Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

**** CLEVELAND BROWNS THREAD ****

I don't have the NFL Network, but I can't imagine their coverage could be any worse than ESPN.

All I can hear is "With the 3rd pick in the 2012 NFL draft via trade with Minnesota the CLEVELAND ####### BROWNS TAKE TRENT RICHARDSON BABY!!!! WOOOOO"
  • Replies 24.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MAC_32

• ghostguy123

• amnesiac

• Bracie Smathers

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Of course he was concussed...I'm sure Haley kept reminding him on the sideline he was concussed.  Haley wasn't going to let him back in that game, Hue be damned.   Taylor: Coach, I can play.  I ju

This isn't going to be a "only positive comments allowed" type thing. But don't do what you did. And you know what you did. If you've got something constructive to discuss about how the team

Ryan Engle‏ @rengle83 13h13 hours ago I read the survival handbook for these situations. If you’re attacked by a Jermaine Whitehead, just pretend like you’re a tight end running at a moderate pac

just hopped on and I have zero issue with this. It has been mentioned already but there was no way we were going into this season with 13 rookies. I love the move to make sure. We need a guy like Richardson.

just hopped on and I have zero issue with this. It has been mentioned already but there was no way we were going into this season with 13 rookies. I love the move to make sure. We need a guy like Richardson.

I would have preferred saving that ammo to move up with one of the other picks. But its a minor quibble.

Richardson seems to be a perfect fit for the west coast offense and the Browns now have an attention grabber. McCoy, if anything, is accurate as hell on the short game, so I'm optomistic that McCoy to Richardson in the passing game will instantly add a few first downs each game.

Edited by GreatLakesMike

I must be lost... thought you guys said earlier that Jim Brown was announcing the pick.

That;s what I heard all week as well. Wonder if his ESPN interview effected that
I would put the odds at 100% that badmouthing Richardson on the SVP show was the reason. Maybe he'll pick #22.

I must be lost... thought you guys said earlier that Jim Brown was announcing the pick.

That;s what I heard all week as well. Wonder if his ESPN interview effected that
I would put the odds at 100% that badmouthing Richardson on the SVP show was the reason. Maybe he'll pick #22.
I'm actually glad. No need for that moron to ruin the excitement.

Move up to grab Floyd NOW!!!!

:goodposting:

Heckert still has ammo to move up with the second 1st. This could get interesting.

I'm drinking, but as far as I can tell, there hasn't been a run on any position yet so Heckert might be licking his chops right now.
Only run so far has been on defense.

after digesting it, trade not really a big deal. Richardson is going to have to be at least as good as ADP to justify being taken at 3 though.

:goodposting: Richardson has to be all world. He's got the talent... we just need to support him. OL at 22 or 37.

after digesting it, trade not really a big deal. Richardson is going to have to be at least as good as ADP to justify being taken at 3 though.

:goodposting: Richardson has to be all world. He's got the talent... we just need to support him. OL at 22 or 37.
Completely disagree. The Rookie salary structure changed everything.

With a good line, street free agents can be had at running back who can be serviceable. Not true at the other positions. so taking a rb that early has nothing to do with money, but not stacking up at a position that is harder to fill.

:no:It's not because of the money. It's because at #3 the Browns should get all world talent. If they missed on Richardson, they could have hit on someone else.Just because he's cheaper he doesn't have to be as good? :no:

With a good line, street free agents can be had at running back who can be serviceable. Not true at the other positions. so taking a rb that early has nothing to do with money, but not stacking up at a position that is harder to fill.

We had a roster full of them last year when Hillis was out. Anybody remember how our running game was last year? 4 rushing TD's

:no:It's not because of the money. It's because at #3 the Browns should get all world talent. If they missed on Richardson, they could have hit on someone else.Just because he's cheaper he doesn't have to be as good? :no:

So in your esteemed opinion, at #3, who was the all world talent? Luck, RGIII, Richardson & Claiborne were pretty much it. We have no #1 RBYa'll ain't wiping the smile off my face but keep trying :thumbup:

So in your esteemed opinion, at #3, who was the all world talent? Luck, RGIII, Richardson & Claiborne were pretty much it. We have no #1 RBYa'll ain't wiping the smile off my face but keep trying :thumbup:
sorry, not trying to do that at all. just surprised Heckert went RB because of the relative positional scarcity.which leads me to believe that he believes that Richardson is at least as good as Peterson, which is actually pretty exciting. Edited by amnesiac

after digesting it, trade not really a big deal.

Richardson is going to have to be at least as good as ADP to justify being taken at 3 though.

:goodposting:

Richardson has to be all world. He's got the talent... we just need to support him. OL at 22 or 37.

:no:

It's not because of the money. It's because at #3 the Browns should get all world talent. If they missed on Richardson, they could have hit on someone else.

Just because he's cheaper he doesn't have to be as good? :no:

You could say that about any top pick in any draft, regardless of position. Of course teams want all world talent with their 1st round picks.

Money does play a factor and to say otherwise is just wrong IMO. No offense.

Serviceable doesn't win games.

We had a roster full of them last year when Hillis was out. Anybody remember how our running game was last year? 4 rushing TD's
:goodposting: Not to mention the element that Richardson adds in the passing game.

:confused:I think Richardson *is* the all world talent... the other guy was saying he's doesn't have to be because #3 is cheaper than in years past. I was saying if for some reason he isn't all world, then we made a mistake. Who could have been better? Hell if I know :shrug: It's not my job, it's Heckert's.