What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cleveland Browns (6 Viewers)

MAC_32 said:
ghostguy123 said:
MAC_32 said:
Then pick a Vick game from last year.
Can I pick a Mccown game from the past 13 years?
You're doing an impressive job convincing me rg3 is the answer.
You are doing an impressive job sounding clueless.

We don't know if RG3 can be the answer or not. We know Mccown isn't. We know Johnny isn't. We know Thad Lewis isnt.

RG3 had more success in his rookie year (which wasnt all that long ago) than every QB on our entire roster combined in their entire careers.

RG3 PROBABLY sucks. I will take "probably" over "definitely".

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe this sounds familiar MAC.

Have some CONVICTION!!!! A few years ago you wanted to give up the farm for RG3, now you want Josh Mccown over him.

Let that sink in a bit.

amnesiac said:
McCown looks decent.
When he wasn't letting the defense lay him out, yes.
there were a few times i couldn't believe he didn't throw it away. notice i didn't say he looked "good", just decent.
I agree, he just has to minimize the big hits if Pettine's plan may work. The rest was just about what he needs to do. He keeps taking shots like that he won't see October though.

I'm alright considering rg3 in March, not now. Should be self explanatory.
It should also be self explanatory that I wouldnt want RG3 to come here and start week 1. Derrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

It would make 100x more sense to get him NOW rather than wait till March to have him try and learn a system. THAt should be self explanatory

I'm alright considering rg3 in March, not now. Should be self explanatory.
It should also be self explanatory that I wouldnt want RG3 to come here and start week 1. Derrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

It would make 100x more sense to get him NOW rather than wait till March to have him try and learn a system. THAt should be self explanatory
not if his mind isn't right.
I would rather find out NOW if his mind isnt right than in March. Also self explanatory.

If it isn't we cut him. Simple enough. No idea how this is not sinking in

Not to mention a change of scenery could help. Might not, but would like to find out.

Rather find out about a "what if" than just give up and settle for the total dog dung we have now

If his head isn't right then bringing him in when the season has already started is not going to fix that. The team is focused on their next opponent, not playing shrink with a project qb.

If you bring him in March then you're not rushing things, you have five months to see if he is repairable. You can center more of your attention on that since you're not focusing on game planning.

I'm not excited about McCown, but the bed has been made. Win enough games not to get Pettine fired, please.

If his head isn't right then bringing him in when the season has already started is not going to fix that.
Yet you are ok with Johnny here??

PLus, you have no idea if his head is right or not. Worth finding out rather than sucking for 100% sure this year and likely next

If his head isn't right then bringing him in when the season has already started is not going to fix that.
Yet you are ok with Johnny here??

PLus, you have no idea if his head is right or not. Worth finding out rather than sucking for 100% sure this year and likely next
I didn't know we brought in Johnny just this week. Learn something new everyday...
you.................make..................no .......................sense..........................................................other than it appears you are ok being guaranteed to suck this year and next year

No, you don't understand why I think bringing in rg3 given what's happened to him the last 3 years and the current state of this team 2 weeks before the opener is a bad idea. It's ok, I forgive you.

No, you don't understand why I think bringing in rg3 given what's happened to him the last 3 years and the current state of this team 2 weeks before the opener is a bad idea. It's ok, I forgive you.
It probably is a bad idea.

But it's a better idea than settling for the total horse hockey that we have now.

At least ONE of those options has a CHANCE for something positive. Do you know which one?

I think there's a chance we win enough games for Pettine to not get fired with McCown. I don't think there is with getting rg3 now. I like Pettine and would like to stop the revolving door of coaches.

I think there's a chance we win enough games for Pettine to not get fired with McCown. I don't think there is with getting rg3 now. I like Pettine and would like to stop the revolving door of coaches.
Or Haslem could try to not be a total nimrod and understand the situation and just keep Petine for next year no matter what happens this year with the QB position.

Call me crazy, but an owner with any sense would do that.

If you are saying you don't think Haslem would think that way, and that is the only reason you wouldnt want RG3 here, then fine. But using any amount of actual logic, bringing in RG3 is more logical than rolling out Mccown and Johnny all year

The team is stable right now. Uninteresting, but stable. That's about the best you can ask for given the current personnel and it's a huge improvement from what we have dealt with the last few years.

Bringing in RG3 will undo all of that.

The team is stable right now. Uninteresting, but stable. That's about the best you can ask for given the current personnel and it's a huge improvement from what we have dealt with the last few years.

Bringing in RG3 will undo all of that.
No, it would not. First sign of him being an idiot, bam, cut. It's not hard.

And not real sure we are stable. We have the worst QB situation in football, worst WRs in the league, worst TEs in the league, and all unproven nothings at RB.

