What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cleveland Browns (3 Viewers)

After a day to think about it, it comes down to this. Holmgren, Heckert, and Shurmur have staked their jobs to a reach at QB in round 1 who is 29 years old come kickoff time. If he is not the answer, if they have to consider Matt Barkley next draft, it won't be Holmgren or Heckert doing the considering. Randy Lerner is going to fire everyone and we start all over again.

That is a high risk move. No front office wants to be in this situation, but its where ours finds itself, and by its own making. Good front offices don't end up in situations like this, that I'm certain of.

The Browns will be starting a rookie QB this year who probably isn't all that good anyway. Its a developmental year against a brutal schedule. The only way the Browns don't end up with the top pick is if Weeden plays out of his mind.

I'll set the odds at 80% that Holmgren and Heckert are shown the door before the 2013 draft.
i put that number at about 30%

Browns picked a lineman in the 2nd. They also picked linemen last year with their 1st and 2nd. Has that earned BGP's approval? Or should they have picked a lineman at 22 as well?
My stated philosophy is that two picks within the first 4 rounds should be used in the trenches every year. Admittedly that is not as extreme as the Steelers who apparently have converted to taking trenchmen with their top two picks every year. But that would fix the team in the long run. Some nice linemen slid to the 22nd pick and they didn't take advantage. Many draft grades coming out give the Weeden pick a D. I don't know why you want to make this personal. A lot of experts think that pick sucks.

Browns picked a lineman in the 2nd. They also picked linemen last year with their 1st and 2nd. Has that earned BGP's approval? Or should they have picked a lineman at 22 as well?
My stated philosophy is that two picks within the first 4 rounds should be used in the trenches every year. Admittedly that is not as extreme as the Steelers who apparently have converted to taking trenchmen with their top two picks every year. But that would fix the team in the long run. Some nice linemen slid to the 22nd pick and they didn't take advantage. Many draft grades coming out give the Weeden pick a D. I don't know why you want to make this personal. A lot of experts think that pick sucks.
I'm just asking if you're glad they took a lineman at 37. I asked that because you were freaking out about them not picking linemen, and then rattled off how many linemen the Steelers picked in the last few years. And your response is that the Weeden pick sucked? Ok, I guess you're saying they should have picked a lineman at 22 :shrug:

Last edited by a moderator:
One thing I think is fascinating is that Heckert said this was a very weak LB draft.. and halfway into the second round, TEN linebackers are off the board!

Interesting... Broyles off the board before Randall. Dude tore his ACL and won't even be playing in 2012!

If the Browns want Randall they have to make a move soon.

I'm just asking if you're glad they took a lineman at 37. I asked that because you were freaking out about them not picking linemen, and then rattled off how many linemen the Steelers picked in the last few years. And your response is that the Weeden pick sucked? Ok, I guess you're saying they should have picked a lineman at 22 :shrug:
Yes of course they should have taken a linemen at 22. I'm fine with the OL selection at 37. My edict would be to get one more trenchmen before round 5. I'd like a DE prospect to put in the rotation. They also need a WR and CB though. Only two picks to work with. Maybe go WR in round 3, DE in round 4, CB in round 5.

To be clear, Rome wasn't built in a day.....

Besides the obvious, WR, could still use help at CB and LB, and hell, another lineman or two on either side of the ball wouldn't hurt my feelings.

Jury is still out on Marecic... he was probably thrown in a little early.

Thanks... I'll have to go get beer before the next pick. I get the feeling Heckert might start moving picks and grab a second 3rd round pick.
Get something good! Workin' on a sample pack right now that the wife got me for Easter...just opened "Kinda Blue" out of Boulder, CO. I guess that's how I'm feeling... :lmao: :banned: Right as the Stillers go OT....go Beeeg!

Remember how our OL played well against the Steelers DL last year? Well how about Pouncey-Decastro-Adams?

We're screwed.

