What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cleveland Browns (7 Viewers)

Impressive company:

With one more interception, Dansby not only would fulfill his goal of putting his name on the 20-20 list, he'd become the fifth player in NFL history with at least 40 sacks and 20 interceptions. The four players who have achieved that are linebackers Seth Joyner, Ray Lewis, Wilber Marshall and Brian Urlacher.

@LullOnSports: Can't change the owner. Everyone below Haslam I want OUT. Don't make me expose those sexual harassment rumors... @923TheFan wouldn't like it

Interesting...

@LullOnSports: That's all I can say. Ask the women who used to work for the Browns how they feel about their work experience...#EndTheFratHouse

@TheRealLA__: Nice, #EndTheFratHouse ......and one exec's wife that is beyond clueless to what he's been up to #StoryForAnotherDay https://t.co/xQK9UHDV29

:popcorn:

Rich men in power cheat?? noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

I agree, fire everyone. Even the players. Everyone. trade everyone. Draft 60 players this year

I thought for sure we would win when Harbaugh took a delay of game with 1:30 left with 2 timeouts. What an idiotic move. You can't win doing stuff like that.............

Only the Browns can lose the way we just did. Incredible

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm trying to think how we can one up that, but I'm drawing blanks. We just topped Dwayne Rudd.
It's close. Such different types of endings. When you lose almost all your games you are bound to have some of them end in a steaming pile of dog doo fashion.

Yeah but how about their D in this next matchup?
the defense is one of the worst in the league.
It's a thoroughly depleted Baltimore team and on Monday Night. Tremblay has them ranked 2nd. Dodds 4th.
I'm all for creative thinking, but all this says to me is they haven't watched much of this defense this year. It's New Orleans bad.
The teams they played this year were not the trash bin they face Monday. No Smith, Flacco or Forsett. And they come off a bye for a rare nationally televised game.
There's no pass rush, the db's constantly get burned, they can't set the edge in the run game, lb's and safeties repeatedly over pursue runners in the open field or just plain miss tackles, they get run over in the four quarter once worn down, coaches are playing guys out of position, and they get penalized a ton.Good luck.
I would agree here. I understand the idea that the RAvens have lost their offensive core, but we suck, and we have nothing to play for.

The Browns don't even have the added motivation of having been beat by Baltimore last time. So we suck, we beat them last time, and we have nothing to play for.

I am not saying they definitely won't be some sort of comedy of errors for the Ravens, but I just doubt it. They probably try and shorten the game as much as possible and run clock when they get the chance.
Well, you got a nice lucky pick-6 from Dansby. That is like a 1 in a million. 10 points. Not bad.
It's his 2nd of the year, fwiw.
LOL nice work.

MAC knows his Browns but might have been too focused on the actual D instead of the opponent and FF situation. The FBG experts were right.

LOL nice work.

MAC knows his Browns but might have been too focused on the actual D instead of the opponent and FF situation. The FBG experts were right.
Not real sure I would go as far as to say they were "right". The defense was terrible. Did nothing. No sacks, though did get a pick 6 which is incredibly fluky, but hey, it did happen, and it might have even been expected against that trash QB Schaub.

However, I can't imagine a 10 point score from the defense when they pegged them as a top 3 play makes them "right" considering 10 is a fairly average score.

At best I guess you can say they "weren't wrong".

Oh yeah, anyone else notice that we never really got a good camera view of that guy returning the block? He looked rather close to the sideline wouldn't you say?

Oh yeah, anyone else notice that we never really got a good camera view of that guy returning the block? He looked rather close to the sideline wouldn't you say?
https://twitter.com/weekley/status/671558805684166656
I thought it was incredibly strange how there was no review. They are supposed to review all scores and turnovers.

Well, this happened to be one whopper of a turnover and game ending score. No ####### review??????

LOL nice work.

Not real sure I would go as far as to say they were "right". The defense was terrible. Did nothing. No sacks, though did get a pick 6 which is incredibly fluky, but hey, it did happen, and it might have even been expected against that trash QB Schaub.

However, I can't imagine a 10 point score from the defense when they pegged them as a top 3 play makes them "right" considering 10 is a fairly average score.

A pick 6 with Matt Shaub at QB is actually quite common in the last few games he has started.

LOL nice work.

A pick 6 with Matt Shaub at QB is actually quite common in the last few games he has started.
Did I say otherwise?

Again, it was 10 points. Not bad, not great. Decent. The horribleness on the defensive side showed up. Gave up a lot of points and no sacks. They certainly did not give the Ravens any sort of struggle outside of the obvious one big play.

I am not sure how those experts can be considered "right" when the D didn't do much to stop the Ravens and even with a pick 6 the D only scored 10 points which, as I said, is a pretty average defensive score.

