• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MAC_32

• ghostguy123

• amnesiac

• Bracie Smathers

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Of course he was concussed...I'm sure Haley kept reminding him on the sideline he was concussed.  Haley wasn't going to let him back in that game, Hue be damned.   Taylor: Coach, I can play.  I ju

This isn't going to be a "only positive comments allowed" type thing. But don't do what you did. And you know what you did. If you've got something constructive to discuss about how the team

Ryan Engle‏ @rengle83 13h13 hours ago I read the survival handbook for these situations. If you’re attacked by a Jermaine Whitehead, just pretend like you’re a tight end running at a moderate pac

Nice timing Wood.

NEWSWR Rashard Higgins cited for drag racing in Westlake

Browns receiver Rashard Higgins was cited for drag racing Tuesday morning in Westlake, according to the Westlake Police incident report obtained by The Chronicle-Telegram.

Two cars were stopped by police and given traffic citations, one with Texas license plates — Higgins is from Dallas — and one with Georgia plates. The report listed the time as 9:26 a.m.

The location was at Coventry Drive and Crocker Road.

A substance suspected as a marijuana joint was found and destroyed on camera under officer supervision, the report said. The initial report didn’t state in which vehicle or on what person the suspected marijuana was found. The full report is expected to be available Wednesday....

So, I have a source on the Browns. The info I’ve received has typically been pretty accurate. Apparently they expect a bunch more positives popping up. But they’ve been told by the league that they don’t have any outs, they have to play the game as scheduled.

And I won’t get into the details, but there were some options on the table that may have prevented a lot of this spread, and the Browns chose the option with the most risk and are potentially paying the price now.

• Thinking 1
16 hours ago, GroveDiesel said:

So, I have a source on the Browns. The info I’ve received has typically been pretty accurate. Apparently they expect a bunch more positives popping up. But they’ve been told by the league that they don’t have any outs, they have to play the game as scheduled.

And I won’t get into the details, but there were some options on the table that may have prevented a lot of this spread, and the Browns chose the option with the most risk and are potentially paying the price now.

Mary Kay Cabot@MaryKayCabot

#Browns Stefanski says the team has had no new positive tests today. He said he’s fine and his family is fine and he’s most concerned about everyone else

-----------------------------------------------------

Adam Schefter@AdamSchefter

As long as there are no more positive tests, Sunday night‘s Browns-Steelers game will be played as scheduled. Issue arises if there are more positives...

Tests on the rest of the Browns’ players came back negative this morning, per source.

Edited by Bracie Smathers
  • Like 1
On 1/4/2021 at 5:30 PM, The Man With No Name said:

Browns haven't won a road playoff game since 1969

It typically is incredibly difficult to win a road playoff game.  I believe we've only won four in the entire history of the Cleveland Browns dating back to the AAFC in the forties with Otto Graham but this year is different without the crowds.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rick Gosselin@RickGosselin9

NFL home teams won 56.7 percent of their games in the 2010 decade. But in 2020, for the first time in history, NFL home teams lost more games (128) than they won (127). There also was one tie.

i think back to big game baker in college and hope that this weekend triggers that monster aura within him. 

he was who i wanted at 1. he's who i believed would bring us back. but now he REALLY has to show he can drag us upwards

we talked about TD:INT ratio a few weeks back, i had a minute so i thought i'd look up the final numbers for the season:

Mayfield threw 26 TDs to 8 INTs to up his ratio to 3.25 : 1 on the season.  

for his career, he's now at 75 TDs to 43 INTs for a 1.74 : 1 ratio, which puts him at #28 currently on the all time TD:INT ratio list.

the question is if he will maintain the ratio he had this year, especially if they start asking him to throw more.

as an interesting aside, the Browns in the 2020 season threw the ball 501 times vs. 495 runs, putting them at #4 on the list of most rushing plays by percentage. (48.3%)

(Baltimore was #1 this year with a staggering 55.89% rushing percentage.)

(Pittsburgh was #31 at 35.76%.  No wonder the Browns don't match up well with them defensively.)

On 1/6/2021 at 11:51 AM, Bracie Smathers said:

Mary Kay Cabot@MaryKayCabot

#Browns Stefanski says the team has had no new positive tests today. He said he’s fine and his family is fine and he’s most concerned about everyone else

-----------------------------------------------------

As long as there are no more positive tests, Sunday night‘s Browns-Steelers game will be played as scheduled. Issue arises if there are more positives...

Tests on the rest of the Browns’ players came back negative this morning, per source.

Two more today. We’ll see what happens tomorrow.

33 minutes ago, GroveDiesel said:

Nothing.  They'll turn a blind eye to it and play the game short-handed.  If this were anyone else, I think they'd find a way to postpone.  Instead, I think Goodell will meet Pfrier at the 50 yd line with CLE's captains and hand out a "Participation" ribbon.  He'll do the elbow dab and then say, "Thanks for making the drive over for the game.  Here's a couple of vouchers for Kenny Rogers Chicken so you can get dinner on the way back."

