What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cleveland Browns (21 Viewers)

Sooooooo happy we got another 2015 1st, and from a team I think will suck.

Ok with Gilbert pick, not so much johnny. But f it, if he does good I won't care.

Mac, what happened to teddy????????
we picked a bum for a franchise qb so what do you care anyway.

I love getting a 2015 1st and Gilbert instead of watkins. Not a fan of the manziel pick. I understand it, but don't like it........mad, but less mad than taking him at 4.....

Tweet dropped like a rock like I thought he should.

Way to deflect Mac.
you may be my punching bag for this point but the whole take pisses me off. If Manziel flops the whole thing flops. Get on board or get the #### out.
I don't like the manziel pick.

I am taking about teddy. I said pick 4 would be dumb. Seems many GMs agreed.
so what will happen to this regimr if this team goes 4-12 the next two years with Johnny. No matter if we picked him fourth or twenty second.You don't get it.

Way to deflect Mac.
you may be my punching bag for this point but the whole take pisses me off. If Manziel flops the whole thing flops. Get on board or get the #### out.
I don't like the manziel pick.I am taking about teddy. I said pick 4 would be dumb. Seems many GMs agreed.
so what will happen to this regimr if this team goes 4-12 the next two years with Johnny. No matter if we picked him fourth or twenty second.You don't get it.
What would have made us a great team???? Teddy???? YOU don't seem to get it.

I love getting a 2015 1st and Gilbert instead of watkins. Not a fan of the manziel pick. I understand it, but don't like it........mad, but less mad than taking him at 4.....

Tweet dropped like a rock like I thought he should.
i really didn't like Minnesota but a small part of me hopes they make it to a title game now.But lose to cleveland.

Fan first, but analyst is a close second. You are wrong about teddy. You may or may not be wrong about Johnny, I am willing og I've these guys rope, but I think the he will fail crowd is going to be both nauseating and loud until he proves otherwise.

Way to deflect Mac.
I don't like the manziel pick.I am taking about teddy. I said pick 4 would be dumb. Seems many GMs agreed.
What would have made us a great team???? Teddy???? YOU don't seem to get it.
hey we drafted our failure at 22 instead of 4! All good now! I cans till root for these guys!Idiocy.

Big picture.
What is your ####### big picture??? Teddy at 4???? Lol
would it make more sense to you if I drew a picture
Yes, cause you aren't making any sense.
If the franchise qb picked at 22 is a failure he would also be a failure at 4. As would the whole regime.

You not getting that is hilarious.

And sad.

If you don't like it stop ##### footing around and root for losses.

The leaders of the team you root for are failures in your kind. You rooting for them defines insanity.

Not the theme I'd have expected from the CLE thread.
I thought Clelevand fans would be happy about the draft and getting a first round pick next year.
i a. Happy bout what we did, the fanbase is torn 50 50 on Manziel and it won't change until after games are played probably not even then. I am not a huge Manziel guy, I am a Bridgewater guy, but I am not screaming failure. I see potential. If you don't then stand by your take.

Loved the trade down for what we got, not a Johnny guy but I'm a Browns fan & we just became relevant again for the first time in many years. Would have rather seen Teddy with that pick as I think his size & skill set is a better fit for the NFL but we have a 5'10" gunslinger now, let's see what happens.

Not a fan of the little engine that could but don't mind the Brown's taking a chance on him. I think they have a shot to make the playoffs this season led by Hoyer. Some Manziel sprinkles here and there this season however I still think this is Hoyer's team this year as long as healthy. I think they will take the old school "sit and learn" approach with Johnny and that will give him the best chance to succeed.

Not a fan of the little engine that could but don't mind the Brown's taking a chance on him. I think they have a shot to make the playoffs this season led by Hoyer. Some Manziel sprinkles here and there this season however I still think this is Hoyer's team this year as long as healthy. I think they will take the old school "sit and learn" approach with Johnny and that will give him the best chance to succeed.
waitDo people think Hoyer is gonna start all season?

Coming off a knee injury with the owners favorite Johnny Football selling tickets and riding the pine?

No way

Wake up to see the Johnny news on TV. ####. ####. Son of a #####. Hope I'm wrong, but I see us remaining mired in mediocrity another couple of years now.

Way to deflect Mac.
I don't like the manziel pick.

I am taking about teddy. I said pick 4 would be dumb. Seems many GMs agreed.
:confused:

I don't get it either.

When the cards fell like they did, Manziel suddenly cost a quarter as much. In that 22 slot, he doesn't come with a franchise-defining pricetag any more. He's all upside, and a risk they can afford to take, especially since they picked up a 1st next year, which is like an "erase any mistake free" card. The dynamics of the draft fell in such a way that Manziel doesn't become a cap-crushing albatross if it turns out he can't play. Not sure why the pessimism. This isn't a Tebow situation. You still got a stud position player in round one, and don't have to pay through the nose for your unconventional project QB.

