• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MAC_32

• ghostguy123

• amnesiac

• Bracie Smathers

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Of course he was concussed...I'm sure Haley kept reminding him on the sideline he was concussed.  Haley wasn't going to let him back in that game, Hue be damned.   Taylor: Coach, I can play.  I ju

This isn't going to be a "only positive comments allowed" type thing. But don't do what you did. And you know what you did. If you've got something constructive to discuss about how the team

Ryan Engle‏ @rengle83 13h13 hours ago I read the survival handbook for these situations. If you’re attacked by a Jermaine Whitehead, just pretend like you’re a tight end running at a moderate pac

I hate Johnny more than anyone, and Mccown's name appropriately rhymes with clown, but I want this:

- Draft at pick 12, there will be nice players there

- trade pick 19 for ideally a 2nd this year and 2016 1st

Go with Mccown week 1 unless Johnny beats him out. Put Johnny in by week 4 and just see what happens. 0-16??? So be it. Qb next year I guess, to go with the picks we are about to have plus a later 1st next year from trading pick 19 this year.

Or maybe Johnny doesnt suck. Longshot, but in either scenario I am happy

Yeah, fire everyone, watch Alex Mack opt out, then Gipson and Taylor walk...that sounds like a great plan.

hey, you can't blame a Browns fan for already thinking we are playing for next year before the season even starts.

my other problem with that line of thinking is that every year we hear the same thing: NEXT year's rookie class is SO MUCH BETTER!!!

i'm so sick of that one.

i'm not saying that occasionally trading back to pick up extra picks is a bad thing, but to act like 2016 is this magical draft that we need to compile picks for is silly.

It is kinda funny to hear that so much. But I don't think Ghost is saying 2016 is so special...if the plan is to evaluate Manziel this year (and I know some of you want nothing to do with this) then I too would be investigating ways to get another 1st next year. His idea of 19 for a 2015 2nd (or 3rd I suppose) and 2016 1st is a worthy thought.

I hate Johnny more than anyone, and Mccown's name appropriately rhymes with clown, but I want this:

Go with Mccown week 1 unless Johnny beats him out. Put Johnny in by week 4 and just see what happens. 0-16??? So be it. Qb next year I guess, to go with the picks we are about to have plus a later 1st next year from trading pick 19 this year.

Yeah, fire everyone, watch Alex Mack opt out, then Gipson and Taylor walk...that sounds like a great plan.

If Haslam is actually part of that plan, then nobody will get fired.

This is what I WANT. I realize it wont happen.

hey, you can't blame a Browns fan for already thinking we are playing for next year before the season even starts.

my other problem with that line of thinking is that every year we hear the same thing: NEXT year's rookie class is SO MUCH BETTER!!!

i'm so sick of that one.

i'm not saying that occasionally trading back to pick up extra picks is a bad thing, but to act like 2016 is this magical draft that we need to compile picks for is silly.

Maybe you guys missed the part where I said there is still some chance that Johnny DOESNT suck.

It is kinda funny to hear that so much. But I don't think Ghost is saying 2016 is so special...if the plan is to evaluate Manziel this year (and I know some of you want nothing to do with this) then I too would be investigating ways to get another 1st next year. His idea of 19 for a 2015 2nd (or 3rd I suppose) and 2016 1st is a worthy thought.

Let me preface this by saying I hate Johnny as a player. I never thought he would be good when I watched him in college, still dont.

However, if you draft a QB in the first round like Johnny, a guy you KNOW is raw (if they didnt they are dumber than we even thought), and you are willing to just completely give up after 2 games, then people need to be fired, ideally anyone and everyone in charge of drafting.

I realize the alcohol and rehab crap is something somewhat unexpected. I mean, we knew he was a party guy, but they likely didnt see REHAB coming.

But if they didnt see major growing pains coming with Johnny, they are horribly stupid, and then compounding the problem by just giving up after barely enough game tape to even know what happened.

Give him a shot. Maybe he shocks the world and plays well. Or he sucks and we get a high pick.

Probably better than bringing in bradford to go 6-10 or lettin mccown go 5-11

Browns take Gordon OR Gurley at 19 and I am officially done being a fan.

I've gone through plenty in 30+ years, and that'd just be the last straw. SO SO SO many players that can help us in positions of need (get a damn o-lineman, or whatever), but taking an RB when we have 2 VERY capable ones, and one potential stud.. and that's it.

