• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MAC_32

• ghostguy123

• amnesiac

• Bracie Smathers

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Of course he was concussed...I'm sure Haley kept reminding him on the sideline he was concussed.  Haley wasn't going to let him back in that game, Hue be damned.   Taylor: Coach, I can play.  I ju

This isn't going to be a "only positive comments allowed" type thing. But don't do what you did. And you know what you did. If you've got something constructive to discuss about how the team

Ryan Engle‏ @rengle83 13h13 hours ago I read the survival handbook for these situations. If you’re attacked by a Jermaine Whitehead, just pretend like you’re a tight end running at a moderate pac

Crazy start to the game, massive capitalization on the turnovers, Browns gonna Brown during the middle and finally the game ending drive at the end we were all screaming for during the 2nd & 3rd quarter. Can’t ask for much more from this team. Just wow! 

Oh and our QB meeting one of his lineman in the locker room for the first time before the game and that lineman coming into play in the 4th quarter during said game winning drive. Even in victory, the Browns add their unique slant to the win. As much as I’ve hated this team in the past, I love them so much more.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Soulfly3 said:

Joe, you will NEVER be forgiven for the website being down over night. 

Conspiracy!!!  Joe is a Steeler fan!!  Kept us loyal Browns fans from enjoying the night while his steelers crashed and burned!!  Get the pitchforks and torches!!!

(all jokes...all jokes...)

• Like 1

Looking good for the Chiefs.

Err, so far.🤞

------------------------------------

Ian Rapoport@RapSheet

After playing and advancing last night, the #Browns got an “all clear” on their latest round of COVID-19 testing, source said. After a trying week, perhaps the worst is behind them as they move on in the playoffs.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, beer 30 said:

Crazy start to the game, massive capitalization on the turnovers, Browns gonna Brown during the middle and finally the game ending drive at the end we were all screaming for during the 2nd & 3rd quarter. Can’t ask for much more from this team. Just wow! 

Oh and our QB meeting one of his lineman in the locker room for the first time before the game and that lineman coming into play in the 4th quarter during said game winning drive. Even in victory, the Browns add their unique slant to the win. As much as I’ve hated this team in the past, I love them so much more.

GREAT win for you guys and I’m genuinely happy for all Browns fans.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
19 minutes ago, Bracie Smathers said:

📷  ITS OVER

End of an era.

There's also a picture going around of Ben & Pouncey on the bench after what looks like everyone else is long gone. Pouncey previously said when Ben's done, so is he. Certainly looks like Ben may be done, and as a Steelers fan, it saddens me a due to the amount of success he's had right from the get go. But his play has gone downhill and last night really showed it.

Browns 100 percent, absolutely earned the win last night and deserve it. I'm actually rooting for the Browns to take it to the Chiefs. Good luck to you guys!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
28 minutes ago, Bracie Smathers said:

📷  TEAM WIN

Baker and Myles in the center of the circle both physically and spiritually.

There are your team leaders for (hopefully) years to come.  Along with Stefanski, they have set the attitude and provide the heart for this team.  Great win last night, and hopefully a new start for this franchise.  I'm very excited for what the future holds for this team.

On 1/10/2018 at 11:35 AM, Soulfly3 said:

I love this. Everyone who #### on the Browns will be eating their words. 

I stand by this team being in the playoffs in 2yrs. Moreso then ever. 

huh, he got one right.

• Laughing 1

Even though the Steelers mini-comeback caused a lot of worry and panic in the Cleveland for a while there in the second half, I was more impressed with the Browns winning like that last night than had the Steelers laid down and went to sleep in the second half.  In the second half when the Steelers got the game within two scores, the Browns on two consecutive possessions took the ball right down the field on offense and extended the lead again.  It would have been easy to get nervous and play tight and gag it away, but they hung tough and just kept making plays and put the game away. Majorly impressed. 

Edited by Ghost Rider

it's a big part of why I don't THINK we'll get blown out by KC and have a real chance.

their run/pass DEF is nowhere near as good as PIT. We can score on them, just as they can score on us.

if myles and co can get pressure on mahomes, we can do this. it wont be easy and isnt likely... but we can. their o-line is suspect too, much moreso than PIT.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Soulfly3 said:

it's a big part of why I don't THINK we'll get blown out by KC and have a real chance.

their run/pass DEF is nowhere near as good as PIT. We can score on them, just as they can score on us.

if myles and co can get pressure on mahomes, we can do this. it wont be easy and isnt likely... but we can. their o-line is suspect too, much moreso than PIT.

Since Myles has come back, he has been more of a diversion than an elite DE. Not saying that as a knock, dude just can't get his air. He still gets doubled about every play just not busting through those like he was earlier in the year. That's cool, use that and scheme the other guys to get pressure. Really need the rest of the DL to step up and get after Mahomes.

