What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cleveland Browns (2 Viewers)

NE: 7-0 PF:223 PA:49

BALT: 5-2 PF:214 PA:156

I admire your optimism, but not even remotely the same thing.
Oh, I'm not a Browns homer. My team just got absolutely crushed by New England this past Monday. It's just that the Bills gave NE fits but for a special teams score and a short field. Maybe the Browns can use the bye week...doubt it, but maybe. 

Patriots have played the softest schedule ever I think so far.

That said we have maybe a 25% chance to win.  

So the browns wanna trade for Nate solder?  Not sure I like that.  

Patriots have played the softest schedule ever I think so far.

That said we have maybe a 25% chance to win.  

So the browns wanna trade for Nate solder?  Not sure I like that.  
I think it's classic LaCanfora throwing #### at the wall and see what sticks, but it triggered me. It was the right move to stay out of those talks 18 months ago. So now we are going to give up pieces to take on that awful contract after he's shown he isn't any good? Oookay.

Pats, stealing QBs souls. 

--------------------------------------

>>>>  📉  >>>>  Graph - The quarterbacks the Pats have faced this season

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Outside of a hurt'n Big Ben in week one they haven't exactly played a murder's row.

---------------------------------------

Ian Kenyon‏Verified account @IanKenyonNFLFollowFollow @IanKenyonNFL

Patriots' QBs faced weeks 2-7: 2. Ryan Fitzpatrick 3. Luke Falk 4. Josh Allen 5. Colt McCoy 6. Daniel Jones 7. Sam Darnold.

Patriots QBs faced weeks 8-13 8. Baker Mayfield 9. Lamar Jackson 10. Carson Wentz 11. Dak Prescott 12. Deshaun Watson 13. Patrick Mahomes

7:21 PM - 21 Oct 2019

----------------------------------------

Baker has thrown 5 picks to 1 TD the last two games.  We stand less than a snowball's chance if he channels Opera.

Thank you for voting! 

Don't make the trade  43.55%  (2,056 votes)  

First and a third  14%  (661 votes)  

First and a fifth  11.42%  (539 votes)  

First and a fourth  10.97%  (518 votes)  

Other:  8.52%  (402 votes)  

First and a second  6.35%  (300 votes)  

Whatever it takes  2.82%  (133 votes)  

Two first-rounders  1.59%  (75 votes)  

Two first-rounders and a second  0.78%  (37 votes)  

question was what should the Browns give up for Trent Williams.  

some faith in Browns fans: restored. 

I was expecting a better defense with so many high draft picks. They shut down a Jet team with Falk at QB, but have they been impressive in any orher game?

I was expecting a better defense with so many high draft picks. They shut down a Jet team with Falk at QB, but have they been impressive in any orher game?
TEN - it's week one, so I wouldn't read too much into it anyway but they weren't the problem. They played well enough to win until the offense gave the game away in the second half and the flood gates opened. But, again - week 1.

NYJ - they dominated what didn't look like a professional football team, meh

LAR - solid game, not sure I'd call it impressive, but they played well enough to win

BAL - this may have been their best game, but they got a little sloppy late once out to a big lead

SF - the only reason this disaster didn't gain more traction is because the offense was just that much worse

SEA - Russell Wilson's great, but this unit was also awful

---

That said, they've been without the top two corners and a starting lb since week 2. Every team gets injuries, but this team wasn't built to handle an early season Kirksey injury and while one CB injury may not have been a problem I think both of them being out contributed to the last couple weeks going as poorly as it did. Randall being in-and-out of the lineup and when he is in he has been underwhelming hasn't helped either. I think he's been the only real disappointment and this unit couldn't afford it with the departure of Jabrill. That and Avery supposedly regressing so badly he can't even get on the field.

---

tl;dr I think this defense had more holes than you did entering the season, but they've also played poorly in October.

The DTs have disappointed.

We came into this season light at LBer and are running a 4-2-5 base and that was before Kirksey's injury.  Drafting Taki and Wilson and their development was smart and Wilson has come along sooner than expected but he's still lining up in the wrong spot and we're not tackling well.  Schobert is playing great even factoring in missed tackles.

The safeties have been a disaster.  Every one of them and we don't really have anyone in the pipeline who looks like a keeper and we won't be re-signing Demarius at this rate.  I was scratching my head when we signed Morgan Burnett and unfortunately I haven't seen anything to sway me from my gut reaction when we signed him.

We haven't  seen Greedy or Denzel so I'm looking forward to seeing what they do when they are back healthy.

Myles is a monster and Vernon has played much-better than his stat-line.

TEN - it's week one, so I wouldn't read too much into it anyway but they weren't the problem. They played well enough to win until the offense gave the game away in the second half and the flood gates opened. But, again - week 1.

NYJ - they dominated what didn't look like a professional football team, meh

LAR - solid game, not sure I'd call it impressive, but they played well enough to win

BAL - this may have been their best game, but they got a little sloppy late once out to a big lead

SF - the only reason this disaster didn't gain more traction is because the offense was just that much worse

SEA - Russell Wilson's great, but this unit was also awful

---

That said, they've been without the top two corners and a starting lb since week 2. Every team gets injuries, but this team wasn't built to handle an early season Kirksey injury and while one CB injury may not have been a problem I think both of them being out contributed to the last couple weeks going as poorly as it did. Randall being in-and-out of the lineup and when he is in he has been underwhelming hasn't helped either. I think he's been the only real disappointment and this unit couldn't afford it with the departure of Jabrill. That and Avery supposedly regressing so badly he can't even get on the field.

