Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

**** CLEVELAND BROWNS THREAD ****

59 minutes ago, Godsbrother said:

I’m not sure why it would be a problem playing a playoff game on a Monday but they have been screwing the Steelers all season due to other teams mishaps so it wouldn’t surprise me they would continue to do so in the playoffs 

Remember the year the Steelers won the Super Bowl as a wildcard?

this year doesn’t have the same feeling with all the whining about all the “getting screwed over” talk.  

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MAC_32

• ghostguy123

• amnesiac

• Bracie Smathers

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Of course he was concussed...I'm sure Haley kept reminding him on the sideline he was concussed.  Haley wasn't going to let him back in that game, Hue be damned.   Taylor: Coach, I can play.  I ju

This isn't going to be a "only positive comments allowed" type thing. But don't do what you did. And you know what you did. If you've got something constructive to discuss about how the team

Ryan Engle‏ @rengle83 13h13 hours ago I read the survival handbook for these situations. If you’re attacked by a Jermaine Whitehead, just pretend like you’re a tight end running at a moderate pac

4 hours ago, amnesiac said:

Remember the year the Steelers won the Super Bowl as a wildcard?

this year doesn’t have the same feeling with all the whining about all the “getting screwed over” talk.  

You’re right, it doesn’t.  I don’t recall the NFL screwing around with their schedule that year.  

I don’t think it’s too much to ask the game to be played at the scheduled time or if they can’t, to delay their playoff game by one day and play it on a Monday.

Hopefully it won’t come down to that

Game goes on as planned, no chance in my mind NFL does anything.

Stand by my earlier prediction, no way this Browns team loses to that Stillers team.

24-7 final, see you in the playoffs :thumbup:

6 minutes ago, beer 30 said:

no way this Browns team

No way the team with our starting LT and starting RG and four WRs loses to the Jets, on the tarmac it all imploded.

We need Wyatt Teller, that kid Harris got 'blowed-up real good'.  You cannot run a our zone if a player gets destroyed.

Losing Denzel hurts especially without Zendeho directing traffic.  Redwine cost us last week.  Harrison is back.  

Hearing smug projections how Mason Rudolph will rub it in the Browns faces.  Mmmkay.  We'll see.

----------------------------------------

Pete Smith@_PeteSmith_

I doubt Myles will admit it, but Mason's in trouble.

Will Ward even be eligible to be back for the playoff game if the Browns in Sunday ?  Without Ward the chances of winning would be a lot lower.

Will possibly hurt this week without Ward but with Pitt playing backups should still win in theory.

12 minutes ago, Dez said:

Will Ward even be eligible to be back for the playoff game if the Browns in Sunday ?  Without Ward the chances of winning would be a lot lower.

Will possibly hurt this week without Ward but with Pitt playing backups should still win in theory.

I get that I was vague on the last page, but this is what I was getting at. Should we make it we are a long shot at best to win a game next week, no matter the opponent, if we are without Ward.

56 minutes ago, MAC_32 said:

I get that I was vague on the last page, but this is what I was getting at. Should we make it we are a long shot at best to win a game next week, no matter the opponent, if we are without Ward.

it depends on the opponent. 

I could envision a scenario where the Browns could win a shootout.  

4 hours ago, Bracie Smathers said:

----------------------------------------

Pete Smith@_PeteSmith_

Is Garrett gonna club him over the head with a weapon again? 

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1
29 minutes ago, Ghost Rider said:
5 hours ago, Bracie Smathers said:

Pete Smith@_PeteSmith_

Pete Smith@_PeteSmith_

It won't just be Myles. The rest of that DLine is going to try to get their voices heard on the matter for him.

Brian Skutle  Jan 5 Ga Runoffs@skutlelemur

I wonder how many throwaways he’ll try if Myles is after him.

43 minutes ago, Ghost Rider said:

Stefanski is making Garrett a team captain for the game this week so he can be out there for the coin toss.

I feel like teams that play little games like that almost always seem to end up regretting it.

• Like 2

Back in to say that Myles Garrett should be embarrassed -- as should the Browns -- and further trying to rehabilitate his image and his own self rather than saying that "one play doesn't define a career" and the Browns naming him honorary captain. Love to see the Steelers hang a big one on the Browns this week, but it's not going to happen. Too bad.

Edited by rockaction
Just now, Soulfly3 said:

If ward stays asymptomatic and keeps testing negative, he'd be eligible to play next Sunday, if we get there. 

We may not play Sunday.

6 minutes ago, MAC_32 said:

We may not play Sunday.

I think he's good for Saturday as well.

Pelissero just said Kamara would be eligible sunday but not saturday... and he was COVID'd today.

Ward was yesterday

7 hours ago, Bracie Smathers said:

Hearing smug projections how Mason Rudolph will rub it in the Browns faces.  Mmmkay.  We'll see.

From who??? I don’t think even Mason Rudolph thinks this!!!

4 hours ago, Bracie Smathers said:

Pete Smith@_PeteSmith_

It won't just be Myles. The rest of that DLine is going to try to get their voices heard on the matter for him.

Brian Skutle  Jan 5 Ga Runoffs@skutlelemur

I wonder how many throwaways he’ll try if Myles is after him.

That makes no sense.  Rudolph was the victim in that altercation, so why does the rest of the d-line need to get their voices heard on the matter? Are they upset they didn't get to assault Rudolph with a weapon as well? 

1 minute ago, Ghost Rider said:

That makes no sense.  Rudolph was the victim in that altercation, so why does the rest of the d-line need to get their voices heard on the matter? Are they upset they didn't get to assault Rudolph with a weapon as well? 

