What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cleveland Browns (7 Viewers)

Ever watch the pro bowl?
Cmon...now you're just moving goalposts.  You're going to compare a glorified game of 2-hand touch to a regular season game?  One doesn't matter to the players at all, while the other means everything to them and their goals.  SMH

Cmon...now you're just moving goalposts.  You're going to compare a glorified game of 2-hand touch to a regular season game?  One doesn't matter to the players at all, while the other means everything to them and their goals.  SMH
I am saying garrett doesnt need to (as in shouldnt)go balls to the wall with 10 seconds left up 14 when there isnt even enough time left on the clock for the Steelers to win even if the Browns tried to let them win.  

Not sure why you arent comprehending this.

The still are misleading. Here's the video.  Rudolph is clearly just scrambling to get Garrett off of him while Garrett is reaching for and eventually ripping his helmet off. Rudolph didn't intentionally punch or kick Garrett.
Seen the video.  Multiple times.  Yep. His helmet wrenching on Garrett was all just him trying to move.  His kicking Garrett all while the olinemen was pulling him off was him trying to move away.  Rudolph was in such a hurry to get away from Garrett that he rushed back at him, not once but twice, after he was free of that monster's wrath.  Gotcha.  Ok.

I am saying garrett doesnt need to (as in shouldnt)go balls to the wall with 10 seconds left up 14 when there isnt even enough time left on the clock for the Steelers to win even if the Browns tried to let them win.  

Not sure why you arent comprehending this.
Because I don't see why any NFL player wouldn't line up and do his job with 10 seconds left up 14.  Every Dlineman was rushing.  Garrett just got there first.  But it sounds like you would've rather seen them just stand up and play patty-cake with DeCastro and Pouncey instead of doing their job - which is to rush the QB.   :loco:

Seen the video.  Multiple times.  Yep. His helmet wrenching on Garrett was all just him trying to move.  His kicking Garrett all while the olinemen was pulling him off was him trying to move away.  Rudolph was in such a hurry to get away from Garrett that he rushed back at him, not once but twice, after he was free of that monster's wrath.  Gotcha.  Ok.
Misrepresenting arguments is easy but unproductive and makes you look bad.

Because I don't see why any NFL player wouldn't line up and do his job with 10 seconds left up 14.  Every Dlineman was rushing.  Garrett just got there first.  But it sounds like you would've rather seen them just stand up and play patty-cake with DeCastro and Pouncey instead of doing their job - which is to rush the QB.   :loco:
Yes I would have.  Rather not see an injury or a fight on the last play of two of a heated rivalry game.  

Well guess what happened......

Misrepresenting arguments is easy but unproductive and makes you look bad.
Then why do you continue to do it?  Not just in this thread, but in the Garrett thread?  I'm not the only one who's called you out on it.  But a Steelers fan is going to stick up for their only QB, I guess.

The still are misleading. Here's the video.  Rudolph is clearly just scrambling to get Garrett off of him while Garrett is reaching for and eventually ripping his helmet off. Rudolph didn't intentionally punch or kick Garrett.
Wrong angle to even make that claim...  you are looking at it with blinders on... 

Then why do you continue to do it?  Not just in this thread, but in the Garrett thread?  I'm not the only one who's called you out on it.  But a Steelers fan is going to stick up for their only QB, I guess.
Now you're just lying. And I'm not a Steelers fan.

why can’t they both be wrong?

with Garrett being wrong-er?

simple enough, no?

why can’t they both be wrong?

with Garrett being wrong-er?

simple enough, no?
Sure; I believe I said as much.

Edit: Sorry, I'm having this conversation in two threads. In the other I said that both guys overreacted, but only one did anything worthy of a suspension.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sure; I believe I said as much.

Edit: Sorry, I'm having this conversation in two threads. In the other I said that both guys overreacted, but only one did anything worthy of a suspension.
all good, just wanted to clarify. 

the Browns fans in here are having the same discussion; does what Rudolph did rise to the level of suspension?  it’s certainly debatable.  

i think most fans believe both were at fault, and Garrett definitely went too far.  

as far as the suspensions, that’s up to the NFL, so at the end of the day, it doesn’t really matter what we all think.  

have a good one. 