Maybe Pryor signing is to replace Bowe in the lineup? He is highly ineffective.

Do you think the Pryor re-signing was due to Haslam asking Pettine what he needed to win and he just blurted out "Pryor!"?

Maybe Pryor signing is to replace Bowe in the lineup? He is highly ineffective.

Do you think the Pryor re-signing was due to Haslam asking Pettine what he needed to win and he just blurted out "Pryor!"?
If we're being serious I think it's because they liked him enough in August to want him back but didn't want to use a roster spot on him during the season since they didn't expect much before 2016. Plan worked since no one else picked him up.

That's giving this management team a lot of credit they really haven't earned though, so I'll stick with your theory since it better matches the clown show narrative.

MAC_32 said:
@LullOnSports: Can't change the owner. Everyone below Haslam I want OUT. Don't make me expose those sexual harassment rumors... @923TheFan wouldn't like it

Interesting...
WTF????????? Who cares about another loss? THIS is the big BREAKING story. HUGE!

Timeline of this developing story:

-------------------------------------------

.Joe Lull@LullOnSports 4m4 minutes ago

The truth will inevitably come out. I'm confident of that. Now back to my real job. Go Browns.

.Joe Lull@LullOnSports 6m6 minutes ago

At this point there are more than a few capable media outlets on the story. They can take it from here. But I do believe my sources.

.Joe Lull@LullOnSports 8m8 minutes ago

I have no dog in this fight. No agenda. Just want the crap cleaned up in the building as well as on the field. I told him as much...

.Joe Lull@LullOnSports 12m12 minutes ago

Scheiner: "I won't get into any specifics on any specific rumors."

.Joe Lull@LullOnSports 14m14 minutes ago

I asked Scheiner "have their been any incidents of sexual harassment in the organization which have resulted in non-disclosure agreements?"

.Joe Lull@LullOnSports 15m15 minutes ago

I just spoke with Browns President Alec Scheiner. We discussed the allegations of sexual harassment within the Browns organization...

.Joe Lull@LullOnSports 11h11 hours ago

Under the imminent threat of legal action, I'll stick to what I've said thus far (and what I've been told so far). Nothing more...

.LA@TheRealLA__ 13h13 hours ago

Say what you want, think what you want, @LullOnSports is speaking the truth

.Joe Lull@LullOnSports 13h13 hours ago

Browns better clean house, and fast. That's what I'm saying. Word is spreading on this abomination of an organization & it'll catch up soon.

A) I'm not in the media anymore. B) I corroborated stories in the last 48 hours. C) Step off, I owe YOU nothing.

That's all I can say. Ask the women who used to work for the Browns how they feel about their work experience... #EndTheFratHouse

From what I've heard, some quite unseemly behavior been emanating from all levels of Browns org. Time to clean house TOP TO BOTTOM.

Can't change the owner. Everyone below Haslam I want OUT. Don't make me expose those sexual harassment rumors... @923TheFan wouldn't like it

#FIRE@scheiner_alec

I want Scheiner fired too.

I want a house cleaning. Nothing short.

.Joe Lull@LullOnSports 14h14 hours ago

#FireHighSchoolMike

.Joe Lull@LullOnSports 16h16 hours ago

Unqualified, overmatched, unaccountable, and self righteous. About the only thing "good" about him is that he looks like "a football guy."

====================================

This is a HUGE STORY and it is just getting started. Pettine and his staff (maybe keep DeFilippo) are gonzo, same with Farmer (he wasn't originally hired as GM he was third in line but got handed the keys after getting rid of Lombardi and Banner), also it looks like President Scheiner (marketing guy who is an empty suit, hate those phony baloney suits who speak and look like they came out of central casting but have zero value but Jimmy got a new scoreboard that looks like the state of Tennessee at taxpayers expense and that is the role he was hired for, not for fan benefit) will be leaving as well.

They are trying to cover up the sexual harrassment story. They put the clamps on Lane Adkins and if you follow his twitter page its impossible. He never stops tweeting but its obvious he knows the same story that Lull has broken.

--------

.LA @TheRealLA__

The powers that be have forbidden me from any further discussion or to elaborate further on @LullOnSports notes and my backing him....

11:31 PM - 30 Nov 2015

Peyton wants to play even though he can't so they might make a deal of some sort where they'd give him the starting gig so long as they can move him upstairs at the end of his playing career.

--------------

BREAKING NEWS

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14267260/cleveland-browns-qb-josh-mccown-season-broken-collarbone

Browns QB Josh McCown out for season with broken collarbone​

Cleveland Browns coach Mike Pettine announced Tuesday that quarterback Josh McCown is out for the season with a broken collarbone.