39 minutes ago, beer 30 said:
4 hours ago, Soulfly3 said:

if myles and co can get pressure on mahomes, we can do this. it wont be easy and isnt likely... but we can. their o-line is suspect...

Since Myles has come back, he has been more of a diversion than an elite DE. Not saying that as a knock, dude just can't get his air. He still gets doubled about every play just not busting through those like he was earlier in the year. That's cool, use that and scheme the other guys to get pressure. Really need the rest of the DL to step up and get after Mahomes.

Did you see the Pittsburgh game?

Woods would take Myles and line him wide to one side of the line and then shift the entire D-Line far to the other side because he didn't respect Frankenstien's ability to run less alone his ability to move around in the pocket.  

How did the Steelers respond to that alignment?

They TRIPLE TEAMED MYLES and left the others in one-on-one blocking situations.

Myles only has 1.5 sacks in the last five games as he comes back from COVID but by taking three blockers he's MORE than doing his part.

We can't do that against KC because of Mahomes who can and will probably be running like a rabbit but I anticipate Mr. Garrett with introduce himself to Patrick on Sunday at least once.

1 hour ago, Bracie Smathers said:

Did you see the Pittsburgh game?

Woods would take Myles and line him wide to one side of the line and then shift the entire D-Line far to the other side because he didn't respect Frankenstien's ability to run less alone his ability to move around in the pocket.  

How did the Steelers respond to that alignment?

They TRIPLE TEAMED MYLES and left the others in one-on-one blocking situations.

Myles only has 1.5 sacks in the last five games as he comes back from COVID but by taking three blockers he's MORE than doing his part.

We can't do that against KC because of Mahomes who can and will probably be running like a rabbit but I anticipate Mr. Garrett with introduce himself to Patrick on Sunday at least once.

Yea I get it and that's what I'm saying. You know he's going to at least pull a double team, scheme for it. I'd love for Myles to say hi to Mahomes repeatedly but I think he's still struggling with the side effects of COVID. You see him sucking wind after ever play just like I do. He's still a force so plan accordingly. The PIT game(s) were anomalies to me because you had guys in the defensive backfield that probably wouldn't be on a teams practice squad forced into service. If you get your starters back this week, should allow JWoods to get a little more creative with his schemes and maybe bring a LB every once in a while.

1 minute ago, beer 30 said:

If you get your starters back this week,

Mobile Mahomes is not Frankenstein.

The defense gave up half a millennium Sunday Night.

They got crushed by Lamar.

Mahomes  > Ben 

Mahomes > Lamar

Combine them and you have Mahomes.

The secondary even with Denzel is going to get torched and Mahomes is going to convert with his legs when we get good coverage because our pass rush has suffered without OV.

Stefanski has to learn from the Pittsburgh game to manage the last possession.

The defense isn't going to be the story of this game if we win.

4 minutes ago, Bracie Smathers said:

Mobile Mahomes is not Frankenstein.

The defense gave up half a millennium Sunday Night.

They got crushed by Lamar.

Mahomes  > Ben 

Mahomes > Lamar

Combine them and you have Mahomes.

The secondary even with Denzel is going to get torched and Mahomes is going to convert with his legs when we get good coverage because our pass rush has suffered without OV.

Stefanski has to learn from the Pittsburgh game to manage the last possession.

The defense isn't going to be the story of this game if we win.

Not saying they are but it's going to be a totally different look than the last two weeks, in a good way. They aren't going to win the game for us (but how cool would be if they did?) but they can slow the bus down. DE have to keep contain, LB's have to play with their head on a swivel and ready to come up in run support the second Mahomes tucks it to run.

We win this game by keeping him on the bench. Let the offense play defense for you. Long, sustained drives. 3 and out multiple times is going to lead to a bad outcome because we know they are going to score and probably a lot. I think AVP called an ok game last week but he went too pass happy for me. When you're up 40 after 5 minutes you have the latitude to do that. I don't think the game with KC starts the same way the game with PIT did.

The Browns have a way better chance to win this game than you guys think, imo. For these reasons:

1. Chiefs offensive line is really bad. And it's made Mahomes revert into some bad habits. One of these is he starts drifting back in the pocket which disrupts a lot of the timing of their plays.

2. Despite the bad line, Andy Reid is still calling deep drops and long developing plays downfield. He hasn't really adjusted with more screens, quick slants, and hot reads for Mahomes. If he doesn't adjust here it will be a problem for the Chiefs.

3. Chiefs defense against the run is bad. Our linebacking core is not good. With the Browns two headed monster this will be a problem IF Stefanski commits to the run and stays with it. Teams panic against the Chiefs when they starting scoring. The Browns are going to have to be disciplined and continue to run the ball even when you think they shouldn't.

The main thing going against the Browns is the Chiefs experience. They do not panic.

If I was a betting man, I would bet the Browns all day in this game. 9.5 point spread? Chiefs haven't covered a large line in a long while. And to be honest, while they have won games, it has been ugly. Real ugly.