He's a Cowboys fan.  Just stop.

I do not understand why this is the battle you all are picking.
I’m confused at why it seems so difficult  for people to wrap their heads around *why* people might think Mason should have been suspended. His actions during the melee and post game words are pretty clear. I understand what you and ghost have said, which is nothing more than an opinion on the matter (like mine), and I don’t agree. Now we’re picking battles? 

You do understand I think Myles got what he deserved? There’s not really much left to flush out there, I’m already tired of it. 

I’m confused at why it seems so difficult  for people to wrap their heads around *why* people might think Mason should have been suspended. His actions during the melee and post game words are pretty clear. I understand what you and ghost have said, which is nothing more than an opinion on the matter (like mine), and I don’t agree. Now we’re picking battles? 

You do understand I think Myles got what he deserved? There’s not really much left to flush out there, I’m already tired of it. 
I just don't understand why that is the prioritized discussion point. Hate making assumptions, but it strikes me as making arguments out of convenience. Our actions are indefensible, so let's pick apart what the other side did. Whether intentional or not it's meant to distract. I get that I'm just reading too much into it, but that's what's been going through my head when Browns people bring up Rudolph's punishment. 

I had picked up Cleveland d for next week v Miami.  Stay the course or stream elsewhere?  Will be starting Mayfield and just need an average week. 

I had picked up Cleveland d for next week v Miami.  Stay the course or stream elsewhere?  Will be starting Mayfield and just need an average week. 
I'm guessing Vernon is back, but if he isn't we are starting Thomas and Smith at DE. Blegh.

Ogunjobi is out at DT, so I'm guessing that means Lawrence and...?

Burnett blew out his Achilles, but I like how Burris has played. Curious if they transition to more 3 lb with Takitaki instead of 5 db with Carrie. Maybe Redwine instead? 

Which leaves Richardson, Scho, Ward, and Randall with rookies and journeymen. 

Just my opinion, but I think this is the sort of situation where teams rally together & crush their opponents.  

I'm guessing Vernon is back, but if he isn't we are starting Thomas and Smith at DE. Blegh.

Ogunjobi is out at DT, so I'm guessing that means Lawrence and...?

Burnett blew out his Achilles, but I like how Burris has played. Curious if they transition to more 3 lb with Takitaki instead of 5 db with Carrie. Maybe Redwine instead? 

Which leaves Richardson, Scho, Ward, and Randall with rookies and journeymen. 
Have the think a call will be made to Eric Berry and a DL bright up for m the practice squad.  :Shrug:

Now you're just lying. And I'm not a Steelers fan.
I was referring to the two conversations, as Birdie and I replied to similar posts of yours in two places. 

Getting caught up on the thread and reading the exchange with Amnesiac, I can see where you're coming from. I had multiple conversations about this yesterday and I took your comments that Rudolph was not at fault. I think both were boneheads and should be reprimanded accordingly.

Have the think a call will be made to Eric Berry and a DL bright up for m the practice squad.  :Shrug:
Hope not on the former, this is your opportunity to find out about the young guys. 

There isn't an answer on the DL. More pressure on the DB's to hold up in coverage. Need to be more creative with blitz calls. Aren't going to win the battle on the line of scrimmage, so the goal is now just not to lose it. 

I just don't understand why that is the prioritized discussion point. Hate making assumptions, but it strikes me as making arguments out of convenience. Our actions are indefensible, so let's pick apart what the other side did. Whether intentional or not it's meant to distract. I get that I'm just reading too much into it, but that's what's been going through my head when Browns people bring up Rudolph's punishment. 
Ok I’m not going down this path. I’ve seen tons of negative reaction about Mason’s lack of suspension from non Browns fans. That includes many current and former NFL players, local and national media, fans with no connection to either team, etc etc etc. The media continues to ask Mason questions and he keeps looking worse. It is what it is I guess. 

Hope not on the former, this is your opportunity to find out about the young guys. 
I don't disagree, but look at Redwine. He was not ready. He's not a strong safety. They only have CBs. There is no one in the roster that can play SS adaquately. If he's good to play, I don't see why not? He's the only vet I can think of right now. I'm open to others, but I feel we need a vet presence in the backfield.

