What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cleveland Browns (12 Viewers)

Cmon Mr Pessimist. I know you're trying hard to keep that ue sour face going, but its "THE" Colt McCoy and "Predictable" Freddie Kitchens calling plays!  Colt didn't do well last week and that was with Garrett helping him.  Now he gets Freddie?!?  It feels like an early Xmas present.  Even for non-FF standards, this bodes well for the Browns.  It's okay to not be so grinchy this close to Xmas.
Mr pessimist? C'mon, scroll back a page. Never been more excited about this team.

FF purposes, generally speaking I exhaust all of my alternatives before I start a bad defense v a bad offense. Lotta reasons we're 9-4 right now and besides Garrett I'm not sure a single one of them exists on that unit. I would love to see a complete performance from the non Garrett pieces of the DL and Ward mask at least some of our issues in the secondary. I'm sure not starting these guys in the playoffs expecting it though. A stash and hope they show enough to justify being deployed next week? Yeah, sure, maybe. I don't know how many units I'd start over them cause I haven't thought about it since I picked up the Rams and Seahawks a long, long time ago but I'd think better bets exist.

Cmon!  The DL is playing at a high level right now - getting pressure with 4 pass rushers.  Ward is back baby!  NYG only has Shepard, I think.  So the backups playing CB should be able to cover them.  (Keep that new guy off the field tho....you know the one who can't play CB and just kept tackling people and giving up penalty yards letting the Ravens keep the ball).

I have to think the Browns D will show up vs Freddie's play calling.  And we all know what Colt brings to the table as the QB.  I like our chances this week!  You gotta beat the teams you're supposed to beat.  This is one of those teams.

@MikeGarafolo

.One of the top corners in the league (James Bradberry) this year will miss Sunday’s game against the #Browns.

......Soooo Colt, Kitchen and no Bradberry? If we dont win and dominate, we dont deserve playoffs.

Cmon!  The DL is playing at a high level right now - getting pressure with 4 pass rushers.  Ward is back baby!  NYG only has Shepard, I think.  So the backups playing CB should be able to cover them.  (Keep that new guy off the field tho....you know the one who can't play CB and just kept tackling people and giving up penalty yards letting the Ravens keep the ball).

I have to think the Browns D will show up vs Freddie's play calling.  And we all know what Colt brings to the table as the QB.  I like our chances this week!  You gotta beat the teams you're supposed to beat.  This is one of those teams.
Denzel Ward is key. If he's playing, I'm all over starting CLE this week.

Good teams beat bad teams and handle their business. That’s what the Browns did last. Another hat tip to the OL and coach Callahan. He might be the MVP of this team at this point. Great job by Nick Harris to step in and not miss a beat against a good NYG DL. Nothing flashy last night just getting it done  :thumbup:

Here is the crazy thing.  Even if the Browns beat the Jets there is a chance they miss the playoffs.  Ironically the week 17 game vs Steelers could be an all or nothing game for Cleveland if Indy beats Pitt next week.  If Indy, Tenn, Mia and Baltimore all win out the Browns vs Steelers game would be a win the division or miss the playoffs situation I believe for the Browns.

I think the Browns would lose tie breaker to Miami in that situation.

So if Pitt beats Indy Browns make playoffs with win over Jets but can't win the division but if Indy beats Pittsburgh then they don't clinch playoffs but can still win the division.

Will be rooting like heck for LV to beat Miami on Saturday then that way Browns clinch playoffs with win over Jets and then hope Indy can knock off Pitt and set up a chance to win the division and if you lose you still get in anyway.

Damn that 4th and 5 vs Baltimore had Cleveland just won that game they would be in already and would just need to beat Jets to setup a shot to win the division and not have to rely on the Colts to win.

i don’t pretend to know all the different scenarios, but remember Cleveland won against Indianapolis and Tennessee so that’s got to help their chances?

The loss v CIN lats night may have been our ultimate blessing. 

PIT will put 250% into that match v IND now... No way their coach allows anything but. They'll be playing for their lives. As much as I hate PIT, you gotta respect their mantra. 

Was worried they'd somewhat lay down for IND 2 weeks ago and esp going into last night... not anymore.

Having to beat Pitt with everything on the line for both teams just has a sickening feeling because, well, I'm a Browns fan.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Having to beat Pitt with everything on the line for both teams just has a sickening feeling because, well, I'm a Browns fan.  
True.  But you couldn’t write a better script:  

Week 17, winner gets the division and the playoffs. 

Steelers descending, Browns on their way up... what a way to finally get that monkey off their back!!

(in this scenario, over/under on the number of times the announcers use the phrase “passing the torch” would be set at 47.)

