What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cleveland Browns (14 Viewers)

Jesus....

At this point, I'm fine with Farmer building his roster. No Gordon, no playoffs. Might as well bring Johnny along and build the team.
This actually makes a lot of sense. Cleveland wasn't going to the SB this year anyway and a rookie QB takes time to develop. By adding to the OL you add a player who will be around for a long time protecting that QB and you also add someone who will be able to block for Tate this year.

One guy on our roster that has been brought up a few times in the WR we snatched off of the Packer practice squad last year, WR Charles Johnson. He was the guy who had the ACL and we stashed him on IR. He's got size and speed, raw but he went through the GB camp and played in the preseason. He's been with us and his rehab has gone well.

Also another option to remember is we can always trade for a veteran WR.

Lots of guys coming up for free agency, going back to the Packers. They just took rookie WR Davante Adams which seems odd but both Randall Cobb and Jordy Nelson are free agents after this year so its likely that they would be open to trading one for a mid-round pick in 2015. Say for something like the 4th round pick we got in the Buffalo trade-down.

Just some other options other than just counting on rookies from this draft.

One guy on our roster that has been brought up a few times in the WR we snatched off of the Packer practice squad last year, WR Charles Johnson. He was the guy who had the ACL and we stashed him on IR. He's got size and speed, raw but he went through the GB camp and played in the preseason. He's been with us and his rehab has gone well.

Also another option to remember is we can always trade for a veteran WR.

Lots of guys coming up for free agency, going back to the Packers. They just took rookie WR Davante Adams which seems odd but both Randall Cobb and Jordy Nelson are free agents after this year so its likely that they would be open to trading one for a mid-round pick in 2015. Say for something like the 4th round pick we got in the Buffalo trade-down.

Just some other options other than just counting on rookies from this draft.
This is why I love Bracie... glass is always half full.

Is it possible we take another QB?? lol.

I still hope we trade up, but I don't think we will need to trade up too far. Maybe top of 3rd

We maybe looking at a scenario where we trade both 4th's to move into the 3rd. Grab Borland (hopefully) and a decent remaining WR.

Soul I think I heard Borlan had a med issue and may not even get drafted, not joking.

One WR I want and we're on the clock in two picks is:

Clemson WR Martavis Bryant

He's 6'4 and ran a 4.42 forty.

More on him here.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/Draft-Profile-WR-Bryant-stepping-out-of-Watkins-shadow/1c2bcbbc-c803-4c14-8d14-b60cf2f29c5e

Draft Profile: WR Bryant stepping out of Watkins' shadow

Posted Apr 30, 2014

Martavis Bryant has long been known as the other Clemson wide receiver. Now set to embark on an NFL career, Bryant is ready to make a name for himself instead of being a complement to Sammy Watkins.

Clemson WR Martavis Bryant was seen as the ‘other’ pass catcher from Clemson for much of the 2013 season, by fans and opponents alike. With Sammy Watkins getting much of the attention from defensive coordinators, Bryant was often left in one-on-one matchups.

“It was great because Sammy opened up opportunities for me to get the ball in certain situations during the game,” Bryant said.

After he decided to enter the NFL Draft and forgo his senior year at Clemson, the 6’4” receiver needed to prove that he was a legitimate prospect in his own right, and didn’t simply benefit from having Watkins on the other side of the field and Tajh Boyd throwing him passes.

He has already shown flashes of brilliance over his three years at Clemson. In the 2014 Orange Bowl against Ohio State he had three receptions, including two for touchdowns. Those touchdowns were both on well-defended short-yardage fade routes, a way in which NFL teams will be looking to use him in the years to come.

Still, Bryant knew he had aspects of his game to work on before the NFL Combine in February and Clemson’s Pro Day in March. So this offseason, he has been working with NFL Hall of Fame WR Cris Carter in Boca Raton, Florida.

One of the knocks on Bryant is his inconsistency with route running, especially on crossing routes. For such a big receiver, he was not always as physical as he needed to be and sometimes struggled to get open underneath. Carter, known for being one of the best route runners in NFL history, certainly has plenty to offer Bryant in that area of his game.

“He taught me a lot of things,” Bryant said in reference to the Hall of Famer. “Coming out of my routes I tend to pop up a little bit, but I’ve been working on that a little. I should be fine.”

Bryant’s unique combination of size and speed may be too great for some teams to pass up. He ran a 4.42 40-yard dash at the NFL Combine, along with a 39-inch vertical leap and has 33-inch arms. One of the most important things a scout looks for in a wideout is catch radius, or how big of an area a receiver can cover in order to catch a pass. A larger catch radius means more room for error in a quarterback’s passes. Bryant has all of the raw tools to be an elite prospect in this area.

“Bryant reminds me a lot of [bengals WR A.J.] Green coming out of Georgia,” ESPN NFL Draft analyst Todd McShay said. “He adjusts well to the ball, I just think he never was a great fit in that Clemson offense where a lot of stuff is horizontal. If he can get with a big, strong-arm quarterback who can get him the ball down the field, watch out for Bryant as a third, fourth round pick as a steal in this class.”

Some scouts thought that with an extra year at Clemson to polish some of his flaws, Bryant could have been a top-15 pick in the 2015 draft, especially with another year under Clemson WR coach Jeff Scott, who is widely regarded as of the best position coaches in college football. But Bryant thinks he is ready for the NFL right now.

“It really had to be a decision between me and my mom and my grandma,” Bryant said of his decision to turn pro. “It has been a lifelong dream. I never thought I’d be here, but I’m here.”

Kirksey wasn't on my radar at all.

Linebacker was the other position outside of O-line I was hoping we'd address early so hopefully this kid can play or can be developed as an inside LB.

Ray's certianly not panicking on the wideouts that much is clear.

Users who are viewing this thread