Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

2021 Cleveland Browns -


Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, Soulfly3 said:

I just dont want to remember "that" browns team. 

Absolutely insane what a change we've seen here. 

True dat.  The trade itself netted much opportunity which, due to incompetence, went for naught.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Jimmy Donovan with former Browns FO and current NFL draft talking head Daniel Jeremiah.

LINK

Great listen.  Jimmy and Daniel know and knew each other since Daniel was with the Browns.  Jimmy gives him #### for the terrible draft Jeremiah 'helped' with, lol.  Remember LB Beau Bell?  After ribbing each other they go cover the overall draft leading up to talking Browns pick.

Go to the 6:00 minute mark to hear what DJ says, pretty interesting.  He talks 'moving out/down' Jimmy counters by discussing CB and DJ didn't realize how big a need CB was which I found very interesting.  

Gives an insight as to why national pundits who don't know the team focus on LB so highly as a need for the Browns without really understanding but at the same time DJ does make a valid point for moving down which many following the club seem to overlook. 

Also a name to file away, the CB from Georgia who is reported to be rising.  

Lots of good info in this clip.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looks like I'm headed down there tonight after all.  My son got invited last night and his friends' dad has an extra pass.  Hopefully we get a break with the weather!  

So many options for the Browns tonight, it's wonderful.  I'd be all aboard with a WR in the 1st or 2nd, and obviously defense for sure, but hoping we can find super value in a trade (up OR down) and still land our targets.  Can't wait to see what AB has in store for us.  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Bobcat10 said:

Looks like I'm headed down there tonight after all.  My son got invited last night and his friends' dad has an extra pass.  Hopefully we get a break with the weather!  

So many options for the Browns tonight, it's wonderful.  I'd be all aboard with a WR in the 1st or 2nd, and obviously defense for sure, but hoping we can find super value in a trade (up OR down) and still land our targets.  Can't wait to see what AB has in store for us.  

i've been staring at the radar this morning crossing my fingers as well.  it looks like there's a decent chance it could clear up, but there's an equally good chance we're all gonna get soaked.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, amnesiac said:

i've been staring at the radar this morning crossing my fingers as well.  it looks like there's a decent chance it could clear up, but there's an equally good chance we're all gonna get soaked.

Worst of it is this morning. Falling temps and the wind off the lake will be a bigger issue than anything falling from the sky tonight. I am glad we opted not to go down til Saturday though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, MAC_32 said:

Worst of it is this morning. Falling temps and the wind off the lake will be a bigger issue than anything falling from the sky tonight. I am glad we opted not to go down til Saturday though.

temperature should be pretty steady.  wind could be an issue though, i agree.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, amnesiac said:

temperature should be pretty steady.  wind could be an issue though, i agree.  

Hourly forecast has temps at 50 & wind <= 10 mph.  Radar forecast says no precip at that time.  All-in-all, tolerable.  Dodged a bullet!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Bobcat10 said:

Looks like I'm headed down there tonight after all.  My son got invited last night and his friends' dad has an extra pass.  Hopefully we get a break with the weather!  

So many options for the Browns tonight, it's wonderful.  I'd be all aboard with a WR in the 1st or 2nd, and obviously defense for sure, but hoping we can find super value in a trade (up OR down) and still land our targets.  Can't wait to see what AB has in store for us.  

Enjoy!!

Been hearing a lot of chatter about a WR.  Personally, if they take one before rnd 4, I will be disappointed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, daveR said:

Hourly forecast has temps at 50 & wind <= 10 mph.  Radar forecast says no precip at that time.  All-in-all, tolerable.  Dodged a bullet!

 

sure seems like it's trending that way.  i wouldn't be surprised if we get sprinkles, but hopefully it looks like we're not gonna get soaked at this point.  dodged a bullet for sure!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, daveR said:

Enjoy!!

Been hearing a lot of chatter about a WR.  Personally, if they take one before rnd 4, I will be disappointed.

I want in on the 2nd round run of them, but if that doesn't happen then I'd rather kick that can to Saturday.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Farley off the board. glad we didn’t get him.  
 

damaged goods, and Mary Kay Cabot has been talking him up all day. 
 

lots of good players left on the board, there’s been a lot of dumb picks so far.  
 

the Browns are going to get a hell of a player at their pick.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, ghostguy123 said:

Anyone worth moving up for in the early part of the 2nd?

I'd like to get in on this WR tier before the well runs dry. Before pick 29 last night I was also thinking edge, but then the end of the night run happened so it depends on how they have Ossai and Ojulari graded. I think Moehrig or JOK could be in play if they keep falling, but Jabril Cox may be a more fiscally responsible target for the middle of the defense.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, ghostguy123 said:

Anyone worth moving up for in the early part of the 2nd?

Ya know, many people figured/wanted us to move-up for CB Greg Newsome and he fell right into our lap.

I'm not against moving up but ya know, lets wait.  Lots of teams needing O-Linemen.  A RB or two should/will go off the board, a TE will/should go off the board, and probably a QB or two.  All positions we don't need so that will push down talent.  

I am confident that we can wait and get another good/great value if we're patient.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Bracie Smathers said:

Ya know, many people figured/wanted us to move-up for CB Greg Newsome and he fell right into our lap.

I'm not against moving up but ya know, lets wait.  Lots of teams needing O-Linemen.  A RB or two should/will go off the board, a TE will/should go off the board, and probably a QB or two.  All positions we don't need so that will push down talent.  

I am confident that we can wait and get another good/great value if we're patient.

As others have said, we arent bringing 9 rookies to this team.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, ghostguy123 said:

As others have said, we arent bringing 9 rookies to this team.  

As others said we aren't bringing 9 rookies to the team so move up for Greg Newsome and others said move-up for JOC in the 1st round.  