That's what I thought. Who's drinking what Kool Aid? Must be some real brain surgeons in that Twitter thread.

9 hours ago, beer 30 said:

Game goes on as planned, no chance in my mind NFL does anything.

Stand by my earlier prediction, no way this Browns team loses to that Stillers team.

24-7 final, see you in the playoffs :thumbup:

They didn’t even give the Browns 24 hrs to regroup last weekend. And that was ridiculous. I’ll be shocked if they move it.

2 hours ago, MAC_32 said:

We may not play Sunday.

very unlikely they don’t play on Sunday.  

unless there’s a large round of positive tests tomorrow, they will play. 

3 minutes ago, amnesiac said:

very unlikely they don’t play on Sunday.  

unless there’s a large round of positive tests tomorrow, they will play. 

Different Sunday 

6 minutes ago, MAC_32 said:

Different Sunday 

ah.  gotcha.  

yeah there’s always that possibility.  

hopefully they’ll get it done.  

Scott Petrak ct@ScottPetrak

#Browns Notes: Jarvis Landry was shocked, upset he missed first NFL game as close contact, glad to be back for critical finale; Stefanski says team is ready despite less practice time; Wyatt Teller expected to start; Callie Brownson to coach WRs; more.

2 hours ago, Soulfly3 said:

If ward stays asymptomatic and keeps testing negative, he'd be eligible to play next Sunday, if we get there. 

Where did you see this?  I thought he tested POSITIVE for COVID not contacted traced.  Contract tracing only requires negative testing.

Are you saying it was a false positive?  If he was/is POSITIVE then he's out this Sunday and if we make it the playoffs he'd miss the first game.

Well my guess is New Orleans gets 1 of the 3 Sunday games now.

Let's just win this week or we will not have to worry about what day we play next week.

1 hour ago, Soulfly3 said:

Facility closed again today as contract tracing occurs for a coach who ahs tested positive.

Browns Facility Closes Saturday As a Second Coach Tests Positive For COVID-19, Per Report

According to Mike Garafolo of NFL Network, the Cleveland Browns have been notified of a second positive test among the coaching staff that has caused the facility to be closed on Saturday.

Seems like week 17 has been the worst week as a whole with all teams besides the Tennessee and Baltimore outbreaks

In addition to Denzel, KJ is also out with COVID.  Secondary is gutted leaving only Money Mitchell who is slow.  They have length and speed at WR in addition to DJ.  Rudolph's game last year was quick-underneath stuff but we have nothing outside.

If Rudolph can connect deep they should destroy whatever patchwork corners we put out there but that would mean he'd have to take deeper drops putting him in the path of our outside pass rush.  

Last week you could see it coming when the WRs were removed.  This week the corners could be something we can't overcome.

Even if we win this game we won't have Denzel or KJ next week and would 'likely' face Buffalo who would destroy the secondary.  Hell even Rudolph could beat this secondary consisting of one slow corner.  

2 hours ago, Bracie Smathers said:

In addition to Denzel, KJ is also out with COVID.  Secondary is gutted leaving only Money Mitchell who is slow.  They have length and speed at WR in addition to DJ.  Rudolph's game last year was quick-underneath stuff but we have nothing outside.

If Rudolph can connect deep they should destroy whatever patchwork corners we put out there but that would mean he'd have to take deeper drops putting him in the path of our outside pass rush.  

Last week you could see it coming when the WRs were removed.  This week the corners could be something we can't overcome.

Even if we win this game we won't have Denzel or KJ next week and would 'likely' face Buffalo who would destroy the secondary.  Hell even Rudolph could beat this secondary consisting of one slow corner.  

Next weekend will be below freezing in Orchard Park. Chubb and Hunt could run wild in the cold.

Donovan Peoples Jones has already been to the playoffs, lol.

Hope he clears concussion protocol before next week's game.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Donovan Peoples-Jones@dpeoplesjones

They asked if I knew where I was at... I said the PLAYOFFFSSSS

53 minutes ago, Soulfly3 said:

We're in, boys... We're in...

I'll save the rage for another post.

Why would you rage?  Your team just mad the playoffs for the first time in 18 years. Be happy!  Congrats!! 

7 minutes ago, Ghost Rider said:

Why would you rage?  

because our defense might be the worst Ive ever seen as a Browns fan...

Im struggling to even know if im exaggerating. 

anyways... I dont fear PIT next week... Much rather them than the Bills. I think we can do it, i really do... Pending covid-ness

PLAYOFFS!!!

don’t hang your head at all.  no free wins in the NFL, even today. 

11-5, this team is only gonna get better.  

enjoy the moment, enjoy the ride. 

even IF they get blown out next weekend, I’d still rather be a Browns fan than, say, a Bengals or Jaguars fan at the moment.  

• Like 1

I guess we could still be playing Buffalo.  If Tennessee lost and Indy won I believe that would mean Tennessee would be #5 seed, Balt #6 and Cleveland #7.

Odds not likely with Tennessee killing Houston right now.

22 minutes ago, Dez said:

I guess we could still be playing Buffalo.  If Tennessee lost and Indy won I believe that would mean Tennessee would be #5 seed, Balt #6 and Cleveland #7.

Odds not likely with Tennessee killing Houston right now.

Ten would have only 10 wins and play Buf in that scenario. 

1 minute ago, The Duff Man said:

Ten would have only 10 wins and play Buf in that scenario. 

Right........so it's 100% Pitt I was thinking Tennessee would have 11 wins but clearly not.

5 minutes ago, Godsbrother said:

Congrats Browns fans for making the playoffs.  See you next week 

hoping for a competitive game.  

it’s been a long time.