What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cleveland Browns (4 Viewers)

4. Trent

22. Wright

37. Weeden

Do this and the offense is improved tenfold.

I'm not sure on Weeden though, had Colt McCoy really been given a chance? I have my doubts. Trent, Wright and a RT at 37 and give Colt a chance perhaps. Also I could see Hill if not Wright.

Dream scenario would be if Floyd starts sliding into the teens if there was a way to move 22 but keep 37.
The new triplets. Would love to see those three in Cleveland hats by Friday.I hear what you are saying about Colt but is there anyone in this thread that really thinks that's our future? I got no problem with bringing in Weeden. They tried like hell to bring in RGIII, what's the difference? At least in relation to Colt, very little IMO. Competition is a good thing and this is a business, an entertainment business and I AM NOT ENTERTAINED!!! This draft is about me damn it! I want offense and if I have to personally drive the wooden stake through the heart of young McCoy to make it happen I am willing to be that guy :football:

4. Trent

22. Wright

37. Weeden

I'm not sure on Weeden though, had Colt McCoy really been given a chance? I have my doubts. Trent, Wright and a RT at 37 and give Colt a chance perhaps. Also I could see Hill if not Wright.

Dream scenario would be if Floyd starts sliding into the teens if there was a way to move 22 but keep 37.
The new triplets. Would love to see those three in Cleveland hats by Friday.I hear what you are saying about Colt but is there anyone in this thread that really thinks that's our future? I got no problem with bringing in Weeden. They tried like hell to bring in RGIII, what's the difference? At least in relation to Colt, very little IMO. Competition is a good thing and this is a business, an entertainment business and I AM NOT ENTERTAINED!!! This draft is about me damn it! I want offense and if I have to personally drive the wooden stake through the heart of young McCoy to make it happen I am willing to be that guy :football:
Umm, a lot.Go all-in with McCoy this year. If he still doesn't step up with improved weapons around him then put a full court press on QB next year.

I don't want to be stuck in QB purgatory next year like Minny and Jacksonville this year saying 'we are good with our QB situation' because we invested an early round pick the year before on a 2nd rate QB and won't consider moving up to get that class' blue chip prospects.

Weeden is something the Browns of the last decade would've done. That's kinda not worked.

4. Trent

22. Wright

37. Weeden

I question how certain Weeden supporters can be, especially when Colt not getting a real chance is being questioned. Why not just load up on talent and see what happens? If the same results continue next season, we'll be right in line, or within real striking distance, of a top tier QB prospect in the 2013 draft. How can we have a high level of certainty with Weeden when he flinged the ball around out of the gun in the Big12? Sure, that's what RG3 did, but he has other intangibles and projectables that Weeden doesn't have, including age.

4. Trent

22. Wright

37. Weeden

I question how certain Weeden supporters can be, especially when Colt not getting a real chance is being questioned. Why not just load up on talent and see what happens? If the same results continue next season, we'll be right in line, or within real striking distance, of a top tier QB prospect in the 2013 draft. How can we have a high level of certainty with Weeden when he flinged the ball around out of the gun in the Big12? Sure, that's what RG3 did, but he has other intangibles and projectables that Weeden doesn't have, including age.
In the past we drafted for need to often. Sure, we need to fill holes, but if we're passing up blue chippers to fill a hole with an adequate player, we are failing. That said, if they are high on Weeden and it turns out he is on the top of their draft board at whatever pick, I wouldn't mind. It does scare me that of the top 7 QBs, he performed the worst under pressure this year.

I trashed Cordy Glenn a little bit earlier but if he was the pick at 22, I'd be happy. I'm not completely sold on Wright though. What I would REALLY love to see happen is for Carlton Mitchell step up if we're going to go for a slot receiver like Wright.

Anyone hear the Michael Floyd interview with Rizz? Kind of washed the doucheyness of Blackmon out of my mouth. Kid said he would be excited to be a Brown.

4. Trent

22. Wright

37. Weeden

In the past we drafted for need to often. Sure, we need to fill holes, but if we're passing up blue chippers to fill a hole with an adequate player, we are failing. That said, if they are high on Weeden and it turns out he is on the top of their draft board at whatever pick, I wouldn't mind. It does scare me that of the top 7 QBs, he performed the worst under pressure this year.

