What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cleveland Browns (18 Viewers)

Yeah, thinking about it more it's not too much. A 3rd would have been too much.

Welcome to Cleveland Trent Richardson!

We needs some nicknames for him:

T-Rich

T-Money

Tree-Ent :nerd:

WKNR just reported that the Browns are so pumped to draft Richardson they turned in their card before Washington.

Also, Vikes trading down again.

just hopped on and I have zero issue with this. It has been mentioned already but there was no way we were going into this season with 13 rookies. I love the move to make sure. We need a guy like Richardson.

just hopped on and I have zero issue with this. It has been mentioned already but there was no way we were going into this season with 13 rookies. I love the move to make sure. We need a guy like Richardson.
I would have preferred saving that ammo to move up with one of the other picks. But its a minor quibble.

Richardson seems to be a perfect fit for the west coast offense and the Browns now have an attention grabber. McCoy, if anything, is accurate as hell on the short game, so I'm optomistic that McCoy to Richardson in the passing game will instantly add a few first downs each game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Say it with me Cleveland FLOYD FLOYD FLOYD!!!!

Nevermind :kicksrock: damn Cardinals

after digesting it, trade not really a big deal.

Richardson is going to have to be at least as good as ADP to justify being taken at 3 though.

after digesting it, trade not really a big deal. Richardson is going to have to be at least as good as ADP to justify being taken at 3 though.
:goodposting: Richardson has to be all world. He's got the talent... we just need to support him. OL at 22 or 37.

after digesting it, trade not really a big deal. Richardson is going to have to be at least as good as ADP to justify being taken at 3 though.
:goodposting: Richardson has to be all world. He's got the talent... we just need to support him. OL at 22 or 37.
Completely disagree. The Rookie salary structure changed everything.
With a good line, street free agents can be had at running back who can be serviceable. Not true at the other positions. so taking a rb that early has nothing to do with money, but not stacking up at a position that is harder to fill.

:no:It's not because of the money. It's because at #3 the Browns should get all world talent. If they missed on Richardson, they could have hit on someone else.Just because he's cheaper he doesn't have to be as good? :no:

With a good line, street free agents can be had at running back who can be serviceable. Not true at the other positions. so taking a rb that early has nothing to do with money, but not stacking up at a position that is harder to fill.
We had a roster full of them last year when Hillis was out. Anybody remember how our running game was last year? 4 rushing TD's

:no:It's not because of the money. It's because at #3 the Browns should get all world talent. If they missed on Richardson, they could have hit on someone else.Just because he's cheaper he doesn't have to be as good? :no:
So in your esteemed opinion, at #3, who was the all world talent? Luck, RGIII, Richardson & Claiborne were pretty much it. We have no #1 RBYa'll ain't wiping the smile off my face but keep trying :thumbup:

So in your esteemed opinion, at #3, who was the all world talent? Luck, RGIII, Richardson & Claiborne were pretty much it. We have no #1 RBYa'll ain't wiping the smile off my face but keep trying :thumbup:
sorry, not trying to do that at all. just surprised Heckert went RB because of the relative positional scarcity.which leads me to believe that he believes that Richardson is at least as good as Peterson, which is actually pretty exciting.

after digesting it, trade not really a big deal.

Richardson is going to have to be at least as good as ADP to justify being taken at 3 though.
:no: It's not because of the money. It's because at #3 the Browns should get all world talent. If they missed on Richardson, they could have hit on someone else.

Just because he's cheaper he doesn't have to be as good? :no:
You could say that about any top pick in any draft, regardless of position. Of course teams want all world talent with their 1st round picks. Money does play a factor and to say otherwise is just wrong IMO. No offense.

Serviceable doesn't win games.

We had a roster full of them last year when Hillis was out. Anybody remember how our running game was last year? 4 rushing TD's
:goodposting: Not to mention the element that Richardson adds in the passing game.

:confused:I think Richardson *is* the all world talent... the other guy was saying he's doesn't have to be because #3 is cheaper than in years past. I was saying if for some reason he isn't all world, then we made a mistake. Who could have been better? Hell if I know :shrug: It's not my job, it's Heckert's.

Users who are viewing this thread