Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

2021 Cleveland Browns -


Recommended Posts

The Raiders are imploding.  If the Browns can run the ball, which they should be able to do, they will beat the Raiders.  Waller is out.  He is the only player that has done anything consistently all season for the Raiders.  Jacobs is a nice RB but he’s not capable of taking over a game with that o line.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ghostguy123 said:

Not sure how guys are supposed to all of a sudden test negative, especially when they get routine tests.  Once you contract the virus you arent going to magically test negative in less than 10 days.

 

This is why I thought postponing the games for 2 days was kind of dumb.   Yeah you might get a guy or two back but you're just as likely to have 1 or 2 new guys test positive.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, ghostguy123 said:

Short week for who?  Nobody is playing, lol.

exactly.  this is like a second bye week.

IF they can somehow pull out a win tonight, they should be pretty healthy for the last three games and would actually be in a good position to finish strong.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, DocHolliday said:

The Raiders are imploding.  If the Browns can run the ball, which they should be able to do, they will beat the Raiders.  Waller is out.  He is the only player that has done anything consistently all season for the Raiders.  Jacobs is a nice RB but he’s not capable of taking over a game with that o line.  

You've seen the Browns play, yes? We make run-of-the-mill journeymen look like Hall of Famers. There will be someone on the Raiders tonight that only his momma has ever heard of that will ink a life changing deal next season because of this game. It's what we do.

1 hour ago, ghostguy123 said:

Please dont kill Chubb tonight for no reason

We have a full Chubb, let's use it...err him.

Heard it on the radio, couldn't resist

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ghostguy123 said:

Short week for who?  Nobody is playing, lol.

Line -2.5 for Raiders.  Should still be 10+

 

-3 now at some shops.  Are you saying it should be way more than that?

I have no idea what to do on this game -- don't follow either team -- just curious your thoughts.  Is Cleveland that decimated to think, of all teams, the Raiders should have their way with them???

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Harry Frogfish said:

 

-3 now at some shops.  Are you saying it should be way more than that?

I have no idea what to do on this game -- don't follow either team -- just curious your thoughts.  Is Cleveland that decimated to think, of all teams, the Raiders should have their way with them???

A team losers 20 players all at once.  10 starters including QB.  Any team in this situation is incredibly likely to lose no matter what team they play against. 

I think it should be 10.  Gun to my head I would take the raiders all the way up to -14

Edited by ghostguy123
Link to comment
Share on other sites

History will be made tonight.

First female positional coach in NFL history.

Stump Mitchell has been out for a while dealing with an undisclosed illness.  Cordell has been filling in for him but he's out with Covid.

------------------------------------------

Scott Petrak ct@ScottPetrak

#Browns chief of staff Callie Brownson will serve as RBs coach vs. Raiders. Acting RB coach Ryan Cordell tested positive for COVID-19 on Wednesday.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, ghostguy123 said:

A team losers 20 players all at once.  10 starters including QB.  Any team in this situation is incredibly likely to lose no matter what team they play against. 

I think it should be 10.  Gun to my head I would take the raiders all the way up to -14

I'd be all over the Browns ML if that was the case.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, ghostguy123 said:

A team losers 20 players all at once.  10 starters including QB.  Any team in this situation is incredibly likely to lose no matter what team they play against. 

I think it should be 10.  Gun to my head I would take the raiders all the way up to -14

 

I find this fascinating.  I will load on the Raiders just because of you, no joke.  And they're a team I hate betting on.  On the contrary, I LOVE to bet the Browns.  But if you are this sure about it, I'm gonna take it soon (at -2 1/2), because I could see it going to 3, with these prevailing winds. And speaking of wind, what about the total?

Chubb, Chubb, Chubb, punt.  Chubb, Chubb, Chubb, punt.  Chubb, Chubb, Chubb, punt.

Somebody talk me off this cliff.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Harry Frogfish said:

 

Is this breaking news?  And is it significant?  I honestly have no idea, just trying to figure out which side to take.

Thanks!

Bryant's a solid TE - young and talented.  Will help in passing and blocking game.

Schwartz is a burner, a Tyreek Hill type.  He'll add some new dynamics that should help open up the running game.  