I trashed Cordy Glenn a little bit earlier but if he was the pick at 22, I'd be happy. I'm not completely sold on Wright though. What I would REALLY love to see happen is for Carlton Mitchell step up if we're going to go for a slot receiver like Wright.

Anyone hear the Michael Floyd interview with Rizz? Kind of washed the doucheyness of Blackmon out of my mouth. Kid said he would be excited to be a Brown.
Kendall Wright isn't just a slot WR imho.I'm still on board with Floyd if we can find a way to get him, just not sure how we can without sacrificing next year's #1 which we absolutely cannot do. Since trading down from #4 looks out he's got to fall into the early teens then a team would have to take pick 22, 37, and ATL's #4. I'll be doing back flips if we can pull that off though.

4. Trent

22. Wright

37. Weeden

I'm a supporter of BPA over Need...and using an emphasis on need to break very closely graded players or ties. I'm also listening to what Heckert and Co are saying about the offensive side of the ball last year and going forward. I'm assuming if it goes qb/qb/kalil, BPA is Richardson. Unless the Browns board is completely studded with defensive prospects, it's not going to be difficult to aquire 3 offensive players with our first 4 picks...while not passing up blue chippers for need. I'd be all about getting a beast LB at 22 (Alabama product, anyone?) if that's what the regime thinks, or Claiborne at #4, I just don't think we'll be watching this draft and seeing more than 1 or 2 defensive picks in the first 3-4 rounds. So with that thinking, I'm hoping we don't draft a QB until later in the draft, see what happens this season, then make the fork in the road decision. I mentioned yesterday, I'd also like to see a couple WRs taken after the 3rd/4th round range...seems to me it's a pretty deep class with some good prospects that will be available late Friday/Saturday.

Last edited by a moderator:
On ESPN someone quoted Heckert as saying at least 2 of the first 3 picks will be for offense. They also quoted Shurmur of saying something along the lines of the last two drafts being about defense and this being time to get offense.

4. Trent

22. Wright

37. Weeden

Umm, a lot.Go all-in with McCoy this year. If he still doesn't step up with improved weapons around him then put a full court press on QB next year.

I don't want to be stuck in QB purgatory next year like Minny and Jacksonville this year saying 'we are good with our QB situation' because we invested an early round pick the year before on a 2nd rate QB and won't consider moving up to get that class' blue chip prospects.

Weeden is something the Browns of the last decade would've done. That's kinda not worked.
:goodposting: I want nothing to do with Weeden. Get some weapons for Colt this year and see what he's got, if it doesn't work, go get a QB in the draft next year.

Listening to Gottlieb on ESPN right now and he just said that the Jets reached out to Trent Richardson through his agent and are making a play to get up to get him.

Don't know if that involves trading with Minnesota, or trading with us. I'm assuming Minnesota. Jeez.

Listening to Gottlieb on ESPN right now and he just said that the Jets reached out to Trent Richardson through his agent and are making a play to get up to get him.Don't know if that involves trading with Minnesota, or trading with us. I'm assuming Minnesota. Jeez.
:bs:I don't believe jack #### about what's coming out right now.

Bruce Hooley ‏ @BHOOLZRuss Lande, Sporting News: "Richardson is the best RB I've ever evaluated...better than Adrian Peterson coming out of college"Lande: "I don't think it's close between (Richardson) and Peterson" Lande: "There's nothing, other than maybe pure speed, that Adrian Peterson has on (Richardson)Despite all that, Lande thinks Browns will take Tannehill because all top mgmt are QB guysLande says if Tannehill had one more year of college seasoning he would be top overall pick, or in contention for it.
<_<

Bruce Hooley ‏ @BHOOLZRuss Lande, Sporting News: "Richardson is the best RB I've ever evaluated...better than Adrian Peterson coming out of college"Lande: "I don't think it's close between (Richardson) and Peterson" Lande: "There's nothing, other than maybe pure speed, that Adrian Peterson has on (Richardson)Despite all that, Lande thinks Browns will take Tannehill because all top mgmt are QB guysLande says if Tannehill had one more year of college seasoning he would be top overall pick, or in contention for it.
<_<
Coulda heard a pin drop in the studio. Boy I hope he's wrong.