58 minutes ago, Peak said:

Nothing.  They'll turn a blind eye to it and play the game short-handed.  If this were anyone else, I think they'd find a way to postpone.  Instead, I think Goodell will meet Pfrier at the 50 yd line with CLE's captains and hand out a "Participation" ribbon.  He'll do the elbow dab and then say, "Thanks for making the drive over for the game.  Here's a couple of vouchers for Kenny Rogers Chicken so you can get dinner on the way back."

Just curious, what options do they have in terms of postponing and such? Anything I can think of would impact the following week.

16 minutes ago, Twenty-Four Eighty-Four said:

Just curious, what options do they have in terms of postponing and such? Anything I can think of would impact the following week.

They could play Monday or Tuesday (possibly Wednesday) and postpone the following playoff game for the winner to next Sunday or Monday.  I'm just not sure if the 2 or 3 day delay this week will even help any of the players that are out due to Covid.

Scratch that:  I forgot the National Championship game is Monday night.  They won't go up against that.

Edited by Godsbrother
2 hours ago, GroveDiesel said:

Well at least we're practicing this week...  err

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Tom Withers@twithersAP

#Browns don't practice again as COVID-19 wreaks havoc on team

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I hear they are going to flex the Cowboys Giants to replace an expected blowout Wild Card game for Sunday Night Football.

2 hours ago, Peak said:

Hmnnn...

========

David J. Chao - ProFootballDoc@ProFootballDoc

This is significant. Spread within a team is what might postpone a game. Right now still a few days to go but something to keep an eye on.

Tom Pelissero@TomPelissero

Dr. Allen Sills, the NFL's chief medical officer, says on @nflnetwork "there was some spread one individual to another" among #Browns' latest positive COVID-19 cases. Not all community spread. Contact tracing and review of test results ongoing before decision on practice today.

7 hours ago, Peak said:

Hogwash.  This victim mentality really needs to stop.  

2 hours ago, Ghost Rider said:

Hogwash.  This victim mentality really needs to stop.  

I actually agree. 

every team agreed to the rules this year. 

it’s unfortunate, but they need to suck it up and play.  

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Soulfly3 said:

i mostly agree..

but there WERE postponements this season. so, you can't pretend like we're asking for special treatment if we have an internal outbreak.

The NFL protocols are about risk of spreading the disease.

Different genome strains contracted from OUTSIDE of a team facility according to the NFL protocols does not carry the same risk as a similar genome strain that have been spread WITHIN team facilities.  That is the key.  Similar strains spread within a team facility.  

My opinion, the NFL policy claims they want to prevent spreading COVID conveniently prevents them from being sued.

High potential to spread within a facility/on field = high legal risk to the league

High legal risk to league = games get pushed back

Right now the game will be played unless more positive cases of similar genome strains get spread within a team facility.  Who knows when they decide the risk is too high but Doctor Chao said our latest outbreak was 'significant'.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

David J. Chao - ProFootballDoc@ProFootballDoc

This is significant. Spread within a team is what might postpone a game. Right now still a few days to go but something to keep an eye on.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Every team should tread lightly as they may go through the same thing.  Steelers will be playing a team riddled with COVID cases which will cause some concern even if all precautions are taken.  

I think we all know it suck if the Super Bowl is determined by COVID attrition.

15 hours ago, Godsbrother said:

They could play Monday or Tuesday (possibly Wednesday) and postpone the following playoff game for the winner to next Sunday or Monday.  I'm just not sure if the 2 or 3 day delay this week will even help any of the players that are out due to Covid.

Scratch that:  I forgot the National Championship game is Monday night.  They won't go up against that.

I just think the rest time/practice time between games becomes so important in the playoffs. If a team wins Saturday and, in the next round, plays a team that wins Tuesday (or Wednesday as you also proposed), that team would be at a HUGE disadvantage having significantly less days to prepare.

42 minutes ago, Twenty-Four Eighty-Four said:

I just think the rest time/practice time between games becomes so important in the playoffs. If a team wins Saturday and, in the next round, plays a team that wins Tuesday (or Wednesday as you also proposed), that team would be at a HUGE disadvantage having significantly less days to prepare.

Yes I agree.  I think if they can get the game in as scheduled they should because Covid is so damn unpredictable.  If they delayed until Tuesday or Wednesday and either team had a rash of positive tests on Monday or Tuesday what do they do then?  

Covid sucks

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, Twenty-Four Eighty-Four said:

It would. As does a participating team that's had 33% of its roster on covid reserve over the last 2 weeks and only been permitted to conduct one practice over that time frame. The NFL is not decision making based on competitive disadvantage; it's about liability. Proceed, accordingly - and nobody cares, work harder.

