• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MAC_32

• ghostguy123

• amnesiac

• Bracie Smathers

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Of course he was concussed...I'm sure Haley kept reminding him on the sideline he was concussed.  Haley wasn't going to let him back in that game, Hue be damned.   Taylor: Coach, I can play.  I ju

This isn't going to be a "only positive comments allowed" type thing. But don't do what you did. And you know what you did. If you've got something constructive to discuss about how the team

Ryan Engle‏ @rengle83 13h13 hours ago I read the survival handbook for these situations. If you’re attacked by a Jermaine Whitehead, just pretend like you’re a tight end running at a moderate pac

so awesome they won. 

but the linebackers and secondary (minus Ward) are terrible.  completely lost most of the time. 

Baker at least is throwing the ball away vs. throwing interceptions, but man does he look bad sometimes.  seems like he still isn’t in sync with his receivers a lot of the time. 

running game took a while to get going, but man they had some great runs!

they look like they could make the playoffs. 

not sure they can go very far though. 

so much fun watching a winning team.  Hope they can keep building on this next year. 

• Like 2

Ugly game for both teams but a win is a win. Would love to see the DL perform like that when Myles comes back, would be what we all dreamed it would be at the beginning of the season but according to Philly fan it’s more a statement on their bad OL than it is our DL stepping up.

Baker whiffed on an easy TD toss early which was on him. Still making some stupid throws but three weeks in a row in #### weather, not sure how it effected everything. Rained pretty steady the whole game. Running game needs to get it going earlier than late in the 3rd, our OL looked a little lost today. First game I’ve seen that they weren’t making a difference.

BUT 7-3 BABY!!!! :headbang:

• Like 1

The goodness.

5-1 at home is tied with Saints for second-best home record.  HUGE if we make the playoffs and can somehow get at least one home game.  We have the elixir with Chubby-Hunt to win in bad weather.

Only the Steelers and Seahawks have a better home records (5-0) this year.   

The eh'ness.

We are 2-2 on the road and play 4 of our next 5 on the road.

The Steelers absolutely blew out the Jags, we did not blow out the 'Iggles' and 'may' be without Myles for another week.  Jacksonville has lost 9 straight so all we have to do is just get away with a W.  

We've been winning ugly and at 7-3 we have a %69 chance of making the playoffs.

I'd take a win next week ugly or any way it comes.

Can't praise Stefanski enough for the job he's done.  🤝

I am worried about this game being a trap, especially if Myles is out, but this is the sorta spot good teams get out ahead early and win easily. I don't need to see Baker go nuts this week, but it would be comforting with the Titans and Ravens looming to see some strong passing fueled drives early in the game this week. Are we a good team? and was the last 3 weeks of the passing game all just because of the weather? Hoping for good answers to those questions. 

4 hours ago, jurrassic said:

This teams needs to ride Chubb. Not a big fan of Hunt in the goal line packages

You must be a Chubb owner, huh?  Bet you got really pissed when he ran out of bounds at the 1 yard line in wk 10 also.  :rolleyes:

This team has two of the best RBs in the lg right now.  You ride them both the rest of the way with Baker using PA to keep defenses honest.  

10 hours ago, MAC_32 said:

I am worried about this game being a trap, especially if Myles is out, but this is the sorta spot good teams get out ahead early and win easily. 

I hope Cleveland players don't think they've played well enough in any game this year where they would have themselves convinced any win will be easy.

5 minutes ago, DallasDMac said:

I hope Cleveland players don't think they've played well enough in any game this year where they would have themselves convinced any win will be easy.

Even veteran teams have letdown weeks, let alone an unexperienced one like this. I hope they got it out of their system vs Vegas, but a road game against a 1 win team off back-to-back wins in front of Tennessee and Baltimore fits the bill.

3 hours ago, Soulfly3 said:

2 best defenders out, for a team that has been defensively poor.

big yikes. this should be a "simple" W, but now Im not so sure... even more important to run the rock. 30-40 rushes or ill smack stefanski myself

Not gonna beat Tennessee and Baltimore without going airborne. Gotta give Baker some opportunities this week and see how much he's developed. 

20 minutes ago, MAC_32 said:

Not gonna beat Tennessee and Baltimore without going airborne. Gotta give Baker some opportunities this week and see how much he's developed. 

you’re not wrong.  

but how often they run on 2nd and 1, there’s a good chance it won’t happen.  