Thanks... I'll have to go get beer before the next pick. I get the feeling Heckert might start moving picks and grab a second 3rd round pick.
Get something good! Workin' on a sample pack right now that the wife got me for Easter...just opened "Kinda Blue" out of Boulder, CO. I guess that's how I'm feeling... :lmao: :banned: Right as the Stillers go OT....go Beeeg!
Yuengling... have to get up early tomorrow.I'm optimistic. With the way the offensive linemen fell, I get the feeling that Heckert is going to trade up and grab another one soon. We'll see...

A+

C

F

Classic Browns.

Classic.
Put the pipe down, come back later or better yet tomorrow. It'll be ok, trust me ;)
Offensive overhaul in progress. They weren't lying!

I'm all in. Make Weeden a game manager type until he's completely comfortable and feed Richardson and keep feeding him the ball.

I like the fact that they have a plan and are working the plan. I'll take Criner next, please. Or Randle.
:thumbup: Same here.I know a WR or two, or three is needed. That said, and I'm sure the whiners will flame for this statement, but I'm still high on Little and don't see a huge difference between him and Julio Jones. I didn't expect anything from Little last year because he was a converted RB turned WR, played what, 1 full season at WR in college? And then missed his senior season. Jones dropped his fair share of passes last year and had a better QB throwing to him, and an overall better offense around him.

I'm high on Greg Little. I think the Browns would do well to find a competent WR, preferably a deep threat. Heckert can only do so much in this draft and it's not a draft rich in WR talent, so no need to draft a WR just to draft a WR. I hope they get a guy or two, but if not, then maybe they can sign an old vet after cuts to hold the fort down.
I'm right there with ya brother! Glad there are at least a few guys excited about the draft so far. I was jacked all day at work thinking about the potential on offense we have now. Try and remember the last time you felt that way about the Browns offense? For me it was when a guy named Bernie was the QB.

It's possible Randall could fall to round 3. Which of the teams still up will take him? They are all loaded at WR...

Can't believe Massie is still there. Guess I was right about moving down this round (Massie, Lavonte, Randle, Brown all after 50)....but something must be up with this guy.

Just saw Pead went to the Rams...what's up with that?

Now that the Eagles have pick a DT and a DE early, Heckert should call them and offer a 7th rounder for Darryl Tapp. He is in the last year of his contract. 2.58 million $

A+

C

F

Classic Browns.

Classic.
Put the pipe down, come back later or better yet tomorrow. It'll be ok, trust me ;)
Offensive overhaul in progress. They weren't lying!

I'm all in. Make Weeden a game manager type until he's completely comfortable and feed Richardson and keep feeding him the ball.

I like the fact that they have a plan and are working the plan. I'll take Criner next, please. Or Randle.
:thumbup: Same here.I know a WR or two, or three is needed. That said, and I'm sure the whiners will flame for this statement, but I'm still high on Little and don't see a huge difference between him and Julio Jones. I didn't expect anything from Little last year because he was a converted RB turned WR, played what, 1 full season at WR in college? And then missed his senior season. Jones dropped his fair share of passes last year and had a better QB throwing to him, and an overall better offense around him.

I'm high on Greg Little. I think the Browns would do well to find a competent WR, preferably a deep threat. Heckert can only do so much in this draft and it's not a draft rich in WR talent, so no need to draft a WR just to draft a WR. I hope they get a guy or two, but if not, then maybe they can sign an old vet after cuts to hold the fort down.
I'm right there with ya brother! Glad there are at least a few guys excited about the draft so far. I was jacked all day at work thinking about the potential on offense we have now. Try and remember the last time you felt that way about the Browns offense? For me it was when a guy named Bernie was the QB.
Bernie is my owner name in all my leagues. :thumbup: The fans wanted the front office to address the offense; pretty clear that's happened.

Thank God, I was getting worried Randle would fall. Can't believe we dodged all of those WR's. Now the good ones are left.

So as of right now we have:

3.24 (87)

4.05 (100)

4.25 (120)

5.25 (160)

Users who are viewing this thread