What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cleveland Browns (4 Viewers)

I take all posts seriously.  Sarcasm is not always easy to decipher.  Honestly, I have no idea what makes your post funny or worth posting to be sarcastic.  That's not the first time I've read that about the EP (just the first time in here, I think).

I guess you'd have to define "prepared".  You can get your ### kicked up and down the field on any given Sunday and still have been well "prepared".  To me, discipline, execution, and preparedness are very different animals.
Then just dont ever respond to my posts ever again, because most are not of the super serious variety.

We were not prepared.  Deal with it.

Warren Sharp‏Verified account @SharpFootball

On early downs in 2018, the Browns used: 11 pers: 56% 12 pers: 21%

In the preseason, Kitchens completely changed: 11 pers: 85% 12 pers: 12%

What did we see in 2019? 11 pers: 92% 12 pers: 6%

Note: Baker dominated from 12/13 in 2018.

I expect Kitchens to modify this, read below:

👉   LINK

12:47 PM - 10 Sep 2019

--------------------------------------

Anthony D'Anna‏ @adanna_89 12m12 minutes ago

Makes me wonder how NFL coaches don’t realize this and adjust. Stubbornness to their scheme?

--------------------------------------

FYI:

11 personnel = 1 TE, 1 RB, and 3 WRs

12 personnel = 2 TEs, 1 RB, and 2 WRs

All 4 sacks came when Kitchens had us in 11 personnel.  You would think we'd go with two-TEs to assist in pass-pro especially after our starting OLT was ejected and his backup went out injured and when our ORT couldn't block Cameron Wade to save his life.  

Kitchen could have even gone with 02 personnel to help with pass-pro.

02 personnel = 2 TEs, 0 RBs, and 3 WRs basically an empty set of RBs but extra TEs to help with pass-pro

Their are options and we saw the results of going with 11 personnel 92% of the time. 

4 sacks, penalties, a safety, and Baker leaving the field holding his wrist and wincing in pain.  

just heard on the radio that the fan that threw his beer on the Titans player that jumped in the Dawg Pound has been banned from the stadium. 

WTF?

i don’t like to be the angry old uncle, but this is ridiculous.  

if he was a season ticket holder... i don’t know what to say.  

just heard on the radio that the fan that threw his beer on the Titans player that jumped in the Dawg Pound has been banned from the stadium. 

WTF?

i don’t like to be the angry old uncle, but this is ridiculous.  

if he was a season ticket holder... i don’t know what to say.  
What is ridiculous?  Fans throwing beer on a player is not okay, under any circumstance. 

Ghost Rider said:
What is ridiculous?  Fans throwing beer on a player is not okay, under any circumstance. 
it’s beer. 

the player jumped into the stands. 

i must officially be old now.  

• Smile
Reactions: OPS
ghostguy123 said:
Then just dont ever respond to my posts ever again, because most are not of the super serious variety.

We were not prepared.  Deal with it.
Honestly didn't think you trolled your team's thread as much as you say you do.

Deal with it?  lol ok.  Prove your lazy take.  I could be convinced.

Last edited by a moderator:
it’s beer. 

the player jumped into the stands. 

i must officially be old now.  
Apparently he posted video on Twitter and tagged the NFL or something.  He dug his own grave.  But really, how is this enforced?  It's not like he's a minority owner with a known face (Golden State Warrior dude).

Will the player get fined is my question?  Jumping into the stands in an away game probably doesn't go over well with the league or PA.  

Apparently he posted video on Twitter and tagged the NFL or something.  He dug his own grave.  But really, how is this enforced?  It's not like he's a minority owner with a known face (Golden State Warrior dude).

Will the player get fined is my question?  Jumping into the stands in an away game probably doesn't go over well with the league or PA.  
didn’t hear that part.  that is dumb. 

still, it’s beer. which gets poured on the Browns players. in the stands. 

to be clear, i do not condone anything being thrown on the field. 

didn’t hear that part.  that is dumb. 

still, it’s beer. which gets poured on the Browns players. in the stands. 

to be clear, i do not condone anything being thrown on the field. 
I have no idea if that's true but there's video all over I'm seeing now.  Logan posted something too and tagged the league.  JT tweeted it's a violation to jump into opponents stands.