Pettine said he would not name a starting QB at this time.

McCown exited the team's 33-27 last-play loss to the Baltimore Ravens with the injury in the fourth quarter Monday night. He left the locker room with his right arm in a sling.

Football thoughts on last night's game.

- OC/OG Cameron Irving > Weak. Was DOMINATED by Ravens DE Chris Canty. He utterly destroyed him. He needs to hit the weights haaaard this offseason if he wants to play in the NFL because he is simply too weak to stand up to a big strong NFL D-Lineman.

- NT Danny Shelton > I don't know how to break him down. He's not completely worthless as many want to label him because he will make the rare big play.

On the bright side. We probably won't win another game so it looks like, at worst, we will lock up the 2nd pick in the 2016 NFL draft.

http://www.walterfootball.com/nfldraftorder2016.php

​1. Tennessee 2-9

2. Cleveland 2-9

3. Dallas 3-8

4. San Diego 3-8

5. San Francisco 3-8

6. Philadelphia 4-7

7. Miami 4-7

8. Jacksonville 4-7

9. Baltimore 4-7

10. St. Louis 4-7

11. New Orleans 4-7

12. Detroit 4-7

Oh and the rumor mill is spinning. No idea if this is credible but it makes sense.

.gabe michaels@Doc_michaels 2h2 hours ago

@TheOBR @TheRealLA__ there's a rumor going that Coach Pett rec'd ultimatum to start #2 & coach rest of yr or resign.Truthful?

They are trying to cover up the sexual harrassment story. They put the clamps on Lane Adkins and if you follow his twitter page its impossible. He never stops tweeting but its obvious he knows the same story that Lull has broken.

--------

.LA @TheRealLA__

The powers that be have forbidden me from any further discussion or to elaborate further on @LullOnSports notes and my backing him....

Start a thread on it. NOBODY cares about this

I hope Johnny starts the rest of the way. Entertainment value, plus it makes sense.

Some might say we are enabling his behavior or some crap, but the needs of the organization trump that stuff. If he sucks we just cut him. If he does well then we can decide if his immature dumb crap will be worth it going forward.

From a pure entertainment fan perspective do any of you REALLY prefer to see Austin ####### Davis play over Johnny? I mean, you would enjoy that more?

--------

.LA @TheRealLA__

For those of us who play in 2QB/Superflex leagues, we do care.

I was hoping to hear more about the QB situation from people who follow the Browns.

I hope Johnny starts the rest of the way. Entertainment value, plus it makes sense.

Some might say we are enabling his behavior or some crap, but the needs of the organization trump that stuff. If he sucks we just cut him. If he does well then we can decide if his immature dumb crap will be worth it going forward.

From a pure entertainment fan perspective do any of you REALLY prefer to see Austin ####### Davis play over Johnny? I mean, you would enjoy that more?
I agree.

I understand drawing a hard line that certain behavior will not be tolerated but benching Manziel and not seeing what you have in him would be a classic case of "cutting off your nose to spite your face".

Of course, on the other hand, the staff and GM/front office that would be evaluating him for the rest of the season isn't likely to be there next year anyway. so there's that.

--------

.LA @TheRealLA__

I was hoping to hear more about the QB situation from people who follow the Browns.
huh??

--------

.LA @TheRealLA__

People that play in 2QB leagues care about sexual harassment in the front office? I don't play in any, but that seems odd.

--------

.LA @TheRealLA__

People that play in 2QB leagues care about sexual harassment in the front office? I don't play in any, but that seems odd.
Fantasy prison. Someone start a league.

As for Johnny, he would just make it more entertaining to watch the rest of the year. Simple as that. There is nothing left.

I agree.

I understand drawing a hard line that certain behavior will not be tolerated but benching Manziel and not seeing what you have in him would be a classic case of "cutting off your nose to spite your face".

Of course, on the other hand, the staff and GM/front office that would be evaluating him for the rest of the season isn't likely to be there next year anyway. so there's that.
What would he need to show to make him a viable QB?

The off field stuff is not going to stop. He is not going to listen to any limits you try and set on him.

So how good does he have to be for none of that to matter?

I cannot believe anyone thinks this kid is a franchise QB. For all the crap we heard about Winston, all we hear now is the kid is a football monster, 100% dedication. Johnny is not and likely never will be.

--------

.LA @TheRealLA__

As for Johnny, he would just make it more entertaining to watch the rest of the year. Simple as that. There is nothing left.
the problem is if the browns win more than they lose from here on out and he makes a few good plays they may feel pressure to stick with him. I don;t think you ever let this kid see the field again and you show him the door when the season ends. He has issues, the Browns do not need his issues added to their own

--------

.LA @TheRealLA__

Whoops.. I got confused with the tweets, I was referring to the rumor that Pettine got his marching orders to play Manziel or get fired.

