Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

**** CLEVELAND BROWNS THREAD ****

Manziel's jersey has apparently already outsold that of Luck and RG3 combined coming out of the draft.

Ummm... yup. Cleveland back on the map

Do you know who has sold the 2nd most?

It's not anyone that you'd normally think.

If I was guessing, Id think Watkins... but probably... Mack?

Manziel's jersey has apparently already outsold that of Luck and RG3 combined coming out of the draft.

Michael Sam

Michael Sam

Yep.

Michael Sam

Yep.

Those 49er fans are a wild bunch

you left out tebow!!

Just call him Johnny Cash.

So many No. 2 Cleveland Browns jerseys with Johnny Manziel's name on them have been sold since he was drafted Thursday night that the rookie quarterback has the best-selling jersey on NFLShop.com since April 1, topping the likes of Russell Wilson, Peyton Manningand Colin Kaepernick.

The league wouldn't say how many Manziel jerseys were sold, but it did say that the official website store sold nearly as many Manziel jerseys across draft weekend, from Thursday to Sunday, as it sold Robert Griffin III,Andrew Luck and Tim Tebow jerseys during their draft weekends combined.

Michael Sam

Yep.

I would tweet "OMG" but I'd probably get fined.

Hey Soul............I told ya it wouldn't be so bad if we traded down out of that "elite" group: :)))))

You know you love Gilbert and that pretty looking 2015 1st.

if you told me today CLE traded down from #4, Id still be pissed.

we absolutely FLEECED buffalo to move down 5 spots. a 2015 1st and 4th... ya, I didnt see that coming.

Cant argue, I like it. It was a filthy move.

something interestying to consider

buf traded stevie johnson, if the browns knew they needed a WR they could have tried to work him in, but did not!

i am guessing they have other plans at WR

Or didnt want Johnson.

Stevie Johnson is making $8 million a year. Last year he showed up to camp overweight and out of shape. Reports are the Buffalo coaches felt he was 'flaky'. They made a bold move-up to land Watkins and then immediately traded him away for not much considering his production.

Pettine coached in Buffalo last year. He would have the inside scoop on him.

We knew at the time we made the deal to move-down with Buffalo about Gordon's failed test so we 'probably' could have gotten him instead of that 2015 4th round pick.

We simply did not have the interest in him.

Edited by Bracie Smathers
  • Like 2

Stevie Johnson is making $8 million a year. Last year he showed up to camp overweight and out of shape. Reports are the Buffalo coaches felt he was 'flaky'. They made a bold move-up to land Watkins and then immediately traded him away for not much considering his production.

Pettine coached in Buffalo last year. He would have the inside scoop on him.

We knew at the time we made the deal to move-down with Buffalo about Gordon's failed test so we 'probably' could have gotten him instead of that 2015 4th round pick.

We simply did not have the interest in him.

yup. connect the dots.

no to FInley.

I have a feeling there will be 5-10 halfway decent guys either released or traded cheaply over the next couple months. I would bet anything we get at least one

Finley is damaged goods at this point.

i agree, Farmer will find someone serviceable for a year.

no to FInley.

I have a feeling there will be 5-10 halfway decent guys either released or traded cheaply over the next couple months. I would bet anything we get at least one

Finley is damaged goods at this point.

i agree, Farmer will find someone serviceable for a year.

Reports are he's doing well on his rehab and was cleared to practice. My mistake on his injury, it was his neck that needed fusing. Happened in the game we played against them but he's doing well from reports.

Reason I suggested him is redzone receiving threats which we currently have a grand total of TE Jordan Cameron. No WR redzone receiving threats on the club right now unless you want to count CJ (Charles Johnson).

Greg Little has always disappointed down near the goal line, Burleson couldn't make it out of mini-camp without re-fracturing his arm, what happens if he takes one-hit in a real game let alone all of the hits he'll take in camp/pre-season. Hawkins is not a big-tall redzone threat.

We will find WRs on the wire 'eventually' or make a minor trade but Finley is out there now as a free agent and he's a legit, big-tall-strong, redzone threat. That is something this offense lacks at the moment. We need that. If you shoot down Finley who ya got? Who>?

The division as a whole had good solid drafts.

Here are the AFCN players drafted.

Thoughts?

