Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

**** CLEVELAND BROWNS THREAD ****

45 minutes ago, Soulfly3 said:

our mgmts JOB is to PROTECT their #1 pick/franchise qb, not to help other teams get who they want. 

unless our guy is gone and the guy we want next can be had a little later, there is ZERO reason to blow it by moving down

49 minutes ago, Bracie Smathers said:

He set up why we'd trade-down. 

• Replies 25.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MAC_32

• ghostguy123

• amnesiac

• Bracie Smathers

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Of course he was concussed...I'm sure Haley kept reminding him on the sideline he was concussed.  Haley wasn't going to let him back in that game, Hue be damned.   Taylor: Coach, I can play.  I ju

This isn't going to be a "only positive comments allowed" type thing. But don't do what you did. And you know what you did. If you've got something constructive to discuss about how the team

Ryan Engle‏ @rengle83 13h13 hours ago I read the survival handbook for these situations. If you’re attacked by a Jermaine Whitehead, just pretend like you’re a tight end running at a moderate pac

sure he set up, but he doesnt know who our guy is. Not only that, he doesnt know how much "lower" our next guy is ranked. 

wouldnt that go for all 32 teams? I can make a case for any team to trade down from any spot

It's a really weird convo to have

21 minutes ago, Soulfly3 said:

sure he set up, but he doesnt know who our guy is. Not only that, he doesnt know how much "lower" our next guy is ranked. 

wouldnt that go for all 32 teams? I can make a case for any team to trade down from any spot

It's a really weird convo to have

Agreed, I mean - I get it. What else are you supposed to talk about 3 days before the draft. But the amount of if-then's given the information we don't have are seemingly endless.

• Like 2

"Our guy".  Aren't there hundreds to consider throughout the draft?  I suppose if I had the top pick & wanted a QB, there would be one guy who was a "must have", but I don't see that for us.  I want them to fix the OL.  Period.  If that's all they did this off season, I'd be ecstatic, but there's more than a single path to that end and, as far as I can tell, there's not a single individual who is an elite NFL OT.  If there were, I'd be inclined to say, "Go get that guy!"  That being said, there may be one, four, six, eight, who end up pro-bowlers.  Wish I knew.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, amnesiac said:

lol at Soulfly ghosting for months and then showing back up with “solid” analysis. 

right. let's discuss the Browns moving down FOUR times in the first round. 

firstly, let's discuss 1, 2 and 3 tradedowns.

then let's discuss the list our team released with their draft board and player grades so we can understand all the tradedowns as well. 

Edited by Soulfly3

Official cap space by team entering the draft (1-11):
1. CLE: $37,547,510
2. DET: $29,488,200
3. PHI: $27,145,824
4. NYJ: $25,164,780
5. WAS: $24,943,685
6. DEN: $24,173,954
7. IND: $23,926,469
8. MIA: $22,682,552
9. TEN: $21,896,801
10. LAC: $20,994,933
11. BUF: $20,596,199

I’m told acquiring Trent Williams is “still on the table” for the #Browns, per source today. "Nothing is imminent or super close right now," but the #Browns are keeping their thumb on the situation--meaning something still may, or may not happen w/Trent before or after the Draft.

- Josina Anderson

15 minutes ago, Soulfly3 said:

I’m told acquiring Trent Williams is “still on the table” for the #Browns, per source today. "Nothing is imminent or super close right now," but the #Browns are keeping their thumb on the situation--meaning something still may, or may not happen w/Trent before or after the Draft.

- Josina Anderson

I'm a proponent of prophylaxis. 

2 hours ago, Soulfly3 said:

right. let's discuss the Browns moving down FOUR times in the first round. 

firstly, let's discuss 1, 2 and 3 tradedowns.

then let's discuss the list our team released with their draft board and player grades so we can understand all the tradedowns as well. 

Easy tiger.  

Lets see what happens.  

A blind person could see the biggest team need but we kept hearing that we were fine on the O-Line.  

Timing. 

You share that we are keeping an eye on Trent Williams.  Which makes you ask why a team that spent big FA bucks on an OT and re-signed their own OT and is so locked on taking an OT with the #10 pick that fans get upset about the possibility of doing anything other than taking an OT have their pulse on the Trent Williams situation? 

Could it possibly be that in a draft loaded with OTs that the guy(s) they want to take at #10 won't be available?

Since the team is preparing for the scenario then I think its fair game to discuss.

1 hour ago, Soulfly3 said:

Official cap space by team entering the draft (1-11):
1. CLE: $37,547,510
2. DET: $29,488,200
3. PHI: $27,145,824
4. NYJ: $25,164,780
5. WAS: $24,943,685
6. DEN: $24,173,954
7. IND: $23,926,469
8. MIA: $22,682,552
9. TEN: $21,896,801
10. LAC: $20,994,933
11. BUF: $20,596,199

We let Joe go because he was asking too much but one of the FA LBers who got a big signing bonus last year is available at what appears to be a bargain salary.

