What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cleveland Browns (6 Viewers)

Too bad we didn't trade for Garoppolo we could have used our two top 5 picks on other positions.

Looks like TB just hit a miracle TD pass to beat NO and give us pick 35.

A VERY realistic offense next season:

Mayfield

Saquon - Duke 

Gordon, Crabtree, Coleman

Njoku, DeValve

... With our capspace, we should make a run at Crabtree. man would DEFINITELY open things up for us, and Gordon especially. Great possession receiver.

With our 1/4 picks, saquon and mayfield real possibilities.

Yum.

Last edited by a moderator:
A VERY realistic offense next season:

Mayfield

Saquon - Duke 

Gordon, Crabtree, Coleman

Njoku, DeValve

... With our capspace, we should make a run at Crabtre., man would DEFINITELY open things up for us, and Gordon especially. Great possession receiver.

With our 1/4 picks, saquon and mayfield real possibilities.

Yum.
Why would Crabtree want to come here.

And you guys got rid of Sasha Brown. He was killing drafts. What a terrible decision. This organization has no hope.

He wasn't ever going to get traded here.
Pretty sure if we gave up more then SF he would have got traded here.  Do you think NE was going to take less in trade because they don't want to trade him to Cleveland ?

We just didn't offer up enough or anything at all to get him.  If we had offered our own 2nd round pick and kicked in another late rounder that been plenty more then SF to get it done.

So you really think he was never getting traded here because NE has something against the Browns or did you think he was never getting traded here because Cleveland wasn't going to beat SF offer ?

Congrats on one of the most pathetic years in NFL history. With your team playing with everything to lose and an opponent with nothing to gain, and who as sitting their top players, you managed to finish 0-16. Still think your "a players and coach away",? 

Treat yourself to some new Browns gear and make your pathetic owner rich...

What is worse? This team or the poor loyal souls who continue to support it? 

How the hell do you guys still keep Hue Jackson?  I cannot believe Haslam.  Jackson is simply an awful coach.  You guys deserve better.

Pretty sure if we gave up more then SF he would have got traded here.  Do you think NE was going to take less in trade because they don't want to trade him to Cleveland ?

We just didn't offer up enough or anything at all to get him.  If we had offered our own 2nd round pick and kicked in another late rounder that been plenty more then SF to get it done.

So you really think he was never getting traded here because NE has something against the Browns or did you think he was never getting traded here because Cleveland wasn't going to beat SF offer ?
We didn't have Brian Hoyer.

Bellichik didn't want to trade him here.

I can’t fathom 1-31 and having the owner make a statement like that. I just can’t. I hate this team, I hate it’s management, I hate the ####### ballboy!!!! And I hate all you ####ers congratulating the Browns for going 0-16, #### you! So tired of this ####.
Cleveland Br0-16wns?

I don't think he was....couldn't pull the trigger on Wentz or Deshaun....you cant make colossal blunders like that. He took Julius Peppers for crying out loud
He was loading this team up but yeah they need a QB. So does 15 other teams.  Sorry but he needed more time. Cleveland is going the wrong direction. 

He was loading this team up but yeah they need a QB. So does 15 other teams.  Sorry but he needed more time. Cleveland is going the wrong direction. 
He had at least two differece maker franchise qb sitting there and he blew it....the whole organization stinks starting with the owner.

Does anyone know where to find out how many and what # the picks are. Thought I saw somewhere they had a couple Comp's as well this year. Anyone know what rds ??

First. I'm a Bengals fan. (insert your joke here).

The Browns have flipped their roster. The Bengals, Ravens and yes the beloved Steelers are all aging and not gracefully. Big Ben could be gone this season or next. Flacco is on the downside. Dalton just sucks. The Bengals might be in the worst shape in the AFC North. We are old and crusty on defense, for the most part. We have no offensive line. Dalton is a glorified back up if that. The Ravens are also a bit older on the defensive side. Not a very impressive offense. If not for Alex Collins they picked up in the middle of the season not sure they would have sniffed within a game of the playoffs. The Steelers without Ben??  I'll give them the benefit of doubt here and say they are the cream of the AFC North right now.