I cannot believe anyone thinks this kid is a franchise QB. For all the crap we heard about Winston, all we hear now is the kid is a football monster, 100% dedication. Johnny is not and likely never will be.
Personally I don't think Manziel will be a franchise QB, but a team that spent a first round pick on him must think he has a chance.

Surely no one can believe Austin Davis is the long term solution. The way I see it, is that you either start Manziel or just cut him now. Why even keep him around if there's no chance he's ever going to be your starter?

--------

.LA @TheRealLA__

Whoops.. I got confused with the tweets, I was referring to the rumor that Pettine got his marching orders to play Manziel or get fired.
I was just messing around. Figured that's what happened.

Personally I don't think Manziel will be a franchise QB, but a team that spent a first round pick on him must think he has a chance.

Surely no one can believe Austin Davis is the long term solution. The way I see it, is that you either start Manziel or just cut him now. Why even keep him around if there's no chance he's ever going to be your starter?
I would agree you should cut him now

There's no way anyone can trust this guy, and what we have seen on the field is mediocre with a few glimpses of excitement

just not worth the hassle, they are starting over at that position next season no matter what

Hated the pick (less than the Gilbert pick, but still hated it), but how can we not start JFF the rest of the year? Would it be so bad if he won some games and we actually had a few receivers for him to throw to next year? I really don't want to draft another QB.

He has a better QBR (54.2) this year than:

Josh McCown
Blake Bortles
Andrew Luck
Colin Kaepernick
Peyton Manning
Joe Flacco
Sam Bradford
Ryan Tannehill
Nick Foles

And this is with arguably one of the worst WR corps.

Hated the pick (less than the Gilbert pick, but still hated it), but how can we not start JFF the rest of the year? Would it be so bad if he won some games and we actually had a few receivers for him to throw to next year? I really don't want to draft another QB.

Josh McCown
Blake Bortles
Andrew Luck
Colin Kaepernick
Peyton Manning
Joe Flacco
Sam Bradford
Ryan Tannehill
Nick Foles
The problem is if he wins a few games and you lose another year to him.

Josh McCown
Blake Bortles
Andrew Luck
Colin Kaepernick
Peyton Manning
Joe Flacco
Sam Bradford
Ryan Tannehill
Nick Foles
I don't see that as a problem. Lets start filling some other positions.

Josh McCown
Blake Bortles
Andrew Luck
Colin Kaepernick
Peyton Manning
Joe Flacco
Sam Bradford
Ryan Tannehill
Nick Foles
I don't see that as a problem. Lets start filling some other positions.
Sure it could be a problem. He does enough to earn the job next year, team builds around him, then the circus returns, ruining another season.

I mean, it'll probably be another awful season no matter who is running the ship (under center, on the sideline, and in the front office), so there's that too.

I agree.

What would he need to show to make him a viable QB?The off field stuff is not going to stop. He is not going to listen to any limits you try and set on him.

So how good does he have to be for none of that to matter?

You arent comprehending what we are saying.

--------

.LA @TheRealLA__

For those of us who play in 2QB/Superflex leagues, we do care.I was hoping to hear more about the QB situation from people who follow the Browns.

the problem is if the browns win more than they lose from here on out and he makes a few good plays they may feel pressure to stick with him. I don;t think you ever let this kid see the field again and you show him the door when the season ends. He has issues, the Browns do not need his issues added to their own
Then why play the last five games? There is nothing left to evaluate.

Oh the horror if johnny plays really well. Are you serious?

So nobody cares about the pure entertainment factor? Hell i dont mind letting him start the last five games even if they are 100% for sure cutting him.

Until the QB is undisputedly resolved I think we have to keep throwing darts at that position. **I never wanted Johnny here. His improvisation worked in Texas but IMO that won't CONSISTENTLY translate in the NFL. Add his off field baggage, and most importantly his stature/frame.. Im ok with them taking a chance on Johnny last year. He failed to do his job and Im ready for my team to move forward without him. Get me Goff or Lynch. Id like to see M.Wilkerson here in FA.

LOL nice work.

Did I say otherwise?

Again, it was 10 points. Not bad, not great. Decent. The horribleness on the defensive side showed up. Gave up a lot of points and no sacks. They certainly did not give the Ravens any sort of struggle outside of the obvious one big play.

I am not sure how those experts can be considered "right" when the D didn't do much to stop the Ravens and even with a pick 6 the D only scored 10 points which, as I said, is a pretty average defensive score.
You are missing the point, again. Which is/was to say that the team a D is playing and the state they are in is quite important. Especially later in the year.

Users who are viewing this thread