Go all-in with McCoy this year. If he still doesn't step up with improved weapons around him then put a full court press on QB next year.
I question how certain Weeden supporters can be, especially when Colt not getting a real chance is being questioned. Why not just load up on talent and see what happens? If the same results continue next season, we'll be right in line, or within real striking distance, of a top tier QB prospect in the 2013 draft.
I want nothing to do with Weeden. Get some weapons for Colt this year and see what he's got, if it doesn't work, go get a QB in the draft next year.
Guys, no disrespect, but I'm sick & ####### tired of "next year". It's been next year since 1995. THIS is the year! We have 13 draft picks, it will not get better than this for us for a while.

<_<
Coulda heard a pin drop in the studio. Boy I hope he's wrong.
I heard that...after the guy blew Richardson for 3+ minutes and then dropped the Tannehill bomb they were so flabergasted it was hilarious.

Go all-in with McCoy this year. If he still doesn't step up with improved weapons around him then put a full court press on QB next year.
I question how certain Weeden supporters can be, especially when Colt not getting a real chance is being questioned. Why not just load up on talent and see what happens? If the same results continue next season, we'll be right in line, or within real striking distance, of a top tier QB prospect in the 2013 draft.
I want nothing to do with Weeden. Get some weapons for Colt this year and see what he's got, if it doesn't work, go get a QB in the draft next year.
Guys, no disrespect, but I'm sick & ####### tired of "next year". It's been next year since 1995. THIS is the year! We have 13 draft picks, it will not get better than this for us for a while.
None taken...but I think you got us pegged wrong. We draft Weeden, we are not using those 13 picks properly, IMO. I don't want to lose just so we can hope to get a QB next year, but IF we lose with improved playmakers around Colt then that's the time to use whatever it takes to get the best QB in 2013. We tried that this year with RG3, why would we settle for a guy like Weeden who's almost 30 years old and probably way overvalued because after the top 2 QBs it's not that strong of a class? Give me Osweiler or Cousins if they last til the 3rd or 4th over Weeden in the 1st, or at 37. And if we move back into the 1st to get him...yikes.But, hey, if that's what Holmgren wants to do, since that probably wouldn't be Heckert's choice, then that's what will show him the door in no time or keep him around for a long time.

Listening to Gottlieb on ESPN right now and he just said that the Jets reached out to Trent Richardson through his agent and are making a play to get up to get him.Don't know if that involves trading with Minnesota, or trading with us. I'm assuming Minnesota. Jeez.
Loved the guy on Bull and Fox today at about 6:15 who said the Browns were 1 of 6 teams to hire his evaluating service (I think that's what it was, I didn't hear the beginning of the interview). He said 2 weeks ago a person who works for the Browns told him they are not considering RB at #4. He also said his evaluation for the Browns concluded that they should draft Richardson. Then he plugged his website. So he's right either way! He's either got a good "source", who may or may not even exist, or he changed the Browns' mind!

Loved the guy on Bull and Fox today at about 6:15 who said the Browns were 1 of 6 teams to hire his evaluating service (I think that's what it was, I didn't hear the beginning of the interview). He said 2 weeks ago a person who works for the Browns told him they are not considering RB at #4. He also said his evaluation for the Browns concluded that they should draft Richardson. Then he plugged his website. So he's right either way! He's either got a good "source", who may or may not even exist, or he changed the Browns' mind!
NEVER tell an evaluator what youre going to do.Browns know that.They did the smart thing making it sound like they arent after TRich.

Last edited by a moderator:
CB Jayron Hosley got busted for marijuana 11 hours ago. :lmao:

He was originally slated as a first round CB. Fell to round 2. Now with this, I see him mocked in round 5. Boy, what do you do there? Is that a big enough character issue to warrant that kind of slide?

Sorry Beer, but no matter how much we'd all love it to be this year, it isn't. The team isn't good enough - no matter what we do in the draft. The Steelers and Ravens are too strong right now. I hate to say that, but it's the truth. Maybe if we didn't keep starting over with new plans all the time we wouldn't be where we are now, but that's what happened and we are what we are. As long as we can stick to one plan for more than 3 years we'll finally start to come around. It just isn't going to happen this year.

