What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cleveland Browns (3 Viewers)

Saw this early on in the game and damned if they weren't spot on. Great observation by the Orange & Brown Report, good follow if you're not.

https://twitter.com/TheOBR/status/1178360927764262912
Its a great tweet, sharing the text.

-----------------------------------------------------

Orange and Brown Rpt‏ @TheOBR

Many have noted it but Siebert's kickoffs have been close to perfect. Right at the goal line so instead of them getting the ball at the 25 after a touchback, they are at the 21. Not huge but it is something especially when flags on returns are so prevalent

10:28 AM - 29 Sep 2019

----------------------------------------------------

Four yards per kickoff doesn't seem like much but it adds up and both rookie kickers have made big contributions along with the new ST coach, props. :bow:

If the Browns can find a way to win one of the next two games (at SF, vs Sea), they can get to 3-4 (figuring they lose to NE), and then the schedule eases up big time the rest of the way.  Not like any game is a gimme with a team as green as the Browns still are, but they'd likely be favored to win most of their last nine games. 

If the Browns can find a way to win one of the next two games (at SF, vs Sea), they can get to 3-4 (figuring they lose to NE), and then the schedule eases up big time the rest of the way.  Not like any game is a gimme with a team as green as the Browns still are, but they'd likely be favored to win most of their last nine games. 
San Francisco is 3-0, but two of those wins are against 0-3 Pittsburgh and 0-3 Cincinnati, so they might not be as good as their record.

Seattle is traveling east to play in Cleveland, which is always a challenge for west coast teams. 

so picking up one of those two is not out of the question. 

i would also count a loss at Foxboro.  the Patriots are just too well coached to lose to a young team at home. 

the Browns have a legitimate chance to go 4-2 or better in the AFC North. 

getting a wild card berth and getting some playoff experience in Mayfield’s second year would be huge for this team’s development.  

if we can't beat SF....  their record means nothing to me, actually. beat teams in complete and total disarray. we just slapped a top 5 team

must win. no excuses.

SF is not a must win. Build off last week and we will win at least one of the two before the bye. That's all we need. If we get both, great. Not a need though. 

Chubb has Superman vision.  What superpowers does he not have?  Total package RB.  
Before the game started, they were displaying "historical" NFL stuff & I was wondering how Chubb would have fared if he & Jim Brown swapped eras.  Would he have put up the same  numbers?  Better?  #32 is pretty sacred in these parts, but I wonder...

amnesiac said:
San Francisco is 3-0, but two of those wins are against 0-3 Pittsburgh and 0-3 Cincinnati, so they might not be as good as their record.

Seattle is traveling east to play in Cleveland, which is always a challenge for west coast teams. 

so picking up one of those two is not out of the question. 

i would also count a loss at Foxboro.  the Patriots are just too well coached to lose to a young team at home. 

the Browns have a legitimate chance to go 4-2 or better in the AFC North. 

getting a wild card berth and getting some playoff experience in Mayfield’s second year would be huge for this team’s development.  
The Browns have the talent to beat SF and Seattle.   If the Browns are patient on O and stick with Chubb, they can beat NE.    NE is a very good team but not unbeatable.  

Nah? The #1 offense in the league headed into the match w us, they were nearly unstoppable

Media was already crowning Lamar the 2nd coming of christ

They were 100% a top 5 team until we clapped them
Stats don’t always tell the complete story especially at the start of the season playing the dreds of the league. If you want to frame your argument that way and listen to the media (lolz), ok...I’ll just disagree. 

Stats don’t always tell the complete story especially at the start of the season playing the dreds of the league. If you want to frame your argument that way and listen to the media (lolz), ok...I’ll just disagree. 
The same that media that still gargle garbage like team X is 22-1 when they attempt 30+ rushes in a game.

Before the game started, they were displaying "historical" NFL stuff & I was wondering how Chubb would have fared if he & Jim Brown swapped eras.  Would he have put up the same  numbers?  Better?  #32 is pretty sacred in these parts, but I wonder...
Why Jim Brown Matters

... Brown towered over the league, a physical and intellectual force like none other in American sports history, at the peak of his powers.