BENGALS:

24. CB Darqueze Dennard, Michigan State
55. RB Jeremy Hill, Louisiana State
88. DE Will Clarke, West Virginia
111. C/OG Russell Bodine, North Carolina
164. QB AJ McCarron, Alabama
212. OLB Marquis Flowers, Arizona
239. WR James Wright, Louisiana State
252. CB/FS Lavelle Westbrooks, Georgia Southern

BROWNS:

8. CB Justin Gilbert, Oklahoma State
22. QB Johnny Manziel, Texas A&M
35. OG Joel Bitonio, Nevada
71. ILB Christian Kirksey, Iowa
94. RB Terrance West, Towson
127. CB/FS Pierre Desir, Lindenwood

RAVENS:

17. ILB C.J. Mosley, Alabama
48. NT Timmy Jernigan, Florida State
79. FS Terrence Brooks, Florida State
99. TE Crockett Gillmore, Colorado State
134. DE Brent Urban, Virginia
138. RB Lorenzo Taliaferro, Coastal Carolina
175. OG John Urschel, Penn State
194. QB Keith Wenning, Ball State
218. WR Mike Campanaro, Wake Forest

STEELERS:

15. ILB Ryan Shazier, Ohio State
46. DE Stephon Tuitt, Notre Dame
97. RB/WR Dri Archer, Kent State
118. WR Martavis Bryant, Clemson
157. CB Shaquille Richardson, Arizona
173. OT Wesley Johnson, Vanderbilt
192. ILB Jordan Zumwalt, UCLA
215. NT Daniel McCullers, Tennessee
230. TE Rob Blanchflower, Massachusetts

Thoughts?

BENGALS:

BROWNS:

RAVENS:

STEELERS:

The first couple Steelers picks are going to recharge that D. If I had to rank based on overall value at the given draft slots:

1. Browns (Really like the value on Bitonio, West, and Desir + Bills trade was a homerun)

2. Steelers (Archer might be a reach, but Bryant could be big hit)

3. Bengals (Nothing really stands out to me, other than thinking McCarron pick was a waste)

4. Ravens (As a FSU fan, skeptical how Jernigan translates to NFL)

Ravens will most likely prove me wrong given their draft track record, but I don't see it at the moment.

Thoughts?

BENGALS:

BROWNS:

RAVENS:

STEELERS:

The first couple Steelers picks are going to recharge that D. If I had to rank based on overall value at the given draft slots:

1. Browns (Really like the value on Bitonio, West, and Desir + Bills trade was a homerun)

2. Steelers (Archer might be a reach, but Bryant could be big hit)

3. Bengals (Nothing really stands out to me, other than thinking McCarron pick was a waste)

4. Ravens (As a FSU fan, skeptical how Jernigan translates to NFL)

Ravens will most likely prove me wrong given their draft track record, but I don't see it at the moment.

Lets not forget that the Bills have not drafted outside of the 12th pick in almost 10 years. Huge added bonus IMO.

Peyton Manning aside, i think neck injuries are much more serious than most people.

one name that comes to mind that may come cheap enough and could use a fresh start is Denarius Moore of the Radiers.

maybe someone like that who has fallen out of favor with their team but still has a pretty good skill set could be a good fit for the Browns?

• Like 2

Peyton Manning aside, i think neck injuries are much more serious than most people.

one name that comes to mind that may come cheap enough and could use a fresh start is Denarius Moore of the Radiers.

maybe someone like that who has fallen out of favor with their team but still has a pretty good skill set could be a good fit for the Browns?

Finley's neck was more scary when it happened but he wasn't hurt as bad as originally thought. It wasn't a case of him being on his fourth surgery and thirteenth NFL season as a player in his late 30s.

He had successful surger and all reports have been good and he's already cleared to practice.

Demarius Moore isn't a red-zone weapon, Finley is.

He's available and we are in need. Its not like we've got loads of options so you can't nit-pick due to injury especially when the guy is cleared. Why not take a shot? He won't/can't demand a huge long term contract so we could get him on a one-year prove-it agreement but if he plays well we can extend him.

Again who is your red-zone weapon if not Finley?

If I had just been drafted I would tell everyone that the team that took me is exactly where I wanted to be too. Honestly, I don't think this means much at all.

ProFootballTalk @ProFootballTalk 10m

Browns, Joe Haden agree to new contract through 2019 http://wp.me/p14QSB-9tPl

:hifive:

Good job Ray.