None taken...but I think you got us pegged wrong. We draft Weeden, we are not using those 13 picks properly, IMO. I don't want to lose just so we can hope to get a QB next year, but IF we lose with improved playmakers around Colt then that's the time to use whatever it takes to get the best QB in 2013. We tried that this year with RG3, why would we settle for a guy like Weeden who's almost 30 years old and probably way overvalued because after the top 2 QBs it's not that strong of a class? Give me Osweiler or Cousins if they last til the 3rd or 4th over Weeden in the 1st, or at 37. And if we move back into the 1st to get him...yikes.But, hey, if that's what Holmgren wants to do, since that probably wouldn't be Heckert's choice, then that's what will show him the door in no time or keep him around for a long time.
My thoughts exactly.

My thoughts exactly.
Osweiler a slim maybe, Cousins should go undrafted. He makes Gabbert look strong in the pocket.

:goodposting: Well, the general premise anyway. I want nothing to do with any QB until the last day of the draft. Heckert came out and said if you draft a QB in the first 2-3 rounds you expect them to be a starter at some point. So I don't want us to draft a QB until after the first 2-3 rounds.

My thoughts exactly.
Osweiler a slim maybe, Cousins should go undrafted. He makes Gabbert look strong in the pocket.
Hey guys, I get what you are all saying, I'm just so sick and tired of the Browns mantra "wait till next year!!!" I'm in agreement, just got a little off center last night.I've never watched the Gruden QB camp specials so there was nothing on last night and they were running all of them back-to-back-to-back. I happened to flip it on when he had Cousins under the microscope and I'm with Pizza dude. He ain't even a good back up.

My last pitch for Weeden. . .the dude was hitting clay pigeons consistently! How freaking cool is that?!?!? How could you not want that kind of talent on the team? :banned:

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/2012/04/video-brandon-weedens-arm-is-a-threat-to-clay-pigeons-everywhere/

I am fine with Weedon if we get him in the 3rd. In the 2nd? No thank you. But I believe we have 2 3rd rounders, so if he is still there a-la Colt's fall from a few years ago, then feel free to nab him. Just not at 37 overall.

I am fine with Weedon if we get him in the 3rd. In the 2nd? No thank you. But I believe we have 2 3rd rounders, so if he is still there a-la Colt's fall from a few years ago, then feel free to nab him. Just not at 37 overall.
Only have one 3rd rounder.Browns picks

Round 1: No. 4, No. 22 (from Atlanta).

Round 2: No. 5, 37th overall

Round 3: No. 4, 67th overall

Round 4: No. 5, 100th overall; No. 23, 118th overall (from Atlanta)

Round 5: No. 4, 139th overall; No. 25, 160th overall (from Denver)

Round 6: No. 34, 204th overall (compensatory pick); No. 35, 205th overall (compensatory pick)

Round 7: No. 4, 211th overall; No. 38, 245th overall (compensatory pick), No. 40, 247th overall (compensatory pick)

Round 6: No. 34, 204th overall (compensatory pick); No. 35, 205th overall (compensatory pick)

Round 7: No. 4, 211th overall; No. 38, 245th overall (compensatory pick), No. 40, 247th overall (compensatory pick)
Ok, either way I would be much happier with him at our 3rd rounder rather than 2nd. Although even 3.4 seems a little high for my liking. If we can somehow get a pick in the 20s in the 3rd round, that is about where I would be comfortable with him. Right where we got Colt, in other words.

Ok, either way I would be much happier with him at our 3rd rounder rather than 2nd. Although even 3.4 seems a little high for my liking. If we can somehow get a pick in the 20s in the 3rd round, that is about where I would be comfortable with him. Right where we got Colt, in other words.
With all those pick the Browns are definitely moving up at some point. I think it'll be back into the 2nd round somewhere for someone who drops or someone they really like.

The general feeling is we'll be using the glutten of picks to move up and I agree but I hope it's not in round 2, I hope it's round 3. The more I read about this class the deeper I think it is. I'd rather keep our first 4 picks then use our ammo on day 3 to move back into day 2 and get another guy that slips there**

**unless it's a QB :)

I'll leave the QB evaluating to the pros, but from what I've been reading and seeing in my crunch time analysis, there really isn't anyone that stands out after the top 2 (maybe Tannehill but not a chance at 4). Osweiler and Cousins were examples of a scenario (3rd or 4th round) that I'd rather have than Weeden, but I really think those picks can be used better elsewhere. The main point is, we missed out on RG3 (which bothers me a little but not as much as most people, I'm happy with all the picks this year and in the future), settling on Weeden seems like a massive reach, and nobody else stands out anymore than Colt still does to me. Improve the offense around Colt this year and let's allow the chips to fall as they may.