Actually just watched the video for the first time since it was live.  All day I've heard he jumped up by Tenn fans, looks like that's false to me.  I see one Tenn jersey fan and the dude has to book it across the row to get to where the players were. 

I do think the league should do something about all of these players doing the Lambeau Leap, especially in opposing stadiums, but it's still not okay for fans to throw beer on ones who do. 

Armando Salguero‏Verified account @ArmandoSalguero

Adam Gase just announced to NY media QB Sam Darnold will miss Monday's game with mono and will be out several weeks.

7:33 AM - 12 Sep 2019

------------------------------------

Manish Mehta‏Verified account @MMehtaNYDN

Le’Veon Bell will get a MRI today for his sore shoulder today. Gase seems optimistic

7:36 AM - 12 Sep 2019

Adam Gase just announced to NY media QB Sam Darnold will miss Monday's game with mono and will be out several weeks.

Le’Veon Bell will get a MRI today for his sore shoulder today. Gase seems optimistic

Just coming to post the same thing.  Should make Monday a little more bearable.  Darnold's backup is Trevor Simeon, with Luke Falk backing him up.  Needless to say, NYJ will be combing the FA Pool for another backup QB if Darnold is going to miss "several" weeks.

Just coming to post the same thing.  Should make Monday a little more bearable.  Darnold's backup is Trevor Simeon, with Luke Falk backing him up.  Needless to say, NYJ will be combing the FA Pool for another backup QB if Darnold is going to miss "several" weeks.
Simeon did 'ok' when thrust into the starting role in Denver and don't forget who the Jets have as their DC, Greg Williams.

He knows the Browns offense inside and out and must be licking his chops after seeing the O-Line give up the same amount of sacks in one game as we gave up in the last eight games last year.   He also knows Freddie's offensive tendencies.

Simeon did 'ok' when thrust into the starting role in Denver and don't forget who the Jets have as their DC, Greg Williams.

He knows the Browns offense inside and out and must be licking his chops after seeing the O-Line give up the same amount of sacks in one game as we gave up in the last eight games last year.   He also knows Freddie's offensive tendencies.
I'm thinking Simeon hasn't had much time with the NYJ first string offense, outside of this week.  Also, he did "ok" with Denver - but look who he had catching/running the ball.  Big drop in talent from DEN to NYJ.

Overall stats...Siemian has started 24 games in his career and thrown for 5,686 yards, 30 touchdowns and 24 interceptions while completing 59.3% of his passes.

If Bell is out, Ty Montgomery will get the call to replace him.  Williams' defense will play tough, but also on the edge.  Baker also played against the GW Defense in practice, so he may recall a few tendencies as well.  I don't see NYJ offense being a problem for the CLE defense, but I do agree in that the GW familiarity will make things a little harder on Kitchens/Baker on offense.  I only hope that the addition of Monken as OC places the wildcard element on CLE's side of the equation.

Gregggg doesn't do adaption. I have a whole lot more faith in Freddie exploiting his tendencies than I do him exploiting Freddie's. I can already see Baker flicking passes to Chief while Gregggg has Quinnen Williams inexplicably dropping into coverage. Don't miss those days. Just hope better ones are ahead...

OBJ.: Gregg Williams Told Browns Players to 'Take Me Out' During Preseason Game

Browns wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr. said Thursday that Jets defensive coordinator Gregg Williams coaches "dirty plays and cheap shots."
Brian Costello‏Verified account @BrianCoz

A reporter referred to Odell as "one of the most dynamic players in the league." Williams replies: "That's your opinion? What's New York's opinion? The Giants' opinion? What did the Giants do?"

9:59 AM - 13 Sep 2019

-----------------------------------

I hope they just play ball Monday Night.