Now the Browns. The Browns own the #1 and #4 and I think 5 picks in the first 3 rounds (could be wrong on this one). They have 100 million in cap space. A gm that is supposed to be a good decision maker when it comes player evaluations. Gordon is legit and Njkou is a freak waiting to happen. The running game is better than average and could get a lot better if they draft a Penn State running back. My point is you need to win your division in the NFL. The Browns might get there sooner than people think. The big if for me is the owner. I totally understand the pain on this point. Mike Brown is the worst in the NFL and he owns my team. 
I am, by nature, an optimist.  Like you, I prefer to look ahead rather than whine about the W/L record.  What I gleaned from the 2017 season was additional insight.  Specifically, there is more to rebuilding than trying to fill all the starting positions with athletes.  NFL experience is invaluable! -- especially at QB!  Quality depth is also vital.  There are going to be injuries.  Maturity and professionalism are necessities.  

So...  (my $.02)  Kizer has a future in the NFL.  He has a lot to learn & a lot to perfect.  Adding a veteran starting QB would be a priority for me.  

Our RB situation is okay for now.  Not a priority, but another wouldn't hurt.  Wouldn't draft Barkley because of other needs.

Lumping WR & TE together, I see athletes with flaws.  Drops get you cut from MY team, as well as cutting off routes and/or freelancing.  I need a quality FA.

I'm somewhat concerned about our OL, because I saw something recently about Joe Thomas refusing to address likelihood of returning in 2018.

DL should remain strong.  Good quality & depth.

LBs are good, but the backups need upgrading.  I'd take a look at Peppers at OLB. 

DBs IMO, this is the position of greatest need.  I would do my best, through the draft & FA, to add 4 starters.  

Veteran depth would be a priority for me.  Guys that know how to play.  Guys that know what they have to do, why they have to do it, and execute.

SO many GREAT picks in the draft.

SO much cap space

SO much potential on DEF

SO need a QB.

Gonna be a very different, and very much improved team in 18/19

The Browns have flipped their roster. The Bengals, Ravens and yes the beloved Steelers are all aging and not gracefully. Big Ben could be gone this season or next.
I think you're wrong about the Steelers aging badly, and I think because of it, these two franchises share some interesting similarities right now.

Steelers have some pretty solid talent and youth all over the field, as do the Browns.  Obviously Brown and Bell are a cut above (as was Shazier, but alas...), but assuming for the moment Gordon makes a comeback, the Browns aren't so far behind in terms of future talent potential.

Biggest difference is that the Steelers have a top notch franchise QB, and the Browns have Kizer, but like you say, that projects to be a short term reality for both franchises.  It looks like a race to see which team can rectify that situation better, more quickly.  Browns obviously have the advantage of draft pick inventory.  Steelers probably have the advantage when it comes to attracting FA's, for a variety of reasons.  Will be interesting to see how it plays out.

I'm still a believer in the talent on this Browns team.  We'll see how they address this QB problem.  I think Mayfield (not a legit franchise QB prospect), and Jackson (a legit QB prospect, but with the same problem that plagues every QB who's going to have to make a large part of his living out of the pocket -- short shelf life) are the only ways to screw it up.

Really wish they'd been able to pull off that McCarron deal.  Problem would be solved to at least an Alex Smith-ishly adequate level.

Hold up.... Allen Robinson is a UFA this year as well. 

Good lord... The Browns have ALL the ability to put out a hell of an offense next season. Between picks and cap space, there can be some magic in the air.

Hold up.... Allen Robinson is a UFA this year as well. 

Good lord... The Browns have ALL the ability to put out a hell of an offense next season. Between picks and cap space, there can be some magic in the air.
If this was Madden, absolutely, but players dont wanna come here.  

SOmeone would have to do a hell of a sell job, but can that possibly happen with Hue Jackson here as the coach?

If this was Madden, absolutely, but players dont wanna come here.  

SOmeone would have to do a hell of a sell job, but can that possibly happen with Hue Jackson here as the coach?
I have a lot of faith in Dorsey, I guess. And whoever they bring in as OC will have his work cut out for him.

But we got $. and money talks.

I have a lot of faith in Dorsey, I guess. And whoever they bring in as OC will have his work cut out for him.