I don't think he's headed for Canton, either. But I don't see how a fan can be all that down on this situation.

If nothing else, with one ten-second announcement from the podium, your franchise added more new fans than every other team combined did last night. That alone packs a dividend.

waitDo people think Hoyer is gonna start all season?

Coming off a knee injury with the owners favorite Johnny Football selling tickets and riding the pine?

No way
seems unlikely. only way is if hoyer starts the season and just plays too well to sit. which is prob a long shot. i thought they should have stuck with hoyer and drafted someone in the 2nd or 3rd round.

The only way this turns out bad for Cleveland is if Bridgewater turns into the next great thing and Manziel just tanks. Making the trades to acquire Buffalo's 1st next year, a huge help in their very poor secondary AND the guy they believe can be their franchise QB??

If both Manziel and Bridgewater don't pan out, they at least didn't waste their top 5 pick on either one. As a Browns fan, I couldn't be happier right now. Maybe Manziel doesn't pan out... Maybe Bridgewater doesn't pan out.. Who knows? At least we didn't trade our second round pick to move up a few spots to take Kellen Winslow. What Farmer was able to pull off was very good. Trading a 3rd and a 5th for a 1st and and 4th, getting arguably the best secondary help AND a guy they believe they can be the franchise at QB? Seriously, how can you not be impressed with that maneuvering?

The only way this turns out bad for Cleveland is if Bridgewater turns into the next great thing and Manziel just tanks. Making the trades to acquire Buffalo's 1st next year, a huge help in their very poor secondary AND the guy they believe can be their franchise QB??

If both Manziel and Bridgewater don't pan out, they at least didn't waste their top 5 pick on either one. As a Browns fan, I couldn't be happier right now. Maybe Manziel doesn't pan out... Maybe Bridgewater doesn't pan out.. Who knows? At least we didn't trade our second round pick to move up a few spots to take Kellen Winslow. What Farmer was able to pull off was very good. Trading a 3rd and a 5th for a 1st and and 4th, getting arguably the best secondary help AND a guy they believe they can be the franchise at QB? Seriously, how can you not be impressed with that maneuvering?
I disagree slightly, in that if Manziel tanks it is bad for the browns. not as bad as if he tanked at #4 or at #11, but bad. Bridgewater doing well would make it worse.

This draft, and this administration, is going to now be judged on Johnny. It may not be fair, but that's what you buy when you draft him. As of now this group looks to have had a good night, and they have made this team more relevant than it has been since the first team left town.

For those who are non browns fans specicifally

didn't it feel like the draft peaked at Manziel last night? There was so much buzz when the browns did this,and it just felt much more subdued afterwards.

that's the star power you get with him.

didn't it feel like the draft peaked at Manziel last night? There was so much buzz when the browns did this,and it just felt much more subdued afterwards.

driven in part by the media. i was watching nfl network and they talked about him before every pick. Mayock saying the Eagels were having long discussions about Manziel, and so on. just an example of the idiocy.

driven in part by the media. i was watching nfl network and they talked about him before every pick. Mayock saying the Eagels were having long discussions about Manziel, and so on. just an example of the idiocy.
Sure it was driven by the media, but that is the point

Manziel brings the spotlight....which is why there's no way he sits the bench for Hoyer. They may let hoyer start, just because throwing JF out there for pitt then new orelans then Baltimore is tough, but i kind of doubt that. I think he'll make one or two signature plays in the preseason and that'll be it.

and, btw

the media is driven by the fans, if fans don;t care the media doesn't go there

Excellent WRs remain at the top of the 2nd, would love to see CLE get a Laitmer or Adams or Moncrief etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Definitely media-driven. Headline reads, "Here's Johnny!" They show him with the #1 jersey. He was our second pick!

One thing that people haven't mentioned yet about Manziel-mania-flying-circus.

We have the coach to handle anything like that.

'Heavy'-Pettine just rolls with everything but he's tough and doesn't take crap either.

Remember his reply when he was told that Lombardi was trying to trade two number-one draft picks for Harbaugh?

He let fly with an expetive and then said, who cares? Love it.

I mean Shurmur would have gone fetal-thumbsucking-dark-closet-knock over ref on sideline - scream at media.

'Heavy' Pettine can handle it. :cool:

Excellent WRs remain at the top of the 2nd, would love to see CLE get a Laitmer or Adams or Moncrief etc.
The more I'm thinking about it, I don't know if WR is the best move here. They still need help on the right side of the line. While upgrading WR is needed, I think they will be fine with Gordon, Burleson, Hawkings and Cameron for the year if they don't get WR help. Can go after a WR with the Bills pick next year if they don't find what they are looking for. Maybe OL here in the 2nd. I honestly don't now much about who is available though. Just thinking out loud.

Users who are viewing this thread