrating.

When we had the ball with 8 minutes left I said we have two more possessions.  Well, it turned I to one because of that stupid lazy pace.  

The higgins play was huge.  The complete opposite of the play of the year.  However if that play doesnt happen does mahomes get hurt?  Who knows.

Will all be haunting all offseason. 
Really? Maybe it’s because I’ve been through it a few times already but not for me. Disappointed that we didn’t advance? Sure but won’t think too much about yesterday’s game in the grand scheme of things other than the Browns were in it up till the end. @amnesiac said it in the game thread, the defense held KC to 22 points. It’s easy to point at them but I feel like they did what they had to do, the offense just never got into a rhythm. I’m as good as I can be with a loss, never expected them to make the playoffs this year anyhow.

Great season!!!! Finally excited for an off season with these guys that doesn’t involve a high draft pick and/or performing a coaching search. The offense could use a few tweaks but I think we have our system. Defense needs a lot of work but we knew that coming into this season and with the staff in place, I’m pretty confident they will get it right. About as excited for the off-season as I’ve been in almost 2 decades...DECADES! #GoBrowns

The rest of the season is about evaluating Baker and the rookie HC at this point. 
That was directly after the first game when we got blown out after no offseason, no mini camp, no regular training camp, no preseason, rookie HC, COVID, losing Delpit right before the season began.

Going into the season ALL of the national prognosticators had us doing nothing, we were ranked 20th in the ESPN rankings of all teams, zero playoff prediction, the season was all about whether or not Baker was thee-guy going forward and what we had at head coach.

Stefanski blew me away and Baker dialed it back/matured as a person and fell in-line with the program.  He started out 'shaky' then Stefanski took things off his plate, emphasized running the ball but began to let the chain out more and more.  Baker really looked good and grew right before our eyes leading up to the playoffs.  

The season far exceeded expectations with Stefanski and Baker, FAR EXCEEDED.

I can't be anything but pleased.  

Plenty of time to pick over what we need to improve but for Gawd sakes three years ago we were a combined 1- 31 AND had Hue Jackson that year and were heading into last season with Freddie Kitchens at HC.  

Does anyone think we are the same ole Browns?  Lol.

Having been a Browns fan my whole life, this is one of the few seasons I've been excited for "next year". I'm old enough to remember the drive, the fumble.. Leaving.. All the horrible coaches and front offices with the rebirth of the team. This year is different. FINALLY. 

They need to spend some capital on linebackers and secondary. And maybe pick up a WR or two along the way, but for the first time in a long time I'm not left wondering "Where the hell do they go from here??"

What a great season. Yeah, it was disappointing they didn't pull that out yesterday, but they far exceeded my expectations and finally it feels like the front office is stable. You can't build a team with regime changes every year.

:clap:

They need to spend some capital on linebackers and secondary. And maybe pick up a WR or two along the way, but for the first time in a long time I'm not left wondering "Where the hell do they go from here??"
I wouldn't get your hopes up for LB. CB, absolutely. And I am preparing for some WR room shake up's. Need a lot more speed on that unit to level up this offense. 

I wouldn't get your hopes up for LB. CB, absolutely. And I am preparing for some WR room shake up's. Need a lot more speed on that unit to level up this offense. 
I agree. Someone said in the game thread that the Browns WRs were as exciting as a riding lawn mower.  :lmao:

They have to shore up that defense though. I'm not sure what their cap situation is, but that secondary and linebacker corps need some help. I was high on Greedy when they drafted him, but he just can't stay healthy. The good news IMO is they aren't in need of a complete overhaul anywhere. A couple of right fit pieces will do wonders for any of their need positions.

I agree. Someone said in the game thread that the Browns WRs were as exciting as a riding lawn mower.  :lmao:

They have to shore up that defense though. I'm not sure what their cap situation is, but that secondary and linebacker corps need some help. I was high on Greedy when they drafted him, but he just can't stay healthy. The good news IMO is they aren't in need of a complete overhaul anywhere. A couple of right fit pieces will do wonders for any of their need positions.
The cap situation depends on that potential WR room shake up. There is $0 penalty from whacking Beckham and minimal from moving on from Jarvis. Higgins isn't under contract either. Pure speculation, but I wonder if ask Landry to take a pay cut and if he refuses re-sign Higgins then let Juice walk is plan A. And should the latter come to fruition how does Beckham respond? 

I dont expect an analytic heavy front office to prioritize LB. If a rover like JOK fell to us round one, maybe. Otherwise, mid round picks and wave two one year free agents. 

First time in a long time that I'm not thinking about the first round draft pick or a new coaching search in January.  

This team had a great season and gives a lot of hope/optimism moving into next year.  They kept it close with the Chiefs.  Enjoyed the ride, even with the loss. 

First time in a long time that I'm not thinking about the first round draft pick or a new coaching search in January.  

This team had a great season and gives a lot of hope/optimism moving into next year.  They kept it close with the Chiefs.  Enjoyed the ride, even with the loss. 
It's refreshing that March matters more than April. 

if they can keep one between Landry and Beckham, I believe the choice is clear. 

and I hope DPJ continues to develop, he could be a nice piece of this group moving forward.  

The cap situation depends on that potential WR room shake up. There is $0 penalty from whacking Beckham and minimal from moving on from Jarvis. Higgins isn't under contract either. Pure speculation, but I wonder if ask Landry to take a pay cut and if he refuses re-sign Higgins then let Juice walk is plan A. And should the latter come to fruition how does Beckham respond? 