Wyatt Teller keeps making a strong case for Pro Bowl.

-----------------------------

🎥 👉  VIDEO   👈

The Checkdown@thecheckdown

Wyatt Teller really blocked three dudes on this play

@Browns

Joe Thomas@joethomas73

Look what he does at the end! One handed pancake as he’s falling down

---------------------------------------------------

Look at the INSANE average per carry in the fourth quarter for Nick Chubb.

--------------------------------------------------

💹 👉 CHART 👈

Joe Thomas@joethomas73

Look at this outrageous "rushing by quarter" stat for

@NickChubb21

----------------------------------------------------

Ashlyn Sullivan@ashlynrsullivan

QB Mike Glennon will get the start for the #Jaguars this Sunday against the #Browns.

Marrone is going with the experienced veteran and believes Glennon will give the team the best chance to win.

----------------------------------------------------

Mark Long@APMarkLong

Here's the craziest part: Mike Glennon got benched in 2017 for Chicago's Mitchell Trubisky, who got benched this year for Nick Foles, who got benched last year for Gardner Minshew, who got replaced by Luton, who is now benched in favor of Glennon

-----------------------------------------------------

Obviously Dough Marrone considered the MC Esher logic when naming Glennon the starter.

On 11/24/2020 at 3:58 PM, Soulfly3 said:

big yikes. this should be a "simple" W, but now Im not so sure... even more important to run the rock. 30-40 rushes or ill smack stefanski myself

I'm as confident the Browns will win this week, as I am anyone in the NFL. Jags have no defense, almost no offense, and don't even really want to win.

I'm expecting Chubb to have a monster game and the Jags to have very few possessions. Don't see Glennon doing much of anything even against a banged up defense. Jags are also 50-50 to have Chark and Shenault is out. 

On 11/24/2020 at 4:58 PM, Soulfly3 said:

:no:  

Mike Clay@MikeClayNFL

Jaguars Cornerback situation vs Browns this week:

• 1. CJ Henderson - IR
  • 2. Sidney Jones - Out
  • 3. DJ Hayden - IR
  • 4. Tre Herndon - 2018 UDFA
  • 5. Chris Claybrooks - IR
  • 6. Luq Barcoo - 2020 UDFA
  • 7. Josiah Scott - 2020 4th Rd
  • 8. Greg Mabin - 2017 UDFA

-----------------------------------------------------

Not say'n these guys can't play but we'd better be targeting an unrestricted free agent called Lug Barcoo and we'd better be lighting him up or we don't deserve to be in the playoff hunt.

EDIT ADD:  

Mike Clay@MikeClayNFL

Starting SS Josh Jones and rotational S Daniel Thomas are also on IR.

Edited by Bracie Smathers
  • Like 1
10 minutes ago, Soulfly3 said:

First play 1st half - shotgun + 6yd sack 

First play 2nd half - pass + fumble 

12 rushes in the first half. 

But pls tell me we need to pass more. Absolutely pathetic

lighten up, Francis. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Soulfly3 said:

nah, i cant. passing on what seems like every first down. We're in a good position to llse to a 1-9 team. 

It's embarrassing to see. The defense is every bit as bad as i thought, and worse w garrett and ward out

the defense is a joke at full strength.  and they lost Harrison at the beginning of the game.   i can’t believe they’ve only given up 19 points.  making Glennon look like an NFL QB.  

I think you’re going to start seeing Chubb pop some bug runs soon.  

On 11/20/2020 at 10:18 AM, Bracie Smathers said:

If anything positive can come from this it would be that we eek out wins the next two weeks and then have a healthy and fresh Myles against Tennessee and Baltimore and 'hopefully' the playoffs?

We barely eeked out those wins but won't beat the Titans with whatever that defensive effort we saw today.

Hopefully we get a fresh Myles Garrett back this week.🙏

Glad to see us open up the pass game. Gonna need it the next 2 weeks. Some fist bump inducing lasers, missed opportunities, and the obvious what the #### moment. A lot to be encouraged about and we needed it with Derrick Henry getting ready to roll for 200+.

We are gonna need a couple drive stoppers from Myles next week cause no one else in this unit is gonna do it.