But we got $. and money talks.
I agree.  Been saying for a few years now that we need to spend crazy and make this team halfway respectable for a couple years.  Then MAYBE we can make good decisions on contracts when players might actually be ok playing here without needing to be paid 30% more just to be HERE

If the best players/coaches never want to be here, we have basically no chance to ever win anything

I think you're wrong about the Steelers aging badly, and I think because of it, these two franchises share some interesting similarities right now.

Steelers have some pretty solid talent and youth all over the field, as do the Browns.  Obviously Brown and Bell are a cut above (as was Shazier, but alas...), but assuming for the moment Gordon makes a comeback, the Browns aren't so far behind in terms of future talent potential.

Biggest difference is that the Steelers have a top notch franchise QB, and the Browns have Kizer, but like you say, that projects to be a short term reality for both franchises.  It looks like a race to see which team can rectify that situation better, more quickly.  Browns obviously have the advantage of draft pick inventory.  Steelers probably have the advantage when it comes to attracting FA's, for a variety of reasons.  Will be interesting to see how it plays out.

I'm still a believer in the talent on this Browns team.  We'll see how they address this QB problem.  I think Mayfield (not a legit franchise QB prospect), and Jackson (a legit QB prospect, but with the same problem that plagues every QB who's going to have to make a large part of his living out of the pocket -- short shelf life) are the only ways to screw it up.

Really wish they'd been able to pull off that McCarron deal.  Problem would be solved to at least an Alex Smith-ishly adequate level.
As much as I wish the Steelers drop off when Roethlisberger retires, they will make some move that saves their bacon. They will either luck into a dropping Stud QB in draft or swing a deal with a good free agent.  

Browns will be back in the hunt if they make sound picks and don’t take too many stupid chances with all these picks. 

It's nice to look at the upside for this team, but I'm having trouble being optimistic with Hue coming back and 2018 looking like such a terrible QB class.

It's nice to look at the upside for this team, but I'm having trouble being optimistic with Hue coming back and 2018 looking like such a terrible QB class.
I dont think its a terrible QB class, but not stand out year to have the #1 for sure.  

Hue, yeah, no idea what there is to be optimistic about with him coming back. Player will avoid that bufffoonnnery barring a huge overpayment. 

Unless maybe Cousins wants to come here knowing he will get to throw 50 times a game, and a WR follows for the same reason. 

Sorry to keep banging the COusins drum, but he is a good QB and if we can lure him here I think that would go a long way into luring others.  Would also give us oodles of trade possibilities if DOrsey doesnt love one of the QBs or Rosen actually does pull an Elway.

As for the upside, there really is a lot of upside to work with, just a matter of them making good moves.  Been a huge problem so far obviously.

The more I watch Mayfield tonight, the more I like him as the Browns next QB.  Riley and Chubb looking good too.

All that said, it may be a smokescreen as we know a Big12 defense doesn't exist and SEC appears to be a lower tier conference than what was sold to us this year.

Very small sample size.  Some of the third quarter is all i have ever seen mayfield play, but my impression is he is not going to be s good NFL QB

Very small sample size.  Some of the third quarter is all i have ever seen mayfield play, but my impression is he is not going to be s good NFL QB
He looked pretty good in the 1st half.  Georgia adjusted at halftime and he's not looked good since, but give it to the 4th quarter and see if Mayfield can respond.

Too early to judge imo.

Well Mayfield has :55 to show Cleveland why he should be the pick.

Sorry Soul, i dont want Mayfield.  Just doesnt look like he will be a good NFL QB to me.  And i cant see any way he is a top end pick.

Sorry Soul, i dont want Mayfield.  Just doesnt look like he will be a good NFL QB to me.  And i cant see any way he is a top end pick.
Fantastic first half. Second half well... Not so good 

He took a shot to the ribs,wonder if that changed his game or not.   No excuses tho, he was ok overall tonite. 

Looked great all season tho and slapped darnold

That's the best defense in college football that he payed almost 50 points on....granted I don't think Mayfield is a top 5 pick but in the right,situation I think he could mature into a solid NFL qb

Users who are viewing this thread