With the draft being pushed back so far we need to get going on those draft picks signed so getting Haden out of the way is FANTASTIC NEWS!

===============

And this is the thing that the media is picking up with Bridgewater's comments.

-----------------------------------------------------

Luke Easterling@NFLDraftReport2 hrs

Bridgewater: "I actually told my agent that that's not the place I want to be." #Browns

-----------------------------------------------------

After his poor Pro Day he was asked how he felt he did and he said he did good when it was obvious to everyone he did not have a good Pro Day. That stood out to me, I didn't like those comments. If he had a good Pro Day and said that I would have no problem but when he had a poor Pro Day and said that I just didn't like it.

He's only 21, so he has room to mature but right now maybe he is a bit immature and the reason why he fell could be tied into the reports that he didn't impress during the interview process.

Manziel is impressing me in every interview he's done. He's handling the circus and he's already been slammed by Roethesberger for being too-small to play in the AFCN and from others but he's handled it pretty well AFIC.

I'm not going to slam Bridgewater but I do recall how I didn't like his comments that he did good at his Pro Day and now I see absolutely no reason for him to publically say anything negative about the Browns.

Haden has been money for CLE since drafting him . It's alot of money guarenteed but for once, a high quality player gets drafted by CLE and they WANT to stay for a second contract!

----

On the topic of WR, I would think the Browns would reach out to Jax and see how available Cecil Shorts is going to be and the cost

He is from Cleveland and with Jax drafting 2 top tier rookie WR with Bortles, and getting rid of MJD, Jax could be in a clean out and reshape the frachise mode

Haden has been money for CLE since drafting him . It's alot of money guarenteed but for once, a high quality player gets drafted by CLE and they WANT to stay for a second contract!

----

On the topic of WR, I would think the Browns would reach out to Jax and see how available Cecil Shorts is going to be and the cost

He is from Cleveland and with Jax drafting 2 top tier rookie WR with Bortles, and getting rid of MJD, Jax could be in a clean out and reshape the frachise mode

I seriously doubt they're willing to part with him. He's their WR1 and is still on his rookie contract.

Just thought of one guy who could help out the reciever corps if he's healthy.

TE Jeremiah Finley

He was/is a free agent. His knee is probably still not 100% but I think he is on schedule.

If he's healthy he would be a nice add IMHO.

Just a thought.

Can you share more about Jeremiah Finley?

TE Jeremiah Finley

He was/is a free agent. His knee is probably still not 100% but I think he is on schedule.

Just a thought.

http://havredegrace.patch.com/groups/police-and-fire/p/jeremiah-finley-havre-de-grace-man-charged-as-drug-kingpin-for-alleged-cocaine-distribution

• Like 1

TE Jeremiah Finley

Just a thought.

http://havredegrace.patch.com/groups/police-and-fire/p/jeremiah-finley-havre-de-grace-man-charged-as-drug-kingpin-for-alleged-cocaine-distribution

No pot, that's a plus.

• Like 1

I think they are doing it because it would just be unbearably annoying.

Whoever brought up Cecil Shorts.........he would be GREAT to get here, I just don't think Jacksonville would have any interest in trading him for any sort of price we would be willing to pay. He is their #1 WR, young, and not expensive. Yeah they got two rookies, but wasn't there some other team that drafted two WRs in the 2nd round and that didn't exactly turn out so well...................cough cough.................................in all seriousness though, I can't see them dealing Shorts.

Whoever brought up Cecil Shorts.........he would be GREAT to get here, I just don't think Jacksonville would have any interest in trading him for any sort of price we would be willing to pay. He is their #1 WR, young, and not expensive. Yeah they got two rookies, but wasn't there some other team that drafted two WRs in the 2nd round and that didn't exactly turn out so well...................cough cough.................................in all seriousness though, I can't see them dealing Shorts.

I'd say you're right. Looks like an extension is on the horizon.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/05/14/jaguars-talking-extension-with-cecil-shorts/

TE Jeremiah Finley

Just a thought.

He may be a bad influence on Josh Gordon's prospects.

It was I who brought up Cecil Shorts, lol.... and yeah its more of a distant reach than anything but thought I'd throw that in the discussion. Yeah that Robiske, Massaquoi draft was ummm.. yeah