What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cleveland Browns (5 Viewers)

Hope more Jacob Phillips and healthy Garrett/Ogunjobi make them a playable option later this season, but regardless of conditions they are a hard pass right now.

I'll get greedy and add a Karl Joseph replaces Sendejo request to my pie in the sky wishlist. 

im a browns fan, first and foremost... but as good as hunt was today, we lose this game without chubb

man. is. a. DEMON.

I think we’ve already seen what they will do.  can they keep it up?  hopefully.  

I think we will see addition by subtraction.  

not hating on Beckham, but for whatever reason, he and Mayfield just never clicked.  
OBJ got injured early on a throw by Baker against the Steelers so he did not have many (any) opportunities in that game so look at the first five games he played and what the offense did.

First five games Browns score:

• 157 points
  • 31.4 points per game
Last four games with virtually no OBJ Browns score:

• 60 points
  • 15 points per game
Bad weather but only one strong defense where he played 3 snaps and got injured early in the 1st quarter so he basically had no opportunities in that game.

Two freak weather games and no Chubb/Teller played a huge role.  

If you looked into the impact he had with the Giants you would found out that opposing defensive coordinators began preparations when facing the Giants by installing bracket coverage to protect against OBJ meaning their entire coverage scheme was set-up to stop or limit OBJ.

We don't have a guy to force bracket coverage so that is a big reason why the Raiders were playing their safety up in the box and why Jonathan Abram was blowing everything up.  We got Chubb and Teller back and that helps a lot so lets see what the offense does over the next few games but with OBJ the offense was scoring over 30 points per game even with the stinker Baltimore game to start the season.

Browns getting hit with the 'Rona stick this week. Close contact to Andy Janovich my guess.

Jack Conklin, Cody Parkey, Charley Hughlett (who? the long snapper). All placed in quarantine w/close contact to someone who tested positive. 

Browns getting hit with the 'Rona stick this week. Close contact to Andy Janovich my guess.

Jack Conklin, Cody Parkey, Charley Hughlett (who? the long snapper). All placed in quarantine w/close contact to someone who tested positive. 
dang, this morning they didn't mention any of those guys.  IF they're out Sunday,

Conklin will be misssed.

Parkey and Hughlett... eh, just go for two.

dang, this morning they didn't mention any of those guys.  IF they're out Sunday,

Conklin will be misssed.

Parkey and Hughlett... eh, just go for two.
It just came out when I posted so ***BREAKING NEWS***

So from what I hear, the weather is going to be #### again Sunday. How many times did we punt the last two weeks? They punted 4 times last week and twice during the LV game (due primarily to not having the ball). I always get that hair on the back of my neck feeling when the long snapper goes down. Hughlett has started 89 games for us and one of the backups is Mack Wilson. I don't have a warm fuzzy about that. Certainly will make for a different approach if they really can't go.

If these instances are based on "contact" with someone who has COVID, then it may be just a matter of isolating for a couple of days and retesting.  This shouldn't keep them from playing on Sunday.  Now if they have contracted COVID, that is a different story.  

Remember, Baker was placed on the same list about the same time last week, then was playing on Sunday.  I think it's more of a "let's keep monitoring these fools" over the next couple of days.

Peak said:
If these instances are based on "contact" with someone who has COVID, then it may be just a matter of isolating for a couple of days and retesting.  This shouldn't keep them from playing on Sunday.  Now if they have contracted COVID, that is a different story.  

Remember, Baker was placed on the same list about the same time last week, then was playing on Sunday.  I think it's more of a "let's keep monitoring these fools" over the next couple of days.
I've not expended much energy monitoring this, but this is at least generally correct. Baker was put on the list earlier and was cleared by Wednesday, but the timeframe was only a few days. Helps that we're at home too. Road games players need to be cleared before travel, but home games players have until the day of.

beer 30 said:
I always get that hair on the back of my neck feeling when the long snapper goes down. Hughlett has started 89 games for us and one of the backups is Mack Wilson. I don't have a warm fuzzy about that. Certainly will make for a different approach if they really can't go.
D'oh!  I wasn't thinking about punts.  good point.  

maybe they can do the half turn and toss like the kids do in flag football?

#### Barkley.  

Chubb would murder him in a fight. 

I hate these “talking head” blowhard hot take jerkoffs.  

:rant:

:rant over:

Well ####, Myles out for Sunday. Just announced on the radio, placed on the COVID-19 list.
Just when it looked like we had something to get excited about with some pieces of the defense.

S Ronnie Harrison is really starting to emerge.  I didn't realize he's 6'3 and 214 lbs.  He can move and with that size he's got range.  

Not sure what to make of OLB  Mack Wilson but he has flashed some plays lately.

Then it looks like Jacob Phillips will be back and reports are that he 'looks' the most imposing of all of the linebackers.  

The new generation Browns have never beaten Philly.  Wentz has been turning the ball over.  I felt we could get pressure and create some opportunities but with Myles out...  

What is this defense going to look like without Myles and how long is he going to be out?

What is this defense going to look like without Myles and how long is he going to be out?
Two words...track meet.

It sounds like he has tested positive but they haven't come out and said it yet. If he does, minimum of 2 weeks, right? If not then probably by next weeks game if he gets over whatever the sickness is (reported flu-like symptoms).

ETA - just reported he tested positive today. Has been out of the facility all week so probably minimal impact to the rest of the team

Last edited by a moderator:
Two words...track meet.

