What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cleveland Browns (15 Viewers)

Ian Rapoport‏@RapSheet3 mins

Owner Jimmy Haslam made no secret of his love for Johnny Manziel. Scouts convinced him it couldn’t be at No. 4. So it’s 22.

At least we have two-first round picks next year in case this doesn't work out.

What did we give up in the trade?
Think it said a 3rd

I think they have done very well. Trading back, gathering picks, another strong oline pick, and grabbed a qb.

Much better, to me, then Watkins at 4. There is risk with Johnny, but a ton of upside too

FWIW I really like the pick for you guys and hope he works out. Seems like the perfect OC fit for Manziel and you have good offensive weapons for him to work with.

Im ####inf happy

We waited and stikl got gim like i knew we wohld

WR w our 2nd rounder and ill be over the moon

will his scrambling threat help RB Tate ?

with a stud RB, stud WR and stud TE as weapons ... dang he could be great from the git go ( Manziel )

I think you should have hung on for Lee, would have been a coup.

But lots of WR talent left.

What picks does CLE still have?

Last edited by a moderator:
Get a WR with our 2 and oline with our 3, and I will be VERY happy with our draft. :) . Jordan Matthews would be nice.

I think they have done very well. Trading back, gathering picks, another strong oline pick, and grabbed a qb.

Much better, to me, then Watkins at 4. There is risk with Johnny, but a ton of upside too
####### strong d pick, passed on the expected oline

For anyone who wasn't thrilled with us moving-up for Manziel, I'll include myself on that one, it seems the Vikings were after him according to Albert Breer.

==================

Albert Breer‏@AlbertBreer9 mins

As the attempt to deal up with the Eagles would suggest, Johnny Manziel was indeed the No. 1 quarterback on the Vikings' board.

Peter King: Several teams trying to get to 31 and 32 right now ... ahead of Houston with pick 33 tomorrow evening.
11:33pm - 8 May 14

Ian Rapoport‏@RapSheet2 mins

The #Broncos have picked and the #Seahawks are on the clock. Watch for the #Vikes to try to move up here.

The QBs should go quick so we didn't need to move back-up into the bottom of the first round and blow picks unless we wanted one of those guys who have gone since Manziel.

We obviously didnt want bridgewater or we wouldve taken him

I trusty in Farner 100% we won the first round. No questions asked

Congratulations Cleveland... with Johnny Manziel and Vince Young on the roster, the Browns are now the favorite team of Texas. ;)

Johnny Manziel sets up Cleveland Browns to contend

By Gregg Rosenthal

Around The League Editor

The Cleveland Browns have gone from league laughingstock to one of the most fascinating teams in the NFL. It only took one pick.
This is a playoff-ready defense led by a deep defensive line. They added Oklahoma State cornerback Justin Gilbert to a talented secondary. (Gilbert and Joe Haden will make quite a cornerback pair.) They have one of the sharpest defensive minds in new coach Mike Pettine. And they have an offense with the talent already in place for Manziel to succeed right away.

Offensive tackle Joe Thomas, wide receiver Josh Gordon and tight end Jordan Cameron are long-term pieces to build around. Andrew Hawkins adds a shifty element out of the slot. They have a Pro Bowl center in Alex Mack. New offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan knows a thing or two about coaching a quarterback with great movement that gets a lot of attention off the field. With all apologies to Brian Hoyer, all the Browns lacked was a quarterback that could make plays on his own.

The selection of Manziel is extra sweet because of what it says about new general manager Ray Farmer. Cleveland's haul for Thursday: Gilbert, Manziel and Buffalo's first- and fourth-round picks in 2015. It already seems like a long time ago that we were hearing jokes about the failed pursuit of Jim Harbaugh, and the firings of former president Joe Banner and GM Michael Lombardi.

Manziel helps to erase all that. The Browns are going to be in an unfamiliar position: The trendy team that everyone wants to see on television. And they have every right to believe they can contend now in a watered-down AFC North.

The "Around The League Podcast" is now available on iTunes! Click here to listen and subscribe.

Sooooooo happy we got another 2015 1st, and from a team I think will suck.

Ok with Gilbert pick, not so much johnny. But f it, if he does good I won't care.

Mac, what happened to teddy????????

Users who are viewing this thread