-----------------------------------

Sigmund Bloom@SigmundBloom

Teams wanting to trade players the year after signing them to a big deal (and in Ford's case trading for him!) is a bad look... Ford is due over 14M this year, gonna be a tough sell Alexander is due only 1.35M because of a restructure, perhaps will get interest

Michael Lombardi@mlombardiNFL

From talking to teams around the league 49ers want to clean up some cap issues and have made Dee Ford and Kwon Alexander along with Goodwin and Tartt available for trade. Will they get takers? Not sure but all four names are on the available list for the right price.

2:10 PM · Apr 20, 2020

--------------------------------------

We've got a need and the salary room and they would probably take a low pick which we also have.   Would be good to have a Pro Bowl veteran helping out our second year guys who could use some help.

• Like 1

I'd be receptive to either, but I like the idea of a day 3 pick for Tartt more than Kwon. Not just the player, but because to get a quality safety I think we'd have to use a round 2 pick whereas we should be able to get a quality LB round 3.

10 minutes ago, MAC_32 said:

I'd be receptive to either, but I like the idea of a day 3 pick for Tartt more than Kwon. Not just the player, but because to get a quality safety I think we'd have to use a round 2 pick whereas we should be able to get a quality LB round 3.

Been a fan of Kwon for awhile but he gets injured a lot.  Still.  Dire need, would be a perfect tutor for our guys who I'm leary of working out, and at bargain basement cap hit.  

I'm kinda wondering what I don't know because I would be on the phone right now sealing the deal.

EDIT:  I'm hearing good things about Joseph being a lot better then people think.  

Edited by Bracie Smathers
7 minutes ago, Bracie Smathers said:

Been a fan of Kwon for awhile but he gets injured a lot.  Still.  Dire need, would be a perfect tutor for our guys who I'm leary of working out, and at bargain basement cap hit.  

I'm kinda wondering what I don't know because I would be on the phone right now sealing the deal.

EDIT:  I'm hearing good things about Joseph being a lot better then people think.  

Hypothetically speaking, i don't think Tartt (or a round 2 safety) would be a substitute for Joseph. He'd be a compliment. Tartt has similar health problems as Kwon though.

Edited by MAC_32

(99% sure Browns go OL, but....)

#9 on the clock and CLE and WAS have a deal in principle made awaiting the 9 pick to go down....

pick is made and CLE finalizes a trade for trent for a 3rd rnd pick or something...

#10, CLE browns select Ceedee Lamb. 

55 minutes ago, Soulfly3 said:

(99% sure Browns go OL, but....)

#9 on the clock and CLE and WAS have a deal in principle made awaiting the 9 pick to go down....

pick is made and CLE finalizes a trade for trent for a 3rd rnd pick or something...

What are we getting for Beckham? 

5 minutes ago, MAC_32 said:

What are we getting for Beckham? 

nothing he stays. lamb learns from landry and beckham, no pressure, costs peanuts for 4yrs and then who knows. 

Baker gets the most loaded arsenal in the league. 

I kno how unlikely it is, but imagine a fixed o-line w Trent+ Conklin and then obj, landry, lamb, hooper, njoku and Chubb.  

My looooooooooord

16 minutes ago, Soulfly3 said:

nothing he stays. lamb learns from landry and beckham, no pressure, costs peanuts for 4yrs and then who knows. 

I kno how unlikely it is, but imagine a fixed o-line w Trent+ Conklin and then obj, landry, lamb, hooper, njoku and Chubb.  

My looooooooooord

Yeah I'm sure that would go over well in the locker room. 

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, Soulfly3 said:

My looooooooooord

Looks like your reliving the 2014 draft with your slobbering over Sammy Watkins LOL!!!

• Laughing 1
On 4/19/2020 at 8:25 PM, Soulfly3 said:

With pick #10, @joethomas73 has the @Browns selecting Alabama OT Jedrick Wills.

📺: #MockDraftLive airing NOW on NFL Network

eta: becton and wirfs were off the board

Home run pick

22 minutes ago, Soulfly3 said:

alright, im all in on this...

We're gonna trade for trent williams tonight or tomorrow - and then draft someone delicious at 10.... 

browns and tb probably having a battle over a 2nd v a 3rd.

I see what you did their. 🐑

On 4/21/2020 at 6:54 PM, Soulfly3 said:

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, Soulfly3 said:

alright, im all in on this...

We're gonna trade for trent williams tonight or tomorrow - and then draft someone delicious at 10.... 

browns and tb probably having a battle over a 2nd v a 3rd.

What pick you giving for Trent? 

Trent is going to turn 32 in August, hasn't played a full season in years, his contract will be extended and he'd want a bump.

The only way we make a deal is if the OTs we want are off the board and then I don't think anyone is going to give a 2nd for Trent but if it happens then what?

5 minutes ago, ghostguy123 said:

Trent isnt worth the contract met alone a pick

7× Pro Bowl (2012–2018)

Second-team All-Pro (2015)

Voted co-team captain and team captain so he's well-respected in the clubhouse

1 minute ago, ffmail4me said:

wrong, multiple teams are inquiring. 

A month ago you were saying he was going for a 1st round pick and you, for some reason want your Skins to trade the #2 pick.

The reality is you will look back at this draft and thank your lucky stars for Chase Young and if Trent gets traded the Skins will be lucky to get a 3rd round pick.

• Like 1