What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cleveland Browns (9 Viewers)

Some real good talent is still on the board and a couple of these players will be available tomorrow.   

• WR Calvin Ridley 
  • RB Derrius Guice,
  • CB Mike Hughes,
  • RB Sony Michel
  •  RB Nick Chubb
  • OT/OG Connor Williams
  • CB Josh Jackson 
  •  QB Lamar Jackson (If he is still there I'd definitely take him)
  • OC James Daniels
  • EDGE Harold Landry
Pretty surprised on Landry.  Would be very happy with him, Hurst or J Jackson at 33/35.  

Some real good talent is still on the board and a couple of these players will be available tomorrow.   

• WR Calvin Ridley 
  • RB Derrius Guice,
  • CB Mike Hughes,
  • RB Sony Michel
  •  RB Nick Chubb
  • OT/OG Connor Williams
  • CB Josh Jackson 
  •  QB Lamar Jackson (If he is still there I'd definitely take him)
  • OC James Daniels
  • EDGE Harold Landry
Landry, Hurst, or Hubbard + Guice or the other Chubb please. 

Pretty surprised on Landry.  Would be very happy with him, Hurst or J Jackson at 33/35.
Chubb/Josh Johnson combo would been nice.

I remember ESPN doing a mock last week and Todd McShay was going nuts when they let Jackson fall to 20.  McShay guaranteed he wouldn't fall past like pick 18 or 20.

Have to think Guice is in play. Landry sure fell. Sucks Lamar went to the Ravens. Thought they were going to take him with their first one. 

Silver:

Browns LOVED Penny. Would have probably taken him at 33. But now he’s a Seahawk.

The analytics geeks were pounding the table for Mayfield the last couple of weeks so I can see going with him. If he fails it won’t be because of talent IMO, it will be the personality/antics.

Lol at all the clowns in here.  For the last week many of the same people were screaming about the possibility of Allen being the QB pick.....all you complainers please tell us who you would have picked instead at QB.  I don't think there is a consensus on by anyone on the best QB.  They all have flaws and potential.  I hope Mayfield works out for Cleveland.
Barkley and take the non-consensus at 4.

I am happy we didint take Allen.  Thank the lord, and I'm not religious. 

Ward was a good pick, though I preferred Chubb.  Would have rather traded down, but doesnt look like we had many suitors for that.  Only team dealing a future 1st was the Saints in a headscratcher, and not like we were goin down to 27.  

33 and 35, with several very good players left. I want Guice.  Not sure what else but something on the front 7 would be nice. 

The analytics geeks were pounding the table for Mayfield the last couple of weeks so I can see going with him. If he fails it won’t be because of talent IMO, it will be the personality/antics.
Rosen is twice the qb...it’s just that most of you didn’t see him because he played on the West coast.

Browns and their fans are going to regret this pick for a decade.

Start tomorrow with 2 of Landry/Hernandez/Williams/Guice and you'll be sitting pretty. So jealous

Last edited by a moderator:
On the plus side, the Browns didn't trade down so the disappointment of burning picks on inferior prospects will be reduced going forward.

I don’t mind the Mayfield pick. Props to them not following an ESPN mock draft. There was/is a lot of pressure on them to hit on these and jobs will be lost quickly if the picks don’t work out. Nonetheless they went with their guys and seemingly against the grain. I respect that and time will tell if they made the right moves.

Every post that compares Mayfield to Manziel, is my cue to not even rebut. 

It's the most senseless, lazy analysis possible for a QB who is absolutely elite, in every sense of the word. 

I couldn't be happier with our #1 pick, as I've been praying for this for MONTHS now. 

When I read Manziel = Mayfield, to me is akin to comparing Brandon Coleman to Calvin Johnson, cuz they both played the same position, are both 6'6" and black. 

Every post that compares Mayfield to Manziel, is my cue to not even rebut. 

It's the most senseless, lazy analysis possible for a QB who is absolutely elite, in every sense of the word. 

I couldn't be happier with our #1 pick, as I've been praying for this for MONTHS now. 

When I read Manziel = Mayfield, to me is akin to comparing Brandon Coleman to Calvin Johnson, cuz they both played the same position, are both 6'6" and black. 
They both played in a spread and that inflates their numbers.  They both got in drunken off the field incidents.  They both showed their ### on the field.  They both had huge question marks in regards to maturity.

Now I have said all along MB is an enigma to me and I cannot figure him out.   But you cannot deny his offense and competition really makes it hard to accurately grade him.  After the johnny fiasco its really not out of line to at least question and compare especially since how johnny flamed out.

Now I have said all along MB is an enigma to me and I cannot figure him out.   But you cannot deny his offense and competition really makes it hard to accurately grade him.  After the johnny fiasco its really not out of line to at least question and compare especially since how johnny flamed out.
On the field, comparing Baker to Manziel is like comparing Rodgers to EJ Manuel.

There wasn't a moment of tha draft I wanted to take Manziel. When he arrived, I gave myself all the false hope I could that he'd hit, but I never wanted him here, he was a college QB

Baker is not. Baker is a college and NFL QB. 

Baker has had to show more grit, determination and grind for what he achieved, tenfold over what Manziel had to. 

On the field, comparing Baker to Manziel is like comparing Rodgers to EJ Manuel.

There wasn't a moment of tha draft I wanted to take Manziel. When he arrived, I gave myself all the false hope I could that he'd hit, but I never wanted him here, he was a college QB

Baker is not. Baker is a college and NFL QB. 

Baker has had to show more grit, determination and grind for what he achieved, tenfold over what Manziel had to. 
You can compare them on the field without a doubt.  They do similar things and played in similar offenses.  However when they compare him to johnny they most certainly are doing it off the field and maturity wise.  Its not an even match for sure but you cannot get mad, all things considered, when these comparisons are brought up.  I hope he works out for you but personally I would have gone with the safer, less drama filled pick.

personally I would have gone with the safer, less drama filled pick.
Everyone will have their opinion. 

Mine is well known. He flops, I'll get destroyed in here, but I'm willing to take that chance. This kid is legit. I felt it for 2yrs, and I feel now more than ever.

Oh, and again... That Ward pick was actually an excellent pick. 

I didn't even THINK they'd go CB there, and instead expected them to perhaps move up in the 1st for one of the 2/3/4 CBs...

Would've still preferred Chubb, but the move makes 100% sense, and I am at a loss as to anyone slamming the pick. 

Oh, and again... That Ward pick was actually an excellent pick. 

I didn't even THINK they'd go CB there, and instead expected them to perhaps move up in the 1st for one of the 2/3/4 CBs...

Would've still preferred Chubb, but the move makes 100% sense, and I am at a loss as to anyone slamming the pick. 
They took Ward because the D scheme calls for press corners that can run with WR's.

Ward has the speed and athletic ability to play press on opposing WR1's.

2014 deja vu.  I remember saying that taking the "top" CB was what we needed & I had confidence in that pick (Boy, was I wrong!) and that the value of that draft would come down to the play of Manziel. Kinda spooky how this one adds up the same.

Users who are viewing this thread