Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

**** CLEVELAND BROWNS THREAD ****

Any Browns homers,who do you think would be the better late round flyer in a PPR league?

R. Housler or A.Hawkins?

Which one could be a decent bye week filler or even develop into a flex play late in the season?

Easily Hawkins. Housler should not be owned, in redraft or dynasty.

Meh. He's struggled with drops early in camp but it's still early. Prior to this camp, the comments from the coaching staff and other observers was very positive.

• Replies 24.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MAC_32

• ghostguy123

• amnesiac

• Bracie Smathers

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Of course he was concussed...I'm sure Haley kept reminding him on the sideline he was concussed.  Haley wasn't going to let him back in that game, Hue be damned.   Taylor: Coach, I can play.  I ju

This isn't going to be a "only positive comments allowed" type thing. But don't do what you did. And you know what you did. If you've got something constructive to discuss about how the team

Ryan Engle‏ @rengle83 13h13 hours ago I read the survival handbook for these situations. If you’re attacked by a Jermaine Whitehead, just pretend like you’re a tight end running at a moderate pac

Any Browns homers,who do you think would be the better late round flyer in a PPR league?

R. Housler or A.Hawkins?

Which one could be a decent bye week filler or even develop into a flex play late in the season?

Meh. He's struggled with drops early in camp but it's still early. Prior to this camp, the comments from the coaching staff and other observers was very positive.

Everybody gets positive words in the offseason. In Housler's case we have his whole mediocre career in Arizona to reference.

R. Housler or A.Hawkins?

Everybody gets positive words in the offseason. In Housler's case we have his whole mediocre career in Arizona to reference.

AZ is where any TE goes to die. They simply don't use them to do anything more than block. It's been like that for years.

Rex on potential ‘fireworks’ in joint practices with Browns: “We’ll conduct business as business is being done to us, I’ll promise you that

You'd think after JPP, teams would be working overtime to avoid fireworks, in practice or anywhere else...

Is Justin Gilbert hurt, or does he just suck? Reports from the joint practices are that Bills receivers have abused him all day.

He is bad. Wouldn't read too much into any WR having success against him today. He got burned by a street free agent who won't make the team according to Carruci underscoring how historically bad he performed today.

--------------------

Nate Ulrich@NateUlrichABJ 12m12 minutes ago

I didn't see #Browns CB Justin Gilbert break up a pass. I think he gave up a catch every time he was targeted. Never seen such a rough day.

Is Justin Gilbert hurt, or does he just suck? Reports from the joint practices are that Bills receivers have abused him all day.

Bad news coming off his self proclaimed flawless, besides one play, performance last Thursday.

how has Gilbert looked the rest of camp?

i was really hoping he'd get it going in year two.

I had hopes, too. From what I can gather, he is having troubles with the mental aspects of the game. That is, (speculating here) he's just not too bright.

Bad news coming off his self proclaimed flawless, besides one play, performance last Thursday.
All the talent in the world but this guy just doesn't seem to care about technique.
  • 2 weeks later...

So west or crowell?

I'm at the point where I'm willing to take a late flier on Duke Johnson and that's about it.

Crowell is not the answer. Both men down and he still couldn't seize the job. That speaks volumes. He is comfortable collecting a paycheck. Crow aint shyt. Yes I own him and hate him for doing this to me. Edited by georg013

anyone remember when people were mad the Browns didn't trade away a fortune to draft RG3?

good times.

As much as I wanted Teddy and Mariota, I also wanted RG3 and Geno.

One of them might be available here soon.

--------------------------------------------------------

Dan SteinbergVerified account@dcsportsbog 47m47 minutes ago

Consecutive analysts on the Redskins official pregame radio show have speculated about RGIII getting cut before week one

I will take RG3 over johnny suckass right now in a heartbeat.

I have never seen a player who needs a change of scenery more than Griff

you think the Browns are equipped to rehab him?

No clue. I wouldnt mind finding out.

Do you have a better suggestion for this year? I am guessing no.

I don't know if RG3 is repairable, but at this point no he is not a better 2015 option for the Browns than McCown, unfortunately.

If he is anywhere near screwed up mentally as he is being perceived then he needs to take a step back in 2015 and if he comes back with the right approach try again in 2016. Throwing him to the wolves here would be setting him up for more failure.

I don't know if RG3 is repairable, but at this point no he is not a better 2015 option for the Browns than McCown, unfortunately.

If he is anywhere near screwed up mentally as he is being perceived then he needs to take a step back in 2015 and if he comes back with the right approach try again in 2016. Throwing him to the wolves here would be setting him up for more failure.

Please for the love of Jesus explain to me how ANY young QB is a worse option than ####### Mccown. Really??