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, MAC_32 said:

Glad to see us open up the pass game. Gonna need it the next 2 weeks. Some fist bump inducing lasers, missed opportunities, and the obvious what the #### moment. A lot to be encouraged about and we needed it with Derrick Henry getting ready to roll for 200+.

We are gonna need a couple drive stoppers from Myles next week cause no one else in this unit is gonna do it.

Hope we get Harrison back too.

any word on his injury?

1 hour ago, MAC_32 said:

I'm not sure if I am hoping for a stinger or not. That's where my mind went on replay. 

cool.  he was literally knocked out of the game as I was turning it on.  

so I didn’t realize this til I read it this morning:

4 games in a row with no INTs for Mayfield.  

that’s encouraging, since the narrative earlier in the season was that he had become a turnover machine.  

• Like 1

If you’re a betting man, I’d start DHenry this week. Follow me for more gambling advice :thumbup:

I’m convinced Baker has the yips on the short, wide open throws. Dude throws 20 yard lasers to a specific spot only his WR can get while rolling out but can’t hit a wide open TE in the flats 8 yards away. Seriously, they need to work on that, cost us at least 3 TD’s in the last 2 games that good teams aren’t going to overlook.

‘Any win is a good win but they certainly have a full slate of things to work on this week as the schedule gets tougher.

4 minutes ago, beer 30 said:

If you’re a betting man, I’d start DHenry this week. Follow me for more gambling advice :thumbup:

I’m convinced Baker has the yips on the short, wide open throws. Dude throws 20 yard lasers to a specific spot only his WR can get while rolling out but can’t hit a wide open TE in the flats 8 yards away. Seriously, they need to work on that, cost us at least 3 TD’s in the last 2 games that good teams aren’t going to overlook.

‘Any win is a good win but they certainly have a full slate of things to work on this week as the schedule gets tougher.

I don't think it's the yips cause it doesn't happen all the time. I think he has a couple-few GOD DAMMIT BAKER moments each game that has a range of outcomes. I don't know if it's temporarily lost focus or over confidence, but somewhere in there. Whatever it is he has a short memory so it doesn't prolong, but against better teams it takes just one bad mistake to turn the game on its head. 

2 hours ago, beer 30 said:

If you’re a betting man, I’d start DHenry this week

Go to the 1:50 mark.

James Robinson Ran, He Ran So Far Away w/ 159 Total Yds

James Robinson got away with 128 rushing yards, 1 rushing touchdown, and 31 receiving yards. The Cleveland Browns take on the Jacksonville Jaguars during Week 12 of the 2020 NFL season.

James Robinson is good but crown King Henry as the NFL leading rusher two years in a row.

🎥 👉  Derrick Henry's best runs vs. the Colts   👈  

I cant believe this team is 8-3. I am going to give a ton of credit to Stefanski so far.  

It's really not surprising the teams like the Steelers and Ravens beat up on us.  They had their main core returning while we had all new coaches trying to implement schemes during a pandemic.  

It's amazing.  It's rare if ever I am watching and have a "what the hell is Stefanski doing" moment.  I had 10 of those every game with our other bonehead coaches.   He hasn't lost us any games.  As a Browns fan I find that to be amazing.  

As for Baker, honestly, every game that goes by I feel less and less confident he will ever be on of the top 10 QBs in the league.

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, ghostguy123 said:

I cant believe this team is 8-3. I am going to give a ton of credit to Stefanski so far.  

It's really not surprising the teams like the Steelers and Ravens beat up on us.  They had their main core returning while we had all new coaches trying to implement schemes during a pandemic.  

It's amazing.  It's rare if ever I am watching and have a "what the hell is Stefanski doing" moment.  I had 10 of those every game with our other bonehead coaches.   He hasn't lost us any games.  As a Browns fan I find that to be amazing.  

As for Baker, honestly, every game that goes by I feel less and less confident he will ever be on of the top 10 QBs in the league.

I'm not saying patience will pay off, but my judgment on Baker's been reserved for these 2 games since that face plant in Pittsburgh. Sure, it'd have been nice to see more before now, but can't control mother nature. I expect whiplash one direction or the other between now and Dec 14. Narrative is there for a few different path's in wildly different directions and he's in control of it.