Peak said:
I don't disagree, but look at Redwine. He was not ready. He's not a strong safety. They only have CBs. There is no one in the roster that can play SS adaquately. If he's good to play, I don't see why not? He's the only vet I can think of right now. I'm open to others, but I feel we need a vet presence in the backfield.
What did you see out of Redwine that made you think he can't play strong? I dont know if he can or can't. I just didn't see anything to indicate one way or the other. 

What did you see out of Redwine that made you think he can't play strong? I dont know if he can or can't. I just didn't see anything to indicate one way or the other. 
I thought he looked too tentative. He didn't play near the line. He gave up too much room on coverage. He just didn't look confident. Maybe it was first game jitters. Maybe it was the scheme. I don't know. But everything I've heard is that the SS is a leader in Wilks scheme, and I don't feel confident Redwine could do that right now.  

I thought he looked too tentative. He didn't play near the line. He gave up too much room on coverage. He just didn't look confident. Maybe it was first game jitters. Maybe it was the scheme. I don't know. But everything I've heard is that the SS is a leader in Wilks scheme, and I don't feel confident Redwine could do that right now.  
To be fair, he hasn't gotten any reps. I don't think expecting him to hit the field mid game and be the alpha of the secondary is a fair expectation. In fact, i would argue most of those criticisms were by design. Given the circumstances, dont put him in a position to give up a big play would be what I expect out of Wilks. 

Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter 5h5 hours ago

The draft pick that the Browns received from Houston in the Duke Johnson trade officially will become a 3rd-round pick today:

-----------------------------------

:thumbup:

soooo...

Miami.  at home.  seriously should be a win. right?  5-6

at Steelers.  they will want revenge.  home field. 

but... really the Browns are the better team.  no Pouncey.  should be a closely called game. they should win this game but hard to say.  

IF they pull it off:  6-6

then at home against the Bengals, seriously??

no reason they can’t be 7-6 in a few weeks. 

at Cardinals:  3-7-1 IF they roll into Arizona on a 4 game winning streak?  

I know it sounds crazy, but then Baltimore at home. the Ravens are on a roll, but it’s at home?

week 17 at the Bengals, you really think they are going to care?

they could run the table and end up 10-6.  

will it happen?  probably not.  

but 8-8, 9-7, we need to give Kitchens another year. 

I do not understand why this is the battle you all are picking.
For my part, I like firing up @ghostguy123

I've already said I'm good with Garrett's suspension for the year. Indefinite is stupid and I think that will be walked back. My angst lies with Rudolph walking away with a $35k fine. Should have got 2 games.

but 8-8, 9-7, we need to give Kitchens another year. 
That's where I'm at. I'll reserve judgement on Freddie to see how he handles the rest of the year but firing a coach every other year doesn't = success. We have to stick with someone eventually and Hue set precedent. If you're not firing that goof after 1-31 or whatever the hell it was Freddie can come back for round 2.

For my part, I like firing up @ghostguy123

I've already said I'm good with Garrett's suspension for the year. Indefinite is stupid and I think that will be walked back. My angst lies with Rudolph walking away with a $35k fine. Should have got 2 games.
From the NFL's perspective indefinite is not stupid. If they set the timeline now then that becomes the talking point. By not setting the timeline there's nothing for those crying for more to complain about - because it could be more (it's not). Then they pick the time in the offseason to rip this bandaid off and reinstate him. Deal with whatever blow back comes at that time then when the next news cycle kicks in all is forgotten.

From the NFL's perspective indefinite is not stupid. If they set the timeline now then that becomes the talking point. By not setting the timeline there's nothing for those crying for more to complain about - because it could be more (it's not). Then they pick the time in the offseason to rip this bandaid off and reinstate him. Deal with whatever blow back comes at that time then when the next news cycle kicks in all is forgotten.
Yea but I didn't think they had the right to suspend indefinitely for on the field incidents? That was my point. The amount of wokeness/butt hurt from this incident is off the charts I jsut didn't think they could do it per the CBA.