• Like 2

this is how i look at it:

1.  last year the Browns wouldn't have even made the playoffs.  they're playing with house money right now.

2. do they have a championship caliber offense?  maybe.  at times they sure do.  do they have a championship caliber defense? No.

3. they are the #7 seed for a reason.  the NFL does not care about the #7 seed.

4. i'd rather this happen this year, instead of one of the next few years, when i feel the Browns may have a legitimate shot at a championship.

5.  do i have a fifth point?  no.  it just looked weird to end a list on four.  enjoy the ride everyone.

• Like 2

@TomPelissero 1h

Two #Browns who tested positive for COVID-19 on Thursday have tested negative since on multiple tests, per source. If they continue to test negative today, the NFL’s medical experts may revisit those results and their status for Sunday vs. the #Steelers.

,,, Denzel back would be MASSIVE.. so if guys from Thurs might be good to go, Denzel would be a lock (if testing negative)

Edited by Soulfly3

@AKinkhabwala

The #Browns rapid result testing has come back all clear and the team will have their walkthrough in about 30 minutes at team HQ. After that, they’re flying to Pittsburgh for tomorrow night’s PLAYOFF tilt vs the #Steelers.

1 hour ago, Soulfly3 said:

@TomPelissero 1h

Two #Browns who tested positive for COVID-19 on Thursday have tested negative since on multiple tests, per source. If they continue to test negative today, the NFL’s medical experts may revisit those results and their status for Sunday vs. the #Steelers.

,,, Denzel back would be MASSIVE.. so if guys from Thurs might be good to go, Denzel would be a lock (if testing negative)

Not sure if Ward was one, but Harrison definitely was a false negative. He would be a welcome addition in the secondary.

Browns activated TE Harrison Bryant, S Ronnie Harrison and LB Malcolm Smith off their Reserve/COVID-19 reserve list in time to play Sunday vs. the Steelers.

Edited by Soulfly3
  • Like 1
28 minutes ago, Soulfly3 said:

denzel ward can be activated as of Sunday morning, pending continued Negative results. 

It's official Ward isn't going to play.  That is a crippling blow.  We had to have him back.

Browns activated TE Harrison Bryant from the reserve/COVID-19 list.

Bryant will play in Sunday night's Wild Card game with the Steelers. The Browns also activated LB Malcolm Smith and S Ronnie Harrison. Denzel Ward and CB Kevin Johnson remain on the COVID list and won't be cleared for the first round of the playoffs.

Edited by Dez
  • Sad 1
5 minutes ago, MAC_32 said:

Anyone that wants to believe we can win tomorrow I dont advise looking up qb splits when Ward is out.

Things were already stacked against us with our head coach out and one of our best OL out and now having Ward out pretty much ends it.  Shocked Pitt is only favored by 6.  This could be one of those ugly 38-7 type games.  It was a great season either way but this sucks.  We had a very easy schedule so I don't think we just walk to 11 wins again next year.  Getting 4 games vs the NFC East is a big reason we went 11-5.  

1 minute ago, Dez said:

Things were already stacked against us with our head coach out and one of our best OL out and now having Ward out pretty much ends it.  Shocked Pitt is only favored by 6.  This could be one of those ugly 38-7 type games.  It was a great season either way but this sucks.  We had a very easy schedule so I don't think we just walk to 11 wins again next year.  Getting 4 games vs the NFC East is a big reason we went 11-5.  

I'll be disappointed if it's something like that. I expect an admirable effort, but ultimately the Steeler defense will make too many plays to overcome.

is there a defensive antonym to “stacking the box?”

like, is there a way to drop everyone into coverage and “dare them to run”?

On 1/8/2021 at 10:56 AM, amnesiac said:

this is how i look at it:

1.  last year the Browns wouldn't have even made the playoffs.  they're playing with house money right now.

2. do they have a championship caliber offense?  maybe.  at times they sure do.  do they have a championship caliber defense? No.

3. they are the #7 seed for a reason.  the NFL does not care about the #7 seed.

4. i'd rather this happen this year, instead of one of the next few years, when i feel the Browns may have a legitimate shot at a championship.

5.  do i have a fifth point?  no.  it just looked weird to end a list on four.  enjoy the ride everyone.

We’re the 6 seed so 1 and 3 aren’t accurate, but I completely get the message in part 4. 

On 1/9/2021 at 2:19 PM, Dez said:

Could get out of hand, but I’m thinking it will not. 

LET’S GO BROWNS!

On 1/9/2021 at 2:25 PM, amnesiac said:

is there a defensive antonym to “stacking the box?”

like, is there a way to drop everyone into coverage and “dare them to run”?

"Emptying the box"?

"Smothering the field"?

"Scattered, Smothered, Covered, and Chunked"?

Edited by Peak