People #### all over the Browns, but forget that we were 7-9 last season, with the worst 1-2 QB combo in.... forever? toss in a few more pieces, or hell, move UP for mariota... give yourself a shot at a damn winning season.

RB!? RB!????

I can;t care if the ####### team itself doesn't care.

Easy. You're gonna pop a vein, LOL!

Would you guys trade the second rounder for Adrien Peterson?

I wont pop anything. I'll just fold my membership.

I'll watch the NFL as a fairweather fan and try to just enjoy whoever is playing, as opposed to watching the same team I have my entire life.

There's only so much I can take... and we're way better than ppl give us credit for. taking a RB at 19 sets us back HUGE. when taking a position of need sets us a step ahead.

Actually the best run teams take the BPA and do not draft for need, for the most part. I know from other thread that you're super high on Crowell, but he was an UDFA last year while Gurley and Gordon are considered first round talents in a much better and deeper draft for running backs.

If the team wants to establish the run and play defense, getting a stud RB and having Crowell and West as depth is not a terrible idea.

Edited by Dr. Octopus

i'm so sick of that one.

Maybe you guys missed the part where I said there is still some chance that Johnny DOESNT suck.

yeah... we'll agree to disagree on that one, sir.

I guess this is where I'm at heading in.

For our first 3 picks, the best outcome looks like DT -- OL -- WR. BPA should line up decently enough with those selections, which happen to be needs. Then WR -- OL/DT -- BPA as the next best.

A top 3 WR makes it to 12, it needs to be highly considered. That could mean Shelton is off the board also, so the decision becomes easier. I like the OL options better at 19, so WR here and OL at 19.

WR group at 19 scares me a little, so we'll see what happens there.

I expect us to be active in the trade market again. Up a few spots (uggh), down a few spots, something like that. I don't see us in play for #2 overall or helping Philly get #2 overall (unless we are getting a sweeter deal than 12 or 19 straight up for Bradford, then it's a possibility).

So, we'll take a RB and a CB. :unsure:

Browns take Gordon OR Gurley at 19 and I am officially done being a fan.

I've gone through plenty in 30+ years, and that'd just be the last straw. SO SO SO many players that can help us in positions of need (get a damn o-lineman, or whatever), but taking an RB when we have 2 VERY capable ones, and one potential stud.. and that's it.

People #### all over the Browns, but forget that we were 7-9 last season, with the worst 1-2 QB combo in.... forever? toss in a few more pieces, or hell, move UP for mariota... give yourself a shot at a damn winning season.

RB!? RB!????

I can;t care if the ####### team itself doesn't care.

liar

For our first 3 picks, the best outcome looks like DT -- OL -- WR. BPA should line up decently enough with those selections, which happen to be needs. Then WR -- OL/DT -- BPA as the next best.

A top 3 WR makes it to 12, it needs to be highly considered. That could mean Shelton is off the board also, so the decision becomes easier. I like the OL options better at 19, so WR here and OL at 19.

I expect us to be active in the trade market again. Up a few spots (uggh), down a few spots, something like that. I don't see us in play for #2 overall or helping Philly get #2 overall (unless we are getting a sweeter deal than 12 or 19 straight up for Bradford, then it's a possibility).

OL depth needs to be addressed, but I will be very disappointed if it's done in the top 50.

OL depth needs to be addressed, but I will be very disappointed if it's done in the top 50.

The depth player should be our starting RT the past 2 years.

Schwartz isn't good but the ol is probably the least of this team's problems.

Maybe for 2015, but what about 2016, 2017......

I want the best players we can get. We have no idea what our needs will be in a year or 2.

Read further back, draft one/some. Not top 50.

Schwartz isn't good but the ol is probably the least of this team's problems.

Bingo, Browns just need to pick up a combo C/G guy anywhere after the 2nd Rd.

Or OT early and combo later.

i love it, 660 lbs of linemen.

do they score points?

They could have filled Erving's selection in the 3rd Rd. We essentially drafted 2 #1 picks to replace 2 current #1 picks (Mack & Taylor). I don't know if the browns gained anything. I do know that M. Brown is going to be a monster under Belichek.

Edited by mr fancypants

i love it, 660 lbs of linemen.

do they score points?
i've heard it's a team sport.
Ok,then who on this team is going to score points?
i can't believe you're upset by these picks.

who would you have liked them to pick, Mac?

I liked picking Shelton. Offense needs weapons though. I wanted one in the top fifty as well as someone that can get after the qb. Now we can only get one of those. If you told me picking Shelton meant we get Erving at 19 then I'd say pick Parker then come back with Malcom Brown.