Yea but I didn't think they had the right to suspend indefinitely for on the field incidents? That was my point. The amount of wokeness/butt hurt from this incident is off the charts I jsut didn't think they could do it per the CBA.
I'm curious where from the CBA that stems from. My understanding is the guidelines are intentionally vague, which allows for optics play a role. So, the NFL certainly has the right to and given all the blow back making this thing go away was in their best interests. I get why someone wouldn't like that, but if that's the case then that's an issue to take with the players. Tell them not to cave so easily in negotiations next time around.

Garrett thread on the fourth page already. 

that cooled down much quicker than i thought it would.  

Garrett thread on the fourth page already. 

that cooled down much quicker than i thought it would.  
Yep.  That's what happens to wildly emotional responses.  We'll see what his suspension becomes when the emotion subsides...

I didn't watch all of last week's game but did Chubb get hurt? I read on FBG's app that he was spotted on the sideline stretching his groin out and tweaked something holding his upper leg.  They had 10 days rest, but with Hunt playing so well in the passing game is Chubb a deadline redraft sell?

Chubb, Barkley, Henry - ROS rankings. (Week 14-16 primarily)

I didn't watch all of last week's game but did Chubb get hurt? I read on FBG's app that he was spotted on the sideline stretching his groin out and tweaked something holding his upper leg.  They had 10 days rest, but with Hunt playing so well in the passing game is Chubb a deadline redraft sell?

Chubb, Barkley, Henry - ROS rankings. (Week 14-16 primarily)
Chubb tweaked something toward the end of the game. He had a bit of a limp coming off the field but it was late in the game (I think) and didn't appear serious. Haven't heard anything more about it from local radio so I'd say your good to keep him.

Are you guys referring to this?

One question that was asked was if his team could learn anything from what happened at the end of the Browns game. His response was simply, “No.” When the next question was “Why?” Tomlin responded with:

”Because I don’t know if we did anything to make it happen in the first place.”

Quite a leader right there.

Chubb tweaked something toward the end of the game. He had a bit of a limp coming off the field but it was late in the game (I think) and didn't appear serious. Haven't heard anything more about it from local radio so I'd say your good to keep him.
Thanks - Tough to figure out the Chubb/Hunt situation. I just worry that Chubb is now volume and TD dependent.

Thanks - Tough to figure out the Chubb/Hunt situation. I just worry that Chubb is now volume and TD dependent.
I'd start Chubb and not look back. Hunt is cutting into his production but Chubb is gonna get 100 yards and probably break one for a TD on a pretty regular basis. I don't see the Browns going away from him as their workhorse.

I'd start Chubb and not look back. Hunt is cutting into his production but Chubb is gonna get 100 yards and probably break one for a TD on a pretty regular basis. I don't see the Browns going away from him as their workhorse.
I agree, I'm basically deciding between Chubb,OBJ,Henry (2 of 3) Chubb seems very similar to Henry now, except Henry is more productive in the red-zone lately.  The Browns have been getting stuffed inside the 5.

I was offered Barkley for Henry or Chubb and it's tempting but i'll probably stay put, as crazy as that sounds?

Chubb ran all over Buffalo and did well vs Pittsburgh but the designed screens are now all Hunt's - Chubb was getting like 1-2 a game before that.

Hunt is sustaining drives though and I see that and the schedule for the Browns trending up.

I agree, I'm basically deciding between Chubb,OBJ,Henry (2 of 3) Chubb seems very similar to Henry now, except Henry is more productive in the red-zone lately.  The Browns have been getting stuffed inside the 5.

I was offered Barkley for Henry or Chubb and it's tempting but i'll probably stay put, as crazy as that sounds?

Chubb ran all over Buffalo and did well vs Pittsburgh but the designed screens are now all Hunt's - Chubb was getting like 1-2 a game before that.

Hunt is sustaining drives though and I see that and the schedule for the Browns trending up.
I'm a fan that doesn't play FF any more so take my advice with a grain of salt. Chubb wasn't our pass catcher out of the backfield anyhow. Yea he did it but that's not his forte'. It is with Hunt which gives us the ability to have both on the field at the same time. If anyone's production is suffering from Hunt being on the field I'd think it's the WR corp more than Chubb. Having Hunt out there actually benefits Chubb IMO because it's one more legit body they have to cover.

Users who are viewing this thread