I'm not opposed to moving-up but talent will get pushed down and we can dish later picks rather than burning a 3rd round pick to move up for a guy that we can get cheaper.  

I'd much prefer to push extra picks into next year or use them and let players compete than burn picks to move-up when patience should allow talent to fall to us without burning picks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, ghostguy123 said:

As others have said, we arent bringing 9 rookies to this team.  

That doesn't mean you move up if your board doesn't say to nor if you have to. If their current tier of players starts to dry up then by all means go get one. If it doesn't then sit and wait and save those assets for another use.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't even think DB is a priority at this point.

PFF take on Browns secondary

With the addition of Newsome to a secondary that already boasts Greedy Williams, John Johnson III, Troy Hill and Grant Delpit, Cleveland may challenge Denver for the title of best coverage unit in the NFL next year.

----------------------------

They didn't even mention CB Denzel Ward in the run-down of riches listed above.

Edited by Bracie Smathers
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, MAC_32 said:

That doesn't mean you move up if your board doesn't say to nor if you have to. If their current tier of players starts to dry up then by all means go get one. If it doesn't then sit and wait and save those assets for another use.

for what though?

I don’t see many teams giving the Browns picks next year for those picks.  
 

I view these picks this year like time outs.  Might as well use them up.  
 

That said, they played the first round masterfully.   They basically moved up 5 picks by letting the idiots in front of them draft.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, amnesiac said:

for what though?

I don’t see many teams giving the Browns picks next year for those picks.  
 

I view these picks this year like time outs.  Might as well use them up.  
 

That said, they played the first round masterfully.   They basically moved up 5 picks by letting the idiots in front of them draft.  

Without knowing what the board looks like I can't answer. As I wrote earlier this offseason I think a trade sometime today is more likely than yesterday - is it up or out? and if it is up is it up from 59 or 89?:shrug: I just think it'd be silly to move up from 59 if multiple options in the current tier of players are still available. Ultimately, good drafting once you have the QB is all about maximizing value. Hell, I think down from 59 and up from 89 is possible too. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Agree with whoever is in the camp of holding but moving up if there is a player you value and you can move up without too much pain. I trust the front office at this point not to do something stupid so I'm good however this works out. If you want to get the LB, move up a few and grab him, if your player is falling because others are picking for need, then hold and let it come to you.

First time in a decade I'm solid with whatever the front office does. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, amnesiac said:

I’m just saying in general the better players are taken higher.  
 

Package the picks and move up and get better players.  

 

We have no way of knowing for sure, but I think we saw a live example of this last night. I think Berry was prepared to move up, but as Farley and Newsome (and probably others like Paye) kept falling there was no justification to do so. Trading up must have a purpose; not just doing it for the sake of doing it. The right move as it turned out last night was to stay put and pick whoever from that tier was left. I expect the same complex multiple if-then approach tonight.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, MAC_32 said:

We have no way of knowing for sure, but I think we saw a live example of this last night. I think Berry was prepared to move up, but as Farley and Newsome (and probably others like Paye) kept falling there was no justification to do so. Trading up must have a purpose; not just doing it for the sake of doing it. The right move as it turned out last night was to stay put and pick whoever from that tier was left. I expect the same complex multiple if-then approach tonight.

Kind of refreshing isn't it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, MAC_32 said:

We have no way of knowing for sure, but I think we saw a live example of this last night. I think Berry was prepared to move up, but as Farley and Newsome (and probably others like Paye) kept falling there was no justification to do so. Trading up must have a purpose; not just doing it for the sake of doing it. The right move as it turned out last night was to stay put and pick whoever from that tier was left. I expect the same complex multiple if-then approach tonight.

I actually agree with you, last night worked out great.  
 

I just think they have enough capital that they can afford to be a bit “wasteful” to get “their guy” instead of thinking strictly in terms of tiers.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ghostguy123 said:

As others have said, we arent bringing 9 rookies to this team.  

I dunno.  I just perused the roster & there were twice that many guys I was unfamiliar with.

Roster on ESPN

 

Edited by daveR
add link to roster
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Newsome!  Sweet! 

BIG pop yesterday when Fields got picked.  

Keeping my eye on these guys today.  The first few we probably would need to move up and if we like the player enough, GO FOR IT.  Similarly, we could possibly use the two 3rds (and maybe a later pick) to get another 2nd. I don't know anything about the OL class this year, so I'm not listing any, but that's always a possibility too.

Owusu-Koramoah 

Ojulari

Barmore

Basham

E. Moore and R. Moore :heart:

Marshall

Onwuzurike

Togiai

Browning

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Of course it all depends on their board, but theres no way to know what their board is, and no way to know who if anyone even wants to trade down.  

However, if I see them do something like trade both 3rds and both 4ths for an earlier 2nd, I am not gonna complain about it.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, ghostguy123 said:

Of course it all depends on their board, but theres no way to know what their board is, and no way to know who if anyone even wants to trade down.  

However, if I see them do something like trade both 3rds and both 4ths for an earlier 2nd, I am not gonna complain about it.  

2nd plus both 3rds would be plenty to get the 2.1. 
 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, ghostguy123 said:

I meant without trading our 2nd

without trading the second, they could only theoretically get to 2.15 without including future picks.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, ghostguy123 said:

Trade up for Koramoah soon?

@nfldraftscout (Matt Miller)

Why is Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah still on the board? I reached out to a few scouts. Here are their replies: "Scheme fit is really hard" "No LB coaches at his pro day" "He's 214 pounds" "Mental lapses, not fast" "Tape is fun, doesn't translate"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Joe Bryant changed the title to 2021 Cleveland Browns -

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
  • Create New...