OBJ.: Gregg Williams Told Browns Players to 'Take Me Out' During Preseason Game

Brian Costello‏Verified account @BrianCoz

A reporter referred to Odell as "one of the most dynamic players in the league." Williams replies: "That's your opinion? What's New York's opinion? The Giants' opinion? What did the Giants do?"

9:59 AM - 13 Sep 2019

I hope they just play ball Monday Night.
Favorite part of GW's response was him saying that he has "never" had his players go out with the intent to hurt the opposing team's players.   :lmao:

C.J. Mosley, Quinnen Williams out for the Jets on Monday night  

The Jets will play on Monday night without a pair of high-profile offseason acquisitions.

Linebacker C.J. Mosley (groin) and defensive tackle Quinnen Williams (ankle) are out for the primetime game against the Browns. Mosley arrived via free-agency with a big-money contract. Williams was the third overall pick in the draft.

They join quarterback Sam Darnold, who is out with mono.

Mosley was having a great debut for the Jets before exiting with his injury. Perhaps not coincidentally, the Jets eventually imploded without him.

Seven Jets are questionable, including running back Le'Veon Bell (shoulder). Bell was limited in practice all week. 

page 5??

we’re on MNF tonight guys!

oh also I’m making wings on the charcoal grill for the first time tonight.  wish me luck.  

need to get their act together, and fast. 

it's all there. penalty calls dropped big time yesterday, aside from myles taking 2 uglies... now pound the rock 20-25 a game and the pass game will open wide.

end of.

We beat the Jets second team.  Felt like we were one play away from losing most of the game.  Baker missed a lot of open throws and did not look comfortable.  Should have had more screen passes/check downs.  Still had stupid penalties.  I dont have very high hopes for this team this year.

The day after a 20 point win and I am...frustrated? What the hell.
Jets homer here, but I have Mayfield and Landry in one league that I like. I didn't come to talk smack, just earnestness. It wasn't pretty. It was an ugly win, if a win can be ugly. As Random points out, Baker did not look comfortable. Then again, the Jets are a professional team with pretty good coaching, however you feel about their DC and his mouth and the HC's attitude and "genius" moniker.

They're not poorly coached, is all I'm saying. Not that they're long for NY with a GM who didn't hire them, but that's for another day...

I think both Gase and Gregggg are quite terrible. The former thinks horizontal passing wins and the latter does not cover the middle of the field. There's more, but those are their biggest problems. 

I think both Gase and Gregggg are quite terrible. The former thinks horizontal passing wins and the latter does not cover the middle of the field. There's more, but those are their biggest problems. 
I didn't say I particularly agreed with their philosophy, but I think it's less stark than you think.

Freddie Kitchens is nothing to write home about, but that'll suss itself in the six-week wash. You'll see. 

I didn't say I particularly agreed with their philosophy, but I think it's less stark than you think.

Freddie Kitchens is nothing to write home about, but that'll suss itself in the six-week wash. You'll see. 
The OBJ TD was textbook Gregggg. Forget to cover the best player on the field, have no one in the middle of the field, and have the Free 20+ yards off the line. He's awful.

There were aspects of Freddie of being coach that concerned me, but what's happened the first two weeks has caught me completely by surprise. It's like he completely forgot what worked with Baker last year. Is that why Baker is clearly not comfortable back there? or is there more to it? I dunno, but they have a short week to figure it out and I have no reason to believe they will.

The OBJ TD was textbook Gregggg. Forget to cover the best player on the field, have no one in the middle of the field, and have the Free 20+ yards off the line. He's awful.
Agreed. Terrible not to rotate help to prove a point and play cover zero.

That's how you lose quickly, and they did. (And so I lost my fantasy contest still going.)

PIC - FS Marcus Maye was lined up 20-yards(!) off the line of scrimmage:

Graham Barfield‏Verified account @GrahamBarfield

The Jets really left OBJ uncovered out of the slot on that 89-yard score. FS Marcus Maye was lined up 20-yards(!) off the line of scrimmage:

8:27 PM - 16 Sep 2019

It had to be a blown coverage but the deep safety takes himself out of any ability to cover the mistake when  Greg lines him this far back off the LOS.

Users who are viewing this thread