What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cleveland Browns (9 Viewers)

Forget 2015. This team has secured the #1 pick in the 2016 draft and that is actually a good thing because they will have the pick of a good crop of QBs. They just have to make the right pick.

Forget 2015. This team has secured the #1 pick in the 2016 draft and that is actually a good thing because they will have the pick of a good crop of QBs. They just have to make the right pick.
Unfortunately the team is too good to land the #1. Maybe the #4. Though I guess it depends what they are REALLY paying Mccown to do.

I dont get the Duke Johnson pick either. RB is the one position where I prefer they do NOT go BPA.

Don't know anything about Cooper, but love the Orchard and Duke picks. Johnson is not just a home run hitter, he is tough as hell for a smaller guy between the tackles. Only concern is health, it's a legit one though. Big upgrade to West.

Maybe a Titus Davis today, please?

amnesiac said:
flapgreen said:
This organization is freaking terrible
why do you say that?
because he's a miserable ####head.Great draft for CLE, you have to think. Drafting 4 linemen is heart-warming.
i think the opinions on this board are skewed because the primary focus is on Fantasy Football. from that perspective, it has not been an exciting draft.

i believe that they've made the team better over the last two days.

amnesiac said:
flapgreen said:
why do you say that?
because he's a miserable ####head.Great draft for CLE, you have to think. Drafting 4 linemen is heart-warming.
i think the opinions on this board are skewed because the primary focus is on Fantasy Football.from that perspective, it has not been an exciting draft.

Virtually every team that drafted a player over the last two days can claim that.

amnesiac said:
flapgreen said:
why do you say that?
i think the opinions on this board are skewed because the primary focus is on Fantasy Football.from that perspective, it has not been an exciting draft.

Virtually every team that drafted a player over the last two days can claim that.
you are correct. but do you have anything specific to contribute to the discussion?

Nothing flashy but I like it. CLE was included in the poll on nflnetwork after the draft "Who had the best draft?" w/ TB, TN, ATL, and a couple others. I would have preferred a stud WR w/ the 2nd pick vs. Erving, but what do I know?

I'm surprised that Farmer used all of the picks and didn't try to swap some for better picks next year. And I don't understand the TE run in R6 - also waiting that long. Hopefully one of them will emerge and start.

I'll be happy if 6+ of these guys make the final roster. What's the vibe like on the northcoast??

Found this on SBnation

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl-mock-draft/2015/5/2/8535351/2015-nfl-draft-grades-jaguars-falcons-cowboys-broncos-patriots-packers-giants-steelers-seahawks

Cleveland Browns

1 (12). Danny Shelton, DT, Washington

1 (19). Cameron Erving, OL, Florida State

2 (51). Nate Orchard, OLB, Utah

3 (77). Duke Johnson, RB, Miami

3 (96). Xavier Cooper, DT, Washington State

4 (115). Ibraheim Campbell, S, Northwestern

4 (123). Vince Mayle, WR, Washington State

6 (189). Charles Gaines, CB, Louisville

6. (195). Malcolm Johnson, TE, Mississippi State

6 (198). Randall Telfer, TE, USC

7 (219). Hayes Pullard, OLB, USC

7 (241). Ifo Ekpre-Olomu, CB, Oregon

Best pick: Johnson - We can bemoan Cleveland again passing on a wide receiver high in the draft, but Johnson will be a factor in the passing game.

Questionable pick: Erving - Although Erving is going to be a good player for the Browns, is he going to crack the starting lineup as a rookie?

The Browns smartly added talent to their defensive line and it should go a long way in improving one of the league's worst run defenses. Shelton will knock people around and occupy multiple blockers and Cooper can be used on passing downs. Johnson may seem like a redundant choice considering the Browns have Isaiah Crowell and Terrance West but he does things in the passing game they're just not capable of doing. Getting Mayle in the fourth round was a nice move. His hands are inconsistent, but he'll go over the middle. Taking a flyer on Ekpre-Olomu was a good move. If his knee is OK, the Browns got a highly regarded player.

Overall grade: B

Last edited by a moderator:
MAC_32 said:
Obviously curious about his medical, but Ifo was likely a first rounder a year ago.
Wasn't he like a first rounder in Nov/Dec before the injury?

Solid use of a late pick having so many draft picks. Possible that he is on IR all season, correct?

MAC_32 said:
Obviously curious about his medical, but Ifo was likely a first rounder a year ago.

Solid use of a late pick having so many draft picks. Possible that he is on IR all season, correct?
Interesting strategy, I wonder why they didn't use the same on La'el Collins.

Seems to be more than meets the eye with Collins. My assumption is that the league mandated the situation, even though I am rarely a conspiracy theorist. Should be interesting to see how they proceed. I expect a new mechanism to arise for this sort of situation.

Seems to be more than meets the eye with Collins. My assumption is that the league mandated the situation, even though I am rarely a conspiracy theorist. Should be interesting to see how they proceed. I expect a new mechanism to arise for this sort of situation.
Didnt he say something like if he got picked late he wouldnt sign?

Yeah. He said if he didn't get picked Friday he would go into the 2016 draft.

Yeah. He said if he didn't get picked Friday he would go into the 2016 draft.
I'm not sure he can do that. I thought once you declare for the draft in a certain year, that's it and he would just have to be a FA.

Which actually could be better for him as he can decide where he wants to go.

The way I understand it, he could refuse to sign and go into the 2016 draft IF HE WERE DRAFTED. Otherwise, he could not. Still, it makes you wonder if it wouldn't have been a good idea to burn a 7th rounder anyway. Even if you didn't sign him (most likely), you have still kept him from the Cowboys.

Users who are viewing this thread