I do not fully recall from last year, but wasn't RG3 a 2nd/3rd round projection and didn't Tannehill and Weeden come out of nowhere? Looking ahead to 2013 (sorry Beer! I don't want to suck!) just as an exercise, I see alot of QB talent and once the hype trains start, people are going to start getting excited if Colt turns out to be the bottleneck. Who knows, we could even show improvement, end up in the 10-12 range, and with what looks to be a strong QB class be in position to take one there or move up just a few spots.

Well, our fortunes will definitely change today.

8PM can't come soon enough. I'm tired of speculating and changing my mind.

Just give me my RB, WR, and RT and I am fine. If a decent WR isn't available at whatever spot, give me Coby Fleener if he slips to 37.

ESPN's Bob Holtzman reports Browns have narrowed choice at #4 to Richardson or Claiborne. Blackmon is out

via Twitter

:pickle: :pickle: :pickle: :pickle: :pickle:

ESPN's Bob Holtzman reports Browns have narrowed choice at #4 to Richardson or Claiborne. Blackmon is outvia Twitter :pickle: :pickle: :pickle: :pickle: :pickle:
Good. Now if Blackmon slips to the teens (some are even saying Michael Floyd may go first), I would definitely consider going up from 22 to get him.

Asante for a 7th? I have to be missing something here.
I think it's obvious at this point that Heckert isn't going to trade picks for players other teams clearly want no part of - Asante, Lee Evans, Brandon Lloyd, etc.Whether you agree with it or not it's just the way it's going to be.His drafts have been good, but if this is his philosophy then his drafts need to start being better.

I think it's obvious at this point that Heckert isn't going to trade picks for players other teams clearly want no part of - Asante, Lee Evans, Brandon Lloyd, etc.Whether you agree with it or not it's just the way it's going to be.His drafts have been good, but if this is his philosophy then his drafts need to start being better.
I'm not sure this is the case. Asante is looking for big money. Not in our youth movement plan.

Ok so he already restructured with Atl...3/$18.5. He probably wasn't willing to restructure with many teams so the Eagles had limited options.

I figured the Browns wouldn't be in the mix there regardless, although we do have three 7ths lol...I just thought it was strange Phi shipped him to Atl.

I'm not sure this is the case. Asante is looking for big money. Not in our youth movement plan.
All 3 of the guys I mentioned were in the last year of their contract. Heckert would rather hold the picks and if he wants them he'll get them in free agency (HA!) after the season.Not saying it's a poor strategy, but he better be the draft ace he claims to be for it to work. His margin of error is greatly reduced by basically crossing that large of the available player pool immediately off the list.

ESPN's Bob Holtzman reports Browns have narrowed choice at #4 to Richardson or Claiborne. Blackmon is outvia Twitter :pickle: :pickle: :pickle: :pickle: :pickle:
Good for the Browns, get one of the elite guys. I think Richardson helps the team more but if it's Claiborne you're getting an elite player and not reaching. If Miami takes Tannehill I automatically give them an F grade. The Browns would really have to screw up pick 22 bad to get lower than a B.

Good for the Browns, get one of the elite guys. I think Richardson helps the team more but if it's Claiborne you're getting an elite player and not reaching. If Miami takes Tannehill I automatically give them an F grade. The Browns would really have to screw up pick 22 bad to get lower than a B.
Seems like we've been getting good draft grades for most of the last half decade and still have crap to show for it.If we pick Claiborne at 4 our draft grade starts in the C-D range imho. Trade down or worst case Blackmon would be better.

All 3 of the guys I mentioned were in the last year of their contract. Heckert would rather hold the picks and if he wants them he'll get them in free agency (HA!) after the season.Not saying it's a poor strategy, but he better be the draft ace he claims to be for it to work. His margin of error is greatly reduced by basically crossing that large of the available player pool immediately off the list.
I agree with you. I like Heckert's draft philosophy though and (gulp) I trust him (Although our best pick since we've been back may be a Savage guy - Ahtyba Rubin in the 6th).

How would the browns let him know that?Remember, rule #1 is the closer you get to the draft the less you can believe what you hearsooo, if they lead him to think this, who are they REALLY targeting?

Users who are viewing this thread