Time magazine had featured “Jimmy” Brown on its cover. The accompanying story was burdened by the awkward, race-tinged prose of the time, including the headline—“Pro Football: Look at Me, Man!”—and a description of Brown as “…. a fire-breathing, chocolate-colored monster...” Beneath all that, however, the story pushed forward an earnest agenda: to establish that Brown was the best football player in the world and quite possibly the best in history. 
Chubb is fantastic but ...  

Nah? The #1 offense in the league headed into the match w us, they were nearly unstoppable

Media was already crowning Lamar the 2nd coming of christ

They were 100% a top 5 team until we clapped them
It's comical how they touted him as the next great thing after he got to play the 2 worst pass defenses in the league.

So are we to sit here and believe that Jim Brown, using 1950s nutrition and training techniques, most likely not training anywhere near as much as modern athletes, was just such a freak of nature that he would step into the league today and just dominate?  And that some of the guys today couldnt go back in time and dominate just as much?

Wake up people

So are we to sit here and believe that Jim Brown, using 1950s nutrition and training techniques, most likely not training anywhere near as much as modern athletes, was just such a freak of nature that he would step into the league today and just dominate?  And that some of the guys today couldnt go back in time and dominate just as much?

Wake up people
He was a phenomenal athlete at 6'1", 232 lbs. -- a generational talent without question.  I'm not sure why he wouldn't train like modern athletes today.  Imagine him with advanced training!  WoW!!!  He was one of the few I've seen that was dominant.  Lawrence Taylor was another.

He was a phenomenal athlete at 6'1", 232 lbs. -- a generational talent without question.  I'm not sure why he wouldn't train like modern athletes today.  Imagine him with advanced training!  WoW!!!  He was one of the few I've seen that was dominant.  Lawrence Taylor was another.
He was what LeBron was to the NBA in his day. Jim Brown was as big as most lineman and ran as fast as WR.

Not sure why the other team's hair styles matter?
We are very cognizant of opposing team's hair styles, it's a "new" Browns thing.

Browns face off against a unique passer in Jimmy Garoppolo

...Jimmy Garoppolo. Since being traded to the 49ers, Garoppolo has played in 12 regular season games ...

...Garoppolo stands out because he's a remarkably accurate quarterback, near the top of the league in completion percentage and yards per attempt, but he also throws interceptions at a high rate. Despite completing 67.9 percent of his passes in the second half of 2017 and the first three games of 2019, his interception rate has gotten worse each season, going from 2.8 percent in 2017 to 3.4 percent in the three games he played in 2018 to now 4.8 percent so far in 2019.

No other quarterback over the past three seasons quite has those kind of numbers. For all of his accuracy, which is terrific, he has just 17 touchdowns to 12 interceptions. ...Pressure could certainly tilt that more in the Browns favor, but Garoppolo doesn't take a ton of sacks. The presence of Myles Garrett over an undrafted rookie tackle might have him get the ball out quicker, but he's only taken two sacks this season.

...The winner of the turnover battle likely goes on to win the game.
Jimmy looks right for the pick'n and we 'might' get CB Denzel Ward and CB Greedy Williams back for this one.

“Schobert led the NFL with a 9.8 percent missed tackle rate, and the defense felt the sting of the tackling issue as a whole.

Schobert wasn’t alone. Since Pro Football Focus began tracking tackling data, the 2018 Browns set the highest mark for missed tackles in a season with 169.” — Burns, Cleveland.com

so was this a Gregg Williams problem?

Soulfly3 said:
3-2 baby, let's do this!!!!
Guessing Browns fans wanted to send you to NE with Josh.

Browns checklist to greatness

1. Hue fired - check

2. Jettison Josh gordon - check

3. Rid the fanbase of the Soulfully curse -  :whistle:

Users who are viewing this thread