Approaching this from another angle: WHO I DON'T WANT...

1. Any player who won't try to outwork his opponents. If you think you can throw on the pads & jersey and win games in the NFL, you're delusional.

2. A QB that can't throw, a WR that can't catch, a defender that can't tackle. You get the gist -- No Perriman.

3. Sammy Watkins. Huh??? People are still whining about him. He wasn't close to being the White Knight who saved Buffalo. If he played in Cleveland, we'd have won the same number of games. Get off your emotional high horse and check out his stats. Add the best WR of 2015 rookies to the Browns and we still need a ton of talent.

4. Anybody who fills a need, but isn't close to BPA. (ie Don't reach for a Tight End.)

I'm happy.

I liked picking Shelton. Offense needs weapons though. I wanted one in the top fifty as well as someone that can get after the qb. Now we can only get one of those. If you told me picking Shelton meant we get Erving at 19 then I'd say pick Parker then come back with Malcom Brown.

the way this group handles the reciever position seems to be sign cheap vets and hope for the best.

i don't see them investing high picks at reciever any time soon.

i like the RBs they have already.

there don't seem to be any highly rated TEs in this draft.

so basically you wanted a reciever, which just doesn't seem to jive with their philosophy.

I think players that score points are of more importance than pass rush, but either or a trade down would have sufficed.

As is there are not scorers on this offense. Crow is it and that can easily be debated too.

I think players that score points are of more importance than pass rush

So did Matt Millen. :thumbup:

Lombardi, Noll, Parcells, Belichick, Carroll et al disagree.

I didn't know we got Brady and Wilson at qb last night.

Thanks.

I think players that score points are of more importance than pass rush

So did Matt Millen. :thumbup:

Lombardi, Noll, Parcells, Belichick, Carroll et al disagree.

I didn't know we got Brady and Wilson at qb last night.

Thanks.

Well, the sixth and third rounds, respectively, haven't taken place yet.

And, speaking of New England and Seattle, are you implying that they had the most, or best, "players that score points"? How about Dallas or GB?

Don't watch much college ball anymore, but like that we didn't try to move around and took some solid players. According to Mayock's top 5's, we got the #2 interior O line and the #2 interior D line. I like the direction and will look forward to seeing Shelton vs. Pouncey, etc. Here's hoping he turns into something like Haloti Ngata for the next 8 years.

Any predictions for the pick in the 2nd? I just hope they don't reach for a QB. Wouldn't mind a solid WR. Gotta think they don't take another lineman.

Interior offensive linemen
1. Brandon Scherff, Iowa
2. Cameron Erving, Florida State
3. Laken Tomlinson, Duke
4. A.J. Cann, South Carolina
5. Tre' Jackson, Florida State

Offensive tackle
1. La'el Collins, LSU
2. T.J. Clemmings, Pittsburgh
3. Andrus Peat, Stanford
4. Ereck Flowers, Miami (Fla.)
T-5. D.J. Humphries, Florida
T-5. Cedric Ogbuehi, Texas A&M

Interior defensive linemen
1. Leonard Williams, USC
2. Danny Shelton, Washington
3. Malcom Brown, Texas
4. Arik Armstead, Oregon
T-5. Jordan Phillips, Oklahoma
T-5. Eddie Goldman, Florida State

Ray deciding he needs more than 10 picks trading the 43rd choice to Houston.

Looks like pick 43 for 51/119? I think anyway.

I can see him deal 1-2 picks straight up for better 2016 picks though. He should anyway. Dont need more than 10 rooks.

Did seem like a good spot to nab a guy like Strong or something.

Edited by ghostguy123

I can see him deal 1-2 picks straight up for better 2016 picks though. He should anyway. Dont need more than 10 rooks.

Copied from sportsline.

Houston acquires a second-round pick (No. 43 overall) and seventh-round (No. 229 overall) from Cleveland for a second-round pick (No. 51 overall), fourth-round pick (No. 116 overall) and sixth-round picks (No. 195 overall).

Edited by mr fancypants

He's still there....have to worry about the Chiefs now, probably not the Bills next.

• Like 1

They may have been going to draft Funchess (as a TE) who went 2 picks before theirs. probably never will here that from them though if that's what it was

That crossed my mind as well.

Maxx is still out there, I'd rather pass on him though.

Strong or gamble on Gregory I'd say.

Whoa, was that Jim Kelly's daughter (and wife)? Smokin'