It sounds like he has tested positive but they haven't come out and said it yet. If he does, minimum of 2 weeks, right? If not then probably by next weeks game if he gets over whatever the sickness is (reported flu-like symptoms).
I don't know what the NFL positive test protocol isolation is.  I think if they show no signs and retest they play but the initial report was he was showing 'cold like' symptoms.   So...   ???

If anything positive can come from this it would be that we eek out wins the next two weeks and then have a healthy and fresh Myles against Tennessee and Baltimore and 'hopefully' the playoffs?

I don't know what the NFL positive test protocol isolation is.  I think if they show no signs and retest they play but the initial report was he was showing 'cold like' symptoms.   So...   ???

If anything positive can come from this it would be that we eek out wins the next two weeks and then have a healthy and fresh Myles against Tennessee and Baltimore and 'hopefully' the playoffs?
Following a positive test, if the player is asymptomatic, he can return once:

10 days have passed since the initial positive test; OR Five days have passed since the initial positive test and the player receives two consecutive negative PCR virus tests at least 24 hours apart within that five-day period

Following a positive test, if the player demonstrates symptoms, he can return when:

At least 10 days have passed since symptoms first appeared; AND At least 72 hours have passed since he last experienced symptoms

---

I wouldn't assume anything about how he will play once he returns, especially if he develops symptoms.

Following a positive test, if the player is asymptomatic, he can return once:

10 days have passed since the initial positive test; OR Five days have passed since the initial positive test and the player receives two consecutive negative PCR virus tests at least 24 hours apart within that five-day period

Following a positive test, if the player demonstrates symptoms, he can return when:

At least 10 days have passed since symptoms first appeared; AND At least 72 hours have passed since he last experienced symptoms

---

I wouldn't assume anything about how he will play once he returns, especially if he develops symptoms.
Is is safe to assume the next step is players deemed "close contact" with Myles to come next?  Seems those players would be hard to make it through protocol in time for a game 48 hours away.

Is is safe to assume the next step is players deemed "close contact" with Myles to come next?  Seems those players would be hard to make it through protocol in time for a game 48 hours away.
Not necessarily, he was a DNP at practice all week. We'll find out soon if this is the case, but it's possible he hasn't had a close contact with anyone on the team since Sunday. 

just hope Garrett gets better and can come back and play in a few weeks.  

in the meantime, they gotta protect the football and control the clock.  

so awesome they won. 

but the linebackers and secondary (minus Ward) are terrible.  completely lost most of the time. 

Baker at least is throwing the ball away vs. throwing interceptions, but man does he look bad sometimes.  seems like he still isn’t in sync with his receivers a lot of the time. 

running game took a while to get going, but man they had some great runs!

they look like they could make the playoffs. 

not sure they can go very far though. 

so much fun watching a winning team.  Hope they can keep building on this next year. 

Ugly game for both teams but a win is a win. Would love to see the DL perform like that when Myles comes back, would be what we all dreamed it would be at the beginning of the season but according to Philly fan it’s more a statement on their bad OL than it is our DL stepping up.

Baker whiffed on an easy TD toss early which was on him. Still making some stupid throws but three weeks in a row in #### weather, not sure how it effected everything. Rained pretty steady the whole game. Running game needs to get it going earlier than late in the 3rd, our OL looked a little lost today. First game I’ve seen that they weren’t making a difference.

BUT 7-3 BABY!!!!  :headbang:

The goodness.

5-1 at home is tied with Saints for second-best home record.  HUGE if we make the playoffs and can somehow get at least one home game.  We have the elixir with Chubby-Hunt to win in bad weather.

Only the Steelers and Seahawks have a better home records (5-0) this year.   

The eh'ness.

We are 2-2 on the road and play 4 of our next 5 on the road.

The Steelers absolutely blew out the Jags, we did not blow out the 'Iggles' and 'may' be without Myles for another week.  Jacksonville has lost 9 straight so all we have to do is just get away with a W.  

We've been winning ugly and at 7-3 we have a %69 chance of making the playoffs.

I'd take a win next week ugly or any way it comes.

Can't praise Stefanski enough for the job he's done.  🤝

I am worried about this game being a trap, especially if Myles is out, but this is the sorta spot good teams get out ahead early and win easily. I don't need to see Baker go nuts this week, but it would be comforting with the Titans and Ravens looming to see some strong passing fueled drives early in the game this week. Are we a good team? and was the last 3 weeks of the passing game all just because of the weather? Hoping for good answers to those questions. 

This teams needs to ride Chubb. Not a big fan of Hunt in the goal line packages
You must be a Chubb owner, huh?  Bet you got really pissed when he ran out of bounds at the 1 yard line in wk 10 also.   :rolleyes:

This team has two of the best RBs in the lg right now.  You ride them both the rest of the way with Baker using PA to keep defenses honest.  

I am worried about this game being a trap, especially if Myles is out, but this is the sorta spot good teams get out ahead early and win easily. 
I hope Cleveland players don't think they've played well enough in any game this year where they would have themselves convinced any win will be easy.

I hope Cleveland players don't think they've played well enough in any game this year where they would have themselves convinced any win will be easy.
Even veteran teams have letdown weeks, let alone an unexperienced one like this. I hope they got it out of their system vs Vegas, but a road game against a 1 win team off back-to-back wins in front of Tennessee and Baltimore fits the bill.

Users who are viewing this thread