Stable? Jesus. When we go 2-14 we will see how stable this remains

Yep, there would be no distraction whatsoever bringing in rg3. None. At all.
So what if there is or isn't?

We suck right now and will suck no matter what we do with the roster as it sits right now

I guess you are right though. Why mess with a good thing

All of those bad habits and mechanical issues he has developed would just magically fix themselves too. The Browns, yeah...the Browns are the miracle cure.

biggest problem i have seen with McCown this preseason is his propensity to getting his recievers lit up when he gets the ball to them too late.

he seems to be making the reads ok, he's just half a tick too slow and i'm afraid it's going to lead to some injuries or crocodile arms on their part.

haven't seen much of him prior to the last two weeks, so i don't know if this has always been a problem with his game?

Rg3 and Ray rice combo. Browns need some changes. It's risky but something needs to be done I see 0 success for this team this year. Not saying they will with these 2 additions but you need to try and both players were explosive and can be grabbed super cheap

I like the idea of bringing in Rice.

Am I the only one that hasn't given up on Manziel? Hated drafting him but I think we need to see more than 35 pass attempts before we give up.

RGIII, no thanks.

Vic CarucciVerified account@viccarucci 1h1 hour ago

The #Bills have released RB Fred Jackson as part of their roster cut to 75, according to an #NFL source.

------------------------------------------------------------

Scott Petrak ct@ScottPetrak 1h1 hour ago

Scott Petrak ct retweeted Vic Carucci

#Browns spent yesterday talking RBs.

Seemed like a very weird release. Either Fjax slept with the coach's wife, or they know something else that we don't.

Vic CarucciVerified account‏@viccarucci 1h1 hour ago

The #Bills have released RB Fred Jackson as part of their roster cut to 75, according to an #NFL source.

Scott Petrak ct ‏@ScottPetrak 1h1 hour ago

Seemed like a very weird release. Either Fjax slept with the coach's wife, or they know something else that we don't.
Fred's no spring chicken and they have a young back that they like quite a bit. releasing him now gives him a chance to catch on somewhere before the season starts.

This from FBG news blog...

Cleveland Browns QB Connor Shaw (thumb) was placed on Injured Reserve Tuesday, Sept. 1.

Footballguys view: This explains how Thad Lewis and Pat Devlin still have spots on the roster. No Browns quarterback has fantasy value this season, so who ends up where is nearly irrelevant. Johnny Manziel has intriguing upside, but he's banged up and head coach Brian Pettine seems determined to not start him.

I'm not sure why they (FBG) would be so ignorant.

Vic CarucciVerified account‏@viccarucci 1h1 hour ago

Scott Petrak ct ‏@ScottPetrak 1h1 hour ago

Had some injuries this summer, old, and big cap number. They have a lot of big contracts coming up. Early release was more part of courteously to Fred, consummate Bill, to find a new team early. Look for him to go to a contender in need of a back.

McCown is about on par with Hoyer. Cassell might be a better option. I think youre probably looking at Johnny F starting around week 6...deja vu except he is more mature now. 6-8 wins is in the forecast...down year for the division.

The Cleveland Browns on Sunday claimed OL Austin Pasztor (pronounced PAZ-tor) via waivers from Jacksonville and traded RB Terrance West to Tennessee for a 2016 conditional draft pick. General Manager Ray Farmer made the announcement.

Pasztor is 6-7, 308-pounds and in his third NFL season out of Virginia. Originally signed by Minnesota as an undrafted free agent in 2012, Pasztor has appeared in 26 games with the Jaguars. He has started 23 career games with three starts at left guard and 20 at right tackle. Pasztor started eight games at right tackle last season. Born in Tillonsburg, Ontario, Pasztor attended Fork Union Military Academy.

West rushed for 673 yards with four touchdowns in 14 games as a rookie last season.

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/article-5/Browns-claim-OL-Austin-Pasztor-trade-RB-Terrance-West/05f31235-f949-420b-b8d3-918996459339

West never impressed me.

he would have some decent runs, and then have several where he never cut upfield.

also reading between the lines it sounds like he may have an attitude problem.

seemed to me like he was an OK back, but had zero upside.

West never impressed me.

he would have some decent runs, and then have several where he never cut upfield.

They didn't call him Terrance "East to" West for nothing.. and by they I mean me.
well, that's some pretty damning information right there, if you ask me.

West never impressed me.

They didn't call him Terrance "East to" West for nothing.. and by they I mean me.
Guilty co-signer although I never heard the clever phrase before now, I saw that from some of his highlight plays, where he would string the defense out laterally for a pretty long time before finally picking up the blocks to get downfield. I doubted this type of play would work very well at the next level of competition because defenses are just too good to stay blocked that long.

Users who are viewing this thread