I have full faith in the fact that Mike Tomlin is going to rip the Steelers a new ######, and they show up v IND this sunday. 

Now, we just need to do OUR job.

It will, but not til late January. 
I'd take that. Be disappointed that the ride comes to an end but I'd take that.

I don't know a lot as my performance on FanDuel will show but I do know this. There is no way, none, 100% guaranteed that this Browns team loses to that Pittsburgh team. Enjoy it Cleveland, this is the year we start turning the corner back to respectability and the cherry on top is going to be stomping the ### out of Pittsburgh on the 3rd of January in Cleveland, OH.

I'd take that. Be disappointed that the ride comes to an end but I'd take that.

I don't know a lot as my performance on FanDuel will show but I do know this. There is no way, none, 100% guaranteed that this Browns team loses to that Pittsburgh team. Enjoy it Cleveland, this is the year we start turning the corner back to respectability and the cherry on top is going to be stomping the ### out of Pittsburgh on the 3rd of January in Cleveland, OH.
I just wouldn't mind doing it with the asterisk already next to CLE.  And then possibly doing it again a week later.

🎄 Christmas philanthropy from our top pick. 🎅 

🎥  LINK to video

Adam Schefter@AdamSchefter

Calling it Jedrick’s Winter Blast, Browns’ OT Jedrick Wills this week surprised a woman with a new car, paid the rent for a year for a family that lost its home in a house fire, and spread $50,000 worth of toys, gifts and cash to five Cleveland-area families.

🎄 Christmas philanthropy from our top pick. 🎅 

🎥  LINK to video

Adam Schefter@AdamSchefter

Calling it Jedrick’s Winter Blast, Browns’ OT Jedrick Wills this week surprised a woman with a new car, paid the rent for a year for a family that lost its home in a house fire, and spread $50,000 worth of toys, gifts and cash to five Cleveland-area families.
Unfortunately, he was in the news for another reason also. This would be a bad, bad loss given the current situation on that line.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30593870/cleveland-browns-place-lt-jedrick-wills-reserve-covid-19-list

Unfortunately, he was in the news for another reason also. This would be a bad, bad loss given the current situation on that line.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30593870/cleveland-browns-place-lt-jedrick-wills-reserve-covid-19-list
Jets lost on that ridiculous play against the Raiders and then knocked off the tough Rams in back-to-back weeks.  Two quality teams so they are not to be taken lightly.  I heard Stefanski say he's 'hopeful' Jed will be cleared to play by Sunday so fingers crossed.🤞

Dawgs By Nature@DawgsByNature

Every "we're conducting contact tracing" headline for the #Browns induces panic that a key player will be scratched, or like 15 players will be deemed close contacts.

---------------------------------------------------------

Scott Petrak ct@ScottPetrak

That's correct. Player who tested positive will miss at least the final 2 regular-season games.

Shaun@drdogpound

Replying to @ScottPetrak

So does that mean the player (if a starter) that tested positive won’t be able to play against the Steelers as well.. SMH

We've made the following roster moves: Placed on Reserve/COVID-19: LB B.J. Goodson Activated from Reserve/COVID-19: T Jedrick Wills Jr. Elevated from practice squad: C Javon Patterson (COVID-19 replacement)

phewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

@AdamSchefter

A group of Browns wide receivers have been deemed High-Risk-Close-Contacts and Cleveland is awaiting word as to how many will not be able to travel to New York for Sunday’s game vs. Jets, sources tell @mortreport and me. Game is on but Browns likely without WRs and possibly a TE.

man.... :(

“A group of Browns wide receivers have been deemed High-Risk-Close-Contacts and Cleveland is awaiting word as to how many will not be able to travel to New York for Sunday’s game vs. Jets, sources tell @mortreport and me. Game is on but Browns likely without WRs and possibly a TE.” Per Schefter 

Link

Jarvis Landry, Rashard Higgins and Donovan People-Jones have been deemed High-Risk-Close-Contacts, per @mortreport and me. Browns awaiting further instruction but all three now could be out Sunday vs. Jets. Per Schefter 

Link

Told Landry, Higgins and Peoples-Jones all going on COVID list. Game in New York is not being moved.Per Tom Withers

Link

Told Landry, Higgins and Peoples-Jones all going on COVID list. Game in New York is not being moved.Per Tom Withers

Link
Nate Ulrich@ByNateUlrich

49s

#Browns' B.J. Goodson tests positive for COVID-19, top 4 receivers and LB Jacob Phillips deemed high-risk close contacts. All six players out tomorrow vs. #Jets. More updates will be coming

--------------------------------------

Jeebus.  Are ya kidd'n me?

First F'ng time ever we are on brink of playoffs with a one-win team on the schedule?

Users who are viewing this thread