I dont expect an analytic heavy front office to prioritize LB. If a rover like JOK fell to us round one, maybe. Otherwise, mid round picks and wave two one year free agents. 
I'd hate to completely revamp the WRs. Not sure how Mayfield will respond to that. He has grown this year, but I'm afraid that he is still needs some maturity to handle that much change at once. I feel like Beckham will be gone this next season. Landry is a comfort piece for Mayfield. I also realize you probably don't have one without the other though. They move OBJ and Landry is probably not long term. Will be interesting to see how that shakes out.

I'd hate to completely revamp the WRs. Not sure how Mayfield will respond to that. He has grown this year, but I'm afraid that he is still needs some maturity to handle that much change at once. I feel like Beckham will be gone this next season. Landry is a comfort piece for Mayfield. I also realize you probably don't have one without the other though. They move OBJ and Landry is probably not long term. Will be interesting to see how that shakes out.
I agree. I think an ideal scenario is Landry restructures, we keep Beckham, replace Higgins with someone like Perriman in March, and add someone like Nico Collins in April. 

I thought Beckham's clean break was after next season....it's right now?  

Hats off to the Browns for a great season. Yesterday was such a weird game with the Mahomes injury that I'm not sure how to analyze it. I thought the Chiefs did some really good things, but I also think the Browns did some really good things.

The Chiefs obviously were fortunate on the fumble at the goal line and the non-call of that hit. 

And truth be told - they were fortunate to win that game, period. After that interception by you guys, I fully expected Stefanski to just run, run, run that whole drive to win the game. And I do believe he tried to do that.  But the Chiefs D stepped up when it mattered most.

The Browns are a good team. They are going to be a good thing moving forward. I really like Stefanski as a coach - it seems like finally they have someone and a LOT of pieces in place to build on this. 

They are an easy team to root for, that's for sure. And fun to watch. A nice mix of old-school and some new age swagger. 

if they can keep one between Landry and Beckham, I believe the choice is clear. 

and I hope DPJ continues to develop, he could be a nice piece of this group moving forward.  
First, congrats on a great season, guys.

Second, DPJ looks like a find. He can stretch the field with his speed, he seems to have good field awareness, and has size for miles. All in all, it's a heck of a package you guys got in the late rounds. I heard Perriman mentioned, but Perriman is always hurt. Was for the Jets even on a prove-it deal. The ony time he's been with it was for a brief time in Tampa. Might want to see what DPJ has before looking elsewhere.

Anyway, that's my take on brief watching of your team. Congrats again -- you were one bad call away from an AFCCG with Buffalo. 

Hats off to the Browns for a great season. Yesterday was such a weird game with the Mahomes injury that I'm not sure how to analyze it. I thought the Chiefs did some really good things, but I also think the Browns did some really good things.

The Chiefs obviously were fortunate on the fumble at the goal line and the non-call of that hit. 

And truth be told - they were fortunate to win that game, period. After that interception by you guys, I fully expected Stefanski to just run, run, run that whole drive to win the game. And I do believe he tried to do that.  But the Chiefs D stepped up when it mattered most.

The Browns are a good team. They are going to be a good thing moving forward. I really like Stefanski as a coach - it seems like finally they have someone and a LOT of pieces in place to build on this. 

They are an easy team to root for, that's for sure. And fun to watch. A nice mix of old-school and some new age swagger. 
  1. You...get out
  2. Congrat's on the win, good game
  3. now GTFO

Yesterday was such a weird game with the Mahomes injury that I'm not sure how to analyze it.
First, everyone hopes Patrick is ok but I fear he may not be ready by this weekend.

It was a weird game but you guys came out and dominated early so IMHO you earned the win.

Lots of time to game plan, bringing up the safeties to seal the edge shut down the run game in the first half.  Pressuring from the outside, again with the safeties was a big time move since Baker had been toasting the blitz.  Then the big call to ice the game at the end.

I went to school at CU with Beinemy and I think EB should be an NFL HC.  

DPJ looks like a find. He can stretch the field with his speed, he seems to have good field awareness, and has size for miles. All in all, it's a heck of a package you guys got in the late rounds. I heard Perriman mentioned, but Perriman is always hurt. Was for the Jets even on a prove-it deal. The ony time he's been with it was for a brief time in Tampa. Might want to see what DPJ has before looking elsewhere.
I don't agree. This team needs perimeter weapons that stretch the defense vertically to open things up for everyone else and DPJ can't do that. Not right now anyway. This is where Beckham was sorely missed. If DPJ proves otherwise next season then adjust for '22, but he's to be treated as a #4 or #5 next season. 

Perriman had a good cameo here that he turned into that shot in Tampa. Now that he flopped in New York I expect him to be priced accordingly, which is why I mentioned him. He is interchangeable with any other wide receiver that can stretch defenses vertically. 

once they start paying Mayfield, I’d be surprised if they don’t just start drafting WRs in the 2nd or 3rd round every year and never paying any of them.  

ala Rogers and the Packers.  

what's to be sad about?

one blown call away from a completely different game. and it wasnt minor. it was a blatently horrendous non-call.

and ya, we had chances after, but we were up against the REIGNING SB CHAMPS. Not some scrubs.

They know how to pull out these wins, and we still came within a sniff of the W.

i can't wait for the offseason... really cant wait for september

Users who are viewing this thread