I would not be shocked at all if the Browns with this game. 

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, ChiefD said:

The Browns have a way better chance to win this game than you guys think, imo. For these reasons:

1. Chiefs offensive line is really bad. And it's made Mahomes revert into some bad habits. One of these is he starts drifting back in the pocket which disrupts a lot of the timing of their plays.

2. Despite the bad line, Andy Reid is still calling deep drops and long developing plays downfield. He hasn't really adjusted with more screens, quick slants, and hot reads for Mahomes. If he doesn't adjust here it will be a problem for the Chiefs.

3. Chiefs defense against the run is bad. Our linebacking core is not good. With the Browns two headed monster this will be a problem IF Stefanski commits to the run and stays with it. Teams panic against the Chiefs when they starting scoring. The Browns are going to have to be disciplined and continue to run the ball even when you think they shouldn't.

The main thing going against the Browns is the Chiefs experience. They do not panic.

If I was a betting man, I would bet the Browns all day in this game. 9.5 point spread? Chiefs haven't covered a large line in a long while. And to be honest, while they have won games, it has been ugly. Real ugly.

GTFO here, you're not welcome with your reverse psychology and your self-deprecating bullet points. Go run down to the farmers market or something shovel boy :D

• Laughing 4

don't forget, Mahomes does not throw interceptions.  

he's got a staggering 6.33 :1 TD:INT ratio this year.

the games that the Browns defense shines in are when they can create multiple turn overs.

4 minutes ago, beer 30 said:

GTFO here, you're not welcome with your reverse psychology and your self-deprecating bullet points. Go run down to the farmers market or something shovel boy :D

:lol:

I'm a realist when it comes to my Chiefs. 

16 minutes ago, ChiefD said:

i was surprised going back and looking at their games, it does appear that they were in a lot of close games this year.

anything is certainly possible, but in the end i think the Chiefs are going to be able to score at will, and they will beat the Browns.

especially with fresh legs from the first round bye.

So the Steelers facility is shut down for Covid.  Wonderful.

There is a joke in here somewhere about their facility being shut down because WE ENDED THEIR SEASON!!!!!!!!........but this will just suck if we have more Covid

57 minutes ago, ghostguy123 said:

So the Steelers facility is shut down for Covid.  Wonderful.

There is a joke in here somewhere about their facility being shut down because WE ENDED THEIR SEASON!!!!!!!!........but this will just suck if we have more Covid

i would HOPE they'd still be conducting daily tests on our team... i think they are.

14 minutes ago, Soulfly3 said:

You said it'd suck if we have more covid. im saying that i believe ive read we're being tested daily, and no new cases. 

Hope it stays that way

Its tuesday.  We just played 2 days ago.  

55 minutes ago, The Man With No Name said:

Can the Browns beat the Chiefs?

Fan to Kansas City Chiefs wide receiver Sammy Watkins asked if Browns posed any competition. 

Chiefs’ Sammy Watkins on the Browns providing competition: ‘I wouldn’t go that far lol..!’

...  The Browns were in the midst of their 28-point first quarter outburst to set an NFL playoff record.

A Chiefs fan replied to Watkins “Looks like we got some comp next week’'

To which Watkins responded, “I wouldn’t go that far lol….!”

20 hours ago, amnesiac said:

the games that the Browns defense shines in are when they can create multiple turn overs.

The fumbles are coming this week.

20 hours ago, amnesiac said:

He's been pretty loose with the football lately, though. He's had a lot of potential interceptions dropped this year.

The fact is, the reason he is so good is because he takes a lot of risks. Most of them pan out. But if the Browns can catch the opportunities they are given (and they will get some), this will be bad for the Chiefs.

I'm looking forward to this game, but am extremely nervous. The Browns are a good team, and if they weren't playing for the Chiefs I'd be rooting for them all day.

Heck, if they win I'd probably root for them the rest of the way. After what Modell did to you guys - Browns fans deserve this success they are having.

Young, exciting team. Should be a fun AFC for the next ten years:

Mahomes

Mayfield

Allen

Jackson

Herbert

• Like 1
41 minutes ago, ChiefD said:

He's been pretty loose with the football lately, though. He's had a lot of potential interceptions dropped this year.

The fact is, the reason he is so good is because he takes a lot of risks. Most of them pan out. But if the Browns can catch the opportunities they are given (and they will get some), this will be bad for the Chiefs.

I'm looking forward to this game, but am extremely nervous. The Browns are a good team, and if they weren't playing for the Chiefs I'd be rooting for them all day.

Heck, if they win I'd probably root for them the rest of the way. After what Modell did to you guys - Browns fans deserve this success they are having.

Young, exciting team. Should be a fun AFC for the next ten years:

Mahomes

Mayfield

Allen

Jackson

Herbert

don't forget Burrow, he was looking good before the injury.

thanks for the well wishes.  i hope we get a good game on Sunday.

• Like 1