---

tl;dr I think this defense had more holes than you did entering the season, but they've also played poorly in October.
Thanks for the info. My interest is in playing the Browns DST week 9 @Broncos as a week  fill in for a NO bye, in a 16 team league. I'm hoping both Denzel and Greedy are back, and Miami homie Vernon gets a sack.

We came into this season light at LBer and are running a 4-2-5 base and that was before Kirksey's injury.  Drafting Taki and Wilson and their development was smart and Wilson has come along sooner than expected but he's still lining up in the wrong spot and we're not tackling well.  Schobert is playing great even factoring in missed tackles.

The safeties have been a disaster.  Every one of them and we don't really have anyone in the pipeline who looks like a keeper and we won't be re-signing Demarius at this rate.  I was scratching my head when we signed Morgan Burnett and unfortunately I haven't seen anything to sway me from my gut reaction when we signed him.

We haven't  seen Greedy or Denzel so I'm looking forward to seeing what they do when they are back healthy.

Wilson's not playing well. I like his potential in 2020 and this trial by fire will help then, but it's hurting now.

I think we'd be happier with the DL as a whole with more bodies up there, keep them fresher. It's why the Ogbah trade is/was dumb. And Avery continuing to be inactive gameday. The safety we got back sucks out loud. It's not difficult to find safeties off the street that suck outloud, i.e. Burris.

Thanks for the info. My interest is in playing the Browns DST week 9 @Broncos as a week  fill in for a NO bye, in a 16 team league. I'm hoping both Denzel and Greedy are back, and Miami homie Vernon gets a sack.
No matter what happens this weekend I do not trust them in that game. Not saying they're a bad play, but I don't trust them. I expect a max effort this week. No matter the result that it leads to some sort of letdown next week with this young, undisciplined team seems inevitable. It may not matter because of how woeful that Broncos offense is, which is why I used the word 'trust.' Because a strong effort this week could be the springboard and not just another temporary peak on the roller coaster that this season has been.

Everyone's making predictions they can't back up. Pederson last week got his ### handed to him. Now Landry will.

Jarvis Landry made it abundantly clear on Thursday that the Browns have every intention of marching into Gillette Stadium and beating the 7-0 Patriots on their home turf.

Asked how the 2-4 Browns will fare coming out of the bye now that they’re rested up, he said, “Well, we’re going to win. We’re going to win. I think it’s just that simple. We’re getting guys back healthy again and we’re going to win.’’

Belicheck probably did one of those, 0.5 sec. chuckles when hearing about this one.

Everyone's making predictions they can't back up. Pederson last week got his ### handed to him. Now Landry will.

Jarvis Landry made it abundantly clear on Thursday that the Browns have every intention of marching into Gillette Stadium and beating the 7-0 Patriots on their home turf.

Asked how the 2-4 Browns will fare coming out of the bye now that they’re rested up, he said, “Well, we’re going to win. We’re going to win. I think it’s just that simple. We’re getting guys back healthy again and we’re going to win.’’

Belicheck probably did one of those, 0.5 sec. chuckles when hearing about this one.
This 'story' is comical. Anyone reading anything to it is just desperately combing the bottom of the barrel digging for something meaningless to talk about.

Now, Greg Robinson being benched. That's something worth talking about. The clock on Drew Forbes has begun...

That's Landry.  You don't even need to talk to him week-to-week.  He'll tell you the same thing.

If they're gonna run 4-2-5, the 5 better be able to plug the gaps and tackle!

Now, Greg Robinson being benched. That's something worth talking about. The clock on Drew Forbes has begun...
they’re reporting McKray will replace Robinson. 

this seems like a bad idea.  but i guess it sort of worked out last year when they plugged Robinson in there?

they’re reporting McKray will replace Robinson. 

this seems like a bad idea.  but i guess it sort of worked out last year when they plugged Robinson in there?
It strikes me as change for the sake of change, 'we are doing something!' But I've wanted to see Forbes for weeks, so if this is the means then as long as it doesnt cost us games between now and then, so be it. 

It strikes me as change for the sake of change, 'we are doing something!' But I've wanted to see Forbes for weeks, so if this is the means then as long as it doesnt cost us games between now and then, so be it. 
I agree about the first part.  

I don’t know much about any of the backups.  what info do you have on them?

MAC_32 said:
It strikes me as trying to fix a problem with limited options.

I've heard Forbes is still two weeks away from seeing extended PT and he will be tried at RT.

NE crushes every analytical so if we 'somehow' pull out the game tomorrow with a new LT it would be evidence that we fixed a problem that was costing games and got better rather than saying.  'OMG we lost to NE in NE.  Its because of that new LT.'

I’m not sure what to make out of Robinson’s comments.  

starting to wonder if he has a mental condition, although i really do hate to speculate on things like that.  

Not a Browns fan, but they would be everyone's hero for a day if they could upset the Pats.

Otherwise, another week of grumpy Baker stepping on rake after rake...

Nate Ulrich‏ @ByNateUlrich

#Browns announce Justin McCray will start at left tackle vs. Patriots; D-end Genard Avery will be active

12:07 PM - 27 Oct 2019

------------------------------------------

Alright.  Glad to see Avery active for a change.

EDIT:

-------

Dan Labbe‏Verified account @dan_labbe 2m2 minutes ago

Wyatt Teller in at right guard.

Last edited by a moderator:
why would you call that play where Mayfield pitched the ball to the defender?

i’m really starting to wonder about Kitchens.  

So kitchens doesnt have his wrs prepared to not make obvious pick penalties, and doubles down on it with a terrible challenge.  This is great.

Users who are viewing this thread