I'm also trying to be optimistic and hopeful. :D 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Harry Frogfish said:

 

I find this fascinating.  I will load on the Raiders just because of you, no joke.  And they're a team I hate betting on.  On the contrary, I LOVE to bet the Browns.  But if you are this sure about it, I'm gonna take it soon (at -2 1/2), because I could see it going to 3, with these prevailing winds. And speaking of wind, what about the total?

Chubb, Chubb, Chubb, punt.  Chubb, Chubb, Chubb, punt.  Chubb, Chubb, Chubb, punt.

Somebody talk me off this cliff.

 

I liked it a lot better yesterday when the raiders moneyline was around +140.

I still think Raiders -2.5 is a solid bet.  That might be a solid bet if just Baker and Keenum were out.  19 other players out, buncha scrubs gonna be thrown into the fire very unprepared.  

Like I said, ANY NFL team that loses 10 starter and 10 backups, i am betting them to lose if the line is less than a FG.  Against ANY other NFL team that is reasonably healthy going into the game as the Raiders are.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, ghostguy123 said:

 

I liked it a lot better yesterday when the raiders moneyline was around +140.

I still think Raiders -2.5 is a solid bet.  That might be a solid bet if just Baker and Keenum were out.  19 other players out, buncha scrubs gonna be thrown into the fire very unprepared.  

Like I said, ANY NFL team that loses 10 starter and 10 backups, i am betting them to lose if the line is less than a FG.  Against ANY other NFL team that is reasonably healthy going into the game as the Raiders are.

 

Great call, I should've listened.  A big part of it was the fact I cringe at the thought of rooting for the LA/Irwindale/Oakland/Las Vegas Raiders ... so I caved.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, DocHolliday said:

The Raiders are imploding.  If the Browns can run the ball, which they should be able to do, they will beat the Raiders.  Waller is out.  He is the only player that has done anything consistently all season for the Raiders.  Jacobs is a nice RB but he’s not capable of taking over a game with that o line.  

Raiders should be ashamed that they had to kick a last second FG to beat the backups in Cleveland.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, ghostguy123 said:

 

I liked it a lot better yesterday when the raiders moneyline was around +140.

I still think Raiders -2.5 is a solid bet.  That might be a solid bet if just Baker and Keenum were out.  19 other players out, buncha scrubs gonna be thrown into the fire very unprepared.  

Like I said, ANY NFL team that loses 10 starter and 10 backups, i am betting them to lose if the line is less than a FG.  Against ANY other NFL team that is reasonably healthy going into the game as the Raiders are.

 

3 hours ago, Harry Frogfish said:

On Cleveland, +3.  GO BROWNS!!!

 

2 hours ago, Harry Frogfish said:

 

Great call, I should've listened.  A big part of it was the fact I cringe at the thought of rooting for the LA/Irwindale/Oakland/Las Vegas Raiders ... so I caved.

 

Reverse jinx is comes through again, lol.   Love it, got lucky.

Some of these covid lines are good to wait towards game-time and grab after the line/public has moved it too far the other way.  There is value to be had.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, Harry Frogfish said:

 

 

 

Reverse jinx is comes through again, lol.   Love it, got lucky.

Some of these covid lines are good to wait towards game-time and grab after the line/public has moved it too far the other way.  There is value to be had.

Or just take the team at +3 when the other team has 20 guys out.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, beer 30 said:

We just don't remember how to win a game like that anymore. Offense could have won with one more 1st down, Defense could have won it by stepping up for a stop. All our kickers suck.

I hate loving this team.

 

Needed to be just a little bit more daring in the end there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, beer 30 said:

We just don't remember how to win a game like that anymore. Offense could have won with one more 1st down, Defense could have won it by stepping up for a stop. All our kickers suck.

I hate loving this team.

There were signs of this last year, but there were enough big plays late to counter the argument. I think the sample size is big enough now though. #1 offseason focus needs to be on learning how to finish games.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, beer 30 said:

Caller just summed it up nicely.

Disappointed with result but we still control our own destiny which is like giving a pair of scissors to a toddler and telling them to sprint as fast as they can.

i have no interest in looking into all of the various scenarios, but the Browns pretty much have to win the last three at this point, correct?

#CHRISTMASMIRACLEATLAMBEAU

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
  • Create New...